PDA

View Full Version : I Do Not Understand the New Scoring System

Villious
03-20-2014, 02:16 PM
I've been playing Defiance for several weeks now, and having a blast. I've been playing MMO's since the original Everquest. Defiance has been a breath of fresh air for me. Though I will say, it seems like Defiance is the red-headed step child compared to Rift. From what I can tell, so many bugs and bad design changes...but I am enjoying it non the less.

Before Gunslinger, I was scoring well in major arkfalls. Now, I'm always near the end of the list or the last one on the list. I can have more kills, less or no deaths, and still have people beat me with more kills and deaths. I cant figure out what the criteria is for the new scoring system.

I use a detonator a LOT in the larger fights. Is that it? I just can't figure it out.
Thanks so much!

Seizan
03-20-2014, 02:22 PM
I am no expert on this but it does seem like that the new system rewards players more for using weapons that deal more elemental damage/Nano effect (Bio grenades, sludges, Incinerators, etc etc). Also, it seems like you are more likely to score higher points if you can manage to keep firing on targets that other players are firing upon (teamwork +5 score).

You can run around a Siege with a stellar weapon killing everything in sight, but the chances are your score wouldn't be as high as that of someone who shadows other players and take advantage of the group/teamwork bonus.

Seizan
03-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Prior to the implementation of this new scoring system, Detonators and BMGs dominated Sieges and Incursions. Although these aforementioned weapons are still effective after the introduction of the new system, they no longer guarantee you top spot on the leaderboard now. Players who consistently score high these days are usually using weapons that emphasize nano-proc and elemental dmg.

Atticus Batman
03-20-2014, 02:32 PM
You get more points for shooting the same targets as others. As well as more for nano kills. If you insist on a detonator, eaither swich to an automatic like the area suppresssor, or a nano like an incenerator. That said as long as you get over 30k you have the best chance of getting the best rewards. High score only matters for those who think they have to be the best. And you get a key for every 5k score you get from what I have see. But atl volge incursion/sieges around 20k gets you the highest tier lockbox reward and at afflicted sieges/incursions 27k gets you the highest tier lockbox reward. That is all you really need unles you want/need more keys. Instead of always being a detonator guy, have another gun. I can make over 100k-200k with a saw and Bmg, or detonator and Bmg. Remember you get points for pretty much everything with the new score system. So instead of trying to solo and kill things nobody else is shooting, make sure you do shoot the same stuff. You'll get team points and oppurtinist points. Detonators occasionally get you a melee kill, and the killing blow. But nano-kills seem to be more points than a melee kill. Btw several people can get the kill points on the same enemy. One could get a melee kill, atthe same time you land a nano-kill etc etc. The main idea of the new system is to get us to focus on teamwork, so those that do that finally get rewarded like they should, While the crappy Rambos drop to the bottom where they belong.

Dandrielas
03-20-2014, 02:43 PM
You get more points for shooting the same targets as others. As well as more for nano kills. If you insist on a detonator, eaither swich to an automatic like the area suppresssor, or a nano like an incenerator. That said as long as you get over 30k you have the best chance of getting the best rewards. High score only matters for those who think they have to be the best. And you get a key for every 5k score you get from what I have see. But atl volge incursion/sieges around 20k gets you the highest tier lockbox reward and at afflicted sieges/incursions 27k gets you the highest tier lockbox reward. That is all you really need unles you want/need more keys. Instead of always being a detonator guy, have another gun. I can make over 100k-200k with a saw and Bmg, or detonator and Bmg. Remember you get points for pretty much everything with the new score system. So instead of trying to solo and kill things nobody else is shooting, make sure you do shoot the same stuff. You'll get team points and oppurtinist points. Detonators occasionally get you a melee kill, and the killing blow. But nano-kills seem to be more points than a melee kill. Btw several people can get the kill points on the same enemy. One could get a melee kill, atthe same time you land a nano-kill etc etc. The main idea of the new system is to get us to focus on teamwork, so those that do that finally get rewarded like they should, While the crappy Rambos drop to the bottom where they belong.

I seem to do quite well at Major Darkmatter Arkfalls when I solo the small arks. I usually get about 70k or more compared to me sticking with the group and dealing with the stupid bonus waves.

