PDA

View Full Version : For Arena: DyDekuso's Chamber are we getting a fix?

sakamoto123
03-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Arena: DyDekuso's Chamber are we getting a fix? there's alot of people asking for this so can you please talk to us and tell us what's going on, Thanks

B_Draco
03-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Arena: DyDekuso's Chamber are we getting a fix? there's alot of people asking for this so can you please talk to us and tell us what's going on, Thanks

What kind of fix?

sakamoto123
03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
There's alot more about this this just go and read and you will see
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?152103-Gunslinger-Areana-Dy-Desuko-Enemies-poping-in-amp-out

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?152136-Decrease-the-solo-score-needed-to-get-a-gold-in-new-arenas

CM Kiwibird
03-13-2014, 07:01 PM

From what I've heard, this isn't an arena designed to be solo'd, it's meant to be a co-op arena. I know that isn't what you want to hear. That particular arena is some of the hardest content in the new patch, it is difficult for even very skilled players to solo successfully.

Lillith Valerian
03-13-2014, 07:04 PM
From what I've heard, this isn't an arena designed to be solo'd, it's meant to be a co-op arena. I know that isn't what you want to hear. That particular arena is some of the hardest content in the new patch, it is difficult for even very skilled players to solo successfully.

If I may....I don't think the issue is the difficulty. The issue seems to be enemies phasing in and out of existence. It's a bug/glitch, making it artificially difficult beyond what was intended.

N3gativeCr33p
03-13-2014, 07:09 PM
That particular arena is some of the hardest content in the new patch, it is difficult for even very skilled players to solo successfully.

FWIW... the first new arena that's introduced during the first string of Gunslinger missions was particularly difficult for me to complete last night, with all of those random disconnections and everything.

Just so I have my facts straight, the arena(s) in those "beginner" Gunslinger missions are meant to be solo'd?

CM Kiwibird
03-13-2014, 07:24 PM
If I may....I don't think the issue is the difficulty. The issue seems to be enemies phasing in and out of existence. It's a bug/glitch, making it artificially difficult beyond what was intended.

Ahah! I completely read into the wrong thing, sorry about that. Now that is something that will need to be addressed!

sakamoto123
03-13-2014, 07:28 PM
Ahah! I completely read into the wrong thing, sorry about that. Now that is something that will need to be addressed!

Its needs to be Addressed that's for sure...

Amack
03-13-2014, 07:28 PM
The issue that Pink (and quite a few others) are referring to seems to be a latency issue (the mobs aren't in another phase per se). We even experience it at times of heavy activity during incursions on the PC platform. Not all the time, but there are moments. If we are lucky, when they do get this shard system proper then the servers will be able to take a deep breath and it might help the latency.

shawshank1198
03-13-2014, 07:35 PM
I was able to solo it last night using a surge-bolter with cloak. You need to intermittently use heal stims and protection spikes and run..A LOT!

CM Kiwibird
03-13-2014, 07:39 PM
The issue that Pink (and quite a few others) are referring to seems to be a latency issue (the mobs aren't in another phase per se). We even experience it at times of heavy activity during incursions on the PC platform. Not all the time, but there are moments. If we are lucky, when they do get this shard system proper then the servers will be able to take a deep breath and it might help the latency.

Duly noted, thank you for the heads up! :o Latency is definitely something that is not going to help players an already difficult arena.

N3gativeCr33p
03-13-2014, 07:45 PM
I was able to solo it last night using a surge-bolter with cloak. You need to intermittently use heal stims and protection spikes and run..A LOT!

Finally!

An answer from someone that I'm not on their "pay no mind" list. Thanks!

Dalton
03-13-2014, 08:19 PM
I managed to Solo him using a Detu Ara and a FRC Matchlock Boomer. I took out sheild spikes when the raiders came out, to easily pick them off. The key though is to have a Respark Regenerator shield so, you can recover quickly from DYDekuso's attacks. It is difficult, but I was able to pull it off. It only gave out a bronze level award which is not worth the effort. At the time, I could not find a group to play with so I went in solo. I don't think it is fair that just because you cant find a group you can't get enough points to get a gold reward. Maybe there could be group matchmaking could be implemented to help people find partners. It will make the necessity of have a group bearable.

sakamoto123
03-13-2014, 08:53 PM
Why was the name of this Thread changed?

DSW
03-14-2014, 01:28 AM
i've soloed him too, using precise chaos for raiders and TACC rifle for Dekuso. scored bronze or silver, can't remember now, but that was as a part of storyline.

mes77
03-14-2014, 04:29 AM
this arena is broken on the 360, raiders never spawn and shooting Dekuso does not reward points. We had everyone in the group try to start it as group leader and it never worked, we each tried it solo and it never worked. On the plus side the matron in the last arena finally spawned for us ( only took 2 load ins), and we got gold.

otonagamer
03-14-2014, 04:40 AM
Soloing this is not so tough even if you can't see enemies. But when you can't see anything except temporarily, it makes this arena quite harder than it's intended. I understand it's a latency issue but how that could happen? The server they use is too weak?

