PDA

View Full Version : Okay. Enough.

Lyle89
04-02-2013, 05:56 PM
I have been on this forum for about 2 hours now....

Thinking 'oh joy! its launch day I hope everyone is as excited as I am" Lol

but instead everyone is on here throwing a fit beacuse they dont like the game for some of the dumbest reason I have heard in a very long time.

The game is 10Gb.... thats going to take a decent bit to install.... sorry to those who were waiting for an install and decided this was reason enough to hate the game and bad mouth it..... ****.

Also, how there isnt enough to do, or the guns aren't how you wanted them to be...... Do you listen to yourself when you speak ?

This is DAY 1...... of an MMO......

I say again.

THIS IS DAY 1.

The game is going to grow an expand to what (we the people) talk about on this very forum.

So, lets all work together to help the develops understand what we really want out of this game. Give it a little time.

and i bet it will happen.

Cheers,

agiantmudcrab
04-02-2013, 05:57 PM

but instead everyone is on here throwing a fit beacuse they dont like the game for some of the dumbest reason I have heard in a very long time.

The game is 10Gb.... thats going to take a decent bit to install.... sorry to those who were waiting for an install and decided this was reason enough to hate the game and bad mouth it..... ****.

Also, how there isnt enough to do, or the guns aren't how you wanted them to be...... Do you listen to yourself when you speak ?

I say again.

THIS IS DAY 1.

The game is going to grow an expand to what (we the people) talk about on this very forum.

So, lets all work together to help the develops understand what we really want out of this game. Give it a little time.

Cheers,
Very well said, I agree.

Ninjamike4
04-02-2013, 05:58 PM
+1 :)....

BKB Black Steel
04-02-2013, 06:00 PM
I agree TC. I totally understand people that can't play and even the region lock thing....but i'm seeing some really pathetic posts that make me think no wonder consoles don't get many mmo's. Too many immature, impatient whiners.

Strongpillow
04-02-2013, 06:07 PM
I agree but this is also common sense, the one thing most console gamers seem to lack after coming on here during the beta and especially now. I guess there is a huge gamer base that has never played an MMO or got the chance to get into one when it first came out, but they even if they did I am sure the stupid would still flow as freely.

Small arena shooters like COD and BF had just as bad a time getting going during their first weeks, yet everyone forgets and still is baffled when an MMO with TONS of players and a massive world has launch problems.

It's not the people that is the problem. It's these stupid public forums that do nothing but bring the loudest and whiniest people. Forums have become a vial place for any sort of information and are mainly uses as personal journals to vent the obvious and shine a huge spotlight on how openly stupid people can act when there is no way to judge them personally.

Close these stupid forums and do a proper support setup. Then just have fan made forums open so those mods can just ban the idiots without having to worry about PR.

I feel sorry for the support team at the moment. Three cheers for these poor people that have to listen to these fools the last little while.

lemieux
04-02-2013, 06:10 PM
I agree TC. I totally understand people that can't play and even the region lock thing....but i'm seeing some really pathetic posts that make me think no wonder consoles don't get many mmo's. Too many immature, impatient whiners.

Amen brother.

Sydonious
04-02-2013, 08:53 PM

I say again.

THIS IS DAY 1.

Cheers,

Agreed, this game is amazing even with the MINOR issues that I have experienced. I hope these next few launch days weed out the nay sayers and the children.

EV76
04-02-2013, 08:58 PM
I have had a lot of fun so far, my only slight problem is some of my weapons mysteriously disappearing (my primary weapon just up and vanished) lol. The game is fun and can't wait to dive in to the game story. I've done the episode missions those are cool and arkfalls!

lxI MYTH Ixl
04-02-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm personally okay with all the belly aching. Let them return their game so I don't have to deal with the CoD and BF3 cry babies. I'd much rather see people in this community that want to be here for when this game's slight issues are fixed and it completely changes the console world.

Zyrlux
04-02-2013, 09:01 PM
In my case, my internet is fine but for some reason, my patch is going at like .02 mb and says it's gonnna take another 9 hours to finish. I mean if everything BUT Defiance works fine, and it's on 360, how am I suppose to feel?

iN4 Hitman
04-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Couldn't agree more. People are pathetic that complain just to complain. Grow up, seriously. Of course there is lag, it's Day 1. Of course there are disconnects, it's Day 1. Of course there is lag..... Wait for it...... It's Day 1. If you don't want to see the game through, then just don't play. This game is amazing and has so much potential.

L3ktr1kgrl79
04-02-2013, 09:09 PM
I haven't even got my CE copy yet from amazon and I'm ok with that. I have no problem waiting a few days so they can fix a few problems. It's refreshing to see some folks with some sense. This is quite the undertaking I imagine, so people need to back off a little. :cool:

lxI MYTH Ixl
04-02-2013, 09:11 PM
I haven't even got my CE copy yet from amazon and I'm ok with that. I have no problem waiting a few days so they can fix a few problems. It's refreshing to see some folks with some sense. This is quite the undertaking I imagine, so people need to back off a little. :cool:

I thought about waiting a few days but I had to force myself to stop playing the beta to avoid early burnout. The major issue is that this is the first MMO for Xbox so people that aren't used to the traditional Day 1 problems spaz out. People just don't adjust to change well.

BleedForHate
04-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Im loving the game but between the 9 second delay in lag in heavy areas and between 1-3 seconds in others, as well as the constant servers being down back and forth today it has made a flop of a release for me. Game play is great can use adjustments but its new, need to add more availability for groups, mic chat etc for in game functions. but like i said id like it a lot more if i was able to play and not constantly down.

