PDA

View Full Version : Remove the EGO level on GUNS VOTE

THE GUDGE
03-23-2014, 12:57 AM
Im geting to the point of hitting ego 4000 and cant get many players to buy my guns . If ur i same boat as a EGO 4000 plus players and would like the EGO level on guns removed , Add ur views and ideas here or just put AGREE or DISAGREE .

Atticus Batman
03-23-2014, 01:05 AM
Im geting to the point of hitting ego 4000 and cant get many players to buy my guns . If ur i same boat as a EGO 4000 plus players and would like the EGO level on guns removed , Add ur views and ideas here or just put AGREE or DISAGREE .

Remember all guns without egos are non-tradable and can't even be vendor sold. That is the way Trion has and most likely will always do it.So you would no longer be able to sale your guns at all, and all guns would no become strictly salvage.

So I disagree!

YahootsMagoondi
03-23-2014, 03:04 AM
I don't think they should remove the EGO level of weapons, but what I don't understand is why looted weapons have such a specific EGO range. Why not have that randomly determined along a wider range? Let's say just for fun you took the player's current EGO as the high and used 1/2 current EGO for the low. In my opinion this would do two good things. 1) Allow greater trade flexibility, especially for the high EGO crowd, and 2) lessen the "penalty" you find in certain EGO ranges with how many slots are unlocked.

MadMoxxiFavGun
03-23-2014, 03:08 AM
how about everyone stop being noobs and get to ego 5000?

Amun Ra
03-23-2014, 07:09 AM
Albeit Mad just above was a tad cruel in his words, they're true.
Additional, with each EGO level the weapons gain a wee tad of statistical improvements, taking EGO away would make a 5K EGO weapon as good as a 1EGO butter knife.
Makes the entire thing problematic, right?

play
03-23-2014, 07:14 AM
Remove the EGO level on GUNS - AGREE

Dar Katan
03-23-2014, 07:33 AM
I believe this ship has sailed long ago when they began to introduce improvements into higher ego and rarity guns. I understand that getting to 5000 EGO can be a huge deterrent for some, but almost all MMO's have level requirements on their gear and weapons.

Critical Errors
03-23-2014, 08:00 AM
I would also like the Ego level for weapons changed.
I also mention this here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?153230-Yet-Another-Suggestion-Changes-Thread-(Weapons-Edition)

Feel free to leave some feedback there as well :D

Lucent
03-23-2014, 08:31 AM
I think it is isolating to get OJs at 5k because you know that even if it's something you'd sell, you are probably stuck with it because no one wants it at that level.

DSW
03-23-2014, 09:53 AM
I think it is isolating to get OJs at 5k because you know that even if it's something you'd sell, you are probably stuck with it because no one wants it at that level.
sad but true. yet you've small possibility of getting E4900 gun that could sell to a higher number of people.

Deunan
03-23-2014, 10:00 AM
how about everyone stop being noobs and get to ego 5000?Only a noob would rush to the hollow goal of 5000 EGO. Anyone that's been in the game for a while and has half a brain realizes that EGO rating =/= level and offers net negative returns. Saavy players deliberately avoid pursuit points to keep EGO rating down since you only get some inventory slots and marginally better shield strength to show for it with unmarketable gear for trading in exchange for those paltry benefits. It's one of the reasons why players start a second character when they come to this realization and their first character is already over 4000 in EGO rating.

Since the Defiance Team seems to be so fond of creating salvage sinks recently, they can add a Salvage Matrix feature to lower the EGO rating of a weapon. I leave it to them regarding the amount of scrip but you can rest assured that if they ever do implement a mechanic like this the salvage cost will be steep.

Ambelina
03-23-2014, 10:30 AM
how about everyone stop being noobs and get to ego 5000?

