PDA

View Full Version : Nano effect symbols

Ashes2Ashes
04-02-2013, 05:04 PM
What are the symbols used for each? I cannot find anything definitive on the actual markings.

Ashes2Ashes
04-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Anybody know where I may see it listed? I understand the effects but am wondering which symbol corresponds with which effect. Thanks in advance.

iMogwai
04-03-2013, 01:19 AM
From this thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2775-Compiled-List-of-Frequently-Asked-Questions) I can tell what the different types do, but I'm not sure what all their symbols look like.

This list is taken from the link up there.

Electrical Stuns targeted enemy and nearby enemies for a short period. The burst of electrical activity will short out the Heads Up Display provided by the ego for this duration.
Incendiary Lights targeted enemy aflame, harming him for a short period of time.
Biological Attaches biological compounds to a target, slowing them down and causing them to do less damage for a short period of time.
Radiation Irradiates the target, weakening their armor and causing them to take more damage from attacks for a short period of time.
Syphon Steals health from the target and transfers it back to the shooter.

Ashes2Ashes
04-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Yes that is what I have seen. I found what they do but I am wanting to know the corresponding symbols used. I understand the industry has shied away from manuals and I hate hand holding but some of the game mechanics truly needed some type of tutorial.

Ins4neN1ghtmare
04-03-2013, 07:49 AM
Yeah, I had some confusion on this too.

The blue bolt should be electrical.
The Flame obviously incendiary.
The Green hazard symbol i guess is the Radiation
The purple swirly I think is biological
i guess i haven't seen siphon yet.

Ashes2Ashes
04-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Yes it has been a guessing for me as well lol. Would be great to know for sure.

Dinova
04-03-2013, 08:30 AM
From another topic, the 'purple swhirl' icon at a weapon would be syphon.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?8620-purple-swirly-damage-type

Though only i wonder, wich icon does bio have then? (as radiation is the hazard one).

I gues bio is only available on those injection guns (aka, the boiling bubbles on your body)? Radiation is the tar-feet and 'burn' effect.

iMogwai
04-03-2013, 08:53 AM
There is a green radiation symbol which I'm guessing is radiation (duh).
You know, one of these (http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/basic-ref/teachers/images/radiation-symbol.gif).

There is also a blue biohazard symbol, which is biological.
You know, one of these (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/53/Biohazard_symbol_%28orange%29.svg/520px-Biohazard_symbol_%28orange%29.svg.png).

I'm guessing Syphon is the purple swirly.

I gues bio is only available on those injection guns (aka, the boiling bubbles on your body)? Radiation is the tar-feet and 'burn' effect.

Biohazard is the tar-feet, and I have it on a shotgun.

Synra
04-03-2013, 09:01 AM
You know, these symbols are sort of self explanatory, except maybe Syphon. I wasn't sure what that symbol was for.

But the other four are more or less actual real world hazard symbols. You would do well to know them. Electrical Hazard, Fire Hazard, Bio Hazard, and Radioactive.

iMogwai
04-03-2013, 09:04 AM
But the other four are more or less actual real world hazard symbols. You would do well to know them. Electrical Hazard, Fire Hazard, Bio Hazard, and Radioactive.

True, but it was difficult to know what the Syphon icon was before you knew there was a biohazard icon in-game.

Ins4neN1ghtmare
04-03-2013, 09:13 AM
it's sort of one of those things that should have been said when you picked up the first element weapon, aside from going 'oh hey, some items have elemental properties like the one you just picked up' This is where PC optimization would be very helpful, being able to mouse over something like the element and have it pop-up with what it is.

Karazykid
04-04-2013, 04:08 AM
What exactly does the syphon do? I've let myself get hurt pretty bad and started using a syphon shotgun and it didn't seem to heal me or anything.

iMogwai
04-04-2013, 04:14 AM
What exactly does the syphon do? I've let myself get hurt pretty bad and started using a syphon shotgun and it didn't seem to heal me or anything.

I've got Syphon on a sawn-off shotgun and by the looks of it it does absolutely nothing for my health.

I'm wondering if maybe the Syphon adds a small amount of additional damage which steals life to your shot, and thus makes it almost completely redundant for single-shot or slow firing weapons, because it sure as hell doesn't seem to be based on the total damage you deal.

Dinova
04-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Something i noticed yesterday, some guns have a stated 'nano effect', but only apply on melee.

iMogwai
04-04-2013, 04:25 AM
Something i noticed yesterday, some guns have a stated 'nano effect', but only apply on melee.

I've noticed that too, it only fires with an effect if that effect is next to the weapon's icon above the stats. However, my shotgun has Syphon on shots as well, I can tell from how enemies die, and syphon still appears to do nothing.

Does anyone have a fast-firing weapon with Syphon and, if so, do you notice?

Duckforceone
04-04-2013, 07:25 AM
yes i have some lmg's and stuff with syphon...

sometimes, i get a loud noise while shooting, and that seems to be when the effect takes place...

haven't really noticed much on it though, as it doesn't seem to happen that often... certainly not enough to be much value yet...

Over00
04-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Would anyone mind answering this question?

If we have one a 222 damage assault rifle with no nano effect and another 222 assault rifle with an incendiary nano, would it be pointless taking the non nano'd rifle being that the base weapon damage is the same but the nano effect is causing more damage? Or is there a damage trade off for the effects?

Sanzor
04-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Would anyone mind answering this question?

If we have one a 222 damage assault rifle with no nano effect and another 222 assault rifle with an incendiary nano, would it be pointless taking the non nano'd rifle being that the base weapon damage is the same but the nano effect is causing more damage? Or is there a damage trade off for the effects?

