PDA

View Full Version : Weird, but true story of my compensation from disconnects...

YahootsMagoondi
03-21-2014, 08:24 PM
Long story short...I been playing alot the last couple weeks after being away due to life since DLC1. I finally started to hit the RNG cycle on rewards and lockboxes, pulled more oj's in two weeks than I pulled in first two months of constant playing. Anyway, one of the oj's I should have received was at end of siege, but it disappeared when game froze after closing the result screen. so, i submitted a ticket, not really expecting a reply, but figured what the heck and I had seen a forum post about asking people to submit issues. After the ticket I tried a couple more incursions and missed out on another oj and probably 30ish keys. Then I did get a response on my ticket, and one of the things it asked for was more info, specifically what weapons were missing. Well, I thought if there was a chance of getting some weapons, then maybe I could ask for something I would like, so I said a SAW and a Canker. The reply this time was that they looked at my account and awarded me a T4 lockbox, and when I opened it I got blue Canker and a purple SAW...whaaaaaaat??? So, did fhey put those weapons in the box with th chance they would be oj, or is that the sickest coincidence in the world?

By the way, thanks for the responses and the lockbox. I know alot of feedback on here is negative, and the game isn't perfect. But I do think they are trying to do what they can with what they got.

xilfxlegion
03-22-2014, 06:46 AM
Long story short...I been playing alot the last couple weeks after being away due to life since DLC1. I finally started to hit the RNG cycle on rewards and lockboxes, pulled more oj's in two weeks than I pulled in first two months of constant playing. Anyway, one of the oj's I should have received was at end of siege, but it disappeared when game froze after closing the result screen. so, i submitted a ticket, not really expecting a reply, but figured what the heck and I had seen a forum post about asking people to submit issues. After the ticket I tried a couple more incursions and missed out on another oj and probably 30ish keys. Then I did get a response on my ticket, and one of the things it asked for was more info, specifically what weapons were missing. Well, I thought if there was a chance of getting some weapons, then maybe I could ask for something I would like, so I said a SAW and a Canker. The reply this time was that they looked at my account and awarded me a T4 lockbox, and when I opened it I got blue Canker and a purple SAW...whaaaaaaat??? So, did fhey put those weapons in the box with th chance they would be oj, or is that the sickest coincidence in the world?

By the way, thanks for the responses and the lockbox. I know alot of feedback on here is negative, and the game isn't perfect. But I do think they are trying to do what they can with what they got.

so wait, rather than tell them which gun you were awarded but didnt get, you decided to try to get " something you liked " . people like you are the reason that other people get screwed out of guns

Critical Errors
03-22-2014, 07:39 AM
so wait, rather than tell them which gun you were awarded but didnt get, you decided to try to get " something you liked " . people like you are the reason that other people get screwed out of guns

Or you could say he's "working as intended", people will always try to take advantage of a chance at something better. While trying to take advantage of the system may or may not work in his favor, he's not affecting us with it. If Trion gave every person in-game one weapon of their choice, it wouldn't do anything drastic to the economy or game play. In fact, it might actually inspire more game play by everyone.

xilfxlegion
03-22-2014, 07:40 AM
maybe.....

YahootsMagoondi
03-22-2014, 10:05 AM
tbh...at first, I did feel kinda like it was a ***** move on my part. Then I remembered all those Ego 1 items that used to be for sale all over the forums and didn't sweat it. Plus, I doubted all along that they would do anything about it, especially considering they are now selling a random legendary for $100. I would be interested to know if anyone has been given a replacement weapon since the first few weeks when they were handing gear out like candy.

My thanks for the lockbox is sincere. And its still weird how I got the two thing I mentioned.

xilfxlegion
03-22-2014, 10:29 AM
tbh...at first, I did feel kinda like it was a ***** move on my part. Then I remembered all those Ego 1 items that used to be for sale all over the forums and didn't sweat it. Plus, I doubted all along that they would do anything about it, especially considering they are now selling a random legendary for $100. I would be interested to know if anyone has been given a replacement weapon since the first few weeks when they were handing gear out like candy.

My thanks for the lockbox is sincere. And its still weird how I got the two thing I mentioned.

well played, sir.