PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Suggestion/Changes Thread (Weapons Edition)

Critical Errors
03-20-2014, 09:19 AM
I want this game to succeed. Truly, I do! I have invested more than 100 days play time in this game, and a large amount of real world money. So yes, I want the design team, and the CMs to stop for a second and really take into account some of these suggestions.

I will try to run this as the Livestream Questions Thread as well. So if you community guys have more to add, I'll post it up here on the OP.

Weapon Changes we'd like to see:

1. NANOS! The design team created a new scoring system that relies heavily on Nanos. We as a Community would like weapons to always roll with a Nano now. We'd prefer it if you retroactively popped a Nano on our Nanoless weapons too! Even if it's all the same type of Nano. For instance, the EMC-XAR 22 had no Nano until very recently, and was retroactively given Electric Nano. It was understood that Nano effects were originally part of weapon balancing, but a weapon without a Nano is severely unbalanced in the current system.

= Suggestion A: Remove the possibility of a No Nano roll.
= Suggestion B: Modify the in-game Converter Mods to give Mag Capacity/Reload Speed as well. Double the Scrip cost for that particular mod.
= Suggestion C: Allow Converter Mods to stack with Mag Cap/Reload Mods.
= Suggestion D: Give Nanoless weapons an alternate boost. Whether it is DMG, or a Mag/Reload Boost, the weapons are hindered in the current form and need to be addressed.

2. Weapon Mastery! Nothing hurts like seeing a horrible mastery roll on an otherwise decent gun. While I applaud the design team for removing a few of the horrible mastery rolls from the past, they could still use some work. In particular, 10% DMG from last shot in clip, and 8% DMG on next shot after a kill have been the most prevalent rolls in-game recently. These are dreadful! I shouldn't have to explain why.

= Suggestion A: Revamp the Mastery roll database to only allow for truly useful rolls. Make sure all rolls work!
- Remove: 10% DMG from Last Shot.
- Remove: 8% DMG on Next Shot After Kill
- Remove: 2% Ammo on Melee Kill
= Suggestion B: Allow Re-roll of the Mastery roll for a Scrip/Salvage cost.
= Suggestion C: Certain Rolls can only come on certain guns. I still want to roll a pistol to have Speed boost after reload, an LMG to roll Fire Rate, or an SMG to roll Health on Reload. Add some of the variety to other weapons that is already present in-game!
= Suggestion D: Personalized Weapon Crafting to include Rolls/Nano/Synergy. It is understandable that this may not be the best course of action, but the players would like to see it in some form.

3. Weapon Base Rolls and Synergy! As with Mastery rolls, all to often weapons have been rolling with less than stellar rolls. To often a weapon will have base rolls that go completely against the actual Synergy of the weapon. Case in point: An Outlaw SAW with Mag rolls, or a Rolling Thunder rocket launcher. And really, does a Sawed-off shotgun benefit from recoil rolls?

= Suggestions for removal of less than useful Synergies from specific weapon types:
- Rolling Thunder/ Run-n-Gun: Rocket Launchers
- Run-n-gun: Detonators
= Suggestions for removal of less than useful rolls from specific weapon types:
- Recoil: Sawed-off shotguns
- Accuracy: Sniper Rifles (Unless I'm missing something here, it's a Sniper Rifle after all)
- Melee: From everything besides shotties! (I thought this was implemented, but rumors are it is present again. Might be a fluke.)

4. Wanted Weapons! Community ideas for added Weapon types or Variants.
= Suggestion A: Bow/Crossbow with Bleed out DOT.
= Suggestion B: Rail Gun/Laser Weapon with Collateral Damage Beam (Thru and Thru).
= Suggestion C:

5. Weapon EGO Level! Weapons with an Ego level past 1000 have no differences in stats or bonus roll potential. But unfortunately, an Ego 5k player cannot trade a useful weapon to an Ego 1k player. This makes the trading market much smaller for higher ego players, and as such lessens the player experience for them. Weapons also have no distinction to make it worthwhile to rank up. I personally avoided ranking up my characters because of this. Here's some proposed changes that could curb this rift.