Atticus Batman
03-20-2014, 03:00 PM
I seem to do quite well at Major Darkmatter Arkfalls when I solo the small arks. I usually get about 70k or more compared to me sticking with the group and dealing with the stupid bonus waves.

Maybe that is because you are a Lone Wolf Mcquade, and not a crappy Rambo?! :)

Dandrielas
03-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Maybe that is because you are a Lone Wolf Mcquade, and not a crappy Rambo?! :)

Maybe. I have been soloing in this game longer then I can remember.

Bentu
03-20-2014, 03:29 PM
While the crappy Rambos drop to the bottom where they belong.

Says Batman :)

Atticus Batman
03-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Says Batman :)

Hey I haven't been in the last spot at all since the new system! I am now more in the middle and ALWAYS get a top tier reward box now. Even though they never give me oranges.

Nefarious
03-20-2014, 03:32 PM
I enjoy the new scoring system. But for boss battles the scoring should revert back to the old system of dealing damage. Especially for the War Master.

Deunan
03-20-2014, 03:43 PM
I seem to do quite well at Major Darkmatter Arkfalls when I solo the small arks. I usually get about 70k or more compared to me sticking with the group and dealing with the stupid bonus waves.Soloing the Ark fragments always puts you high on the leaderboard. It's also a good idea because it's more likely that the Arkfall won't time out if it's being worked at multiple points by different groups of players. I've seen them time out when one group of players simply works each fragment one by one because it maxes out the bonus waves at each location.

Dandrielas
03-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Soloing the Ark fragments always puts you high on the leaderboard. It's also a good idea because it's more likely that the Arkfall won't time out if it's being worked at multiple points by different groups of players. I've seen them time out when one group of players simply works each fragment one by one because it maxes out the bonus waves at each location.

That is actually why I do it. The bonus waves take up too much time.

Iceberg
03-20-2014, 03:58 PM
I like it when everyone in the incursion disappears and you are left by your self for a little bit trying to figure out what mobs everyone is hitting.

Bentu
03-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Hey I haven't been in the last spot at all since the new system! I am now more in the middle and ALWAYS get a top tier reward box now. Even though they never give me oranges.

Agreed and nothing wrong with that but why should I be punished for going Rambo. I like going Rambo as the difficulty doesn't scale in this game so I like to go it alone.

Atticus Batman
03-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Agreed and nothing wrong with that but why should I be punished for going Rambo. I like going Rambo as the difficulty doesn't scale in this game so I like to go it alone.

Yes you should! Rambo sucks! They are always dead! If you want to solo, do it right! Be Lonewolf Mcquade! Nobody can out-perform Chuck Norris except Chuck Norris!

Iceberg
03-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Yes you should! Rambo sucks! They are always dead! If you want to solo, do it right! Be Lonewolf Mcquade! Nobody can out-perform Chuck Norris except Chuck Norris!

In a race, chuck norris was beaten, by his beard!

Atticus Batman
03-20-2014, 04:14 PM
In a race, chuck norris was beaten, by his beard!

The Beard had to forfeit after Chuck Norris beat it up!

Dandrielas
03-20-2014, 04:49 PM

Truth be told. I have no clue who Mcquade is.

edit: Wait, isn't he the die Hard one?

N3gativeCr33p
03-20-2014, 04:53 PM
Truth be told. I have no clue who Mcquade is.

edit: Wait, isn't he the die Hard one?

No, that was John McClane.

"Yipee kai yea..."

Dandrielas
03-20-2014, 04:56 PM
No, that was John McClane.

"Yipee kai yea..."

Who is Mcquade then?

N3gativeCr33p
03-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Who is Mcquade then?

I wasn't exactly 100% sure, so I Googled the name.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085862/

Dandrielas
03-20-2014, 05:01 PM
I wasn't exactly 100% sure, so I Googled the name.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085862/

That explains the Chuck Norris references.

Villious
03-20-2014, 09:58 PM
I appreciate the info. I tried using my SAW this afternoon and tagging other mobs people were fighting, and spreading my damage out. My score MUCH improved. I don't care about being the best....I just wanna get some decent loot, and keys.

Thanks again for the tips. Happy hunting!