PDA

View Full Version : I sure wish there was a way to print out the inventory to a database.

Binky
03-20-2014, 05:37 PM
I'd like to be able to plan stuff and shop from a checklist rather than having to access my inventory over and over.

DSW
03-20-2014, 07:54 PM
i think we all want it, and also ability to inspect our inventory, claims and char from web. that would make forum & hulkercafe trading a lot easier.

Ashlocke
03-20-2014, 10:01 PM
I used to throw green mods in my weapons with the intention of eventually outfitting all of my favorite weapons with blue mods. Yes blue, because I hold absolutely no illusions that I will get anything better.

But, I quickly stopped putting non blue mods into weapons because of how messed up the info and menu screens are. It's a freaking nightmare to figure out what mods are actually in my weapons. So now I know exactly what mods are in them, JUST BLUES.

Yes it means my weapons will go for long stretches without mods until I can finally (through persistence and dumb luck) find the correct blue mod in the hourly specials at the vendor to outfit my weapons with. It's so much less of a headache this way for me.

I used to think the interface was going to be redone.
Then I used to hope the interface was going to be redone.
Now... I just chuckle.

Amun Ra
03-21-2014, 01:48 AM
Well, pen and paper might do the trick.
I use it.
Flawless system!

But since we're on Inventory: TABBED Inventory.
First tab: non-faved items.
Second Tab: Faved Weapons (sub-tabbed into types? (Pistol, SMG, LMG, AR, ...).
Third tab: faved consumables.

Also: revamped Trade.
No more ADD ITEM, but a list of your items left of the trade window, tabbed, naturally.
The Trade window would be where the view panel is.
Double click to add.
Very good overviewable, and user friendly.

Now THAT would be a gift.

Etaew
03-21-2014, 02:30 AM
I also wish they could have a site for this so I could parse it and make some fun data.

For storing inventory, I have an image generation system over on DD called Storefront. For example the mods I have is shown as:

http://www.defiancedata.com/store/1.jpg

Binky
03-21-2014, 04:46 AM
Well, pen and paper might do the trick.
I use it.
Flawless system!

---------------

Thanks for that most excellent suggestion.
I don't know why I didn't think of it.

550+ items.

I'll get right on that.

clubside
03-21-2014, 05:16 AM
A web interface to scrape or better yet an API would help me (and I'm sure Etaew) but given the little information that used to be available via the web I'm not holding my breath.

Hulker Cafe is set up to work as a second screen experience so you can do your basic data entry pretty quickly with your phone or tablet while in the game but no matter how streamlined such things are set up when you have such a mountain of data it'll never be fun.

When I initially populated data I resolved to have 500 items spread across all the platforms and item types for testing purposes. It was a lot of data entry (and in my case image captures) that I'm glad to have behind me lol

Etaew
03-21-2014, 05:21 AM
When I initially populated data I resolved to have 500 items spread across all the platforms and item types for testing purposes. It was a lot of data entry (and in my case image captures) that I'm glad to have behind me lol

Yeah manual data entry wasn't fun :)

xilfxlegion
03-21-2014, 08:18 AM
I'd like to be able to plan stuff and shop from a checklist rather than having to access my inventory over and over.

even better would be an in-game auction house like forza has --- you post the gun, and if and when it sells, go get your scrip -- that would rock