PDA

View Full Version : Dekuso arena guide

r2nddan
03-13-2014, 07:36 AM
Last night got over 70k in a group of 4. 1 person used a bonfire, we spread out and covered four outer areas of the map. when survive wave started, we killed as fast as possible. need help figuring out how to keep x3 multiplier up while killing tanker and the dekuso.
please help me and the community discuss tactics to gold his disappearing ***.
thanx in advance

seros
03-13-2014, 07:39 AM
I used an #mag ground pounder dotted him with all of them then switched guns got the multiplier up switched back and blew him up.. worked for me solo..

r2nddan
03-13-2014, 07:41 AM
I used an #mag ground pounder dotted him with all of them then switched guns got the multiplier up switched back and blew him up.. worked for me solo..
you got gold solo?

seros
03-13-2014, 07:45 AM
no not gold solo , just a way to keep the multiplier up on the tanker..

x13FISHx
03-13-2014, 07:59 AM
As long as the enemies continue to phase in and out I don't think it's possible. We got 79k last night. Hopefully they will address the stability in today's patch. Once the stability is addressed I think many people will find out that this arena is not much harder than the others.

Fuzzle
03-13-2014, 08:54 AM
Hmm, it sounds like you followed my tips in the other thread so I'm surprised your score didn't make gold.

From the other thread:

The trick to gold on this one is
a) Be in a 4 player group.
b) When the "Survive" waves (there's 3 of them) come, kill as fast as possible. If it's easier for you, point each player in a direction and have them guard the 2 doors at each spawn location that the raiders will drop out of to spawn camp them.

If you get 2 tankers to spawn, you're probably pretty sure to get gold.

Some extra tips:
The 3rd wave gets heavy so you should have someone drop a protection spike here for sure.
If you stand in the middle of the arena, you have angles on every direction raiders can come from.
The tanker on the 2nd wave can be used to clear some walls for extra lines of sight. (When he shoots, roll behind a wall, but not too close to it).
Have someone use a bonfire to keep him lit on fire while shooting Dekuso. Opportunist points help.
The bonfire is also great at getting past rioter shields, and scoring extra points on tankers.
If you are using the bonfire, use preparedness perk to save time reloading it. Fire it once, switch to your AR/SMG/Whatever and when the fire burns back, switch back to a loaded bonfire.

Dekuso is definitely one of the harder ones to get gold on (besides matron, which is just a feat in trying your patience). It's definitely doable, and in my opinion one of the more accurate score tiers for a co-op group. They did say they didn't mind needing a group to get gold on these since they were designed to be co-op and not single player maps. When you get gold, you know you and your team were really playing gold medal worthy.

I'll try to give some more:

You should definitely have a protection spike out when the tanker is out. 2 people shouldn't have trouble taking him out while the other 2 continue to kill other raiders; the 3x combo and extra kills will be worth more than some the extra opportunist/teamwork points you might get if everyone stops shooting.

Use a respark regenerator if you have one. Dekuso uses the same electric attack as the Warmaster. A faster shield gets you shielded faster.

Just as some general tips for the scoring system. There are some pretty nice bonuses for killing in specific ways that can actually stack with each other.
Melee Kills, Nano Kills, Critical Kills, Power Kills. (There may be a couple others I'm missing, such as attack/defend kills that don't apply here). This means you want to try to Critical kill everything, so use a weapon that you feel comfortable with getting head shots fairly consistently. Use your ego power as often as you can and you will have power+critical kills on them. The power+critical kill points can add up fast.

I'm not positive that Dekuso is time based, but it feels like he is. If nothing else, after the third wave of raiders burn him fast and see if it helps your score. Maybe even have someone drop a damage spike.

Hmm.. what else...

For all arenas I suggest a weapon with Siphon, as the bonus health/shields they give help keep you standing and you can just wade into enemies more often, worrying about shooting more than covering. Using that perk that regenerates 15% of your shield on a critical kill is also very good in arenas, as it encourages you to get more critical kills so you can keep your shields up. Personally I'm using a VBI Assault Rifle and I like it.

Lucent
03-13-2014, 09:14 AM
For anyone else on 360, is it just luck based if he pops in and out for now? I am baffled how you could even get to 79k! I cannot see any Raiders for more than a second at a time, if at all. Are you doing anything special to be able to see the enemies?

r2nddan
03-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Hmm, it sounds like you followed my tips in the other thread so I'm surprised your score didn't make gold.