= Suggestion A: Give a small % Stats boost to weapons for every 1k ego. This would encourage more players to attain higher ranks.
- A 1k weapon would have a 1% boost from a base weapon. A 2k Weapon would have 2% boost, and so on.
= Suggestion B: Remove Ego restrictions for Trades past 1k. Weapons would inherit the owners Ego level, and not rely on Ego level at all past 1k.
= Suggestion C: A combination of both of the previous suggestions. Ego wouldn't affect trades, but would affect stats. The trade market would open up quite a bit, and players would still be encouraged to rank up for the stats boost.

I will be adding more to this as I go. If anyone else has some suggestions (WEAPONS ONLY), then post them below. If a CM doesn't acknowledge this post, then I will PM it to them after we sort it out as a community.

Etaew
03-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Are we not ready to give up trying to make suggestions yet? :o

Critical Errors
03-20-2014, 09:26 AM
Are we not ready to give up trying to make suggestions yet? :o

Nope! :D The design guys might not play this game anymore, but those of us who do should still have a voice if they want to keep making money from it!

Nashtalia
03-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Nope! :D The design guys might not play this game anymore, but those of us who do should still have a voice if they want to keep making money from it!

i sent them a GOLDEN ticket, demanding more clothings and head-gear in the DEFI store :rolleyes:

Critical Errors
03-20-2014, 09:32 AM
i sent them a GOLDEN ticket, demanding more clothings and head-gear in the DEFI store :rolleyes:

While that's probably important to players as well, lets keep the posts on making weapons suggestions. If I get decent feedback from this, then we'll move on to the next topic. I'm thinking shields....

Atticus Batman
03-20-2014, 04:00 PM
While that's probably important to players as well, lets keep the posts on making weapons suggestions. If I get decent feedback from this, then we'll move on to the next topic. I'm thinking shields....

I still like this one.
I think that Trion should put a npc in gunslinger gear (that can only be seen by gunslinger/sp owners) By the Vbi vendor, and give him the matchmaking coding routines for the gunslinger arenas. They should also do that for Thorne liro, by placing a Thorne liro Casti npc (that can only be seen by Castithan charge/sp owners) at the lighthouse with casti arena matchmaking. While they are at it, an ammo box at the lighthouse would also be nice.

And for weapons, this one! :

Plenty of us have asked for bows for awhile.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?117449-How-I-think-people-expect-bows-to-work.../page2&highlight=bows
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?121394-some-people-don-t-like-my-ideas-lol&highlight=bows

And obviously nobody pays attention to their google suggestion list.
I suggested this quite awhile ago, "Bows as a weapon. They do bleed dot, have a headshot crit multiplier but an arcing shot (similiar to the Northstar Flare) for player balance. you can have single, multi shot and automatic depending on bow model used for each. The damage, crit, and shot arcing would vary for the 3."

The official Defiance suggestions list google voter! (http://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=210af6)

I also mentioned them several times on The official Defiance suggestions list thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?121343-The-Official-Defiance-Suggestions-List%28tm%29)

duction
03-20-2014, 04:16 PM
i still think the 2% ammo on a melee kill on sawn off shotguns that hold 2 shots is the best bonus they give. :mad:

ironcladtrash
03-20-2014, 04:30 PM
I really want the salvage matrix opened up completely. I want to spend ark salvage to pick stats, nano, synergy, mastery, and be able upgrade weapon rarity from common to legendary.

Critical Errors
03-20-2014, 05:49 PM
I still like this one.

And for weapons, this one! :

I like the idea of a Bow, but I think game mechanics would function better with a cross-bow. The single/multi/auto function would make more sense then as well.

Critical Errors
03-20-2014, 05:50 PM
i still think the 2% ammo on a melee kill on sawn off shotguns that hold 2 shots is the best bonus they give. :mad:

I thought that troll roll was gone as well. I'll add it to the list :D

Critical Errors
03-20-2014, 05:53 PM
I really want the salvage matrix opened up completely. I want to spend ark salvage to pick stats, nano, synergy, mastery, and be able upgrade weapon rarity from common to legendary.

I believe Trick already stated that we won't get this type of crafting in-game. It would be nice to just build our own weapons, but then no one would really have reason to trade anymore. Basically killing off the rest of the economy.

ironcladtrash
03-20-2014, 06:08 PM
I believe Trick already stated that we won't get this type of crafting in-game. It would be nice to just build our own weapons, but then no one would really have reason to trade anymore. Basically killing off the rest of the economy.

