PDA

View Full Version : Proposed DLC 5 changes.

Drewbud
03-21-2014, 10:36 PM
Let me see if I am getting this correct. We will see more difficult enemies for multiple reasons including for higher EGO characters. Does that mean that higher EGO weapons will be better or is this just going to yet another punishment for being over 1k EGO?

Atticus Batman
03-21-2014, 10:39 PM
Let me see if I am getting this correct. We will see more difficult enemies for multiple reasons including for higher EGO characters. Does that mean that higher EGO weapons will be better or is this just going to yet another punishment for being over 1k EGO?

Punishment for being over 1k? You serious?! All the punishing stuff is towards those over 3k. 1k gets no punishment.

Drewbud
03-21-2014, 10:42 PM
I just ment that once you get over 1k, when you get the top tier that there is for loot, then there is no more boosts at all. Personally I've been over 3k since DLC1. I haven't been able to trade weapons I've looted for ages.

Atticus Batman
03-21-2014, 10:48 PM
I just ment that once you get over 1k, when you get the top tier that there is for loot, then there is no more boosts at all. Personally I've been over 3k since DLC1. I haven't been able to trade weapons I've looted for ages.

That is from being over 3k. But from somewhere between 3200 and 3400 to like 4200 most of your guns will also be no nano. Enjoy, my world. :) Think you have a hard time selling a 34oo gun? Try an orange 3400 no-nano backpack syn gun of any kind.

But we can still occasionally sale guns and shields unlike the 4500 and up crew.

mr8liner
03-21-2014, 11:45 PM
I found away around that. Have a few different toons. I have one that is 5000, another at 4343 and one at 700 ( right now). my 4343 toon won't go up much faster have it maxed on xp and not doing any pursuits. I'm hoping that my 700 toon will stay in the 2000 range. Also I am not doing any pursuits and only using two guns.....smg and detonators.

I will be glad that they are going to start doing something for the players who are at or around 5k ego. There is nothing to keep them playing except to start a new toon

CRIXDA
03-21-2014, 11:52 PM
Then again, when the MCR DLC hits, there will only be 4 new guns.
Party Poison's gun, Fun Ghoul's gun, Jet Star's gun and Kobra Kid's gun.
You won't have to worry about that other "nano" or "synergy" mess anymore.
If You want to see what it is go look in the "useless Twitch thing" thread.

But Batman is right. I hate those stupid bobo backpack synergy weapons.
And You can't unload them or do squat with them. You guys are both correct.
Chocolate Chip Cookies for both.

http://www.parchment.com/wp-content/uploads/chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg

Batman, aren't You lactose-intolerant?
No milk for You, then.

Amack
03-21-2014, 11:59 PM
Edit: Need to watch it again.

ironcladtrash
03-22-2014, 12:01 AM
Regardless of the EGO level I wonder too how this is not going to be a punishment for high EGO players. Are they going to finally give us any benefit? I have one toon right now I am purposefully not completing pursuits on to keep the EGO low.

Atticus Batman
03-22-2014, 12:15 AM
Nope not lactose intolerant.

Drewbud
03-22-2014, 05:51 AM
That is from being over 3k. But from somewhere between 3200 and 3400 to like 4200 most of your guns will also be no nano. Enjoy, my world. :) Think you have a hard time selling a 34oo gun? Try an orange 3400 no-nano backpack syn gun of any kind.

But we can still occasionally sale guns and shields unlike the 4500 and up crew.

I happen to be 5k. If you think you have it bad at 34oo with no nano, just try and do anything with a 5k gun. . .

Blondin
03-22-2014, 06:27 AM

That is not a priority to change that and to give fun to high ego toon, the priority is to change grenade system and scoring system, don't you have more fun now?

Design team do things no one want, they do thing not related to any MMO and don't do thing related to any MMO even the badest f2p.

Now you are wondering if dlc5 changes will give you more fun? oh yeah you will have to fight harder mobs with your still crappy weapons (even more crappy if they are pre-patch).

Community asked for high level and endgame, Defiance design team will give you the only MMO where it's harder to be high level and where you have less advantage.

Drewbud
03-22-2014, 07:33 AM
That is not a priority to change that and to give fun to high ego toon, the priority is to change grenade system and scoring system, don't you have more fun now?

Design team do things no one want, they do thing not related to any MMO and don't do thing related to any MMO even the badest f2p.

Now you are wondering if dlc5 changes will give you more fun? oh yeah you will have to fight harder mobs with your still crappy weapons (even more crappy if they are pre-patch).

