PDA

View Full Version : Europe paying too much

Guyver_uk
03-12-2014, 07:27 AM
i would like to say that we had this conversation last night.

the problems are as follows

1. The game costs 29.99 in the UK unsure of the euro's cost but was $10 USD on the American Playstation network.

2.The bit costs they seem very high in the UK for what we are getting in return. 8k for an "epic" lock box. that in real money would be 67.68 British Pound Sterling equals $112.44 US Dollar (googled pounds to dollars). compared with for the same amount of bits that equals $69.98 US Dollar equals 42.12 British Pound Sterling
what means we are paying 25 roughly more than our American friends. with 800 bits left over if you wanted the nomad or an outfit ..... seems a little unrealistic when for me i hate shotguns and would be really upset if thats what was in the box..

3. the store prices for the outfits if you look at some other titles out there like LBP they charge next to nothing for the outfits and there are hundreds...

4. I was also shocked we don't get a discount with the season pass EA have done this with FIFA.

I guess in closing i would ask trion to look very carefully at their pricing system. Please make sure no matter where you live we pay the same....

with the current pricing in game it is very hard for me to tell friends to get this game and i have a fair few asking me what it's like

sly wolf
03-12-2014, 08:28 AM
If you paid 29.99 for this game you have been robbed straight off the bat cos it's 4.99 2nd hand and just gone upto 14.99 new which is still way too much

Whippersnapper
03-12-2014, 08:37 AM
Can't you buy an American copy?
Didn't the game get dropped to $10? Hence the insult "$10 Ark Hunter" used in frustration by those of us who paid full price ($60).

Euros have more value than the American dollar so it should be less than 10.
I know Europe sometimes has to pay extra because of something called VAT, but still....

Checked in a currency conversion website:
10.00 USD = 7.19669 EUR
US Dollar ↔ Euro this is w/o the DLCs though....

Guyver_uk
03-12-2014, 09:15 AM
i have this game 3/4 times now
1 the ultimate edition for the 360 (gift from the wife wrong console kept it to keep her happy codes used by my brother).
American ps3 digital version and ps3 disk version... and probably a 4th one on the pc (think someone gifted me it on steam) the 29.99 is the digital version on the UK PSN I was hoping it would run smoother than the disk haven't got it because it's 29.99...

KylieDog
03-12-2014, 12:48 PM
I paid 20 for the Ultimate Edition which includes game, season pass and lots of other stuff and I still feel ripped off. Everytime I go to store on my way to claim items I just laugh.

Narya243
03-12-2014, 02:36 PM
I agree with guyver that European players are being pulled over the table and completely ripped off,

here is a list of places you can get the game and the different versions

Steam

Standard Edition €9.99 Digital Deluxe €27.99 Season Pass €29.99

Main Site

Standard Edition €8.99 Digital Deluxe €26.99 Season Pass €29.99

Playstation Network

Standard edition €39.99 Digital Deluxe €69.99 Season Pass €29.99

(to my knowledge and through research the American store has it at $10 for standard edition)

i paid €15 via ebay for the standard edition NEW roughly a year ago.

the Bits prices are extremely high compared to other games and their in game currencies

1000 bits = €10 while 2830 = €25 they offer a 20% bous of bits and theres higher option at €60,
going by these values the 8000bit box which is currently at 20% reduced value would cost roughly €85

looking at another MMO which has in game currency and real world currency values EvE online offers a
PLEX (Player Licence Extension Card) for 30 days sub or can be sold @ roughly 670 million ISK (in game currency)
which for the most part would cover 2 or more T1 Battleship and fitting or the cost of a Player owned station which could earn
the player more then the value of the PLEX in a week on a standard gaming night ( 2 - 5 hours)

If they want the bit system to work and work well they simply would need to reduce the cost or increase the bits by a factor of 10

so for a €10 value you'd get 10000 bits making it worthwhile

i did buy the season pass and all i got was the hat this in itself seems cheap even 1000 bits added to the season pass would have made
the season pass alot more rewarding

RAGEFIGHTER
03-12-2014, 02:54 PM
I agree with guyver that European players are being pulled over the table and completely ripped off,

here is a list of places you can get the game and the different versions

Steam

Standard Edition €9.99 Digital Deluxe €27.99 Season Pass €29.99

Main Site

Standard Edition €8.99 Digital Deluxe €26.99 Season Pass €29.99

Playstation Network

Standard edition €39.99 Digital Deluxe €69.99 Season Pass €29.99

(to my knowledge and through research the American store has it at $10 for standard edition)

i paid €15 via ebay for the standard edition NEW roughly a year ago.

the Bits prices are extremely high compared to other games and their in game currencies

1000 bits = €10 while 2830 = €25 they offer a 20% bous of bits and theres higher option at €60,
going by these values the 8000bit box which is currently at 20% reduced value would cost roughly €85

looking at another MMO which has in game currency and real world currency values EvE online offers a
PLEX (Player Licence Extension Card) for 30 days sub or can be sold @ roughly 670 million ISK (in game currency)
which for the most part would cover 2 or more T1 Battleship and fitting or the cost of a Player owned station which could earn
the player more then the value of the PLEX in a week on a standard gaming night ( 2 - 5 hours)

If they want the bit system to work and work well they simply would need to reduce the cost or increase the bits by a factor of 10

so for a €10 value you'd get 10000 bits making it worthwhile

i did buy the season pass and all i got was the hat this in itself seems cheap even 1000 bits added to the season pass would have made
the season pass alot more rewarding

there is alot resseling webs whoo sel prety cheap i bought season pass from one russian web payed 9 euro in steam season pass price 30 euro so 20 euro difference how ever i culdnt active season pass trough steam it work only in deffiance web

Guyver_uk
03-13-2014, 04:41 AM
my main problem at the moment with trion. is i wish they would have one global price. for the Bits And DLC. regardless of platform. as one person has already stated on other threads. the more you research a game the less likely you are to continue supporting it when you get dishearten. this leads to you looking else where at similar games either on console or pc.