PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Arktech Revolution, Defiance's Fifth DLC Pack

Pages : [1] 2

Scapes
03-24-2014, 08:33 PM
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/DLC5Unveil_Blog.jpg (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/03/25/announcing-arktech-revolution)

Ark hunters! We're proud to formally announce our next DLC pack, Arktech Revolution. Defiance's fifth DLC introduces an arkfall's worth of new features as well as revolutionary updates to core gameplay elements. Welcome to the new age!

Read this article on the website. (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/03/25/announcing-arktech-revolution)

Deunan
03-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Defiance's fifth DLC introduces an arkfall's worth of new features as well as revolutionary updates to core gameplay elements.

Ruh roh!!!!

It looks interesting but I can't help but get the impression that in some ways it's moving away from a core concept that player A who just started the game can team up with player B who is EGO 4000 plus with Epic and Legendary gear and not have any real difficulties playing the same game.

JEMINAI
03-24-2014, 09:04 PM
This does sound good.
i am pleased.

Scapes
03-24-2014, 09:13 PM
I can't help but get the impression that in some ways it's moving away from a core concept that player A who just started the game can team up with player B who is EGO 4000 plus with Epic and Legendary gear and not have any real difficulties playing the same game.

Our goal is for the dynamic scaling feature to make it so that players of any level can play together. We'll have more in-depth details on how this is accomplished in a developer write-up in the coming weeks.

Midori Oku
03-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Finally, being a high EGO level will actually mean more than just shield capacity and extra health. Plus I like the difficulty changes. Does the enemy scaling apply to bosses at all?

Edit: Do the nano effects still have the effects they have now? For example, radiation gives you 25% extra damage when it procs?

WhiteF8ng
03-24-2014, 09:24 PM
This right here:

EGO Rating Cap Increased and New Perks Added

While you’ve been hunting and modding the finest extraterrestrial equipment arkfalls can provide, your EGO has been working on upgrades of its own. Arktech Revolution introduces an increased EGO rating cap to reach along with new powerful perks on the EGO grid and a higher EGO unit cap to claim them. We’re just getting started, read on to learn how EGO is changing in other ways!

EGO Rating Progression and New Enemy Difficulty Tiers

EGO rating is about to mean more than ever before. For ark hunters, a higher EGO rating will now impart a much larger effect on damage, health, and shield capacity. Similarly, the damage output of weapons will now scale based on their power rating.

http://media3.giphy.com/media/AT6LbRAazEoPm/giphy.gif

Elated...I am...

Deunan
03-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Finally, being a high EGO level will actually mean more than just shield capacity and extra health.I was under the impression that health was static?

Midori Oku
03-24-2014, 09:35 PM
I was under the impression that health was static?

There is a thread (I can't find it) that had a test showing that you gain small amounts of HP with EGO levels. I also believe there was a developer response saying that there is an increase in health somewhere on the forums. At the moment I don't think it means too much though.

WhiteF8ng
03-24-2014, 09:36 PM
I was under the impression that health was static?

Nope. At max EGO you have more health than lower EGOs. Can't remember the exact number but Dahanese posted it in one of those questions from the community threads (not to be confused with the livestream questions).

EDIT: and what Midori said...

18. How many bonus health points are granted based on the EGO level (source)?
At 5000, players have 1/3 more health than they started with, not included benefits from perks.

I wonder: Since weapons will gain strength with EGO rating will the rarity bonus be done away with?

Fuzzle
03-24-2014, 10:00 PM
This update definitely sounds interesting. I can't say one way or the other whether it's a change for the better until I get my hands on it. Having my ego level actually be worth something however does have a nice ring to it.

But.. what are we paying for?
Do we have to buy the DLC to get the new perks and ego levels?
There's no new missions? No new areas? No new outfits? Pursuits? Vehicles? Weapon types?

This DLC looks to be just overhauling the game we're already playing in the same way grenades and scoring did.

There also seems to be some information missing. Wasn't the paradise faction supposed to be involved in this DLC?

InfamousBrad
03-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Bio-nano weapons force people to spend money to repair their armor? Ah, I see -- so those are the griefer weapons in PvP. (Only half kidding.)

Nefarious
03-24-2014, 10:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/b295jQ4.gif

Seems great. Very cool blog post.

I would like to know of how in depth the rehauling of the weapons, perks, and powers is going to be, or if that is even a thought.

Arsenic_Touch
03-24-2014, 10:31 PM
So is this just going to be just a core mechanics change, or is there going to be some actual story content with this DLC?

Because these mechanic changes are great but it feels like you're pretty much just delivering old stuff with a new bow, again. Like with the previous updates, you're trying to fit as much as you can into a small area to make it appear more busy and filled in than it really is. For such a tiny map, there really is a lot of open areas that you don't take advantage of.

Are we going to see some real content updates any time soon, with this DLC or in the future? (is this the last DLC ever or will there be more?) If it wasn't obvious, this is about map expansion and actual storylines. Not these little episodic missions we've been getting.

And I mean real map expansion, you need to be bringing in at least equal or greater to the current amount of open land for the map updates because this is quite frankly the smallest world I've ever seen in an mmo and you don't even utilize the current map to it's fullest extent.

How many new perks, how high of an ego increase, will this ego increase be retroactive?
Will there be an increase in the amount of perks that can be equipped?
Will you address the previous damage reduction nerf that pretty much screwed over pvp?

The temporary buff to address the scaling for lower level ego players. Will this work similar to the system in guild wars 2 when you go into world vs world where it bumps up all your base stats to max level? your equipment stays the same, you just have the higher base stats. Or is this a complete buff to make you equal to other higher level ego players?

How will this be incorporated into pvp? what matter of balancing will there be for pvp and this overhaul?

Each and every of the proposed changes sounds wonderful, though these sort of things should've been in there from the start. But these changes will ultimately be meaningless if you don't flesh out the world more.

Aftershock
03-24-2014, 10:33 PM
for those of you who may have missed it "With all-new levels of raw power at your disposal, team up with your fellow ark hunters to tackle new expert versions of all co-op maps featuring the new enemy difficulty tiers! Defeating these challenging instances will not only reward you boasting rights but also new special tokens that can be spent to purchase legendary weapons and mods directly from certain vendors." i think this has something to do with the paradise faction.

THE GUDGE
03-24-2014, 10:54 PM
Outfits look abit like Assassin's Creed style or is it me ? i like the one on the right looks BADASS

JEMINAI
03-24-2014, 10:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/b295jQ4.gif

Seems great. Very cool blog post.

I would like to know of how in depth the rehauling of the weapons, perks, and powers is going to be, or if that is even a thought.

and the chance to give names to our weapons?

JEMINAI
03-24-2014, 10:57 PM
So is this just going to be just a core mechanics change, or is there going to be some actual story content with this DLC?

Because these mechanic changes are great but it feels like you're pretty much just delivering old stuff with a new bow, again. Like with the previous updates, you're trying to fit as much as you can into a small area to make it appear more busy and filled in than it really is. For such a tiny map, there really is a lot of open areas that you don't take advantage of.

Are we going to see some real content updates any time soon, with this DLC or in the future? (is this the last DLC ever or will there be more?) If it wasn't obvious, this is about map expansion and actual storylines. Not these little episodic missions we've been getting.

And I mean real map expansion, you need to be bringing in at least equal or greater to the current amount of open land for the map updates because this is quite frankly the smallest world I've ever seen in an mmo and you don't even utilize the current map to it's fullest extent.

How many new perks, how high of an ego increase, will this ego increase be retroactive?
Will you address the previous damage reduction nerf that pretty much screwed over pvp?

Each and every of the proposed changes sounds wonderful, though these sort of things should've been in there from the start. But these changes will ultimately be meaningless if you don't flesh out the world more.

i honestly thought they would just offer another perk slot or 2 for 5ks

Chump Norris
03-24-2014, 11:09 PM
I wonder how much of this will be free for everyone. Depending on the answer you guys may get a little more money out of me after all :)

Dar Katan
03-24-2014, 11:15 PM
Interesting. So far, I approve of all these changes. Looking forward to seeing more.

Defiance just got a bit more, tasty.

Dar Katan
03-24-2014, 11:16 PM
for those of you who may have missed it "With all-new levels of raw power at your disposal, team up with your fellow ark hunters to tackle new expert versions of all co-op maps featuring the new enemy difficulty tiers! Defeating these challenging instances will not only reward you boasting rights but also new special tokens that can be spent to purchase legendary weapons and mods directly from certain vendors." i think this has something to do with the paradise faction.

Good catch.

Fuzzle
03-24-2014, 11:51 PM
will this ego increase be retroactive?

Pretty sure I can answer most of that.
Previously they had a web page that you could see your ego level on, even if it was above 5k, so somewhere they were keeping track of it. With a cap increase, we should see our EGOs rise retroactively.

With that said, the number of levels is also defined by the number of perks you can purchase, and if you can purchase new perks, there will be new levels. We will most likely have to grind the XP to be able to gain those new levels. As far as I'm aware, XP above and beyond the current max isn't kept track of.

hardy83
03-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Please give us the ability to EGO cap without PvPing. lol

I know you want to encourage PvP and people should be able to get get EGO levels from pursuits and leveling in PvP, but please let there be PvE ways, even if slower, of capping.
If that doesn't already exist.

Tekrunner
03-25-2014, 12:03 AM
This all sounds pretty exciting to me. More than any of the previous DLC so far. I knew the fire weapons that have been collecting dust in my inventory would become useful one day!

Iceberg
03-25-2014, 12:03 AM
Wonder if they are going to over haul the pvp system then, low ego players vs high ego players seems a bit unfair with the new changes they are talking about. Not sure how much they are planning on charging players to fix their armor plating at extraction points either.

Handle
03-25-2014, 01:37 AM
EGO rating is about to mean more than ever before. For ark hunters, a higher EGO rating will now impart a much larger effect on damage, health, and shield capacity. Similarly, the damage output of weapons will now scale based on their power rating.

Not to be outdone, enemies will now be more difficult to match players’ new DPS potential. In addition to the difference between standard and elite enemies being more pronounced, new enemy difficulty tiers featuring enhanced abilities and updated designs will be introduced.

Low EGO rating players will be able to stand in fights with these high-level foes by means of a special temporary buff.

So we will be moving away from the mostly EGO "just tracks progression" idea towards EGO is actually a power rating model. So now EGO, for both characters, weapons, and enemies, mirrors levels in a typical MMORPG. How is this a good thing for Defiance?

I thought one of the major points of the original gameplay design was to step away from the standard "Levels=power" model of traditional MMORPGs to a model where the game is mostly based on shooter-type motor coordination skill, and EGO was mostly a progress tracker for how far you had gotten. That's why I still play the game, and I'd really like to know why, at least in my opinion, we are taking a major step backwards.

JEMINAI
03-25-2014, 02:13 AM
So we will be moving away from the mostly EGO "just tracks progression" idea towards EGO is actually a power rating model. So now EGO, for both characters, weapons, and enemies, mirrors levels in a typical MMORPG. How is this a good thing for Defiance?