Community asked for high level and endgame, Defiance design team will give you the only MMO where it's harder to be high level and where you have less advantage.

Ok, that's how it seemed to me too.

Arsenic_Touch
03-22-2014, 07:46 AM
The thing is, unless they plan on opening up mass portions of the map to put this particular scaling, there's no point to introducing this type of scaling because it's not going to work in the open world.

If they only introduce this scaling to old instances (hard modes) it still doesn't address the lack of content that has been a complaint since the early days and it doesn't address the open world scaling issues.

And if it's going to be open world, it still doesn't address the lack of content but it does open up an issue of lower ego players getting slaughtered when they're in range of high ego level players, or trivializing content when high ego level players are in range of low ego level players.

Hope these concerns are addressed when they start releasing info about it. As it stands, it doesn't sound like it can work in the current set up of the defiance world.

Drewbud
03-22-2014, 08:19 AM
The thing is, unless they plan on opening up mass portions of the map to put this particular scaling, there's no point to introducing this type of scaling because it's not going to work in the open world.

If they only introduce this scaling to old instances (hard modes) it still doesn't address the lack of content that has been a complaint since the early days and it doesn't address the open world scaling issues.

And if it's going to be open world, it still doesn't address the lack of content but it does open up an issue of lower ego players getting slaughtered when they're in range of high ego level players, or trivializing content when high ego level players are in range of low ego level players.

Hope these concerns are addressed when they start releasing info about it. As it stands, it doesn't sound like it can work in the current set up of the defiance world.

I think as it stands it's intended to be a "fix" for how areas scale currently based on number of players. Aside from that I see both your concerns as number 1 and number 2, but don't forget about the guy who's like 3,5oo EGOish from just doing pursuits with his friends, no real skill, no weapons leveled. How's that guy going to fare when his enemies solo suddenly get harder and he has no way to compensate for that.

Deirachel
03-22-2014, 03:54 PM
I think as it stands it's intended to be a "fix" for how areas scale currently based on number of players.

Or, maybe they should just fix that issue instead of starting from scratch with a new system?

The ability for a high ego character to group up with a low ego character without a penalty for either is one of the great things about this game. It's what has allowed me to get three of my friends to start playing recently. Having to create a NEW character to be able to play with my friends is why I stopped playing on WoW, Last Chaos, and a few other MMOs. I didn't have anyone to play with and joke around with.

mr8liner
03-22-2014, 11:47 PM
I think all land north of Mt. Tam should be opend for players who are at ego 4000 or higher. Up there they can have tougher emenies and the little guys won't be able to get up there. At least then they won't die being there.

I thought about this as soon as i got to 5k. since there isn't much to do for a 5kego guy.

Binky
03-23-2014, 04:20 AM
I found away around that. Have a few different toons. I have one that is 5000, another at 4343 and one at 700 ( right now). my 4343 toon won't go up much faster have it maxed on xp and not doing any pursuits. I'm hoping that my 700 toon will stay in the 2000 range. Also I am not doing any pursuits and only using two guns.....smg and detonators.

I will be glad that they are going to start doing something for the players who are at or around 5k ego. There is nothing to keep them playing except to start a new toon

If you really want to keep a 'toon at a lower level, or at least keep it from leveling up more quickly - use weapons with full mastery bars and don't reset them.
They won't add 4 EGO points at every weapon level.

Atticus Batman
03-23-2014, 05:40 PM
I think as it stands it's intended to be a "fix" for how areas scale currently based on number of players. Aside from that I see both your concerns as number 1 and number 2, but don't forget about the guy who's like 3,5oo EGOish from just doing pursuits with his friends, no real skill, no weapons leveled. How's that guy going to fare when his enemies solo suddenly get harder and he has no way to compensate for that.

Was that a jab?! :p My Bas, and ars, are maxxed in that order and lmgs are at 19. Also have some skill! Perks and gunscome into play as well. I did a dual last night and kept one shotting a friend with a shield cap of around 2500 if i remember right and fortification. I was using a blue Haar, with a green crit roll and a blue damage roll, the mastery was 2% crit mult when crouched. I had hunter's stance and gunslinger perks on. My gun is fully modded with grean mods to increase accuracy and crit. It also has life syphon.Btw my pistols leved to 13 after that first Ohk headshot. Since the haar was specced for damage and accuracy, All the bullets in the fully charged shot hit him for a OHK. Sure surprised him! Lol

He was around ego 4600 and I am around ego 3600, my gun is only ego 2800 or so lol.