YES!!! All players with a 5k ego who have low ego characters is one thing, and I don't mind it at all.. But, seriously, if you dont have an ego 4800 or higher character, get to work and stop relying on those of us with high ego characters to play on low ego underdeveloped characters and pull nice weapons you can buy and feed off of our hard work! First we fall into the ridiculous notion that our perfect weapons aren't worth as much because it limits who and how many can use it.. Next, you'll tell us it's worth less because the mod slots aren't opened and will expect us to open them for you which is now a lot of salvage to do so... I refuse to cater to the lazy and I personally wish all of my weapons were 5000 ego! It is not nearly as hard to hit max ego with all of the new pursuits from the DLCs! I recommend doing it a.s.a.p. because, if they increase the Ego Cap, you'll be that much farther behind... Also, to think they have no plans to add more benefits to reaching max ego is just plain naive..

Ambelina
03-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Only a noob would rush to the hollow goal of 5000 EGO. Anyone that's been in the game for a while and has half a brain realizes that EGO rating =/= level and offers net negative returns. Saavy players deliberately avoid pursuit points to keep EGO rating down since you only get some inventory slots and marginally better shield strength to show for it with unmarketable gear for trading in exchange for those paltry benefits. It's one of the reasons why players start a second character when they come to this realization and their first character is already over 4000 in EGO rating.

Since the Defiance Team seems to be so fond of creating salvage sinks recently, they can add a Salvage Matrix feature to lower the EGO rating of a weapon. I leave it to them regarding the amount of scrip but you can rest assured that if they ever do implement a mechanic like this the salvage cost will be steep.

If you don't think having access to any combination of perks, having MUCH higher capacity shields and never having to open slots in weapons isn't a benefit then maybe you're only on game to socialize and earn that amazingly useless digital money..

Overtkill21
03-23-2014, 11:16 AM
If you don't think having access to any combination of perks, having MUCH higher capacity shields and never having to open slots in weapons isn't a benefit then maybe you're only on game to socialize and earn that amazingly useless digital money..

LOL, you think the difference in shield capacity between 4000 and 5000 is that much different? Well, hate to break it to you but it's not, it's not even that big of a difference between 3000 and 5000.

Never opening slots? You'll have most slots open on all weapons at around 3800 EGO. Any combination of perks? Every perk should be open around 3800 EGO as well - however, by 3000 EGO you'd have all of the useful ones unlocked.

Getting to 5000 EGO has been, and continues to be as Deunan pointed out, a pointless endeavor.

Amun Ra
03-23-2014, 11:18 AM
I think it is isolating to get OJs at 5k because you know that even if it's something you'd sell, you are probably stuck with it because no one wants it at that level.Stuck with it?
It makes Salvage.
With current salvage costs, you do need Scrip far less than Salvage!
So: salvage the oranges, I'd say!

Aside: if you want oranges just to SELL them, well...

squidgod2000
03-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Vote/petition threads are against the rules.

Deunan
03-23-2014, 11:38 AM
If you don't think having access to any combination of perks2600 EGO rating points is all that is required to fill out the entire EGO grid.

If you don't think having access to any combination of perks having MUCH higher capacity shieldsMaxing out a half dozen of your preferred weapons and your roller skill brings that up to 3132. You're going to get a few hundred more simply by playing the game. It's unavoidable so that puts the EGO rating at around 3500. The difference between a Respark at 3500 and 5000 is less than 40 points. Typing the word "much" in all caps doesn't magically make it so. The difference is marginal even if you lack the capacity to appreciate that fact. In PvE the game is so easy and forgiving that the shield strength difference is irrelevant as a practical matter and in PvP players can OHK players regardless of shield strength making it equally meaningless.

and never having to open slots in weapons isn't a benefitIt's a benefit but slots already start to open as your EGO rating increases. By 3500 almost all are open. With keys being so much easier to obtain, the Salvage Matrix is the only salvage drain left in the game which is why they increased the salvage costs. Even so it's very easy to accumulate the salvage necessary to open 1 or 2 slots on most weapons and even on Legendaries it's not that taxing given the drop rate.

then maybe you're only on game to socialize and earn that amazingly useless digital money..You mean that digital money that you're whining about being less able to achieve because of your character's largely meaningless 5000 EGO rating? The profound irony of this statement may escape you but it's glaringly obvious to others.

