PDA

View Full Version : What BG types would you like to see?

g0dm0d
04-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Besides the death match and capture and hold / shadow war type battlegrounds what are other game types you would like to see?

The first one that comes to my mind, and is probably because I loved RIFT, would be a close quartered game with a single (maybe multiple depending on player size cap) ark hunter relic that must be held by a team to accumulate points.

This would encourage more team based game play as you must defend your relic holder at all costs!

Careful map making / restrictions to avoid some sort of cheesy strategy would make this a blast.

Phatman
04-02-2013, 05:12 PM
I've always been a fan of capture the flag. This also requires a lot of communication to be successful and I think it would be a blast. For the solo players out there, I think integrating a "kill confirmed" type game would also be awesome. This is where you must pick up an item from each person you kill in order for it to count towards the overall score. This helps prevent camping which is a pet peeve of most.

But like you said earlier, having some sort of ranking system is a must before we start incorporating more game types.

Lowlif3r
04-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Death Matches 3 vs 3. All weapons. Limited ammo/Grenades
Sniper Matches 5 vs 5. Sniper Rifle, Limited ammo. Tripwires.
Labyrinthion: 10 vs 10. Assault Rifle/Limited Ammo. Moving walls in a labyrinth.
Death Race 8 vs 8. 4 cars with rocket launchers. One driver. One Rocketeer. Five round obstacle course.

Phatman
04-02-2013, 06:18 PM
That death race idea sounds fun as all hell! Yeah, Death Race! Death Race! Death Race!

SparklingNugs
04-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Death Matches 3 vs 3. All weapons. Limited ammo/Grenades
Sniper Matches 5 vs 5. Sniper Rifle, Limited ammo. Tripwires.
Labyrinthion: 10 vs 10. Assault Rifle/Limited Ammo. Moving walls in a labyrinth.
Death Race 8 vs 8. 4 cars with rocket launchers. One driver. One Rocketeer. Five round obstacle course.

Nice ideas. Labyrinthion & Death Race would be great.

g0dm0d
04-02-2013, 06:45 PM
I agree that the Death race sounds pretty fun. And the weapon restrictions on certain game types is a nice touch even though it would have to end up being an assigned weapon loadout or everyone would have to carry that weapon type for the bg specifically.

CTF is a staple of great PvP! Done correctly it would be super fun. Having the flag carrier slowed, unable to roll, or something of that sort would be a great balance method.

Added: A juggernaut playlist or really any sort of FFA BG would be interesting as well.

Lowlif3r
04-02-2013, 08:10 PM
I agree that the Death race sounds pretty fun. And the weapon restrictions on certain game types is a nice touch even though it would have to end up being an assigned weapon loadout or everyone would have to carry that weapon type for the bg specifically.

CTF is a staple of great PvP! Done correctly it would be super fun. Having the flag carrier slowed, unable to roll, or something of that sort would be a great balance method.

Added: A juggernaut playlist or really any sort of FFA BG would be interesting as well.

Yeah, it's details. But the restrictions on weapons and ammo gives an even playfield and you have to think a little instead of just tadadadadada trigger happiness. Wouldn't be major to have preloaded sets for everybody in certain PvP matches. Death Race could be made quite fun with oil leaks, explosive barrels, different starting positions and mutant attacks in between. You could add some rewards in the Battle based on some objectives carried out. ie. "Ram another team into a barrel of explosives". Could be some special modifications to weapons, outfits, cars or whatnot both in and outside the pvp grounds.

Shrouded
04-02-2013, 11:48 PM
I would like progressive field domination. This is a very rare game type which is not seen in many shooters in which 1 team attacks and 1 team defends.

The defending team has 7 territory at the start while the attacking team simply has 1.

The attacking teams job is to advance through these territory's and capture them in a standard KoTH style manner. But they must be captured in the proper order. 7th Territory first. Then 6th then 5th and so on. The borders of the territory's over lap.

The defending team defends them. If the defenders defend at least 1 by the end of the match timer they win. If the attackers conquer all of the terrotrys before the match timer ends they win. Match time is generally 5-10 minutes depending on the number of territory's.

It's very hard to describe but if you look into the game type you may find you like it. It's pretty similar to Arma3's "Blitzkrieg" game type but not totally the same.

xScribble
04-03-2013, 12:01 AM
CTF where the flag carrier cant shoot, use powers, and ride in vehicles would be fun.

Migrayne
04-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Squad vs squad inside an ark trying to recover ark rewards. Their could also be mutants too. For anyone that played Anion you know what I mean.

Also I'd like to que up to be a mutant in a coop instance. This way we could fight against people doing the instance. It would make instances more fun when 1 or 4 of the enemy is a player.

Chuck Zitto
04-03-2013, 11:11 AM
I know this wasn't everybodies cup of tea. But I enjoyed the elimination style matches of the old socom 1 and 2. Where if you die your out for the rest of the round.

g0dm0d
04-04-2013, 07:38 AM
I know this wasn't everybodies cup of tea. But I enjoyed the elimination style matches of the old socom 1 and 2. Where if you die your out for the rest of the round.

Definitely a fun game style but you would have to make sure there was no vehicles. I would hate to Q up and then get run over for my 1 death haha.
Been some great ideas on this thread for new playlists. Hopefully we will see some variations added soon!

Bluntski
04-04-2013, 07:48 AM
5 v 1 map

The solo person gets unlimited cloak and the 5 have to find and kill him before he kills the team. Kind of like the serial killer maps in Starcraft.