PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the inconsistent collisions with badguys while in combat?

crasher
03-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Half the time I'm shooting at or interacting with (trying to pass or run around a crowd of) badguys and I run into them and stop.

The other half of the time I'm shooting at badguys, they run right up to me and my muzzle projects thru them.
Clearly with no impale damage, I'm shooting out the other end doing no good.

I also know that half the time I'm dancing with spiders down at Bug/Chug I can run thru them, and the other half they're solid objects that I have to run around.

The weird part has always been that I can be there in a group, and if my groupmates are shooting doing damage but I'm just standing or walking, I can walk up to, around, and keep circling the spiders with no damage and no attacks made on my person.

I admit to liking to do that with a group of newbs, it's kinda funny to just walk amongst the bugs that they're getting ravaged by and backing up from...

I guess I'm a mean guy.

Discussion?
You guys have guesses or info as to why the differences in solidity or mutants and raiders whilst in combat?
I've always wondered if it was random, or triggered by circumstance I hadn't twigged to, yet.

Iceberg
03-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Because defiance.

Bonehead
03-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Because defiance.
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/hurdle-race-fail_zps39bc044e.gif

crasher
03-17-2014, 06:26 PM
http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5785496/il_fullxfull.346509580.jpg

N3gativeCr33p
03-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Excuse this for being off-topic, but FWIW the only odd thing I noticed while playing today was there seemed to be more objects than usual floating off of the ground. Trucks, boxes, ammo caches... oh my.

crasher
03-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Excuse this for being off-topic, but FWIW the only odd thing I noticed while playing today was there seemed to be more objects than usual floating off of the ground. Trucks, boxes, ammo caches... oh my.

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/Defi/Ooops/001a.jpg

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/Defi/Ooops/002a.jpg

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/Defi/Ooops/003a.jpg

Notice pix 2 and 3 are about 4 hours apart, but identical for all practical porpoises.

Amack
03-17-2014, 07:08 PM
It is a new anti-gravity technology that Trion developed while in orbit around the planet Earth :o

N3gativeCr33p
03-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Notice pix 2 and 3 are about 4 hours apart, but identical for all practical porpoises.

That's all well and good, but today's the first time that I've ever really noticed it.

It's probably because I don't play the same game over and over and over and over and...

Dandrielas
03-17-2014, 08:19 PM
That's all well and good, but today's the first time that I've ever really noticed it.

It's probably because I don't play the same game over and over and over and over and...

That stuff used to happen all the time at Arkfalls on Ps3.

N3gativeCr33p
03-17-2014, 08:27 PM
That stuff used to happen all the time at Arkfalls on Ps3.

Luckily enough for me, I never bothered getting this game for that oversized paperweight. It just wasn't going to happen after all of the BS that I went through playing DCUO on it from 2010-2013.

Maybe someday some of you will realize what a piece of garbage that system truly is at the end of the day. The PS4 is a huge improvement in just about every aspect. Except for the lame battery life on the new controllers, I have zero complaints.

Dandrielas
03-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Luckily enough for me, I never bothered getting this game for that oversized paperweight. It just wasn't going to happen after all of the BS that I went through playing DCUO on it from 2010-2013.

Maybe someday some of you will realize what a piece of garbage that system truly is at the end of the day. The PS4 is a huge improvement in just about every aspect. Except for the lame battery life on the new controllers, I have zero complaints.

If I had a PC that could play this game, I would, but unfortunately I don't. I also hate xbox because of their controllers, so ps3 it is.

N3gativeCr33p
03-17-2014, 08:31 PM
I also hate xbox because of their controllers, so ps3 it is.

So you have really small hands, I'm guessing? ;)

Sorry, I just never have fully understood this "complaint". They're practically identical, only the button names are different.

Dandrielas
03-17-2014, 08:33 PM
So you have really small hands, I'm guessing? ;)

Sorry, I just never have fully understood this "complaint". They're practically identical, only the button names are different.

No. I just found them to be too bulky. I prefer the slimmer Ps3 controllers. Plus, I grew up with playstation.

N3gativeCr33p
03-17-2014, 08:38 PM
No. I just found them to be too bulky. I prefer the slimmer Ps3 controllers. Plus, I grew up with playstation.

I see what you mean. And now that I think about it, no controller was as bulky as the original Xbox controllers. I completely understand the dislike with those bricks.

And I have bad news for you, sir... just in case you wanted to upgrade to a PS4, the new controllers are slightly larger than the PS3 controllers are.

Dandrielas
03-17-2014, 08:40 PM
I see what you mean. And now that I think about it, no controller was as bulky as the original Xbox controllers. I completely understand the dislike with those bricks.

And I have bad news for you, sir... just in case you wanted to upgrade to a PS4, the new controllers are slightly larger than the PS3 controllers are.

I know they are, but they are not as bad as the xbox ones. They still have the dual shock in mind.