I thought one of the major points of the original gameplay design was to step away from the standard "Levels=power" model of traditional MMORPGs to a model where the game is mostly based on shooter-type motor coordination skill, and EGO was mostly a progress tracker for how far you had gotten. That's why I still play the game, and I'd really like to know why, at least in my opinion, we are taking a major step backwards.

but where does that leave endgame?
5K players will now have an incentive to stick around. where previously we had nothing.
and this game is a unique mixture of shooter+MMO.
no reason to stop mixing it up. MMO means expansion. keeping it a console shooter is a dead end.
which raises another question... how big could this game get being on consoles? (as im not a console user)
are there not hardware limitations or has that been covered with the new models?

duction
03-25-2014, 02:14 AM
" EGO rating is about to mean more than ever before. For ark hunters, a higher EGO rating will now impart a much larger effect on damage, health, and shield capacity. Similarly, the damage output of weapons will now scale based on their power rating. Got your very favorite gun already modded with epics? We’ll also be adding a new Salvage Matrix function that can increase a weapon’s power rating! "

From this I take that, higher ego of player the more dmg and power you have, is this just off ego rating or the ability to use the Salvage matrix to raise the guns level to raise its dmg output?

The higher your ego the higher you can upgrade your guns

I like this idea,

Blondin
03-25-2014, 03:16 AM

+1 Completely agree, this is not the game I bought, I really don't understand what is in the mind of design team, why do you change every aspect of the game that nobody asked for, I mean grenades, scoring, and now WOW RPG type leveling... The community made a lot of good suggestions, and you have plenty of stuff to add like market and housing, but no, you rather like to change the gameplay of the game.

This is not what I'm asking for, and this is not what I'm waiting in a dlc, a dlc should bring new content, not transforming every aspect of the game... you have so little creativity and idea that you can only change the existing and never create new things?

There was plenty of way to add stuff to do for high EGO toon, but you choose the simplest and mundane that we see in every other games. Defiance was special, you just change it to make it something savorless. Don't you ever learn of your mistake, c'mon the grenade change doesn't show you that you were in the wrong way?

Let see how thing goes, but if you give us only this unexpected change in the dlc with nothing more, like story or something to do, I hope for you that you have more for season 2. I don't understand that you work on stuff like that while community asked since day one for new maps, market, vehicle customization, and housing.

Again, you completely miss the point, I want a real DLC, not changing the game I bought.

Littleweasel
03-25-2014, 03:31 AM
so basically what Trion is calling dlc 5 is again just another update like 3 was still not opening up the map, and still not giving us anything new to the game only updating the game so it plays different than before. i surely hope they do not add another season pass asking us to pay for more updates to the game. :mad::mad::mad:

Tekrunner
03-25-2014, 03:46 AM

The thing is, this model has reached its limits. As Trick once said, the problem is that some numbers go up, while some others don't. So for example right now you are penalized at EGO 5000 by the fact that it's very difficult to sell or trade weapons that you find: there aren't many other EGO 5k players, and most of them already have a ton of good guns already. This makes no sense, given how EGO 5k weapons are currently not any more powerful than EGO 2k ones.

And don't forget the whole dynamic scaling and buffing thing. One of the main advantages of horizontal progression is that everyone can play together, no matter their level. If they manage to get this new system right, they could reap benefits from both vertical (better sense of progression, no penalties for having a high EGO) and horizontal (everyone can play together, skill and execution matters more than raw level and power) systems.

I also really doubt that we will see something like Borderlands 2-style exponential level scaling. Defiance is a game of small percentage increases. I expect that to continue to be true.

duction
03-25-2014, 03:58 AM
They haven't said ego 5000 weapons are getting a buff, it says the higher your ego the better you can upgrade/make your guns more powerful, good reason to work for ego 5000 or what ever that cap says, hence the salvage matrix being used to upgrade your weapons power.

Blondin
03-25-2014, 04:10 AM
The thing is, this model has reached its limits. As Trick once said, the problem is that some numbers go up, while some others don't. So for example right now you are penalized at EGO 5000 by the fact that it's very difficult to sell or trade weapons that you find: there aren't many other EGO 5k players, and most of them already have a ton of good guns already. This makes no sense, given how EGO 5k weapons are currently not any more powerful than EGO 2k ones.
They should just introduce a system that allow you to "degrade" the EGO of a weapon, like 500k salvage to make an EGO 5000 weapon to an EGO 1 weapon, or something like that, thus anybody can sell or buy a weapon knowing that will cost him x salvage to use it sooner.

And don't forget the whole dynamic scaling and buffing thing.
Yup, that's where I don't see any interest in this system, what is the meaning to do more damages if the mobs have more health?

If at EGO 100, I do 10 damages and mobs have 100 health, I have to shoot him 10 times.
If at EGO 1000, I do 100 damages and mobs have 1000 health, I have to shoot him 10 times.
It's the same, the only difference is that I could say to a noob that I do 10 times more damages than him... otherwise there is no gameplay interest in such system, this is false leveling, and just an illusion.

alienoid
03-25-2014, 04:11 AM
I might get it wrong but it sounds like we are moving from the core concept (no levels, horizontal progression, everyone is equal) to a more vertical common mmo crap ?
Defiance until now had a very unique feel.
All it needs is a major injection of content (tons of missions, story arcs, map expansion).
What it doesn't need at all is becoming yet another mmo with little content imho.

Deirachel
03-25-2014, 04:27 AM
I can understand the idea of pushing the envelope and trying something new.

But, I am seriously doubting the thought process of the dev team at this point. Yes, the guy who admitted to being a Trion fanboy/white knight, not even two weeks ago, is saying "what the frack, Trion?".

At this point, I honestly don't even care if these changes with make the game "better" or "more enjoyable to play".

There is NO reason to be changing the core mechanics of the game. The grenade thing I could understand to a point. But, stop doing this. This is NOT what anyone expected from DLC, ESPECIALLY those of us who bought a season pass. I started doing some research using "the Google". I've yet to find a single DLC for any other game which changed core mechanics as completely as what you have been doing. Nor have I found a SINGLE full season of DLCs (my arbitrary cut off is 3 or more DLCs for a season) for an MMO, adventure, or RPG game which did not add new areas to play in. Heck, even games like the CoD series (where the story really doesn't matter) have new maps!

This is bone-headed, incorrect thinking. If you want to build a game with these concepts, by all means DO SO. Put together a new team to do it, and make a new game title.

If you quit spending SO much time trying to rebuild the game from ground up, then you could have been using all this time to fix the bugs which have been around since beta, or fixed the problems with server lag and latency. And, you still would have had time to have created 5 DLCs which were meaningful, story-driven additions to the worldlore with USEFUL and REPEATEDLY requested additions to the game (such as an auction house/market, player housing/storage).

Sadly, the worst part of all of this is WHY? You have not given any REASON for making these changes to anyone outside of the office. We, the players, who are on this forum haven't asked for any of this. So, who is requesting this? We've asked for MORE THINGS TO DO, not different ways to do things we already are doing.

It is hard to support a game (and thus a COMPANY) and to continue to tell my friends to "just try it, I think you'll like it" when every DLC changes the game's mechanics.

N3gativeCr33p
03-25-2014, 05:23 AM
Not to be outdone, enemies will now be more difficult to match players’ new DPS potential. In addition to the difference between standard and elite enemies being more pronounced, new enemy difficulty tiers featuring enhanced abilities and updated designs will be introduced. Ark hunters aren’t the only ones who have been benefiting from arkfalls!

Yay... so it already sounds like the WM battle will be a greater PITA than it is right now. :rolleyes:

(Did we mention they drop better loot too? Because they do.)

I'll believe this when I see it. That is, if I even have the drive and determination to turn the game on by the time this "DLC" releases.

R69L
03-25-2014, 05:28 AM
Sounds exciting. Can't wait to see you guys reveal more in depth things on it. Also you said more info in the coming weeks so that means it is either releasing 15th, 22nd, or 29th of April. Im norrowing it down. ;)

Tekrunner
03-25-2014, 05:29 AM
Sadly, the worst part of all of this is WHY? You have not given any REASON for making these changes to anyone outside of the office. We, the players, who are on this forum haven't asked for any of this. So, who is requesting this? We've asked for MORE THINGS TO DO, not different ways to do things we already are doing.

When you say "we" I think you mean "some of the players, including myself". Many people have asked Trion to make high EGO more appealing. Many people have asked for the EGO cap to be raised, and new perks added. Many people have asked for hard-mode coops.

Yup, that's where I don't see any interest in this system, what is the meaning to do more damages if the mobs have more health?

If at EGO 100, I do 10 damages and mobs have 100 health, I have to shoot him 10 times.
If at EGO 1000, I do 100 damages and mobs have 1000 health, I have to shoot him 10 times.
It's the same, the only difference is that I could say to a noob that I do 10 times more damages than him... otherwise there is no gameplay interest in such system, this is false leveling, and just an illusion.

But that's not quite how these systems usually work. As you level up, the enemies you encounter become stronger. As a result, you need to either use higher level weapons or increase the level of your existing weapons to keep up. And enemies will presumably not just get more HP and damage. The new "grandmaster" tier of enemies is supposed to get "enhanced abilities", which I'm guessing (hoping?) means new behavior, attacks and strong / weak points.

Arsenic_Touch
03-25-2014, 05:40 AM
When you say "we" I think you mean "some of the players, including myself". Many people have asked Trion to make high EGO more appealing. Many people have asked for the EGO cap to be raised, and new perks added. Many people have asked for hard-mode coops.

What makes that post you quoted funny? they said they were doing this in the past, at least the ego progression, people have been quite vocal about it since the beginning for a lot of these changes. They're now giving people a sense of accomplishment and it's a bad thing? haha.

Trick said that the current system is not what they envisioned and it doesn't really work, despite the people that think otherwise. So I'm looking forward to this overhaul because the game has become stale and fizzled out. You have to be blind not to see that.

Blondin
03-25-2014, 05:48 AM
But that's not quite how these systems usually work. As you level up, the enemies you encounter become stronger. As a result, you need to either use higher level weapons or increase the level of your existing weapons to keep up. And enemies will presumably not just get more HP and damage. The new "grandmaster" tier of enemies is supposed to get "enhanced abilities", which I'm guessing (hoping?) means new behavior, attacks and strong / weak points.
Let's hope, Tek, let's hope...
As you see things, new enemies, new gameplay, new behaviours, new abilities, yes, it's appealing, as I know Trion design team, old content reskinned, it's depressing...

Tbh, I just hope you're right, and I would like to still have your enthusiasm :)

drackiller
03-25-2014, 05:49 AM
I`m so waiting for DA:I to put my PS4 on 100% play time...

alienoid
03-25-2014, 05:52 AM
Trick said that the current system is not what they envisioned and it doesn't really work, despite the people that think otherwise. So I'm looking forward to this overhaul because the game has become stale and fizzled out. You have to be blind not to see that.
101 with a bigger pew pew, bigger enemies, a couple of fancy perks is still just 101. Nothing new. Still the same stale and fizzled game.
Trick is supposed to be the narrative designer. Time to get some narration done I'd say.

VIC757
03-25-2014, 06:22 AM
In my heart, I'm optimistic cause I love playing this game when it works. Historically though, I'm wondering how many weeks after release that they get this implemented correctly. They have shown us in the past that some of their changes to game mechanics can adversely affect server stability. This time around they're making so many changes that I'm fearful that the game will be another round of rage fest. I'm wondering how the servers will handle buffs on the fly as different level players come and leave arkfalls, contracts sites, inc, etc. I'm sure they are hoping to improve player retention and regain lost players but how will the increased population affect stability? I'm cautiously optimistic, I guess.

