PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about this long patch lol

LegendaryU2K
03-21-2014, 10:28 PM
Hey guys, i bought defiance for 9.99 tonight and so far the folder of the game is 11GB, how long is this freaking patch? i started the update at around 9pm and now its 1am , only half way at 11GB. this is insane , i should never uninstall this game lol

Atticus Batman
03-21-2014, 10:35 PM
Hey guys, i bought defiance for 9.99 tonight and so far the folder of the game is 11GB, how long is this freaking patch? i started the update at around 9pm and now its 1am , only half way at 11GB. this is insane , i should never uninstall this game lol

It's not one patch. It is like 20. It will come up to around 15 gigs total I think. So it will be patching for atleast 4 hours, most likely.

LegendaryU2K
03-21-2014, 10:39 PM
So once i have this game install, i should never uninstall it. What about if i did uninstall it or if my HD died one me, ( i have the game installing on an external HD ). Is there a faster way to install the patch or it will always be between 4-8 hours?

BTW This game has that much content?

Atticus Batman
03-21-2014, 10:45 PM
So once i have this game install, i should never uninstall it. What about if i did uninstall it or if my HD died one me, ( i have the game installing on an external HD ). Is there a faster way to install the patch or it will always be between 4-8 hours?

BTW This game has that much content?

The game content is a little lacking compared to most mmos, but it is an MMO so it has lots to download. It is a strictly online game, so even though you need the disk to play, most of the textures and other big things are on your harddrive. Yes if you do need to reinstall from scratch of course it will take forever. No faster way to install it. Bright side is, most of the time the patches aren't big. As for having it on an external drive, that is a good idea. But if that drive fries, of course the new install will take a long time. But your character data is saved serverside. So as long as you didn't delete your character in the character select scree, even if you do have to do a complete re-install, your character will be there waiting for you.

LegendaryU2K
03-21-2014, 11:33 PM
This game is a online only game? That's all good and well, but you can't play offline single player?
just curious, but not a big deal. I'm mostly interested in playing against the AI though / PVE modes. Even though i will play PVP sometimes.

I have no plans to uninstall it, but in the future if i have to reinstall, i will just stay out at a hotel or something for 2 days lol

Atticus Batman
03-22-2014, 12:25 AM
This game is a online only game? That's all good and well, but you can't play offline single player?
just curious, but not a big deal. I'm mostly interested in playing against the AI though / PVE modes. Even though i will play PVP sometimes.

I have no plans to uninstall it, but in the future if i have to reinstall, i will just stay out at a hotel or something for 2 days lol

It is strictly online. There is no single player. But don't worry it is an open wwolrd, so you don't have to group up if you dont want to. There will still be people near you on occassion and you get more points at scored events if you shoo the same thing as everyone else. But you do not have to team up or even talk to them if you do not want to. PvE just means Players versus environment. Beleive me there are plenty of enemies to kill. Most avoid the Pvp matches btw. Just enjoy the game and have fun killing things.

drackiller
03-22-2014, 12:52 AM
I don`t know what sistem you are on, but on PS3 that`s all it takes :

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/ToniCareca/DSCN01081_zps5e5b16ed.jpg (http://s750.photobucket.com/user/ToniCareca/media/DSCN01081_zps5e5b16ed.jpg.html)

Atticus Batman
03-22-2014, 12:58 AM
I don`t know what sistem you are on, but on PS3 that`s all it takes :

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/ToniCareca/DSCN01081_zps5e5b16ed.jpg (http://s750.photobucket.com/user/ToniCareca/media/DSCN01081_zps5e5b16ed.jpg.html)

That is still over 7 gigs Drac. Now was that for everything or just the newest patch?

LegendaryU2K
03-22-2014, 01:01 AM
PC Version.
6 hours left, going to sleep , when i wake up i hope its finish :cool:

Atticus Batman
03-22-2014, 01:04 AM
PC Version.
6 hours left, going to sleep , when i wake up i hope its finish :cool:

the first time, and the first time after a 3 month absence always take forever. My advice if you like it when you can finally play, is always load it atleast once a week to download the newest patches so it doesn't take very long.

drackiller
03-22-2014, 01:14 AM
That is still over 7 gigs Drac. Now was that for everything or just the newest patch?

This is all the data, the patch writes above the earlier version.

If i delete the game and re-install again that will be the total amount of data in the hard drive.

Atticus Batman
03-22-2014, 01:24 AM
This is all the data, the patch writes above the earlier version.

If i delete the game and re-install again that will be the total amount of data in the hard drive.

YEs that is the biggest issue. If you want to save space with it installed, then after a new big patch comes out, it is best to deletr it all and re-install, since it doesn't auto-delete the obsolete stuff.

drackiller
03-22-2014, 01:29 AM
YEs that is the biggest issue. If you want to save space with it installed, then after a new big patch comes out, it is best to deletr it all and re-install, since it doesn't auto-delete the obsolete stuff.

No, i was just giving you an example because when i patch it doesn`t increase the size of the data.

That date you see is from my last reinstallment of the game. It hasn`t been adding extra data to the HD.

LegendaryU2K
03-22-2014, 12:48 PM
woke up 30 mins ago, the big patch seemed to have finish, but the patcher didn't continue patching and for some reason it stopped, so i had to hit x and restart the patching again. Now its patching something else at 15 seconds, 8 seconds and now 5 seconds, up to 22GB.

lol :cool:

LegendaryU2K
03-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Do you really have to have the disc in the drive to play this game?
There's no CD patch?
I bought the game, and have a key on the back of the booklet to prove i own the game.
I hate having to have a cd in the drive to play, that's so 1999-2000

CM Kiwibird
03-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Do you really have to have the disc in the drive to play this game?
Hey there, just wanted to confirm: Yes.

That's all. :o If you have any trouble with it, make sure to drop by in Live Chat or submit a ticket.

LegendaryU2K
03-22-2014, 02:40 PM
Everything works now, game runs really good and its fun and love the quick menu to buy items :)

3 questions though:

#1 When i click match making and try to play one of the modes, TDM or CTF, nothing happens when i click to join.

#2 Is there an in game music playing we have in this game, or can we tab out and turn on winamp or songbird to play our music?
the music in the game is nice though.

#3 can we have more than one character to go through in the game? you know slots?

Atticus Batman
03-22-2014, 02:50 PM
Everything works now, game runs really good and its fun and love the quick menu to buy items :)

3 questions though:

#1 When i click match making and try to play one of the modes, TDM or CTF, nothing happens when i click to join.

#2 Is there an in game music playing we have in this game, or can we tab out and turn on winamp or songbird to play our music?
the music in the game is nice though.

#3 can we have more than one character to go through in the game? you know slots?

1: In the upper left corner it will show a que saying why the game hasn't joined yet. Normally because you are waiting for more players to join.

2:There is instrumental musicin game, but you can go into settings and turn it off, then listen to your music how you want.

2: You can create up to 4 characters on each server.