PDA

View Full Version : keep getting dc'd

Brisco County Jr
03-13-2014, 02:27 PM
all day today trion, on ps3. incursions, arkfalls and just minding my own buisness. everything is fine then everyone starts running in place and boom kicked. this is in an ingame bug report also.

edit: add a hard freeze to the list. now i have to run "checking and restoring the file system".

wartitan
03-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Same boat on Xbox, mostly when I'm in the middle of the last stage of a major, midway through an incursion (the seige point, so last "stage"), or close to the end of a normal siege....you expect us to put in the effort to get our rewards, but then kick us if we spend any decent amount of time doing anything.

Gotta get fixed here...

Iceberg
03-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Pc here, disconnected when entering freight yard match, disconnected while in the middle of a shadow war match, now im stuck at character select screen saying servers have timed out. Never had this many issues in a short amount of time period.

dramaQkarri
03-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Speaks VOLUMES that the OP + 2 replies are on all three different systems, reporting the EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

It's not me, it's you. Since April 2013, it's been YOU. And you know it.

Dark Book
03-13-2014, 03:02 PM
I agree since this download I have been disconnected constantly. I would say about 15 to 20 minutes gameplay then disconnect. this is definitely a new problem...

Iceberg
03-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Second shadow war, second disconnect during the first 3 minutes of it. Ok, Scapes, can ya help on this one?

Amack
03-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Edited: Time of crash noted.
PCNA - Shadow War shard.

N3gativeCr33p
03-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Might as well add me to the disco list this afternoon... two times now, as a matter of fact. Second disco happened during a Volge Bathhouse siege at the end of an incursion.

Had a killer score going too, I might add. Reloaded the game and *poof* went the incursion.

So is this all a part of that "longer, more fulfilling chase" that I've been hearing about?

Good times pause not.

Elastik Spastik
03-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Yep thought i would give it a try and lo and behold i get kicked after 10 mins. With added disco. If i did this bad at a job I was doing I'd be fired. Why are there still issues? Come on Trion get a grip. Why do the employees keep effing this up? Are the bosses giving them shtako? Why are these coders, programmers or whatever still employed?

Grandpa Ace
03-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Dito Brisco..

Seen you online, so HI!!

Just sent Morgana, the Community Rep a nice little email. Told them to shut down and get it right, it is better than ticking us off.

Hang in there!!!

Grandpa Ace

all day today trion, on ps3. incursions, arkfalls and just minding my own buisness. everything is fine then everyone starts running in place and boom kicked. this is in an ingame bug report also.

edit: add a hard freeze to the list. now i have to run "checking and restoring the file system".

TheOz
03-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Dito Brisco..

Seen you online, so HI!!

Just sent Morgana, the Community Rep a nice little email. Told them to shut down and get it right, it is better than ticking us off.

Hang in there!!!

Grandpa Ace

First try at San Fran Incursion after the patch - DC.

Move along Defiance people, nothing to play here.

Amack
03-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Edited: Time of crash noted.
PCNA - Shadow War shard.

N3gativeCr33p
03-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Another incursion... another disco. I could have sworn that I officially "retired" my PS3 months ago.

Eff this big pile of shtako, I have much better games that I can be playing...

CM Kiwibird
03-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Investigating now. Thanks for the heads up. :o

JEMINAI
03-13-2014, 04:27 PM
PC.
i havnt had many problems in the past with lag and DCs. but i have been lately.

Amack
03-13-2014, 04:29 PM
I know this is very frustrating everyone but it has to be done. We're all in this boat together.
They will get it right, and when they do, we will all reap the benefits.

rebtattoo
03-13-2014, 05:32 PM
Alright...What y'all gotta do is clean out your caches. If that isn't it, it's most likely your shoddy internet connection. Oh, not that...er......**** it...

Same **** different DLC..Some people never learn.

N3gativeCr33p
03-13-2014, 06:18 PM
Some people never learn.

Care to elaborate?

rebtattoo
03-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Care to elaborate?We've been dealing with stability issues since before I started playing. Each DLC makes things much worse for several days to several weeks. They'll do a patch that will inevitably screw up something else in the process. History repeats itself when not learned from.

Believe me. I would love more than anything to be proven wrong. This game doesn't prove people wrong very often...