Stefanwulfe
03-25-2014, 06:32 AM
for those of you who may have missed it "With all-new levels of raw power at your disposal, team up with your fellow ark hunters to tackle new expert versions of all co-op maps featuring the new enemy difficulty tiers! Defeating these challenging instances will not only reward you boasting rights but also new special tokens that can be spent to purchase legendary weapons and mods directly from certain vendors." .
Did they say Legendary mods?

Arsenic_Touch
03-25-2014, 06:46 AM

Not specifically, but they are planned for a later date.

OldestGamer
03-25-2014, 07:57 AM
In my heart, I'm optimistic cause I love playing this game when it works. Historically though, I'm wondering how many weeks after release that they get this implemented correctly. They have shown us in the past that some of their changes to game mechanics can adversely affect server stability. This time around they're making so many changes that I'm fearful that the game will be another round of rage fest. I'm wondering how the servers will handle buffs on the fly as different level players come and leave arkfalls, contracts sites, inc, etc. I'm sure they are hoping to improve player retention and regain lost players but how will the increased population affect stability? I'm cautiously optimistic, I guess.

My thoughts exactly,Please fix xbox n/a's playabilty,disappearing enemies doesn't happen on other x-box games!

wartitan
03-25-2014, 08:20 AM

It's funny, because I read that entire blog post and the thing I commented on out loud to myself was "legendary mods?". All the other stuff sounds great, I guess having never played traditional MMOs with vertical progression, these changes that have been listed are welcome changes in my book.

What's so bad about MMOs like WoW, they have been wildly successful MMOs with a playerbase that is dedicated and sticks around. They must have done something right...

duction
03-25-2014, 08:26 AM
They said in a live stream a few weeks back the orange mods were coming.

wartitan
03-25-2014, 08:28 AM
Glad I didn't spend ridiculous amounts on purple mods since all of them are going to be dropping in price...I just hope they provide a better pricing model to getting the mod hoards, right now they are stupid expensive....

El Horse
03-25-2014, 08:36 AM
Any news on what gamebreaking bugs/glitches will be introduced with DLC 5 or will we just get the same recycled lag issues.

Xervez
03-25-2014, 08:42 AM

The temporary buff to address the scaling for lower level ego players. Will this work similar to the system in guild wars 2 when you go into world vs world where it bumps up all your base stats to max level? your equipment stays the same, you just have the higher base stats. Or is this a complete buff to make you equal to other higher level ego players?

How will this be incorporated into pvp? what matter of balancing will there be for pvp and this overhaul?

Please answer these questions, in as much detail as possible to help restore and keep the faith from your players...

@Technical Design Director Peter Ju and Creative Lead Trick Dempsey, is this to be considered the shield revamp and weapon balance update also?

ironcladtrash
03-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Over all I like the sound of it. Finally a benefit to being high ego. However depending on how it's implemented in PVP it will make PVP even more unbalanced.

It also sounds like there might finally be reason to use a weapon with out a Nano effect. Which is something else we have been saying for a while that non Nano guns shouldn't exist especially legendary's because there is 0 benefit to them. Now they will be the balanced gun.

"Did we mention they drop better loot too? Because they do." - So any bets on how long it takes for this to get nerfed in a bug, denied for weeks and then said it was done on purpose because god forbid they do anything to lessen the horrible grind. I say 30 days.

duction
03-25-2014, 08:52 AM
Non nano guns have a point now? Say what?

ironcladtrash
03-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Non nano guns have a point now? Say what?

It looks like they are tring to give a positive and negative reason to use a Nano. That way you have to think more about your load out. Not all of the effects say what the downside is to using them but I'd be willing to bet there will be.

"
We’re not done yet, wasteland warriors! Prepare to theorycraft because your equipment loadouts just got a little more complex. Defiance’s weapons damage types are getting a major overhaul to increase their impact on gameplay.
Incendiary: Deals increased damage to health and less to shields.
Electric: Deals increased damage to shields and less to health.
Syphon: Steals some health from shield damage and lots from health damage.
Radiation: Deals a percentage of damage directly, bypassing armor plates.
Bio: Deals increased damage to armor plates.

Wait, what are armor plates? We’re glad you asked! Armor is a new damage-mitigating buff granted passively by shield equipment and temporarily by perks, stims, or spikes. Unlike shields, armor does not regenerate when excessive damage breaks it but it can be repaired at extraction points"

Rampage zR
03-25-2014, 09:13 AM
this update is cool and all but where is the DLC?

spweasel
03-25-2014, 09:14 AM
I'm guessing the expert dungeons are DLC-exclusive, but if Armor Plates and the higher EGO/new Perks are also exclusive I'll be pretty upset. I plan on buying the DLCs eventually, but I don't want one of them to be a requirement in order to compete at all in non-DLC content.

The other changes seem questionable. I'm all for the Consumable changes, but making EGO too much of a factor risks leaving lowbie players in the dust at large events - since there aren't leveled areas like other progression MMOs, it's going to be extremely difficult to balance leveled content.

The nano-effect change seems like the worst change, though. Is my Electric Shotgun suddenly going to be next to worthless against Hellbugs since they don't have Shields? It's already hard enough to get an acceptable weapon to drop, so rendering some weapons strictly worse (by a wide margin) against certain enemy groups is a headache for people who generally don't sweat the min/max.

bigguy
03-25-2014, 09:18 AM
My first thought is what have i already paid for as a season pass holder because it seems as if everything that has been mentioned is for the whole of the community and therefore i gave you money for something that everyone else is getting for free. So what are the season pass holders getting for their money?

Arsenic_Touch
03-25-2014, 09:59 AM
The nano-effect change seems like the worst change, though. Is my Electric Shotgun suddenly going to be next to worthless against Hellbugs since they don't have Shields? It's already hard enough to get an acceptable weapon to drop, so rendering some weapons strictly worse (by a wide margin) against certain enemy groups is a headache for people who generally don't sweat the min/max.

That's actually one of the best changes. They're actually given a purpose to nano effects. Your electric gun may end up being weaker towards hellbugs, but a radiation or bio may end up being even better against hellbugs than ever before. Your electric will also be even better against the hardest mob in the game (dark matter) so what's the issue?

And it's not hard to get an acceptable weapon to drop, it's hard to get a great weapon to drop. You can buy acceptable weapons from the vendors and perform just fine.

hardy83
03-25-2014, 10:02 AM
As long as the damage and power difference between an EGO 1 player and EGO 5000 player is not drastic like in most gear based MMOs, I'll be okay with it.

DEATHBRINGER210
03-25-2014, 10:10 AM
still no map expansion

Nefarious
03-25-2014, 10:10 AM
They haven't said ego 5000 weapons are getting a buff, it says the higher your ego the better you can upgrade/make your guns more powerful, good reason to work for ego 5000 or what ever that cap says, hence the salvage matrix being used to upgrade your weapons power.

^^this (I lean to think) for anyone who is worried about level 5000s just getting an automatic buff across the board. Its probably going to take a lot of resources to buff a single gun. And Im sure Trion thought of a cap of how powerful a gun can get. They probably don't go past Legendary stats.

And I think from what Im guessing is that a player who lucks out and gets a Oj Assault Rifle at a beginner level of 243 for example can now keep that gun and level it up as they level up and earn those higher level rolls when they reach over a 1000. Whereas before they would out grow it and just throw it away.

So if you have a really good blue or purple gun at any level you can upgrade it up to orange, then reset the master roll perhaps?? Then name it? I tend to think if it does work like this then once you upgrade a weapon to the next tier/color then those new rolls would be permanent unlike the ability to re-roll the master bonus? If this is indeed the case then lower tier guns white/green/blue would have something of value to those who have the resources to spend to take a shot to upgrade them to earn a set of desired/perfect rolls on them.

Although the idea of all this is cool this is all hypotheticals on how I think how all this works and in no way the truth.

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
03-25-2014, 10:37 AM
114 Oj guns i have of different class from anything light to ranging of anything heavy Plus 1 OJ CLuster grenade.
I always told everyone is best to keep everything u got of what u need might come in handy for the future.

This DLC and changes sound like THIS IS IT lol

I think it is time for us to start saving lots and Lots and LOTS and LLOOTTSS of ark salvage lol

RAGEFIGHTER
03-25-2014, 10:49 AM
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/DLC5Unveil_Blog.jpg (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/03/25/announcing-arktech-revolution)

Ark hunters! We're proud to formally announce our next DLC pack, Arktech Revolution. Defiance's fifth DLC introduces an arkfall's worth of new features as well as revolutionary updates to core gameplay elements. Welcome to the new age!

Read this article on the website. (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/03/25/announcing-arktech-revolution)

sounds realy good on first look i almost lost my hope and trust in this game devs i hope i wont get disapointment again specialy give out my hopes on ego = ability increase and enemys balanced acording players level !!
how ever iff thiss will succes then congratz dev you impressed mee and got my positive back wich i had when i played before tous 3 and 4 dlc

Scapes
03-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Although the idea of all this is cool this is all hypotheticals on how I think how all this works and in no way the truth.

We'll be going in-depth on all of these topics before Arktech Revolution launches. Hang in there.

Quebra Regra
03-25-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm concerned about this armor repair mechanic... more script/salvage cost to repair from being shot by Hoodinis and through cover?

Having armor regenerate sounds better...

RAGEFIGHTER
03-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Please give us the ability to EGO cap without PvPing. lol

I know you want to encourage PvP and people should be able to get get EGO levels from pursuits and leveling in PvP, but please let there be PvE ways, even if slower, of capping.
If that doesn't already exist.

im with you !!! i hate pvp and pursuits its imnposible to fight invis in pvp and pursuits have no idea how to hh they get scores so high so im mostly trying to arkfall icurisitions daily contracts

Nefarious
03-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Maybe the Protection Spike will now function to regenerate armor plates instead of making players near invincible while in its range..

RAGEFIGHTER
03-25-2014, 11:13 AM
so basically what Trion is calling dlc 5 is again just another update like 3 was still not opening up the map, and still not giving us anything new to the game only updating the game so it plays different than before. i surely hope they do not add another season pass asking us to pay for more updates to the game. :mad::mad::mad:

dont say theth iff they realy sucess all what they promise and yea bug checked and fixed before not adding more bugs to existing ill take my helm off in way to show respect to dev team and sireously i was wery disapointed about them before this thread

firemist
03-25-2014, 11:19 AM
One thing for sure, and it's not to pi33 on anyone's parade, but once I know the date of the DLC, I'm going to stay as far away as humanly possible from the game, not wanting a repeat of the experience of 2 weeks ago, where the DLC actually wreaked havoc in the game. At this point, I simply do not trust the QA process for deploying DLCs, so instead of going ape3**** because of disconnection problems and so on (need I remind you of more ?), I prefer to abstain and keep what little sanity I have left.

That being said, if the DLC delivers what it promises, should be interesting, more so because of the EGO cap level which will help people who have higher ego toons and can't really benefit from the game rewards or even weapons market.