VIC757
03-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Hurry up to 5000? I think I'll just play the game the way I want. Maybe if they changed the benefits but until then I'm fine being in the high 2000s. I keep some low ego stuff to give to new players and help others as much as possible. I even purposely buy above my ego so I have something to look forward to. Not interested in starting a new toon anytime soon since there's no such thing as different character class. If that makes me a noob, than I'm a happy noob that's happy where I am.

ArkHunter Z
03-23-2014, 07:04 PM
The argument has valid points on both sides. That being said, this will NEVER HAPPEN.
No buying down a guns rating, just to be able to sell it to a lower level character/player. This thought is not even on Trion's radar.

Nice thread, but moot to boot.

Chump Norris
03-23-2014, 07:16 PM
What about an option in the salvage matrix that picks a random EGO between 1k-5k for 100k salvage? I doubt I would use it much but I do love to gamble. I started at 1k because I think thats when guns have full amount of rolls. I dont know what could be done about weapons without full # rolls (i wouldnt want it randomly generating new starts when you change ego).

ArkHunter Z
03-23-2014, 07:26 PM
It just boils down to one thing: if you want to lower the ego on your weapons, its most likely so you can sell it to someone for scrip. Trion gave you 4 character slots, so use them. Think about it, you can farm guns with low level toons, mule them to your high ego character and have him reap the scrip rewards. A lot of people do it including myself. And it forces you to do what Trion wants: PLAY THE SAME CONTENT OVER AND OVER. Brilliant.

drackiller
03-24-2014, 02:16 AM
Getting to 5000 EGO has been, and continues to be as Deunan pointed out, a pointless endeavor.

Completely agree with this, the only advantage on getting to 4000 EGO it`s to get the ARK PREDATOR, nothing else.

Amun Ra
03-24-2014, 03:05 AM
It just boils down to one thing: if you want to lower the ego on your weapons, its most likely so you can sell it to someone for scrip. Trion gave you 4 character slots, so use them. Think about it, you can farm guns with low level toons, mule them to your high ego character and have him reap the scrip rewards. A lot of people do it including myself. And it forces you to do what Trion wants: PLAY THE SAME CONTENT OVER AND OVER. Brilliant.+10

Seriously, why on earth would you like this EGO thing gone?
If it's for scrip, please, you hardly need any scrip ingame!
Salvage yes.
But Scrip is a fairly pointless thing to have...
I am EGO 2300+ now, and never ran into Scrip problems.
Granted: I am poor, but that's OK...
Whole weekend I scrapped my loot for salvage.
Revamp the Salvage Win on items: 500 for white, 1K for green, 2K for blue, 3.5K for purple, 6K for orange?

DSW
03-24-2014, 07:58 AM
+10

Seriously, why on earth would you like this EGO thing gone?
If it's for scrip, please, you hardly need any scrip ingame!
Salvage yes.
But Scrip is a fairly pointless thing to have...
I am EGO 2300+ now, and never ran into Scrip problems.
Granted: I am poor, but that's OK...
Whole weekend I scrapped my loot for salvage.
Revamp the Salvage Win on items: 500 for white, 1K for green, 2K for blue, 3.5K for purple, 6K for orange?

you need scrip to purchase something from vendors, like cars and T3 mods. also Epic Mod Hoard = 40k scrip, 75 keys and 50/100 rep.
i've been poor on scrip until ego 3500 or so, where i've actually maxed all guns (sans bmg/infectors) to 20.
salvage win? white = 250, green = 500, blue = 750, purple = 1000, orange = 1250.

YahootsMagoondi
03-24-2014, 08:10 AM
For me the weirdness of only getting weapons at your current EGO level is against the MMO's I've played in the past. Two big reasons I don't like it; 1) I have a friend who just picked up Defiance, it would be nice if I could give him some better gear. I know with other MMO's where you actually have skills and classes as requirements it isn't always easy to give stuff to new players, but with the Defiance system it is impossible. I'm salvaging every green and most every blue that drops without a second glance, that's gear my buddy would kill for right now. 2) Since everything that drops is immediately usable, there is no anticipation or motivation involved. Imagine if that legendary AR you just hit the lottery on required your AR level to be at 15 before you could use it, or was a few hundred EGO levels above where you currently are...then you have something to work for and play towards. I have bought stuff I couldn't use yet before, and let me tell you, that rush of hitting the EGO required too equip something that you've been sitting on for a few days or weeks is worth every lame pursuit you otherwise wouldn't bother doing!

