PDA

View Full Version : What does Trion want out of us?

HenryR
03-13-2014, 12:59 AM
I thought that in all fairness, since Scapes asked us what we want in the game, I would ask Trion what they want from us. I understand that mostly it's about the money, they are a company after all and profit is usually a good thing. I also think that for the most part, they want us to play and enjoy the Defiance experience. But is there more that we could be doing?

I paid original pricing for the game and season pass, so I can say that I have a small investment. 71 days of online game time shows a definite time investment. I don't really buy stuff from the store except for an occasional boost. I don't really care about outfits, and prefer to earn my guns (which the RNG gods still hate me). I usually put in tickets when I have problems (which usually gets me some kind of canned response).

I am not a web geek so I can't be like Etaew and create awesome web pages, I do tell my friends about the game and got a few hooked into it.

I am too old to just sit by and see problems and not say things. Buy I do try to be a little PC about how I say it (most of the time).

What's left. I/We have invested a lot into this game and would continue to do so if it went from good to great. There are entire threads, votes etc. on what people want in the game. Trion even asked for opinions and ideas. So far we have received Canadian Samurai (with no real backstory and a web page! really a web page? about how they fit into the game), and now the great Western showdown. We have Grenadegate, Chatgate, Bugs that are reported and fixed and then reintroduced with the next DLC (see mysterious disappearing ammo, etc.)

For a while I thought that Trion just gave up. No community discussion, no announcement of the latest DLC through the forums. The only responses have been bans/timeouts for posts against CoC. Now there appears to be a re-focus on building a community or at least a response to comments by people who probably like the game like I do. If it's temporary, it's welcome. If it's a real change it's awesome.

Ending wall of text.

P.S. This was written at 2AM local under the influence of several cold medications. I home it makes sense.

crasher
03-13-2014, 03:24 AM
I thought that in all fairness, since Scapes asked us what we want in the game, I would ask Trion what they want from us. I understand that mostly it's about the money, they are a company after all and profit is usually a good thing. I also think that for the most part, they want us to play and enjoy the Defiance experience. But is there more that we could be doing?

I paid original pricing for the game and season pass, so I can say that I have a small investment. 71 days of online game time shows a definite time investment. I don't really buy stuff from the store except for an occasional boost. I don't really care about outfits, and prefer to earn my guns (which the RNG gods still hate me). I usually put in tickets when I have problems (which usually gets me some kind of canned response).

I am not a web geek so I can't be like Etaew and create awesome web pages, I do tell my friends about the game and got a few hooked into it.

I am too old to just sit by and see problems and not say things. Buy I do try to be a little PC about how I say it (most of the time).

What's left. I/We have invested a lot into this game and would continue to do so if it went from good to great. There are entire threads, votes etc. on what people want in the game. Trion even asked for opinions and ideas. So far we have received Canadian Samurai (with no real backstory and a web page! really a web page? about how they fit into the game), and now the great Western showdown. We have Grenadegate, Chatgate, Bugs that are reported and fixed and then reintroduced with the next DLC (see mysterious disappearing ammo, etc.)

For a while I thought that Trion just gave up. No community discussion, no announcement of the latest DLC through the forums. The only responses have been bans/timeouts for posts against CoC. Now there appears to be a re-focus on building a community or at least a response to comments by people who probably like the game like I do. If it's temporary, it's welcome. If it's a real change it's awesome.

Ending wall of text.

P.S. This was written at 2AM local under the influence of several cold medications. I home it makes sense.

I hope you feel better soon, and:

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Thank you.

HenryR
03-13-2014, 09:12 PM
Thank you Crasher for your sense of humor. Obviously Ambien, Nyquil, dayquil and robitussin are not a great mix. Instead of being knocked out, I was up for 15 straight hours and wired as heck.

Back to lurk mode for a while, I've said too much alread.