CRIXDA
03-25-2014, 11:20 AM
We'll be going in-depth on all of these topics before Arktech Revolution launches. Hang in there.

(Hey Scapes, I don't know you man and You don't know me. We haven't had any communication back and forth whatsoever.
Now, having said that - I am really sorry about Your toes man.)

So "Hang in there"?
I don't see where I am given a choice AT ALL.
You already got my Season's Pass money so I really don't have an option other than to sit and wait for another lukewarm offering if it will even be that good. I will be honest : I AM PISSED OFF.
I actually like the Gunslinger content but I would like more actual cutscenes and to see the characters that We are working for and all of that.
DLC 3 was an ADD ON.
DLC 2 was decent.
DLC 1 was okay but I gave a serious pass on it because it was the first and We were starving for it and it was a train wreck and it all crashed and happened so fast but it smoothed out.
No more passes, no more decent, no more okay, NO MORE ADD ONs.
We wanted more map, we begged for more map for A YEAR!
"Oh yeah, It's coming! In the first...no the third....uh.....in ONE OF the DLCs"
Jeez.
Hang in there.

So we wait for the show to come back on and someone says "are you getting the second Season's Pass?"
For 5 more releases of Add ons?
This next one is the true test of your real care for the people who are playing Defiance and buying bits and grinding away at the game.
Don't leave insult to injury.

Knightmage
03-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Personally I'm looking forward to the changes. There are to many nay sayers who in one breath say the game doesn't work, has uber glitches and bugs, and is not hard enough, yet in the next breath are the one's complaining that the game is being changed, that things are trying to be addressed (because it's not in the manner they desire,) and that it'll become too difficult to play. Defiance is a game in it's infancy, it is changing and evolving until the developers find the right game model that both works and provides the maximum enjoyment for all. Change is good people, don't judge the DLC before you've put hands on, if you go into it thinking that it's going to be flawed your not going to enjoy it because you've already got you mind set that it will suck. Just my two cents.

RAGEFIGHTER
03-25-2014, 11:23 AM
shut up !! and goo sleep! whoo needs something new is old one isnt playable ok yes it shuldnt bee a dlc it shuld bee general game fix but hell its bether tahn than open new game content more more more bugs bugs bugs maybee they are not on exactly right way but hell its positive from my thinking way

RAGEFIGHTER
03-25-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm concerned about this armor repair mechanic... more script/salvage cost to repair from being shot by Hoodinis and through cover?

armor repair ?? since when you have armor in defiance what it gives to you and how to hell you repair it?? outfits?? they arent gives anything ok i realy wish they worth more than just visual

duction
03-25-2014, 11:27 AM
I for one am looking forward to it!

RAGEFIGHTER
03-25-2014, 11:39 AM
ps iff thruly dlc means new maps weapons chars ect actualy skins also sometimes but its shtako yess most off theyr released dlcs dosent have reqierments to bee announced as downloadable content just updates and game fixes but im still positive so far and iff 5dlc will bee sucessful hell they got my money for season pass2 but however its only iff 5dlc will make game playable iven for punks like mee :)

maverick07
03-25-2014, 01:04 PM
I also really doubt that we will see something like Borderlands 2-style exponential level scaling. Defiance is a game of small percentage increases. I expect that to continue to be true.

I hope so. I don't really want to see ARs doing thousands of DMG per shot lol. That was one of the few things that bugged me about BL2. Wish they would have done scaling similar to the 1st one :mad:.

I am excited about what I am hearing with this next DLC! Like others though, I really want to know more details about things, and of course some news on a map expansion would be nice.

Edit
I kind of got a little concerned when I read this again though

Low EGO rating players will be able to stand in fights with these high-level foes by means of a special temporary buff.

I want to know how much of a difference scaling between low EGO and high EGO gear will be. Now a lot of my gear is high EGO, but will a lower EGO weapon I have even be viable at all, if I don't upgrade it's EGO level. That is one of the big questions I have. I think all gear should be viable for all players, and if you want to upgrade a low EGO gun to get a little extra DMG, you have that option. Kinda like how things are now with purple mods. They are costly, but are not essential, though if you really want to get the most out of that favorite weapon of yours you can go for them.

Scapes
03-25-2014, 01:49 PM
Any news on what gamebreaking bugs/glitches will be introduced with DLC 5 or will we just get the same recycled lag issues.

We're racing to bring Arktech Revolution to the Alpha Test Server and fix any issues before the DLC hits live.

ironcladtrash
03-25-2014, 02:07 PM
We're racing to bring Arktech Revolution to the Alpha Test Server and fix any issues before the DLC hits live.

Are there plans to bump everyone's EGO level up on the alpha sever? It will be really hard to test high EGO content otherwise.

Sliverbaer
03-25-2014, 02:13 PM

You should also consider allowing PS3 and XBox 360 users to join the PTS on PC. (Provided they have PCs available to do so.)

REAVER781
03-25-2014, 02:25 PM
What I would REALLY love to see is Weapon and Armour crafting. Not this Mods stuff. Take Dead Space 3 for example, that was an awesome weapon crafting system, albeit limited, was still an awesome idea.
I would love to be able to take my fave weapons, break them down into parts using the salvage matrix, and then use the desired parts to build MY perfect gun. That system would work great since Trion is now scaling the DPS... Allow us to create our perfect weapon without becoming unstoppable.

I think the outfits should be customizable much like the current weapons are with Mods.

Maybe even the ability to build vehicles as well?

give us more MMO!! lol

Omnifarious Xji
03-25-2014, 02:44 PM
Hmmm... You have my attention again Trion, do not stifle this opportunity you have to make something great of Defiance yet.

Cyripax NeoPrime
03-25-2014, 02:45 PM
"Events will now dynamically adjust their difficulty based on the players participating in or joining them. Enemies will not only adjust their levels and quantity but their difficulty tier as well"

"Low EGO rating players will be able to stand in fights with these high-level foes by means of a special temporary buff"

.....well now im confused, are you scaling down the encouters difficulty ? Or are you buffing the lower level players? Thes3 2 statements seem to contradict each other. And I can already see the pvp backlash for this unless for The first time in history a game will ACTUALLY matchmake fairly and put players of the same or clos3 to in a match together. But theres so few pvp players on ps3 its hard to get a match to start already.lol.

On another note im loving that ego on weapons will now have a progression. And be able to raise level with the matrix. I think thats something weve all wished for since launch day. Now just dont mess it up by making it costs more salvage than a hardcore player collects in a week.... ya know since we already have tons of other regular overpriced matrix options. We already have to be picky with what we spend it on. Opening slots and modding a high ego weapon takes us days. And weeks for a casual player.

Keep up the work and keep us updated! Thanks

rebtattoo
03-25-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm with several others on this.

What, precisely, is the paid portion of this dlc? What is exclusive to the dlc holder?

Sounds like another ****in' patch to me.

Tekrunner
03-25-2014, 03:11 PM
So, would it be possible to have the salvage matrix be able to downgrade as well as upgrade the level of a weapon? People have asked for this before, because it would really open up trading for high EGO players.

Deunan
03-25-2014, 03:37 PM
But that's not quite how these systems usually work. As you level up, the enemies you encounter become stronger. As a result, you need to either use higher level weapons or increase the level of your existing weapons to keep up. And enemies will presumably not just get more HP and damage. The new "grandmaster" tier of enemies is supposed to get "enhanced abilities", which I'm guessing (hoping?) means new behavior, attacks and strong / weak points.It's called level gated content which is something they originally said they would not do because they wanted it to be one of the distinguishing features of the game. I guess they've given up on that model. It will probably alienate some players and result in some player attrition. Oh well.

The other thing about this is that many players have been asking for harder content because the current content is too easy with their current abilities so now their solution is to give us harder content but at the same time give us stronger abiliites? Greater damage, greater health, greater damage mitigation, if our capablities scale up with the content then I have to wonder how that's actually going to make the game any more difficult unless they make mob abilities scale up at an exponentially higher increment than our abilities.

Cyripax NeoPrime
03-25-2014, 03:45 PM
It's called level gated content which is something they originally said they would not do because they wanted it to be one of the distinguishing features of the game. I guess they've given up on that model. It will probably alienate some players and result in some player attrition. Oh well.

The other thing about this is that many players have been asking for harder content because the current content is too easy with their current abilities so now their solution is to give us harder content but at the same time give us stronger abiliites? Greater damage, greater health, greater damage mitigation, if our capablities scale up with the content then I have to wonder how that's actually going to make the game any more difficult unless they make mob abilities scale up at an exponentially higher increment than our abilities.

This too. ....great point

El Horse
03-25-2014, 04:28 PM

Thats obviously good news. However, will this help console versions? For instance, at the moment on the Xbox EU server, the Dekuso arena lag/invisible enemy problems are still prevalent and make getting gold on it insanely hard. I have managed to get over the gold score once, only to be denied by the arena glitching out. After live chat and support desk tickets, I have been refused any kind of help/resolution in this. I have a feeling this will get brushed under the carpet as the next DLC is rushed out. Forgive my cynicism, but waiting days to be told there is no timeframe to fix a bug, then seeing focus shift to new DLC doesn't look good.

Dynamite7673
03-25-2014, 04:39 PM
and the chance to give names to our weapons?

I miss that show =/

Ned Kelly
03-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Ok I have a list,

1. Increase EGO cap - tick
2. Add more perks - tick

Glaring omissions

1. Melee skill set - cross
2. Map expansion - cross
3. Announcement of new missions (getting beer, I mean anything thats new) - cross
4. Additional vehicles - cross
5. Add another VC playable race - cross
6. Weapon balance - cross (I'm not a fan of PVP but certainly would play it more if there was more balance, one shot kills with weapons detracts from the fun. There are no real shootouts, it's currently get the most OP weapon and one shot kill.)
7. The content currently seems to get packed along roads and in already occupied areas when as Arsenic mentioned there is so much unused space in the current map. Why is 7th Legion in the overpass? Was it too hard to create another area unique to this content.

How hard its it to click and drop an ammo box at the lighthouse?

As far as I'm concerned the current system of implementation is flawed. You seemingly ignore all player input. I'm thinking that you have map expansion but are going to use this as a hook for future season pass holders or some other underhanded trick (you like that reference)

The implementation of legendary mods (ho hum) whilst nice, still doesn't address the current issues with the mods that are out there presently. The current mod vendors still are yet to work properly, ie pistol mod vendor having just pistol mods on special etc.

The reward for being a season pass holder is extremely limited. IMO the original weapons of the game have been the best and everything else thus far lack any imagination eg designed by 7th Legion to reload faster, so you load it with reload rolls.

The topics of friction just seem to be pushed to one side and ignored constantly.

A question for you scape, if you can do me the courtesy of researching and providing a solid well rounded answer:

Throughout the year we have been told that the "lore" of the Defiance universe has been an impediment to implementing a number of requests, such as additional missions etc, how does the Gunslinger & 7th Legion (reviving an american civil war themed clothing, and bushido code following samurai) in any way fit into this idea of "lore"?

Halloween
03-25-2014, 05:31 PM
When can we expect playable Indogenes?

Folly
03-25-2014, 05:53 PM
If I'm reading this right, grenades are back to sharing common ammo. So, in DLC 5, they're charging us to fix a mechanic that we paid them to screw up in DLC2.