DSW
03-24-2014, 08:42 AM
For me the weirdness of only getting weapons at your current EGO level is against the MMO's I've played in the past. Two big reasons I don't like it; 1) I have a friend who just picked up Defiance, it would be nice if I could give him some better gear. I know with other MMO's where you actually have skills and classes as requirements it isn't always easy to give stuff to new players, but with the Defiance system it is impossible. I'm salvaging every green and most every blue that drops without a second glance, that's gear my buddy would kill for right now. 2) Since everything that drops is immediately usable, there is no anticipation or motivation involved. Imagine if that legendary AR you just hit the lottery on required your AR level to be at 15 before you could use it, or was a few hundred EGO levels above where you currently are...then you have something to work for and play towards. I have bought stuff I couldn't use yet before, and let me tell you, that rush of hitting the EGO required too equip something that you've been sitting on for a few days or weeks is worth every lame pursuit you otherwise wouldn't bother doing!

a drop/reward that is higher than your current EGO level could become punishment, esp. if you've xp capped and there's only Echelon pursuits left to advance further.

Extreme Rugburn
03-24-2014, 08:48 AM
I am currently at ego 4624 and I see no reason to continue earning ego other than to max out my last few weapons to level 20. I have all perks unlocked, every weapon I get has all mod slots unlocked, and 5-10 more points into shield capacity is meaningless. I also have a secondary character, like most people over 4000 ego and it isnt because we enjoy the grind. In order to get all the best equipment you must suppliment your efforts with those of others and make in game purchases which require mountains of scrip. I play almost every day, but unfortunately most of the items I acquire cannot be sold do to their ego rating. I have alot of purple weapons that are better than most orange weapons but no one wants to buy them, or those who can already have even better weapons because they have been playing the game for so long. For example I have an Epic (purple) SMG ego 4466 Assassin/Fire Double damage, Double Reload, Ego on Reload and cannot sell it. The thing is a beast, and im actually going to see it not selling as a sign to keep it. I hate selling items to vender or putting them in the matrix when I know their value is so much higher, but I cannot carry all these items. maybe Trion needs to adjust what players get for items. I mean if its value is 7,551 scrip, why am I only geting 1059 scrip?

Amun Ra
03-24-2014, 09:52 AM
you need scrip to purchase something from vendors, like carsVehicles are given to you in quests. :)

and T3 mods. also Epic Mod Hoard = 40k scrip, 75 keys and 50/100 rep. Fair enough, but that about is it, right?
Further: I am EGO 2.422, and I got around just spliffy, Scripwise.
Must be me, I reckon?

white = 250, green = 500, blue = 750, purple = 1000, orange = 1250.My point was: you need far more Salvage than Scrip.
And yes, the Salvage Gain from items is pathetic, really.
Hence this suggestion.
Revamp the Salvage Win on items: 500 for white, 1K for green, 2K for blue, 3.5K for purple, 6K for orange?From an ENTIRE WEEKEND with Loot bonus, I got... 500K worth of Salvage.
Seriously?
Again, this is pathetic.
I have a friend who just picked up Defiance, it would be nice if I could give him some better gear.He can still once he grew into it.
Want to help him, then drag him around going Arkfalls, Incursions, ... Experience and keys are, I think, far more important that a gun he can't use yet, no?
2) Since everything that drops is immediately usable, there is no anticipation or motivation involved.Removing the EGO won't help here, it'll be the very same.
Unless I missed something here, if I did, please elaborate?

@ Extreme: It becomes problematic when people ask prices which are simply far overrated.
In such case, do what I do: use a 'lesser' weapon, in the end, that 2 million piece of iron, will not have such differnt stats than your good (blue, purple?) alter weapon.
People asking such prices do not get my attention.
But hey, that's me, feel free to do what you like to do...
And if you consider that orange that valuable, well, lucky for the seller then. :)

Nefarious
03-24-2014, 10:30 AM
Its would be nice that if you down traded a gun then the stat/rolls of that weapon would change to that lower players Ego level. But it wouldn't work the other way around bc then we would have players trading an awesome gun back and forth just to level up that weapon type. Once it gets traded down and the rolls and level change it stays that way forever.

idk if this even makes sense. I just thought of it quick now.