I know, but it was just a suggestion worth fighting for. They're doing a pretty good job of killing the economy themselves anyway. For me without and auction house trading was and is awful in this game. Trion keeps proving with weapons like the Blast Fragger they don't know how to build weapons themselves. I almost think from a programming standpoint it might be easier to open it up to all of us then to fix the horrible random stat roll table all the weapons go through.

Critical Errors
03-20-2014, 06:13 PM
I know, but it was just a suggestion worth fighting for. They're doing a pretty good job of killing the economy themselves anyway. For me without and auction house trading was and is awful in this game. Trion keeps proving with weapons like the Blast Fragger they don't know how to build weapons themselves. I almost think from a programming standpoint it might be easier to open it up to all of us then to fix the horrible random stat roll table all the weapons go through.

Well, I've added it to the list anyways :p It would be nice if the database for weapons was given another pass through though. And truthfully, it should not be to difficult to deploy the proper rolls for weapons. Crafting would require quite a bit of development.

Seizan
03-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Out of the 3 original suggestions, I agree the most with the Weapon Mastery adjustment.

I can see the devs arguing that potentially rolling bunk mastery (10% to last shot, 8% dmg after kill, ammo regen on melee...etc) is a risk that we as players must take when rolling a weapon; however, due to the unique nature of each weapon (thanks to different combination of base rolls), rolling a mastery bonus that truly transforms a decent weapon into a stellar one is still not an easy task even if we are left with only the more desirable mastery bonuses.

Even if we do not remove the less desirable rolls, at least assign mastery bonuses appropriately to each weapon type. 10% dmg from last shot in clip has no business with LMGs. 8% DMG on next shot after a kill has no business with any full-auto weapons (especially those with higher ROF). etc etc.

Rolling your weapon should be a rewarding experience. At the moment, these misplaced or utterly terrible mastery bonuses only serve to deter people from rolling their potentially perfect weapons.

Seizan
03-20-2014, 06:55 PM
As far as Mastery Re-Roll goes, I personally believe that it could be done in a fashion that does not significantly impact the in-game economy. In fact, this could also add some incentive for us to put more hours into the game.

Many of us have agreed that we would love to be able to re-roll weapons even if the cost for doing so is set to be extremely high. Why not take it a step further? Top-Notch Toolworks is a faction known for their ability to turn scrap into useful gears right? Why not make it so that players can use Top-Notch rep points to purchase "Mastery Re-Roll Tickets"?

Make each ticket cost a significant amount of rep points (500 or even 1000) so that it takes serious effort to be able to re-roll your weapons. Of course, it'll have to cost Scrip as well.

Each of these "tickets" would take up one inventory spot just like any weapon Mod would. To use one, you would have to go into the Salvage Matrix, select a weapon which you wish to re-roll and there would be an option called "Reset Mastery Bonus". By selecting this action, you'll be asked to spend one "ticket" and this will wipe clean the Weapon XP as well as the existing Mastery Bonus.

VBI Rep points are getting used for dual purposes now (regular VBI supply cache & Gunslinger boxes), so why not make Top-Notch rep points dual-purposed as well (Top-Notch supply cache & Mastery Re-roll ticket)?

Edit: This would only work if Weapon Mastery Bonuses are indeed randomly generated when the weapon's xp maxes out. This would not work if the Mastery Bonus is already pre-assigned to the weapon and all we are doing is merely revealing it by maxing out the xp.

N3gativeCr33p
03-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Rolling your weapon should be a rewarding experience. At the moment, these misplaced or utterly terrible mastery bonuses only serve to deter people from rolling their potentially perfect weapons.

Well put! Couldn't have said it better myself.

http://media.giphy.com/media/7R1mTaq7i2sAE/giphy.gif

DSW
03-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Edit: This would only work if Weapon Mastery Bonuses are indeed randomly generated when the weapon's xp maxes out. This would not work if the Mastery Bonus is already pre-assigned to the weapon and all we are doing is merely revealing it by maxing out the xp.

i think they said @ livestream that weapon mastery are rolled at the creation time and it's up to us to reveal it :(

Atticus Batman
03-20-2014, 08:46 PM
i think they said @ livestream that weapon mastery are rolled at the creation time and it's up to us to reveal it :(

They did say that.