Bravo Trion. Bravo.

Deunan
03-25-2014, 06:03 PM
If I'm reading this right, grenades are back to sharing common ammo. So, in DLC 5, they're charging us to fix a mechanic that we paid them to screw up in DLC2.Apparently you're reading it wrong because the you get universal grenade, stim and spike charges for free. There is no purchase of Arktech Revolution required.

Lillith Valerian
03-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Ok I have a list,

1. Increase EGO cap - tick
2. Add more perks - tick

Glaring omissions

1. Melee skill set - cross
2. Map expansion - cross
3. Announcement of new missions (getting beer, I mean anything thats new) - cross
4. Additional vehicles - cross
5. Add another VC playable race - cross
6. Weapon balance - cross (I'm not a fan of PVP but certainly would play it more if there was more balance, one shot kills with weapons detracts from the fun. There are no real shootouts, it's currently get the most OP weapon and one shot kill.)
7. The content currently seems to get packed along roads and in already occupied areas when as Arsenic mentioned there is so much unused space in the current map. Why is 7th Legion in the overpass? Was it too hard to create another area unique to this content.

How hard its it to click and drop an ammo box at the lighthouse?

As far as I'm concerned the current system of implementation is flawed. You seemingly ignore all player input. I'm thinking that you have map expansion but are going to use this as a hook for future season pass holders or some other underhanded trick (you like that reference)

The implementation of legendary mods (ho hum) whilst nice, still doesn't address the current issues with the mods that are out there presently. The current mod vendors still are yet to work properly, ie pistol mod vendor having just pistol mods on special etc.

The reward for being a season pass holder is extremely limited. IMO the original weapons of the game have been the best and everything else thus far lack any imagination eg designed by 7th Legion to reload faster, so you load it with reload rolls.

The topics of friction just seem to be pushed to one side and ignored constantly.

A question for you scape, if you can do me the courtesy of researching and providing a solid well rounded answer:

Throughout the year we have been told that the "lore" of the Defiance universe has been an impediment to implementing a number of requests, such as additional missions etc, how does the Gunslinger & 7th Legion (reviving an american civil war themed clothing, and bushido code following samurai) in any way fit into this idea of "lore"?

I indirectly criticized the game through off-hand humor and got infracted. When I called it out as an abuse of power, they demonstrated an even worse abuse of power by banning me.

This is a serious problem. I am a reasonably intelligent, articulate adult, who's spent a lot of time and money on this game and supported it vocally for months. But when patience wears thin, *real* criticism...not moronic TRYONS RIPD ME OFFS IL SUEZ type nonsense, but real, reasoned criticism seems to be shut down at the slightest excuse lately, with a self-sealing 'banned for discussing mod actions' policy. This effectively makes them immune to being held accountable by those who want answers. It's a disturbing community practise that, thanks to said 'policy', can never be discussed openly.

Everything you posted is well beyond my initial 'infracted' comment, so as one critical consumer to another, I thought I would give you fair warning. Even though in doing so, I've given them just cause to silence me again.

I can assure you that no action such as 'banning' me is necessary, Scapes. I'm an adult. If you can't tolerate my sincere humor or direct criticism, simply act like an adult and ask me to leave. I can assure you I would never post again.

Seizan
03-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Looking forward to this DLC. Curious to see how crazy the market is going to get once Legendary Mods become available.

Rokea
03-25-2014, 06:38 PM
YAY for paid patch #5, I cant wait for another reason to hate the fact that I purchased the Season pass and game from day one.

Atticus Batman
03-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Looking forward to this DLC. Curious to see how crazy the market is going to get once Legendary Mods become available.

Most people think that, but there is a chance we will be able to spend rep to buy those mods seperately. That would give the Paid people something that only they can get, because single-bought items from rep vendors are non-tradable. The only rep vendor tradable items come from the mod boxes and the catches.

Yes it would piss people off, but I don't care. I am tired of only one or 2 crappy missions being all the paid people get. Think about it what have we gotten for our money?

1: An exclusive vehicle, the raptor....Oh wait anybody can buy one from the bits store.
2: A chargeblade.....Nope they're in lockboxes.
3: Stims/spikes...nope they're available to everyone
4: Gungslinger and 7th legion outfits.....Nope they're also available for bits.
5: Katanas.....Yep but they are just solid looking chargeblades
6: Arkbreaker weapons....yes those are paid only
7: 7th legion weapons....yes those are paid only
8: gunslinger weapons....yes those are paid only
9: Zwanze outfit...........yes I beleive those are paid only
10: Arenas.................yes those are paid only

But other than numbers 6 through 10, what else did we get for paying for dlc? And remember the arenas can be played by non-dlc owners if they join friends so not completely paid-dlc only. I am fine with non-paid being able to join paid in the arenas. But the Dlcs aren't really worth more than 3 dollars are they?

DSW
03-25-2014, 07:01 PM
2: A chargeblade.....Nope in lockboxes.

actually, i got 2 or 3 of them from plain T4s. but they was blue and i already have orange from liro vendor.

CRIXDA
03-25-2014, 07:10 PM
It is indeed DLC in the form of "down loadable content".
Yeah.
Sure.
Okay.
Now, is it what WE the players of Defiance feel as DLC that is worth and justifiable to spend our hard-earned money on?
I work my tail off for my money and I need value for it.
Batman just highlighted in his list of What we paid for vs. What was free and I am getting more and more pissy with the entire thing.
Open the map.
Give us some good stuff for our money here.

Leave Pink Apocalypse alone, she didn't mean any harm. Everyone here is becoming more and more cynical and angry.
I was a total Trionista long ago.
I thought that this was the best thing ever and that "The Company" could never do any wrong.
I didn't need another user to sucker punch me into the stark light of reality.....
Trion did a very effective job and completely disenfranchised me and many, many others as well in the process.
Sorry, that is just the way it is.

Give us value for what we paid for.
I worked for my money and paid it to you folks, now it is time for you to put in some work for it.

Atticus Batman
03-25-2014, 07:16 PM
actually, i got 2 or 3 of them from plain T4s. but they was blue and i already have orange from liro vendor.

that is my point. T4s ARE lockboxes and anybody can buy and get a usable chargeblade from one. even without paid dlc. The chargeblades are the only paid dlc weapon that non-paid dlc users can use.

Guess not saying they're, confused you so I added that.

N3gativeCr33p
03-25-2014, 07:38 PM
YAY for paid patch #5, I cant wait for another reason to hate the fact that I purchased the Season pass and game from day one.

I'm right there with you, kind sir or madam!

wartitan
03-25-2014, 07:53 PM
It's called level gated content which is something they originally said they would not do because they wanted it to be one of the distinguishing features of the game. I guess they've given up on that model. It will probably alienate some players and result in some player attrition. Oh well.

I believe that the scaled up content of the mobs will be this "enhanced abilities" type enemy. I would hope that this means instead of the lame dark matter enforcers running around, we might have Captain Zor type abilities out of them and maybe for the DM Monitors, they would have abilities like Nim (although Zor and Nim are pretty close anyway). Could you imagine a DM Arkfall with a 100 Nims running around? I'd take that as a challenge :)

N3gativeCr33p
03-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Could you imagine a DM Arkfall with a 100 Nims running around? I'd take that as a challenge :)

Whereas I would consider that the worst use of recycled content that I've even seen in a video game.

wartitan
03-25-2014, 08:03 PM
I agree that I think it's a cop out to re-use content. But the idea behind the "enhanced abilities" (which was really the point I was making) would be that the enemies would have more tools in their arsenal and vary their attacks. Right now it seems that everything except Dark Matter has one move....hide behind something and shoot you (or just run at you and shoot). At least the DM Monitors have a shield and shoot, blur and kick you.

StanleyPain
03-25-2014, 08:10 PM
Can the new grenade/spike/stim system please be pick-up-by-walking-over like ammo? It's so annoying beyond words to have to manually check and then press X to pick up a grenade or spike. Just let us pick them up from walking over them and if they are a better quality, it auto replaces what you have.

wartitan
03-25-2014, 08:21 PM
I think that was what they were describing as part of DLC 5. It was basically pick up until your full then auto-salvage anything else. Although I guess that doesn't necessarily mean "auto-loot", it could just be that anything you loot manually that you're full on will be salvaged.

Rokea
03-25-2014, 08:38 PM
can the new grenade/spike/stim system please be pick-up-by-walking-over like ammo? It's so annoying beyond words to have to manually check and then press x to pick up a grenade or spike. Just let us pick them up from walking over them and if they are a better quality, it auto replaces what you have.
can i has too please!?

drackiller
03-26-2014, 12:22 AM
I`m a season pass holder...just waiting to the last "dlc".

If there`s going to be another season pass i don`t really know but i think that this saying explains well my feelings about this issue:

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Elastik Spastik
03-26-2014, 12:44 AM
Are you effin kidding me trion? Sounds like a fvckin patch to me. I really hope thats not what your calling dlc? Its a disgrace. How is that a dlc? I mean come on.

ALL THIS SHOULD BE IN A PATCH. NOT PART OF A DLC TRION.

sericks
03-26-2014, 02:50 AM
I cant wait to try it actually sounds good but what is actually dlc and non dlc in this change

Zombie Stark
03-26-2014, 02:55 AM
As someone who's been ego5000 since last July, I'm really happy to read about the cap increase. As for the rest, it's intriguing. This easy going game needs some complexity. Of course the question remains, will these be positive changes? Or in other words will they work as intended and not break the game upon release. :rolleyes:

Also, I like the others who've posted before me am wondering what exactly I get as a season pass holder? Will I finally get my money's worth? Or will I be left yet again regretting that I ever bought it at all.

Ironhide
03-26-2014, 04:23 AM
My first thought is what have i already paid for as a season pass holder because it seems as if everything that has been mentioned is for the whole of the community and therefore i gave you money for something that everyone else is getting for free. So what are the season pass holders getting for their money?

Haven't you heard were getting a title called "Teh Squishy" and an exclusive Garbage sack outfit. But they wont be delivered on time till everyone fills up Trions B***h meter. Once 2000 B***hes have been mesured then they shall give everyone this outfit who bought the 5th game update, and that shall be our dlc.

Ironhide
03-26-2014, 04:34 AM
Whereas I would consider that the worst use of recycled content that I've even seen in a video game.

No the worst use of recycled content in this game is pretty much Game updates 3 through 5. Dlc 1 and Dlc 2 did atleast give new things in the form of arenas, and the Warmaster, but 3-5 had been pretty much a rehash of whats already in game.

Trion listen bro's new dlc is Opening the map up, new things like Auction houses, Player quarters with storage for weapons we want to keep, not nesessarily carry with us, allowing us to find wanted guns faster. New vehicles like Motorcycles, 6 wheeled apc's that can be moble ammo/spike/stim/gernade refil points as well as have some heavy firepower(whats cooler is everything is controlled from inside, so no character models are exposed, so no ghosting issues). Spider buggies that can go over even the roughest terain like rocks, stumps, broken roads, etc.

Blondin
03-26-2014, 04:49 AM

That's exactly what I was saying, this is false progression, you have illusion of fighting harder mobs, but as you do more damage you always need the same number of hit to kill a mob.