DSW
03-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Vehicles are given to you in quests. :)

not every vehicle and you cant get black dodge until you most of storyline, but crystal pond is accessible right from beginning.

Fair enough, but that about is it, right?
Further: I am EGO 2.422, and I got around just spliffy, Scripwise.
Must be me, I reckon?
i think its a bit on pricey side for keys. esp. when keys cost scrip again (and when you get 20+ keys from event, its hard time to guess the outcome of event and how many keys you'll lose due to overflow)

[QUOTE=Amun Ra;1443575]
My point was: you need far more Salvage than Scrip.
And yes, the Salvage Gain from items is pathetic, really.
Hence this suggestion.

your point is right. i think mine is too, its just 2x difference in EGO. i've mostly used AS to buy keys and upgrade turrets at volge sieges since ego 4k or so.
salvage gain is pathetic for those who can only play hour or two per day, yet for those who can play for more time it's overwhelming quantities esp. if loot boost is on - you literally get flooded by whites and greens.

From an ENTIRE WEEKEND with Loot bonus, I got... 500K worth of Salvage.
Seriously?
Again, this is pathetic.

i'm about to hit 1.5mil now and i can't find a single use for it other than upgrading siege turrets. maybe will start adding mod slots or xp reset for scrip to other players guns at some point, just as Crasher suggested some time ago.

RAGEFIGHTER
03-24-2014, 10:45 AM
ego levels on weaps are usless i have 2 grenade launchers same compleetly but about 400 ego difference how simply first one i get with my old char on egolevel 400 about i got some help i and i get it to my new character then some time pat my new char gets one more grenade launcher when my new char haves 800 ego level so i have 2 compleetly same greande launchers with different ego levels itsa shtako like alot things in this game i personaly quit till they will quit pushing ppls play in team and make it playable for solo wolfs like me also im pretty tierd from usless deaths besides about weapon egos i know one more reason why they are shtako and not only weapon ego levels all tous purple orange blue items also is sh.. cuz i have 200 ego purple smg wich is 5 times bether than 800 ego orange smg so where to f... is point any ??? usles sistem maybe for item registry not for players propobly to see when you get your item not for you compleetly not for players this ego was ment

hardy83
03-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Maybe a scaling mechanism.

Have higher EGO do slightly, SLIGHTLY more damage, but you can trade the weapon with someone who's lower EGO and they'll still use it, even though it'll be a slightly weaker weapon.

RAGEFIGHTER
03-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Maybe a scaling mechanism.

Have higher EGO do slightly, SLIGHTLY more damage, but you can trade the weapon with someone who's lower EGO and they'll still use it, even though it'll be a slightly weaker weapon.
read my post!!! i have 200 ego weapon wich is 5 times bether than 800 ego and 800 ego smg does not make more damage than 200 ego smg

Amun Ra
03-24-2014, 11:12 AM
i'm about to hit 1.5mil now and i can't find a single use for it other than upgrading siege turretsSend some my way? I have a TON of weapons to mod open. :P
read my post!!! i have 200 ego weapon wich is 5 times bether than 800 ego and 800 ego smg does not make more damage than 200 ego smgIn general a higher EGO item is better, stat-wise. Guess you're one lucky fart then? XD

DSW
03-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Send some my way? I have a TON of weapons to mod open.

you're on pc-eu, iirc? i think i can help you for some scrip :)

RAGEFIGHTER
03-24-2014, 11:25 AM
im not lucky ill explain my discovery example smg i love smg so i take smg basics damage 180 up to 25x i think i had one 25x but it was shtako smal brust shoot thets usles smg how ever once you wear weapon it gives you a usless damage 20 example in stead off 200 thets mastering once matered you open full potential also some synerg and some other opts can increase damage ego levels are totaly usless i bet 5k ego sms still hits 200 dmge same as mine 200+ ego smg unless something like mods added ect

Binky
03-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Completely agree with this, the only advantage on getting to 4000 EGO it`s to get the ARK PREDATOR, nothing else.