Critical Errors
03-22-2014, 07:41 AM
Does anyone have more to add?

YahootsMagoondi
03-22-2014, 11:44 AM
I think a legendary weapon should have a truly legendary ability. If they don't want to change the base stats from a white and you only get one extra roll over an epic, then how about giving legendary weapons the ability to stack mods or have 2 of each mod slot. This would especially come in handy for those nano-less dogs I keep getting. How I would love to put a high cap and a toxic convertor on my nano-less tachmag. In effect this would let players have more control over their weapons without going the full crafting route and it would give a legendary a true advantage over the other weapons without making them OP god weapons.

Critical Errors
03-22-2014, 11:51 AM
I think a legendary weapon should have a truly legendary ability. If they don't want to change the base stats from a white and you only get one extra roll over an epic, then how about giving legendary weapons the ability to stack mods or have 2 of each mod slot. This would especially come in handy for those nano-less dogs I keep getting. How I would love to put a high cap and a toxic convertor on my nano-less tachmag. In effect this would let players have more control over their weapons without going the full crafting route and it would give a legendary a true advantage over the other weapons without making them OP god weapons.

Legendary weapons do have a damage boost over other weapons. The problem I see is that the rolls tend to be better for Epic and below than for Legendary gear.

DSW
03-22-2014, 11:51 AM
actually, it will. imagine a gun build of DMG+CRIT barrel and SIZE+RELOAD mag. put a recoil+melee stock and a scope or two and you'll get something unreasonably beastly that would look like Bandit guns from BL2

YahootsMagoondi
03-22-2014, 01:40 PM
actually, it will. imagine a gun build of DMG+CRIT barrel and SIZE+RELOAD mag. put a recoil+melee stock and a scope or two and you'll get something unreasonably beastly that would look like Bandit guns from BL2

I don't think putting a Power Bore with an Ionic Barrel on an AR/LMG/SMG (this is what I am most familiar with) would be unreasonably beastly. At T3 you would get the 1.07 dmg and 1.15 crit at the same time. Obviously there would have to be some rules, like no two of the same mod. I do think a double High Cap would be a little overboard.

Maybe just the ability to hot swap mods on legendary weapons without losing the mod already on the weapon...something to actually make them legendary.

I'm also strictly a PVE player, and with the current system there is an inherent imbalance when you have new players at an arkfall/incursion/siege right alongside 5000 ego players with their skills maxed at 20 and fully modded weapons. As for PVP, my understanding is that unless you have set builds available, then there will always be an imbalance.

Critical Errors
03-22-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't think putting a Power Bore with an Ionic Barrel on an AR/LMG/SMG (this is what I am most familiar with) would be unreasonably beastly. At T3 you would get the 1.07 dmg and 1.15 crit at the same time. Obviously there would have to be some rules, like no two of the same mod. I do think a double High Cap would be a little overboard.

Maybe just the ability to hot swap mods on legendary weapons without losing the mod already on the weapon...something to actually make them legendary.

I'm also strictly a PVE player, and with the current system there is an inherent imbalance when you have new players at an arkfall/incursion/siege right alongside 5000 ego players with their skills maxed at 20 and fully modded weapons. As for PVP, my understanding is that unless you have set builds available, then there will always be an imbalance.

I don't see that imbalance between my high/low toons. Unless I'm doing an activity solo, my score is similar.

Drewbud
03-22-2014, 03:48 PM
I think the dumb purple rolls should be taken out and regular rolls put in, other then the +EGO power regen ones, I ignore all purple rolls.

DSW
03-22-2014, 10:59 PM

well, i have an AR that currently is 2.4x crit with 1.15x mod (double crit rolled, and it just a purple AR), imagine changing it to x1.09 dmg and x1.2 crit barrels together, also as you have said - double cap mags or nano converter + 1.6 mag...
i think just adding fifth mod slot as a nano converter would do. on all rarities, yes.

first thing for PvP isn't your build but your reaction. most of time i'm getting killed not by better guns but by better reaction and/or ability to predict my motion.

also it's ok to have imbalance between n00bs and E5K players. well, at least i don't see a problem there; i think noobs should see a beacon or milestone that they should aim for.

Seizan
03-23-2014, 12:05 PM
I 100% agree with your suggestions on EGO restriction.