The only difference is for the e-peen, with this system a noob is a noob, and a veteran will be stronger than a noob because he played more, not because he's more skilled. And tbh, I don't really believe in "enhanced abilities", as said before they will recycle the old gameplay and reskinned it (like for Nim and Zor).

For me this is a lack of creativity on behalf of Trion, the old horizontal system needed creativity to evolve and to give something to do to high EGO, with the new system it's more simple, they just have to take the same styles of gameplay and recipes that you find in 99% of the MMO.

What is more a sign of lack of creativity is that this is not a dlc, it's a patch, in a dlc you have new content, new maps, new vehicles, new weapons (not reskinned one), new races, etc...

Atleast, if they take the same way that all the MMO out there, then we can hope to have auction house, housing and more customization like in all MMO, yes we can hope, for ppl who still have hope...

Ironhide
03-26-2014, 05:11 AM
~snip~

Atleast, if they take the same way that all the MMO out there, then we can hope to have auction house, housing and more customization like in all MMO, yes we can hope, for ppl who still have hope...

I have no hope, its just the same monkey performing the only trick it knows, flinging the same poo, except this time the monkey just happened to have some Fruit Loops before it did its flinging.

N3gativeCr33p
03-26-2014, 05:23 AM
No the worst use of recycled content in this game is pretty much Game updates 3 through 5. Dlc 1 and Dlc 2 did atleast give new things in the form of arenas, and the Warmaster, but 3-5 had been pretty much a rehash of whats already in game.

Oh, I know and agree... my response was directed at the "let's fight 100 Nims" comment that someone else made. In addition to that being a completely BOR-ING concept, I also believe it's a fine example of over excessive use of recycled content.

Ironhide
03-26-2014, 05:26 AM
Oh, I know and agree... my response was directed at the "let's fight 100 Nims" comment that someone else made. In addition to that being a completely BOR-ING concept, I also believe it's a fine example of over excessive use of recycled content.

Oh yeah I know, but you know Trion. They are either thinking "Doh, how did they know we were going to add 100 Nims to the fight?" or "Hey thats not a bad idea....lets do that!"

CRIXDA
03-26-2014, 06:17 AM
Well said, +1 to Ironhide and to Cr33per.

See, Ironhide and Creep and Arsenic and all of the rest of us have PAID IN TEARS and frustration over Defiance.
We have been asking for things and operating under the illusion that THE COMPANY HAS BEEN LISTENING!!!
Don't look at me like I am a bitter player.
I love this game and there is so much that can be improved. So much.
Does it get addressed?
Nope.
We EXPECT more than what we have been getting for our dollars.

wartitan
03-26-2014, 06:31 AM
Maybe I'm not being clear in the point I'm making. Everyone seems to think I WANT them to put 100 of Nim on the battlefield...when it's simply not the case.

I don't disagree with what anyone has said here in regards to re-use of old content. I agree that us season pass holders and in general supporters of Defiance have poured hours and dollars into this game and have seen little in return for that (besides the hours of entertainment). That said, I was simply saying that I THINK what they are aiming to do from a mob scaling point of view is to do something "like" putting 100 Nim's on the battlefield for us to fight.

I wasn't saying it was a good idea, I'm not saying I hope they re-use Nim and just put 100 of him out there for us to fight. I was simply saying that having to fight 100 of Nim at an arkfall would be a challenge. I wasn't making the point that re-using content is a good idea. That's never a good idea. I was simply making the point that in order for the content to be challenging, you'd have to do something similar to putting 100 Nim's on the battlefield. That is the challenge I look forward to.

Ironhide
03-26-2014, 06:38 AM

See, Ironhide and Creep and Arsenic and all of the rest of us have PAID IN TEARS and frustration over Defiance.
We have been asking for things and operating under the illusion that THE COMPANY HAS BEEN LISTENING!!!
Does it get addressed?
Nope.

Yeah I expected more, but around Game update 3, my expectations dropped. I have more hope for a mentally challenged kid to become the next President of the U.S. than Trion ever listening and implementing any of our good ideas into their games. This is/was my first game and gaming experience with Trion games, and glad to say my last. I will never touch or pay for another Trion Game after this, wether its console or Pc. Whats worse Trion forgets about word of mouth game sales. If one person tells 2 more and those two tell two more...well you get the idea, now multiply that by how many still/used to play this game and well...Trion is pretty much EFF'D.

While I do appreciate all the stability issues being worked on, ps3 still is an unstable pos in terms of Defiance, and these Stability issues should have been something constantly being addressed since launch, and not all of a sudden after Gunslinger came out.

But there I go making sense and using logic again... when we all know Trion uses a chimp flinging its fecal mater at an idea board.

N3gativeCr33p
03-26-2014, 07:12 AM
This is/was my first game and gaming experience with Trion games, and glad to say my last. I will never touch or pay for another Trion Game after this, wether its console or Pc.

Once again, you hit the nail on the head...

Elastik Spastik
03-26-2014, 07:16 AM
Once again, you hit the nail on the head...

Plus 1 also.

Infinity Eagle
03-26-2014, 09:27 AM

Any time frame on when this may go live on the test server?

Rokea
03-26-2014, 09:41 AM

Does it get addressed?
Nope.

I couldn't agree more with you, I was shocked to read on the description for the latest dlc when thy wrote at the end we welcome feedback both positive and negative (something along those lines) we've been giving that since april of 2013 a week after the game came out!

Quebra Regra
03-26-2014, 10:24 AM
I miss that show =/

we all do... yet somehow Veronica Mars get's a kicksterter movie? My vote Idris Elba as captain (see Prometheus) in a new firefly show.

+2 for naming weapons.

RAGEFIGHTER
03-26-2014, 11:25 AM
What I would REALLY love to see is Weapon and Armour crafting. Not this Mods stuff. Take Dead Space 3 for example, that was an awesome weapon crafting system, albeit limited, was still an awesome idea.
I would love to be able to take my fave weapons, break them down into parts using the salvage matrix, and then use the desired parts to build MY perfect gun. That system would work great since Trion is now scaling the DPS... Allow us to create our perfect weapon without becoming unstoppable.

I think the outfits should be customizable much like the current weapons are with Mods.

Maybe even the ability to build vehicles as well?

give us more MMO!! lol

i also wuld like some enchanting systems like examples in mmos drop item to get weapon leveled up to increase abilitys or something :)

RAGEFIGHTER
03-26-2014, 11:37 AM
Most people think that, but there is a chance we will be able to spend rep to buy those mods seperately. That would give the Paid people something that only they can get, because single-bought items from rep vendors are non-tradable. The only rep vendor tradable items come from the mod boxes and the catches.

Yes it would piss people off, but I don't care. I am tired of only one or 2 crappy missions being all the paid people get. Think about it what have we gotten for our money?

1: An exclusive vehicle, the raptor....Oh wait anybody can buy one from the bits store.
2: A chargeblade.....Nope they're in lockboxes.
3: Stims/spikes...nope they're available to everyone
4: Gungslinger and 7th legion outfits.....Nope they're also available for bits.
5: Katanas.....Yep but they are just solid looking chargeblades
6: Arkbreaker weapons....yes those are paid only
7: 7th legion weapons....yes those are paid only
8: gunslinger weapons....yes those are paid only
9: Zwanze outfit...........yes I beleive those are paid only
10: Arenas.................yes those are paid only

But other than numbers 6 through 10, what else did we get for paying for dlc? And remember the arenas can be played by non-dlc owners if they join friends so not completely paid-dlc only. I am fine with non-paid being able to join paid in the arenas. But the Dlcs aren't really worth more than 3 dollars are they?

compleetly agree with you they forgot the border between paid players whoo are buying all dlcs ect and free players whoo hopefully bought just basic defiance client and using all dlcs wee pay for soo iff think in this way i start feeling sory to buy any dlcs seasonpass why shuld i iff everyone gets it for free

BJWyler
03-26-2014, 02:10 PM
will this ego increase be retroactive?

This is what I want to know. I have earned a ton of EGO points since hitting the cap and hope all that wouldn't be wasted. That would really suck if we don't get credit for the EGO we earned after capping out.

EV76
03-26-2014, 02:52 PM
I cant wait to try it actually sounds good but what is actually dlc and non dlc in this change

Trion what is the paid portion of this so called dlc? Thanks in advance.

Bonehead
03-26-2014, 04:31 PM
**** it...
I'm done.

Ned Kelly
03-26-2014, 05:42 PM
The worst thing about all of this is that it's unimaginative reuse of old content.

Scapes
03-26-2014, 05:53 PM
So is this just going to be just a core mechanics change, or is there going to be some actual story content with this DLC? Are we going to see some real content updates any time soon, with this DLC or in the future? (is this the last DLC ever or will there be more?)

Arktech Revolution does mark the end of DLC Season One and does not contain new storylines but we do have plans for new content moving forward.

While EGO rating will not increase based on experience gained beyond the current level cap, any completed pursuits that push your EGO rating past 5000 will automatically be applied when Arktech Revolution hits. While there will be more EGO units available to spend, there will not be an increased in equipped perks.

Regarding the "mentor" buff, it does not make low-level players as strong as the high-level players in the instance. We're still exploring how it applies to PvP situations.

Ned Kelly
03-26-2014, 06:10 PM
Soooooo, we season pass subscribers have simply paid for 12 months of unwanted changes to support new items for people that have only bought the title, so that after 12 months you can then provide new content to everyone for free? And I use the term new content extremely loosely. And now by your response Scapes my immediate thought (immediate thoughts for me are a mixed bag) is that you are saying that 5k ego grind is potentially a near complete waste (some judgement reserved on more details of dlc 5 perks)

DSW
03-26-2014, 06:45 PM
While EGO rating will not increase based on experience gained beyond the current level cap, any completed pursuits that push your EGO rating past 5000 will automatically be applied when Arktech Revolution hits. While there will be more EGO units available to spend, there will not be an increased in equipped perks.

maybe a third gun or second 'nade/spike slots then?

Rokea
03-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Soooooo, we season pass subscribers have simply paid for 12 months of unwanted changes to support new items for people that have only bought the title, so that after 12 months you can then provide new content to everyone for free? And I use the term new content extremely loosely. And now by your response Scapes my immediate thought (immediate thoughts for me are a mixed bag) is that you are saying that 5k ego grind is potentially a near complete waste (some judgement reserved on more details of dlc 5 perks)

I second this opinion, I am appalled at how the season pass subscribers have been treated, not only am I giving up on this game but I have since uninstalled Rift as well. I don't even think EA is this bad!

TAG
03-26-2014, 06:56 PM
From the makers who brought you the new grenade system, its the new nano system.

Lillith Valerian
03-26-2014, 07:03 PM
I dumped and re-installed yesterday. First time back since walking away after the disappointment of the 3rd "DLC".

The new scoring system feels fantastic. I'm unsure if it's because of actually being fantastic, or if it's a 'woman in the desert being handed a bottle of water and thinking it's fantastic' kind of situation. Either way, it has *radically* re-energized the game for me again. I'm having legitimate fun again for the first time in months. Score actually meaning something, and the drive & thrill of rolling over another 5k, each time knowing you get another key, is ultra-neato.

