PDA

View Full Version : Vital Game fixes to preserve games future.

finnegan820
03-24-2014, 10:40 AM
These need to be addressed quickly in order for the game to continue. 1. No vehicles at incursions. Players are using bug guns to hoard keys, in effect other players are not getting the chance for kills.This should be an easy fix. There are other instances that you can't spawn your car. 2. Raise Ego rating limits. Players at 5000 have hit a wall and are getting bored. 3. Raise Key limits, not much, but 125 sounds good. 4. Clear episodic quest lines from players who have done these from map. Waste of space. 5. Nobody does minor WM arkfalls. They again are a waste of space. 6. Warmaster locks should not appear till there is 16-20 players in room. Players are starting these early before enough people are present to have a chance to kill him. 7. Make grenades refillable at ammo boxes. 8. PVP -Duels should have a hardcore barebones setting for players. Everybody has same shield and limited weapons. No Perks. That would be enjoyable for every player not the shield glitching,unicorn weapon a**holes who make it unplayable at times. This is a good start. If anyone has anything to add, please do.

Blondin
03-24-2014, 01:41 PM
Vital fix to preserve reading :

Use "enter" key.

Deunan
03-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Nobody does minor WM arkfalls......because they don't exist. If you mean Minor Arkbreaks the same applies to Minor Arkfalls. This is also an observation, not a fix. You haven't actually proposed anything or even given the reason why this is so. The answer is simple, they offer too little reward. The rewards somehow need to be increased. Adding a completion of event reward of 10,000 points might do this.

finnegan820
03-24-2014, 03:42 PM
All im saying about minor arkbreaks is that no one does them anymore. At least limit them in number, maybe that and other little fixes will relieve some stress on the servers. Lag is a major concern. Many players are leaving, we dont really need more rewards, just a tinkering of the loot table.

Atticus Batman
03-24-2014, 04:01 PM
All im saying about minor arkbreaks is that no one does them anymore. At least limit them in number, maybe that and other little fixes will relieve some stress on the servers. Lag is a major concern. Many players are leaving, we dont really need more rewards, just a tinkering of the loot table.

New people and soloists do them. I do them because hey it's stuff to shoot, and this is a shooter! Leave them here but raise rewards if needed. Removing content from an MMO is a dumb idea. Most of the people that left, did not do it because of the lag. They did it either because of all the issues as a whole, or because there wasn't enough ingame content, or becaues they were only playing this game as a filler until something else came along.

Removing cars from incursions is a dumb idea, because if that is done then the whiners will come on and ask that detonators be removed from incursions, then infectors.....etc...etc

If you don't want the episodics on your map then open your map, and go into the map legend and turn off the episodic markers. Episodics are back to stay as they should be, besides it gives people more to do than there was before they were brought back.

Deunan
03-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Removing cars from incursions is a dumb idea, because if that is done then the whiners will come on and ask that detonators be removed from incursions, then infectors.....etc...etcI don't think it's a dumb idea at all. Let the whiners come. I have plenty of thermos filled with steaming hot ST*U that I'll happily serve them and Trick can hand out the cups. :)

Using weapons at an event to kill mobs is a legitimate intended game mechanic, using vehicles is not. Trick has already made it known that he didn't want them overruning Arkbreak exteriors which is why vehicles explode at the slightest contact with an Arkbreak barrier. It would be consistent to implement a similar mechanic in all event areas and not just Siege locations to discourage that kind of behavior.

Vehicles at events also create a separate unrelated issue as they take up a larger footprint on both the server load and the client load than a player does. It can be very noticeable when a cavalry of players comes flying in ramming their vehicles into the Ark crystal obscuring player view to pretty much everything while causing both frame rate drops and lag.

Tallon
03-24-2014, 04:37 PM
New people and soloists do them. I do them because hey it's stuff to shoot, and this is a shooter! Leave them here but raise rewards if needed. Removing content from an MMO is a dumb idea. Most of the people that left, did not do it because of the lag. They did it either because of all the issues as a whole, or because there wasn't enough ingame content, or becaues they were only playing this game as a filler until something else came along.

Removing cars from incursions is a dumb idea, because if that is done then the whiners will come on and ask that detonators be removed from incursions, then infectors.....etc...etc

If you don't want the episodics on your map then open your map, and go into the map legend and turn off the episodic markers. Episodics are back to stay as they should be, besides it gives people more to do than there was before they were brought back.
+1 I agree, as I consider myself a "someone", and when person say's "nobody plays these anymore" they are trying to take a part of the game away from those of us that do.