From the other thread:

I'll try to give some more:

You should definitely have a protection spike out when the tanker is out. 2 people shouldn't have trouble taking him out while the other 2 continue to kill other raiders; the 3x combo and extra kills will be worth more than some the extra opportunist/teamwork points you might get if everyone stops shooting.

Use a respark regenerator if you have one. Dekuso uses the same electric attack as the Warmaster. A faster shield gets you shielded faster.

Just as some general tips for the scoring system. There are some pretty nice bonuses for killing in specific ways that can actually stack with each other.
Melee Kills, Nano Kills, Critical Kills, Power Kills. (There may be a couple others I'm missing, such as attack/defend kills that don't apply here). This means you want to try to Critical kill everything, so use a weapon that you feel comfortable with getting head shots fairly consistently. Use your ego power as often as you can and you will have power+critical kills on them. The power+critical kill points can add up fast.

I'm not positive that Dekuso is time based, but it feels like he is. If nothing else, after the third wave of raiders burn him fast and see if it helps your score. Maybe even have someone drop a damage spike.

Hmm.. what else...

For all arenas I suggest a weapon with Siphon, as the bonus health/shields they give help keep you standing and you can just wade into enemies more often, worrying about shooting more than covering. Using that perk that regenerates 15% of your shield on a critical kill is also very good in arenas, as it encourages you to get more critical kills so you can keep your shields up. Personally I'm using a VBI Assault Rifle and I like it.
Yes, we totally followed your tips. Sorry for not crediting you. Our problem was losing the x3 mult before killing tanker and dekuso.

Fuzzle
03-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Oh, no worries about the credit. I was just noticing you mentioned things I had said so it looked like you had read it. I was sorry it didn't work out for you :(

The first time I got gold on it, I was in a different group. We didn't get the tanker in the 2nd wave, and when we finished, I got gold and everyone else had silver just barely missing it. (My score was 100,311).

I don't think the group I was in had the multiplier when we killed Dekuso himself, I could be wrong though.

The players I was with I know are all very good players with good loud outs too, so we killed stuff fast, which I think was the largest factor in our score. (Was the first time I saw a tanker in the second wave of raiders). Most of us were familiar with the fight having done it on the test server as well.

As you can see, the margin of victory wasn't particularly small.

http://i.imgur.com/KwqAED9.jpg
Edit: Sorry you can't see the 4th player :-/

You also may want to try comparing your # of kills to how many we have here as well, and see how much improvement there might be. If you have similar kill #'s, then perhaps it's a different area that needs work.
Maybe some practice needs to be done for co-ordination with nano effects, teamwork points, critical/power kills, or keeping your combo during the waves.

x13FISHx
03-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Oh, no worries about the credit. I was just noticing you mentioned things I had said so it looked like you had read it. I was sorry it didn't work out for you :(

The first time I got gold on it, I was in a different group. We didn't get the tanker in the 2nd wave, and when we finished, I got gold and everyone else had silver just barely missing it. (My score was 100,311).

I don't think the group I was in had the multiplier when we killed Dekuso himself, I could be wrong though.

The players I was with I know are all very good players with good loud outs too, so we killed stuff fast, which I think was the largest factor in our score. (Was the first time I saw a tanker in the second wave of raiders). Most of us were familiar with the fight having done it on the test server as well.

As you can see, the margin of victory wasn't particularly small.
You also may want to try comparing your # of kills to how many we have here as well, and see how much improvement there might be. If you have similar kill #'s, then perhaps it's a different area that needs work.
Maybe some practice needs to be done for co-ordination with nano effects, teamwork points, critical/power kills, or keeping your combo during the waves.

The problem on the 360 is that the enemies phase in and out, we just got 85k and could have done better but again the phasing is killing the multiplyer.

Fuzzle
03-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I'm on PC and the only phasing that happens is dekuso, which is his ability.
Sounds like 360 is having some bugs :-/

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
03-13-2014, 08:32 PM
So many threads got buried one after the other.

Approx 3hrs ago us 4 in this video achieved the Gold Medal Status Completing the 9/9 Arena

Video Below. Best View in HD 720p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABvKWhEi34w&feature=youtu.be

Fuzzle
03-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Pretty nice example of how to kill him in that video. You even managed it with a few downs. Gratz on your El Presidente.

I liked that little ground pounder trick you used at the start to clear all the walls, I didn't think to try that. Makes seeing raiders much easier. I'll be sure to try that on future runs.

Also nice job of getting enough kills in the 2nd wave to spawn a tanker as well. That can be key.