Having said that, it does need a fix. There are far too many minor Arkfalls and such that just get ignored now, due to lack of other players making it impossible to get a score decent enough for keys (plural).

Opening slots on weapons is stupidly-expensive in salvage. It discourages opening up things you're ambivalent about and throwing some mods on them for a test run. I used to do that all the time before, but not anymore.

I don't feel like there's much point in complaining about announced changes. It's never made a difference before. By the time they're announced, the changes are in the can. The company is going to do what they're going to do. Regardless of what we think.

wartitan
03-26-2014, 07:07 PM
I do have to say it would be nice for the scoring system to scale keys based on players in the vicinity as opposed to just a straight 5k per key score. That way soloing minors and daily/weekly's would be worth the keys you get. Right now, sieges/incursions/arkfalls are the only events worth the keys (haven't really done the warmaster or minor arkbreaks since the scoring change).

CpyMac
03-26-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm really having a hard time understanding how this qualifies as DLC...

ugh... done.

Not even worth the effort anymore...

Holy Bahamut3
03-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Arktech Revolution does mark the end of DLC Season One and does not contain new storylines but we do have plans for new content moving forward.

Regarding the "mentor" buff, it does not make low-level players as strong as the high-level players in the instance. We're still exploring how it applies to PvP situations.

Dude you just cranked up the anger in here from 50% to 90%...

Arsenic_Touch
03-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Dude you just cranked up the anger in here from 50% to 90%...

I can't say I'm surprised. There were such good changes announced, knew it was too good to be true. If it wasn't for ESO, I'd probably be more upset.

Holy Bahamut3
03-26-2014, 08:22 PM
I can't say I'm not surprised. Such good changes announced, it was too good to be true. If it wasn't for ESO, I'd probably be more upset.

I paid for 5 DLC, what I got was a life lesson...

Arsenic_Touch
03-26-2014, 08:40 PM
I paid for 5 DLC, what I got was a life lesson...

I hope they learn from this if they decide to do another season of DLC.

CRIXDA
03-26-2014, 08:40 PM
Cranked up the anger to WHAT?
My internal anger toward the way this "Season's FARCE" has been handled has run my temperature up to the Kelvin ranges.
And You know what the shame is.....?
NO ONE AT "THE COMPANY" GIVES A RUNNY SH!T ABOUT ANY OF US.
Sure, go ahead and uninstall the game; H3ll, uninstall "Grift" too. Yeah, You'll show them!
They have the money already.
"Ark-Drek does not contain any new storyline content"
Yeah, WE FIGURED THAT.
Guess what else our "MAGIC 8 BALL" told us......huh?
No MAP EXPANSION.
None of the vehicles that we wanted.
No New Playable Races.
No REAL ANYTHING.
Just "The Company" putting the final touches on an amazing skru job.
Well done, guys.
You got over on all of the "Season's FARCE" holders for $40.00 and gave us about $26.12 worth for our money.
I AM BEING GENEROUS.
There is a thirteen-letter word to describe people like this and it starts with "M".

Lillith Valerian
03-26-2014, 08:43 PM
If it wasn't for ESO, I'd probably be more upset.

We console peasants are watching the release next week with heightened interest. Here's hoping you guys get everything smoothed out for our belated June launch.

CRIXDA
03-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
You can see it, little sis - but I am sticking my tongue out at You.

I am glad that You are back on again and fighting so fervently for improvement around here.
I abhor the fact that it is falling on such deaf ears.

C2THEMAX
03-26-2014, 09:09 PM
take back your patch and work harder to give us what we been asking for since day 1 this is complete and utter bull$**t and you know it. you trion to blow smoke up our a**es and its not gonna work anymore. i can tell you now season 2 passes will pay the guy who unplugs the servers cuz no one in their right mind will be playing after eso comes out and there are better games i will be spending my money on. and for those who been working on this game dont go to bethesda because they dont hire narrowminded creativity. THIS GAME IS DONE FOR!!!!!

Angeleus09
03-26-2014, 09:44 PM
The changes that are listed in the blog post sound like they could be beneficial. It sounds like you guys are starting to catch up to where the player base was about 6-8 months ago and it sounds like you're on the right track which is good to see, certainly.

However I think that you should understand very clearly how many of us feel as it has been stated multiple times in this thread: This is not a DLC worthy of the money that Season Pass holders have already paid. The things listed here are core gameplay changes to get the base gameplay system to a state where it probably should have been at launch.

Now don't get me wrong we're happy that you're starting to think in the long term and are making strides to realign the core mechanics of the game, but please don't don't don't throw shrapnel on our heads and tell us it's Arkfall.

As others have said hard mode versions of co-op maps are something that we want, but not the same maps. or at least not JUST the same maps.

You want to add armor to the game? That's great! But don't make it a passive buff, that's no fun! Do what you want in the way that we want. Add a 4 slot mod system to all the outfits so we can add head mods, chest mods, leg mods and IDK... back mods. Make it a system we can customize and interact with but that fills that function of providing the buff you want from a design perspective.

Arkbreaker had good concepts but horrible execution and the only real stab at actual new content we got was marred by balance and performance issues that are still plaguing the Warmaster. Gunslinger Trials actually added some new story which was refreshing even if it did feel short. The point? These are examples of actual new content that you have introduced to the game. These are the things that differentiated the experiences of those who paid you for that content and those who didn't.

We're not opposed to you making the changes you've listed in this announcement, but you do need to understand that we can't accept that as DLC worth paying for. It's nothing personal, it's just that you know as well as we do that you guys rushed and crunched and cut to get 5 "DLCs" on the table within that year timeline. We know you're still smarting from those first delays last year and we know that you feel bad about having to deliver what legitimAtely amount to damage control patches under the guise of DLC packs.

As long as you know we know all that and have stuck with you anyway because we actually have some faith in this concept then I think things are going to be alright. How Trion chooses to handle their player base at the official close of this first season is going to play a large part in how well their second season does. I sincerely hope y'all got time to ride the line on this one.

Atticus Batman
03-26-2014, 09:51 PM
The changes that are listed in the blog post sound like they could be beneficial. It sounds like you guys are starting to catch up to where the player base was about 6-8 months ago and it sounds like you're on the right track which is good to see, certainly.

However I think that you should understand very clearly how many of us feel as it has been stated multiple times in this thread: This is not a DLC worthy of the money that Season Pass holders have already paid. The things listed here are core gameplay changes to get the base gameplay system to a state where it probably should have been at launch.

Now don't get me wrong we're happy that you're starting to think in the long term and are making strides to realign the core mechanics of the game, but please don't don't don't throw shrapnel on our heads and tell us it's Arkfall.

As others have said hard mode versions of co-op maps are something that we want, but not the same maps. or at least not JUST the same maps.

You want to add armor to the game? That's great! But don't make it a passive buff, that's no fun! Do what you want in the way that we want. Add a 4 slot mod system to all the outfits so we can add head mods, chest mods, leg mods and IDK... back mods. Make it a system we can customize and interact with but that fills that function of providing the buff you want from a design perspective.

Arkbreaker had good concepts but horrible execution and the only real stab at actual new content we got was marred by balance and performance issues that are still plaguing the Warmaster. Gunslinger Trials actually added some new story which was refreshing even if it did feel short. The point? These are examples of actual new content that you have introduced to the game. These are the things that differentiated the experiences of those who paid you for that content and those who didn't.

We're not opposed to you making the changes you've listed in this announcement, but you do need to understand that we can't accept that as DLC worth paying for. It's nothing personal, it's just that you know as well as we do that you guys rushed and crunched and cut to get 5 "DLCs" on the table within that year timeline. We know you're still smarting from those first delays last year and we know that you feel bad about having to deliver what legitimAtely amount to damage control patches under the guise of DLC packs.

As long as you know we know all that and have stuck with you anyway because we actually have some faith in this concept then I think things are going to be alright. How Trion chooses to handle their player base at the official close of this first season is going to play a large part in how well their second season does. I sincerely hope y'all got time to ride the line on this one.

I agree. Trion/Scapes, I posted this in a different thread and it's how, ALOT of us feel, a good portion of our issues could be handled, so I am re-posting here.

I agree with locking it. It is PAID content after all. Being able to use a few new weapons (reskinned and renamed from already in game weapons) is really not worth a season pass. Or another option is let free dlc owners still do instances but paying dlc owners should get a ****load of paid only content. As it stands I wish i never got the season pass because you get just as much for free. Apart from the use of a few weapons and a free lockbox woop de fvcking doooooooooooo.

Hmm ok, I'll bite.

I agree with locking it. It is PAID content after all.

Leave it as is, or Warmasters would never have a chance of being defeated. And not sure about Pc, but on Xbox the only people willing to help most, with either set of arenas are free-dlc peeps, even though they really don't get much for doing the arenas.

Being able to use a few new weapons (reskinned and renamed from already in game weapons) is really not worth a season pass.

As for incursions, those should just be free dlc and a REAL event should be put in for 7th legion. I mean all it's contracts are for doing events that we have always had, with the exception of incursions (wich lets face it, are just emergencies with a seige tacked onto their butt.) Gs doesn't even have contracts or it's own rep points.

Or another option is let free dlc owners still do instances but paying dlc owners should get a ****load of paid only content.

This right here, I agree Elastik, is more what should happen. As paid dlc owners we should also be able to buy outfits exclusive to the dlcs we own as well, either at the E-rep clothing vendor, or at the dlc's respective vendors instead of from lotto boxes. Season pass holders, should olso get something more than just that first lockbox we got and a dumb hellbug hat. Perhaps for owning the Sp, while all other piad dlcers get their own free lcatche when they purchase a dlc, the SPers should get 2 free caches for each Dlc (That would atleast give more people an incentive to buy the SP). Perhaps even an actual exclusive (good)gun, and outfit when each DLC is released, for having the Sp. All of this being retroactive of course so us original SP holders aren't screwed AGAIN!

While they're at it all the people in the original alpha/betas, before launch should have gotten, and exclusive item as well. An exclusive Alpha/beta outfit, or a vehicle with an exclusive re-skin would work, and perhaps a Defiant Few title. That would also have to be retroactive, afterall they should still have the data of who was in those.

Heck with their 1 yr bday coming up an in game celebration with a free t4 lockbox to everyone, would be nice. And an exclusive gift to either the one year vets, or Sp holders (whichever trion would prefer) would also be great, and maybe a title of some kind.

ShawnyBee
03-26-2014, 09:51 PM
I hope they learn from this if they decide to do another season of DLC.

I think we all hope they learned from the first DLC season.

All they had to do was put in a story missions per each DLC, and it would haven't been as bad.

I liked Arkbreaker story, even though it was short.

Gunslinger made for an ok story.

New gameplay mechanics and dynamic events are great, they just needed decent story to go around them.

Ewokzombie
03-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Lets see, for the final download for the first season we get…

-No new playable races. How many do have in the game now again, three? Wow! So when do the Indogenes, Sensoth, Liberata and possibly Biomen get into the game? One or two years from now when no one is playing this game?

-No new map areas to get into and explore. Awesome! I love going to the same areas I’ve been to dozens of times before to do some crap quest while avoiding the same “random“ roadside encounter with the same hellbugs, Volge or zombies, oh sorry the infected with Irat flu that mutate into zombies just like the show didn’t do.

