PDA

View Full Version : Installed new patch, got black screen, dasboard and now have to reinstall entire game

Albion
03-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Which I see has happened to several other people here. My question is, I deleted every Defiance file off of my 360 hard drive, and I'm reinstalling. Do I have to go back and redownload all the DLC from the store also?

Albion
03-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Thank you...I didn't bother to try and figure out if one of the patch files was corrupt (not even sure how to see that on xbox) I had 8 Defiance files and deleted them all. Some of them were labelled with the names of the DLC content, which is why I was wondering if those needed to be reloaded. Well, just another 45 min to go now...

Bentu
03-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Your saves are on Trions servers, dlcs bits the lot. Just delete the lot and start again.

Albion
03-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Cool, thank you Bentu.

pc360
03-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Hi Albion,same happened to me,when I looked at the Defiance files in the hard drive one file was listed as corrupted save file,but I still got rid of all of them to be on the safe side.

Scapes
03-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Which I see has happened to several other people here. My question is, I deleted every Defiance file off of my 360 hard drive, and I'm reinstalling. Do I have to go back and redownload all the DLC from the store also?

Sorry you were having difficulty! For future issues, our Support Team would be happy to assist you: https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478

Albion
03-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Thank you pc360 and Scapes. For anyone else who has this issue, deleting everything and reinstalling worked fine for me. The servers know that you have purchased past DLC, so once you load your toons from them you are good to go.

Quebra Regra
03-14-2014, 09:26 AM
With all due respekt (not much is due here IMHO), WTF TRION with the patching?!?!?! This is the 3rd time with new DLC that you have buggered up the patch process on the XBOX, and Ive been forced to delete all and entirely re-install.

TRION, clean up yer act, patching systems (particularly very standard/boilerplate systems) isn't rocket science (take it from me).