I hope the people on consoles get the issues with their raiders blinking in and out fixed soon so their runs can look more like that.

RAGEFIGHTER
03-13-2014, 09:00 PM
and thets why i hate pursuits requierments for gold is too high specialy for driving and shooting i tryed out some fck it didnt iven get bronze no rewards at all

Arsenic_Touch
03-13-2014, 11:42 PM
Fuzzle, to comment on what you said, we didn't have a multiplier up when we downed dekuso. But we did for both tankers.

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
03-14-2014, 11:58 AM
We spawned the tankers alot
Same Strategy

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92583037/2014-03-14_00002.jpg

cary2010haha
03-14-2014, 03:35 PM
We spawned the tankers alot
Same Strategy

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92583037/2014-03-14_00002.jpg

:P lucky with a nc team, or i will never get this gold

r2nddan
03-14-2014, 04:28 PM
Fuzzle, to comment on what you said, we didn't have a multiplier up when we downed dekuso. But we did for both tankers.
Yes, got gold last night. THIS IS THE KEY. Mult x 3 on both tankers. You have to kill fast in order to get the tanker on wave 2 to spawn. On wave 3, the same. Both tankers must be killed with x3 mult. Dekuso doesn't have to be killed with mult. After wave 3 x3 tanker mult kill, you should have 80k. I had 82k and finished with 107k. Good luck to all.

CannonArm Jack
03-14-2014, 07:31 PM
Ive tried getting through this arena solo but keep dying about half way through, just want to get through it so I can get my hands on the gunslinger weps, but I can juggle him and his adds :/

Fuzzle
03-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Anyone able to beat him solo?

Solo is about surviving more than trying to get a good score. You don't even need bronze to move on.

You will likely want protection spikes for the raider "Survive!" waves. You may want to take cloak as well, and take cover behind the boxes on the side of the room where the experimental weapon crates are during those waves. Don't worry about killing stuff fast, that just makes more spawn.

Use a fast recharging shield like a Respark (I highly recommend a Respark). When there's not a raider wave, just keep moving. Almost all of his attacks will miss if you are running, so just pick your moments to shoot him. When he goes to the middle of the room to do his big electric attack is a really good time to shoot at him.

Just take your time, there's no rush. There will only be 3 waves of raiders, which is the hard part. Just be sure after the "Survive" timer bar runs out, that you clean them up while running to avoid Dekuso's attacks.

Hope that helps.

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
03-15-2014, 01:29 PM
They nerfed it Ninja Style now. Does not matter anymore, it is Possible to get Gold on first run with group. If anyone doubt that well check yourself. They always nerfing Nerfing NERFING..
The Tankers are now Spawning Early on second phase / wave

Was more Fun how it was. Fun Challenging and The Way it Meant to be Play.

Anyone notice The Shield got Messed up Too?
YEAH They nerfed that too.
Shield Capacity that was previously 2043 and And 1900s somewhere is now 1643.

I spotted it since the System Restarted this morning. And Only Now I saying it here.
I mentioned it on ZONE Chat earlier but No one Reply so What Do I care.

Back to the Title. We all know how originally this map was played and what must be done to earn the Gold, Otherwise they won;t have a thread like this in the First Place.
Very Nice Fuzzle :)

Good thing I recorded that Game-play When it Was Really FUN anyway

cary2010haha
03-16-2014, 01:33 PM
They nerfed it Ninja Style now. Does not matter anymore, it is Possible to get Gold on first run with group. If anyone doubt that well check yourself. They always nerfing Nerfing NERFING..
The Tankers are now Spawning Early on second phase / wave

Was more Fun how it was. Fun Challenging and The Way it Meant to be Play.

Anyone notice The Shield got Messed up Too?
YEAH They nerfed that too.
Shield Capacity that was previously 2043 and And 1900s somewhere is now 1643.

I spotted it since the System Restarted this morning. And Only Now I saying it here.
I mentioned it on ZONE Chat earlier but No one Reply so What Do I care.

Back to the Title. We all know how originally this map was played and what must be done to earn the Gold, Otherwise they won;t have a thread like this in the First Place.
Very Nice Fuzzle :)

Good thing I recorded that Game-play When it Was Really FUN anyway

they spawn earlier? means we can have higher score than before?

Figma
03-16-2014, 01:38 PM
They nerfed it Ninja Style now.

Yeah im pretty sure they did, got gold on first try today and we all were like "wasnt this suppose to be hard"