Brock 5amson
04-02-2013, 09:15 PM
So I haven't gotten my copy yet (****ING AMAZON!)
I also don't mind because the first few days are usually **** storms of problems.
So those of you enjoying the game so far.. whats this update/patching I keep hearing about. Should I be expecting a 3-6GB update or something besides having a retail 360 edition disc?

I am just trying to figure out if I need to make some extra free space just for Defiance on the 360 HD.

Mudblood
04-02-2013, 09:20 PM
I agree. It personally took me a half hour to download. It wasnt bad at all. People complain about the lag. Its day one. What online game doesnt have lag. I didnt experience any on my end so maybe its peoples own ****ty connection having trouble running it. I cant wait to play the game again.

People complain about the servers droping for patches and fixes. Why would you complain about that. Trion actually cares about the game and is trying to make ot better but people complain. Blows my mind.

Mr Awesome 0ne
04-02-2013, 09:54 PM
This is my first MMO game ever, and I am absolutely loving it.

I already got one buddy to buy it, and I;m trying to convince a couple more.

Thanks in advance Trion. Already purchased my Season Pass!

Mr Awesome 0ne
04-02-2013, 09:56 PM
The only time I had any lag at all, and it was very little, was when about 100 players were all shooting at a crystal, and it was very very minimal.

LunaticFate
04-02-2013, 09:56 PM
How dare they take down the servers for patches to fix issues everyone's complaining about? How dare they. I want my cake and I want to eat it.

Stodds13
04-02-2013, 09:59 PM
I agree. I have never seen an MMO with a 100% smooth launch. Diablo launch was horrendous and it's not even an MMO. WoW updates always have bugs when new content comes out. This is day 1 of uncharted area. And MMO shooter on 3 platforms. I love the game and if/when they clean up the little issues, this game is going to be amazing. On top of that, they have already put out 2 or 3 patches so they are hard at work. Keep up the good work Trion, several of us love the game.

gryste
04-02-2013, 11:11 PM
I was one of the few that moaned yesterday , along with others and to be honest it was justified . Yes it was day one and problems are expected. But the login problems went on far to long. There was no communication with regards to it. It actually took trion 12 hours to acknowledge that there was an issue .

Stodds13
04-03-2013, 06:26 AM
Apparently you didn't try diablo 3?? The logon issues with that game were the worst I have ever seen.

Melzfaze
04-03-2013, 06:48 AM
I have yet to even be able to login after the tutorial. Get kicked as soon as its done and it won't connect past that. I made 4 different characters and no go on all. All day yesterday and this morning. I can deal with lag but no being able to even play the game sucks bad. Hope they get it fixed soon.

TheMagicYeti
04-03-2013, 06:55 AM
I'm sure they'll have fixed all of the major problems quite soon. People just need to take a deep breath and relax.

Demoniku22
04-03-2013, 06:57 AM
A lot of people in this thread need to get over themselves and quit acting like they have never been dissatisfied with anything. How you take the approach to an issue is not going be the same as everyone else, so deal with it. Coming back and crying like just as much of a ***** as the original complainer, doesn't make you look any better. If you can't handle them expressing thier opinion then click the "<" button or the "X" on the top right of your screen.

Now with that being said this game does have issues ( and honestly issues that could have been dealt with, had they done the beta earlier, instead of a week from launch) but I know over time and hopefully not too much time, this problem will be resolved. To the people upset about the game, just try to give it some time. If they dont have some stuff fixed within 2 weeks, then start to get worried.

Grit
04-03-2013, 06:58 AM
Gotta admit, i loved the Beta. When the game was running smooth last night, i was loving it. when i'd shoot and shoot and shoot and then watch XP pop up 5 seconds later i was frustrated lol. I know it was day one and there was a lot of stuff going on to improve the game. I called it an early night and i'm optimistic about the game's future.

Demoniku22
04-03-2013, 06:59 AM
I have yet to even be able to login after the tutorial. Get kicked as soon as its done and it won't connect past that. I made 4 different characters and no go on all. All day yesterday and this morning. I can deal with lag but no being able to even play the game sucks bad. Hope they get it fixed soon.

You could try the Beta route and delete your gamertag and redownload it. I don't know exactly how this help but it did work for me and a couple of my friends.

NearioNL
04-03-2013, 07:03 AM
dude, lesson 1:
dont take forums seriously

really, dont.
People will make flame-post because of 1 bug, normally without any relevant info.
Sure negative post dont HAVE to be flaming/trolling. but in those post you will see relevant info, constructive critism, etc. Those you take seriously... the rest: just have a smile and go on ;) really.
Its not interesting what everyone else on this forums thinks of Defiance, its only interesting what you think of it.
And 2nd to that, and remember this closely:

People will ALWAYS tell when somethings sucks, people generally dont make threads about something that does work ;).*****ing is easier then praising

that doesnt mean that you cannot be angry with a sucky launch on the xbox though ;) dont get me wrong, those feelings are valid and should be addressed by Trion.
But if you were a PC-gamer, you would alraedy know that Trion generally handles this.. it might be a few days, but it will be fixed
and everyone who expected a flawless launch:
your brains arent working

Demoniku22
04-03-2013, 07:04 AM
I was one of the few that moaned yesterday , along with others and to be honest it was justified . Yes it was day one and problems are expected. But the login problems went on far to long. There was no communication with regards to it. It actually took trion 12 hours to acknowledge that there was an issue .
I really didn't have to much trouble with the log-in, just the lag and one point when I got the purple item assault rifle from the episodes mission the game locked up, forced me to log out, and when I logged back in, 5 items were missing including my purple item assault rifle. The rifle itself wasnt that great but I did have a proble with the game remebering charging me SC for upgrade but not me actually owning the items.