Pine Reaper
03-14-2014, 05:51 AM
As there is someone reading this thread I will add my experience with Dy'Dekuso's Arena

Platform XBOX 360
Server EU

The problem being experienced is that enemies are only visible and present on the map about 50% of the time to half of the team.

On entry to the arena after the cutscene the arena is empty. The walls will then clip in, and intermittently clip in and out until destroyed. Dekuso will appear and then vanish (not teleport across the map just dissappear). If you are lucky he will be still visible, but that just means he is invisible to others in the team.

The survival wave will start and Dekuso's shield will be visible, and the red dot will be visible on the mini-map, but its hit or miss whether you can see him in the shield. The raiders will not show up for me until 3/4 of the survival wave has passed. There are no blips on the minimap. Occasionally they will clip in and a few kills can be had.

When they are invisible they are also invincible. I've been aiming at a raider fired, and started doing damage. Then they disappear but I kept firing anyway to test my shots splash against the back wall. They then phased back in in the exact same spot and continued to take damage until they died.

Also when they are invisible they can still do damage. During the Survive phase I would have no enemies on the screen or the minimap, yet my shield, and then my health were chunking away.

The number of players in the match seems to be a factor in these faults. When I have gone into the arena solo I have had no graphic issues whatsoever. Unfortunately it is impossible to gold medal the arena solo. As the number of team members increases so does the number of graphic glitches.

The best case would be fixing the graphics problems. The other option would be to drop the score requirement if a fix isn't possible. As 100,000 points is a matter of luck not skill to achieve. Which is shown by the kills being gained. In a run with 4 people we would have two people with 30-40 kills and the other 2 would have 8-10 kills.

So if the arena worked properly 100k would be a challenge but possible, with 4 players working at an optimum level. Currently I think 80k would be a fairer target to hit, with the arena in it's current state. This would still make it the hardest arena, as on others with a team of 3 we we're scoring almost 2x Gold level.

I hope this information helps troubleshoot the issue.

InfamousBrad
03-14-2014, 10:01 AM

I managed it on the second try with a similar setup: Wolfhound, Flare Pistol, Respark, Cloak, Heal, Protection. Same strategy: keep a steady burn up on him as much as possible, bang away with the Wolfhound, and cloak, heal, or protect whenever the enemy density gets too high. But I am probably never going to Gold this one solo. (Maybe if I use my Pulser instead the Wolfhound? Don't know. Still, probably not.)

One thing that makes all of the Gunslinger Arenas harder than the Thorn Liro Arenas, I've noticed, is that enemies in Gunslinger Arenas still have their full hit points. That makes it a lot harder to deal with wave attacks and a lot harder to keep up the multiplier, when it takes twice as long to kill each enemy.

Bullyboutya
03-14-2014, 10:58 AM

That's how i beat it solo I hate the arenas. I will never play them again i finally beat the story without getting bronze on 3 arenas. I never liked the thorn arenas hate the new ones as well.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
03-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Me and my buddies all just threw bug nades one by one (so 20 seperate bug nades). He was dead really quickly with very little fire power. It was almost too easy.

shawshank1198
03-17-2014, 08:00 PM
lol is it that bad?!

shawshank1198
03-17-2014, 08:04 PM
Finally!

An answer from someone that I'm not on their "pay no mind" list. Thanks!

lol is it that bad!?

Littleweasel
03-18-2014, 02:35 AM
That's how i beat it solo I hate the arenas. I will never play them again i finally beat the story without getting bronze on 3 arenas. I never liked the thorn arenas hate the new ones as well.

at least the Thorn arenas where actually arenas and new to the game, the crap they call arenas in dlc 4 are just a cut out of the same old co-op maps we have been playing for close to a year now just being called arenas. well except for the one new co-op map or as Trion like to call it an arena. so out of the 9 supposed new arenas we actually just got 1 new co-op map

N3gativeCr33p
03-18-2014, 05:35 AM
lol is it that bad!?

Not nearly as bad as seeing you post that twice... :)

Combo Breaker
03-18-2014, 10:24 AM
If we are talking about just beating the arena, it's not all that hard. I just hid behind the boxes like a coward and had no issues.
Now getting gold, that is another issue.( I haven't tried.)

tetiona
03-18-2014, 10:41 AM

What is the specific issue? I got a gold in it... and I am mediocre. If I can do it, you can.

shawshank1198
03-18-2014, 07:03 PM
thats it, your on my shtako list now too ;)