Not even that, but I respect your desire for it.

Me?
Meh.
I hate Power Ranger stuff.
Blue jeans and a DEFI T-shirt.
Either that or a good MARPAT or Flecktarn camouflage.

AnGeL
03-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Dont care what they do, but they need to do SOMTHING for us 5k players.

I tried a new character, and hated it, I like MY character, he is the one I worked on, he is the one I like, he is the one I have been playing with for over 10 months, WHY do i have to be penalized for this? really? All of you saying "do this or do that" no, I dont want to, I want to play a game and not have ONLY negative things happen when I level.

I cant trade
I get no Extra DMG
My sheild cap is only raised by maybe 20?
I get no exp or pursuits (obvoiusly, but it adds to the entire "get nothing" feeling)
No longer ANY grenade bonus DMG

I get nothing for my efforts....every other game, in my life that is based on "levels" I get SOMTHING for my efforts...this? Only thing I get is the ability to trade and make scrip gone.

Fine, leave the EGO rating if we cant trade egoless guns, but do SOMTHING, we have been asking for such a long time now....I would ask give us an EGO extension to 7 or 8k, but would that even help anything? no, it would just make that bridge between us all that much longer.

drackiller
03-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Not even that, but I respect your desire for it.

Me?
Meh.
I hate Power Ranger stuff.
Blue jeans and a DEFI T-shirt.
Either that or a good MARPAT or Flecktarn camouflage.
I get your point, my choice of words wasn`t the best i guess. It`s not really an incentive to me , but never the less an incentive to many .

Lucent
03-24-2014, 03:38 PM
I do think with the DLC pursuits, etc, that 5k is too low for the highest level. There were people at 5k long before any DLC and I think there should be some positive to going to the highest level.

Tallon
03-24-2014, 04:56 PM
I guess I'm just greedy. Never sold any thing in defiance (given a few guns to friends though). Unfortunately, my inventory on 2 characters is nearly full of oranges. Makes farming for script/salvage kinda hard.

Deunan
03-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Dont care what they do, but they need to do SOMTHING for us 5k players.

Ask and ye shall receive! (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/03/25/announcing-arktech-revolution/)

Behold, DLC 5 Arktech Revolution brings raised EGO rating cap, additional perks, and increased health, shield and damage capacity! \o/

Seizan
03-24-2014, 09:36 PM
Ask and ye shall receive! (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/03/25/announcing-arktech-revolution/)

Behold, DLC 5 Arktech Revolution brings raised EGO rating cap, additional perks, and increased health, shield and damage capacity! \o/

Where do I go to make livestock sacrifices to the defiance gods?

Atticus Batman
03-24-2014, 09:47 PM
Where do I go to make livestock sacrifices to the defiance gods?

Trick's house!---->

Amun Ra
03-25-2014, 12:29 AM
you're on pc-eu, iirc? i think i can help you for some scrip :)Oh, we are, my friend, we are.
Thy knoweth me well. XD

Dont care what they do, but they need to do SOMTHING for us 5k players.Agreed. +5 (though I am merely 2200'ish, I do feel your pain.
I tried a new character, and hated it, I like MY character, he is the one I worked on, he is the one I like, he is the one I have been playing with for over 10 monthsI have that everywhere.
Any game.
New characters compared to the maxed just SUXXORZ!! XD

Littleweasel
03-25-2014, 03:33 AM
i disagree with removing the level of weapons.
i think instead of remove the level they should add more damage output to a gun depending on its level.

alienoid
03-25-2014, 03:57 AM
There is no economy in this game, I just trash all my crap to vendors or salvage, legendary or not.
There is no need to "level" to the max (horizontal progression, there are no levels actually).
I beat Nim around 1500 ego with crap weapons, no need to get the fat loot.
And once Nim is dead, game is over since the DLCs didn't bring it some real story and quality missions.

What this game needs is content, tons of content, badly.