N3gativeCr33p
03-13-2014, 06:29 PM
We've been dealing with stability issues since before I started playing. Each DLC makes things much worse for several days to several weeks. They'll do a patch that will inevitably screw up something else in the process. History repeats itself when not learned from.

Believe me. I would love more than anything to be proven wrong. This game doesn't prove people wrong very often...

Yeah... I had a feeling that's what you were eluding to. Was hoping it wasn't a dig at the player population, in general.

Move along. Nothing to see here. ;)

Here's what I learned today...

A.) I'm not playing this game until tomorrow after work, at the very earliest.

B.) Maybe the stability issues on DCUO back when I was using a PS3 weren't as turrible as I originally thought. Their DLC launches/game updates definitely never released as borked as they do around here.

All due respect Trion, but... yikes!

rebtattoo
03-13-2014, 06:40 PM
Yeah... I had a feeling that's what you were eluding to. Was hoping it wasn't a dig at the player population, in general.

Move along. Nothing to see here. ;)

Here's what I learned today...

A.) I'm not playing this game until tomorrow after work, at the very earliest.

B.) Maybe the stability issues on DCUO back when I was using a PS3 weren't as turrible as I originally thought. Their DLC launches/game updates definitely never released as borked as they do around here.

All due respect Trion, but... yikes!Naw, I rarely dig at the player population unless they're kool-aid wanting whiners that don't understand the game they're attempting to play. And, all bets are off when the Foghorn quotes start to fly!

Xaat Xuun
03-13-2014, 08:38 PM
PC here
The past couple days I've had the DC and once I do reconnect, I'm placed in a Queue :(
When I see that, I go do something else for a hour or 2

RAGEFIGHTER
03-13-2014, 08:41 PM
read serverr status ppls :) they have epic crash :) and working on it today i fixed my pc and installed deffiance at update getting error so i went forum and first to check was server status :)

Copperpot
03-13-2014, 08:47 PM
PS3 disconnect 5 times in past 2 hours. This sucks. Why do I keep trying to play this game....

N3gativeCr33p
03-13-2014, 10:22 PM
read serverr status ppls :) they have epic crash :) and working on it today i fixed my pc and installed deffiance at update getting error so i went forum and first to check was server status :)

You need to go back and check the time on my first post in this thread. It was long before any kind of a server status message was made by Trion.

You might also want to think about adding a "caveat emptor" message in your signature, but that's just my two scrip.

Amun Ra
03-14-2014, 12:57 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?152229-Time-Outs-Critical-Errors-Random-DC-s...

Post the DC's here please.
I already made a topic for this.
In the correct place.

Thank you. :)

Amack
03-14-2014, 01:25 AM
Noting time of crash. 4:22am EST on 3/14 (PCNA)
It was the Shadow War shard once again.

Edit: Sorry Amun, my bad, I just saw your link above.

Amun Ra
03-14-2014, 01:37 AM
That's ok, lad. :D

drackiller
03-14-2014, 01:47 AM
PC here
The past couple days I've had the DC and once I do reconnect, I'm placed in a Queue :(
When I see that, I go do something else for a hour or 2

But that queue time isn`t real, i`ve been getting the same message when i try to relogin but after 5 or 6 seconds the game starts.

Xaat Xuun
03-14-2014, 02:08 AM
But that queue time isn`t real, i`ve been getting the same message when i try to relogin but after 5 or 6 seconds the game starts.

yeah same here, but for the past hour, it just kept me in a queue, I mean, I quit game restart game, just as character is loading , I get the disconnect message/Popup.
I decided to give the EU server a try, just as I was leaving the Tutorial area, I get the disconnect message, and back in a queue.
Switch back to NA sever, log in ..woot, works like it used too .. just start a contract . . a do or die moment . . disconnect, back in queue . . most likely a die thing happened . . me that is

okay now to look at the link Amun posted :rolleyes:

Ornstein
03-14-2014, 02:13 AM
PS3 disconnect 5 times in past 2 hours. This sucks. Why do I keep trying to play this game....

Its a shame, I know exactly what you mean. Like when you get sucked into the whirling vortex that is Defiance, what with all their cool guns and new forms of loot.
Then as abruptly as it started it(Defiance Vortex) literally kicks you back out!

I really have so much fun playing this game and want to commit more of my time/money to it but I just cant justify it. Guess i'll boot it up in a couple of months and see if anything has changed......AGAIN....sigh.