PDA

View Full Version : Mod slots costs tens of thousands of salvage again....

EternalRain
03-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Just noticed I need 37k salvage to put a 3rd mod slot on an oj.....wtf..I didn't read this was happening anywhere...

Sliverbaer
03-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Bug or intentional? Ark salvage costs reverted - Gunslinger Trials - DlC 4 (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151270-Bug-or-intentional-Ark-salvage-costs-reverted-Gunslinger-Trials-DlC-4)

Nalai
03-11-2014, 05:03 PM
You mean it isn't in the patch notes. Weird. Trion never makes changes that aren't in the patch notes.

Goth Angel
03-11-2014, 05:06 PM
Sigh... There really trying to kick out their few remaining loyal players aren't they.. :(

Raiithe
03-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Why are they reverting one of the few GOOD changes they had made? In the start mod slots or altering weapons cost a small fortune then after a few months of complaints reduced it.... so why make it worse again?

Is trion trying to empty the defiance servers to open them up to a new game?

Please Trion, if you are going to make changes then 1/ Tell us, 2/ if a large part of the community hates it then don't add it.

Goth Angel
03-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Agreed! Completely right on your two points.
I really think there doing this on purpose to annoy people to make us leave, and for the most part. It succeed.

OttawaREDBLACKS
03-11-2014, 05:34 PM
This was one of the things brought up in the alpha server discussions, not sure who else does this but I also bought the computer version for something like $8, was fun for a while but ended up finding a bunch of good deals on steam. But the big positive was seeing both DLC 3, 4 before they were released somewhat spoiling the content added but also finding out about the little things and the things that didn't get fixed. .

KylieDog
03-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Add mod slots for only 80 bits! - Coming soon!

maverick07
03-11-2014, 07:28 PM
At least when mod slots used to cost this much, in the first few months in the game, converting salvage into keycodes didn't cost scrip. As a lower EGO player and in that 2000 to 3000 range, I looked forward to being able to reach the 4000s, and ultimately 5000 where each weapon I would recieve would come with all slots open. I saw it as a reward for reaching higher EGO. I didn't have to use my salvage with mod slots as much anymore, and I could use my salvage to open more lockboxes instead, I saw it as a benefit of reaching that higher EGO level.

I can deal with mod slots costing a bit more again. But this combined with converting salvage to keys eating all of your scrip it's just too much for me and I won't be converting salvage anymore. Why even have the option to convert salvage now. Unless I'm on Xbox sitting on 10 or 20 mil in scrip with their economy I would never think of converting salvage to keys anymore.

Ebyl
03-11-2014, 08:38 PM
Yet another idiotic change to the game by a company that appears to be actively trying to kill it off. Brilliant... Take a bow, whoever is responsible for this. You win the award for one of the worst changes (reversions, even worse) to a game I've ever seen.

Littleweasel
03-11-2014, 09:28 PM
its almost as if trion wants to people to quit playing the game so they can close the servers and move onto to making an even worse game than defiance has come to be.

Nefarious
03-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Salvage needed a use other then buying keys. Now it has a use.

What needs to be done is that salvage needs to be tradable. The game could use a second currency and since salvage now has a big purpose it would be perfect.

hardy83
03-12-2014, 12:02 AM
Well...I'm glad I fully modded all my orange weapons before the patch. Maybe they'll be more valuable to sell now. :P

...If I ever sell them. lol

TAG
03-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Add mod slots for only 80 bits! - Coming soon!

More like 8000 bits.

InfamousBrad
03-12-2014, 12:31 AM
Yep. If you look at the (long) thread about this on the Alpha forum, you'll find a developer insisting that they never changed it on purpose, that the fact that it's different from how it was at launch time is a bug, so they fixed it by reverting it to what it was at launch.

I'm betting that even Trion isn't stubborn enough, or stupid enough, to leave it this way for long. Some time in the next week or two, the pitchfork and torch brigade will force Trick, or somebody, to sit down with the whole list of old patch notes, grep it, and see that oh, yeah, they did change it on purpose, and for a good reason, and then they'll change it again.

Or they could leave it this stupid, and thereby make sure that nobody with an EGO above 300 and below 3000 can afford to mod their weapons or reset their weapon masteries. I just don't think that they will. At least, I hope not.

Amack
03-12-2014, 12:36 AM
The RNG has been broken for awhile now, and many people have been breaking multiple things down (or selling it for scrip), so now unfortunately the whole playerbase including the new players are being made to suffer.

I understand completely, really I do.

Atticus Batman
03-12-2014, 02:24 AM
At least when mod slots used to cost this much, in the first few months in the game, converting salvage into keycodes didn't cost scrip.

Yes it did. You are sadly mistaken.