There is no tradeoff from what I've experienced, so always go with the elemental. I only got as far as EGO 400+'ish in beta, but saw no kind of resistances and so on from mobs when shooting with elemental.

Syphon has a proc rate. All elemental weapons cause a special death animation on mobs, but the proc is different. When Syphon leech, it plays a sound and you'll notice a purplish nova on your character.

Started
04-04-2013, 07:58 AM
From this thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2775-Compiled-List-of-Frequently-Asked-Questions) I can tell what the different types do, but I'm not sure what all their symbols look like.

This list is taken from the link up there.

Electrical Stuns targeted enemy and nearby enemies for a short period. The burst of electrical activity will short out the Heads Up Display provided by the ego for this duration.
Incendiary Lights targeted enemy aflame, harming him for a short period of time.
Biological Attaches biological compounds to a target, slowing them down and causing them to do less damage for a short period of time.
Radiation Irradiates the target, weakening their armor and causing them to take more damage from attacks for a short period of time.
Syphon Steals health from the target and transfers it back to the shooter.

OMG just compiling this makes my life so mucheasier, tyvm many hugs and cookies and cupcakes and pies for u now :)

iMogwai
04-04-2013, 08:13 AM
OMG just compiling this makes my life so mucheasier, tyvm many hugs and cookies and cupcakes and pies for u now :)

Send the hugs and cookies to Rokkrwolf, he made it. I'll hold on to the pies, for safe keeping.

Tyryt
04-04-2013, 08:36 AM
sometimes, i get a loud noise while shooting, and that seems to be when the effect takes place...
haven't really noticed much on it though, as it doesn't seem to happen that often... certainly not enough to be much value yet...

the louder noise means a critical was scored. You'll notice the effects when they trigger, they are pretty hard to miss. That being said, everyone still needs to remember, we're still really 'low level', so the effect chance on things isn't going to be great, however, it will scale.

CraziestOne
04-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Siphon seems to me , only works as a kill nano. I never notice getting HP on reg hits but on kill shots i notice getting HP back. Not sure if just me but it had been working. Seems to me siphon works not as a DoT (dmg over time) effect but as a kill effect. This is just what i have noticed .

Jaxxas
04-06-2013, 09:45 AM
I created a little info graphic for the confusion.

http://s2.postimg.org/6ji44uwuh/Nano_Effects.png

iMogwai
04-06-2013, 09:48 AM
I created a little info graphic for the confusion.

That's very helpful, but what does Corrosion do? I've never seen it in-game.

Jaxxas
04-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I have no idea to be honest, I am assuming it has something to do with shields. I only just started seeing it in the 99ers area where all the NPC's have overshields.

Grimwyrd
04-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Corrosion was changed to Radiation, but there are still some left-overs that use the old "green-splat" symbol.

mikepaul
04-17-2013, 04:15 AM
The pre-order sniper rifle "Plague Bringer" from Amazon has the splat. I thought it was biological. Hardly ever fire it, but since all Earth-tech bolt-action snipers perform the same I keep it around. Perhaps it's time to shoot it more...

J1xx3r
04-17-2013, 04:16 AM
some info would be nice agreed :-)

Vella
04-17-2013, 06:41 AM
On-hover tool tips would helpful for pretty much all symbols in the UI, imo

Ensu
04-17-2013, 06:51 AM
Check Amber Fae's Guide in my signature. It has all your answers about elemental effects.

Lucky2514
04-18-2013, 04:30 PM
I do have a FRC Scattergun, and I think it's the best nano effect, the additional damage you deal is amasing, +with a shotgun your have 8+ pellets so you have a better chance to trigger the effect (i think) and you can trigger the effect multiple times with a single shot (not sure) , but yea i can 3 shot kill a goldrusher or a hellbug warrior with it, pretty awesome

Mikeloeven
04-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Electrical is the bolt
incendiary is the fire
biological is the blue bio hazard symbol
radiation is the nuclear symbol
siphon is the blue swirly vortex

Saboteur 6
04-20-2013, 02:30 AM
I could use some more clarification on Siphon. How is the nano effect applied on full auto weapons? Is the chance to affect based on criticals, kills, or just landing shots? Also, how do you know what weapons have higher chances to cause a nano effects? Any info would be appreciated. And yes, the FRC combat shotgun seems to continously proc nano effects.

Ensu
04-20-2013, 05:51 AM
As I understand it, all shots that hit the target have an equal chance to proc the siphon effect. There is a 5(?) second cooldown before the effect can proc again. So fast firing weapons are more likely to proc the effect, but beyond a certain refire speed/number of pellets there would be diminishing returns due to the cooldown.

cfStatic
04-20-2013, 07:12 AM
As I understand it, all shots that hit the target have an equal chance to proc the siphon effect. There is a 5(?) second cooldown before the effect can proc again. So fast firing weapons are more likely to proc the effect, but beyond a certain refire speed/number of pellets there would be diminishing returns due to the cooldown.
I dunno if it's actually 5 seconds or not. If you get an extreme rate of fire weapon(Nomad SMG for example, Pulser works too), you can empty the clip in ~5 seconds and can proc it several times. Test it by shooting at something that isn't going to die immediately, a hulker or forge works wonders. If you have your damage numbers on, you can very clearly see several 400ish numbers popping up(in less than 5 second intervals, some even back to back), that's the damage from when siphon triggers.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-20-2013, 07:53 AM
A note on Incendiary: this effect will daze enemies as well. They will stop in their tracks and do an "I'm on fire!"-animation. This is particularly useful on Hellbug Warriors as their weak spot in the mouth is exposed for the duration.