-No new actual story. Not like we have gotten any of the previous downloads so why should I expect any here? How about adding some actual story content without using data recorders or NPC’s who show up to say three lines before vanishing from the game? Did we ever get a reason why the Volge are in the Bay area beyond being reduced to a notch above hellbugs as random roadside pests? How about the 7th Legion?

-No new vehicles like a motorcycle. Something that we have seen in the TV show. Oh wait. Let me guess, motorcycles only exist in the St. Louis area right?

-No new critters to encounter. Got to love fighting only hellbugs in a world that must have so many varieties of new critters like the weird looking thing seen in the first episode of the show. Yea, imagine that, yet another thing we have seen in the show that is still not in the game.

-Again, still nothing clearly stating what is included with the paid download and what is free.

What this “download” mostly seems to be is a patch to fix or add what I would consider minor things that should be in a game patch not a paid download. Its even advertised as “We’ve only scratched the surface of this game-changing update!”

Is this how Trion handles Rift, by releasing patches and minimal content as paid downloadable content?

I wonder how many season pass users will be back to spend any money on a second season pass or even any further downloads especially considering the future releases coming to a game system near us soon.

Umfafa
03-26-2014, 10:49 PM
I for one, will not be pushing any more dollars at them. Why when you get it all for free anyway?

Halloween
03-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Lets see, for the final download for the first season we get…

-No new playable races. How many do have in the game now again, three? Wow! So when do the Indogenes, Sensoth, Liberata and possibly Biomen get into the game? One or two years from now when no one is playing this game?

-No new map areas to get into and explore. Awesome! I love going to the same areas I’ve been to dozens of times before to do some crap quest while avoiding the same “random“ roadside encounter with the same hellbugs, Volge or zombies, oh sorry the infected with Irat flu that mutate into zombies just like the show didn’t do.

-No new actual story. Not like we have gotten any of the previous downloads so why should I expect any here? How about adding some actual story content without using data recorders or NPC’s who show up to say three lines before vanishing from the game? Did we ever get a reason why the Volge are in the Bay area beyond being reduced to a notch above hellbugs as random roadside pests? How about the 7th Legion?

-No new vehicles like a motorcycle. Something that we have seen in the TV show. Oh wait. Let me guess, motorcycles only exist in the St. Louis area right?

-No new critters to encounter. Got to love fighting only hellbugs in a world that must have so many varieties of new critters like the weird looking thing seen in the first episode of the show. Yea, imagine that, yet another thing we have seen in the show that is still not in the game.

-Again, still nothing clearly stating what is included with the paid download and what is free.

What this “download” mostly seems to be is a patch to fix or add what I would consider minor things that should be in a game patch not a paid download. Its even advertised as “We’ve only scratched the surface of this game-changing update!”

Is this how Trion handles Rift, by releasing patches and minimal content as paid downloadable content?

I wonder how many season pass users will be back to spend any money on a second season pass or even any further downloads especially considering the future releases coming to a game system near us soon.

I'm sure they'll only be including anything of interest (new playable races, vehicles, unexplored areas, NPC's) bundled inside the Season 2 DLC Pass. I bet that's exactly what is going to happen. Regarding these "patch notes," they do make sense. We get one of the DLC's for free as Season Pass holders, right? I guess the one that sounds more like a normal patch is our "freebie."

"This one's on us. No need to thank us."

Tekrunner
03-27-2014, 12:15 AM
I for one, will not be pushing any more dollars at them. Why when you get it all for free anyway?

Because you want the game to keep running and developing, and that's not going to happen if everyone free-rides ?

rebtattoo
03-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Because you want the game to keep running and developing, and that's not going to happen if everyone free-rides ?If the company would produce a DLC worth purchasing, it may be different.

As it is, I don't even know what the **** I'm purchasing with this farce. Everything described will be free to all.

What is the paid content of this?

Ned Kelly
03-27-2014, 01:15 AM
If the company would produce a DLC worth purchasing, it may be different.

As it is, I don't even know what the **** I'm purchasing with this farce. Everything described will be free to all.

maybe a lockbox and a shtako title

drackiller
03-27-2014, 01:18 AM
They already have my money for the last "dlc"...for the future we will see.
One thing i can say, if i`m here still playing at the time of a new season pass, i will not buy it. I`ll consider the buy of a DLC for it`s content at that particular time, not going to blindly buy another season pass, that i can guarantee.

InfamousBrad
03-27-2014, 01:27 AM

You. Have GOT. To be. Kidding. Me.

What happened to the tweet I saw a month ago or so that said you had the voice actors in to record stuff for DLC5? What happened to the claim that, after the fiascos of DLC2 and DLC3, DLC4 and 5 would both have new content? For that matter, what happened to the promise that there would be non-DLC Episode Missions between season 1 and season 2? Have you just completely given up on this game and put it in maintenance mode?

Ned Kelly
03-27-2014, 02:09 AM

What happened to the tweet I saw a month ago or so that said you had the voice actors in to record stuff for DLC5? What happened to the claim that, after the fiascos of DLC2 and DLC3, DLC4 and 5 would both have new content? For that matter, what happened to the promise that there would be non-DLC Episode Missions between season 1 and season 2? Have you just completely given up on this game and put it in maintenance mode?

That sounds like a serious question, you won't get an answer. To get answers you need to ask fluffy questions like, do you think in the next dlc we can get the dodge challenger in pink?

Tekrunner
03-27-2014, 03:07 AM
If the company would produce a DLC worth purchasing, it may be different.

Right now you're not purchasing anything, because the DLC isn't out yet. What I meant in my post is that some people are happy to pay some money even if the direct advantages it provides are minimal, as long as the game is expanded and improved. I may not have bought 7th Legion and Gunslinger if I hadn't owned a season pass, because they added very little to the game. But given what's announced for Revolution, I would almost certainly have bought it, no matter what the paid portion is (I'm expecting that at least the "hardmode tokens" will be paid-only).

But clearly my opinion on this is very much in the minority, so I'll just shut up and leave you guys to your consumerist anger.

Bonehead
03-27-2014, 04:36 AM
"(Did we mention they drop better loot too? Because they do.)"

It will just be "really really rare" right?

mes77
03-27-2014, 04:37 AM
Dear trion, the C in DLC stands for content, when will we get some ? As much as I ,(and other SP owners) enjoy paying for massive core gameplay changes that effect everyone SP or not, Its safe to say we expected more then Scratch Ticket Horse Armor the season pass.

mes77
03-27-2014, 04:38 AM
"(Did we mention they drop better loot too? Because they do.)"

It will just be "really really rare" right?

And If it does'nt initially "Soon"

CRIXDA
03-27-2014, 04:40 AM
Really Really Rare is still Raspberry. (Blue)

This is pathetic and I am beyond angry over it.

Good correction on the Barnum quote, Batman. Thanks

Littleweasel
03-27-2014, 04:41 AM
as of dlc 4 allowing non buyer of dlc 1 to be able to play the thorin arenas just by being in a group that is playing one of them then only thing people really got from buying the other 4 (via season pass or seperately) so called dlc's and seems the same for what Trion insists on calling dlc 5 instead of a patch like it really is are:
- new achievement/trophies (but unless they are tied to completing missions or pursuits non buyers can get also)
- ability to use crap renamed weapons & shields that in most cases are really no better than white weapons you can pick up off the
group.
- a few new toon skins.
- extremely short set of missions that really were not worth the time.

i really can not see how Trion can justify charging people for most of the crap they are calling dlc's they should have been giving us map expansions with each dlc that you could only explore if you paid for the dlc (and if your in a group that owns the dlc you would get kicked from the group when they went to the new area) at least the people that are supporting the game by buying them could at least say they are actually getting something for their money.

i for one will never buy another Trion season pass or dlc again since you never get anything for your money anyways.

N3gativeCr33p
03-27-2014, 05:19 AM
... Its safe to say we expected more then Scratch Ticket Horse Armor the season pass.

Coffee... meet monitor. Hilarious!

squidgod2000
03-27-2014, 05:26 AM

In other words, the devs again forgot that Defiance has PvP.

squidgod2000
03-27-2014, 05:40 AM

What happened to the tweet I saw a month ago or so that said you had the voice actors in to record stuff for DLC5? What happened to the claim that, after the fiascos of DLC2 and DLC3, DLC4 and 5 would both have new content?

VO stuff was probably for season 2 episode missions. Wouldn't surprise me if Trion, before deciding to change the game to one of vertical progression, planned to release the episode missions as the 5th DLC pack.

AnGeL
03-27-2014, 06:52 AM
"Trick Dempsey will be expanding the individual changes revealed here over the course of the next few weeks. "

Sigh, if his track record means anything, get ready for the game to break even worse....

Question, I seemed to have missed the section where they talked about the Story line and map expansion we were promised this past year...where is that info?

Rokea
03-27-2014, 07:09 AM
"Trick Dempsey will be expanding the individual changes revealed here over the course of the next few weeks. "

Sigh, if his track record means anything, get ready for the game to break even worse....

Question, I seemed to have missed the section where they talked about the Story line and map expansion we were promised this past year...where is that info?

These aren't the droids you're looking for!

Blondin
03-27-2014, 07:44 AM
Regarding the "mentor" buff, it does not make low-level players as strong as the high-level players in the instance.
I don't understand, if high EGO character have the possibility to buff their weapons, if low EGO receive a "mentor" buff, what is the interest to have stronger mobs, we will have the same thing except with different numbers, it will be the same damages/mobs health ratio ?

Ppl were asking for higher difficulty, but if you buff everybody, then that will still be easy, no?

What is the interest to be high EGO if noobs receive a buff to be almost at same level or atleast sufficient strenght to do the same mission? Again it will be "exclusive" content that anyone can do...

We're still exploring how it applies to PvP situations.
May be you should ask yourself first this question, because, as you are scaling PvE (so no real effect, except bigger numbers), the only change that will do your new system is to completely screw PvP.
Oh, and btw, may be you should add some PvP maps, currently it's a shame to have so few maps in a TPS/FPS game...

jaoker48
03-27-2014, 08:00 AM

They need to boost the amount of scrip and salvage for this dlc. Everything is at really high cost and I bet the armor will cost between 25-30k Ark salvage plus 50k scrip.

jaoker48
03-27-2014, 08:28 AM
From the makers who brought you the new grenade system, its the new nano system.

All it did was make guns with syphon more desirable. Steels about the same amount of shield possibly a little more from the enemy/enemies and takes even more Health.

dramaQkarri
03-27-2014, 09:35 AM
On the up side, nice to see this thread is currently infraction-free. Don't you DARE start infracting people for expressing their opinions. Free speech is an unalienable right here in the USA, where Trion has it's HQ so censorship of any kind (excluding slander and libel) is unacceptable.

The anger level of Season Pass holders is absolutely understandable. $10 TOTAL for all 5 DLC'S, er, patches, would be a reasonable value.

Regarding DLC 5, I agree with nearly everything the player base has said here, am extremely disappointed in Scapes confirming we will STILL not be getting new missions or map expansion. However, recent fixes give me hope that just maybe Season 2 will finally give us a TRUE package of content...

There is always hope, even if it's false hope.

Deunan
03-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Free speech is an unalienable right here in the USA, where Trion has it's HQ so censorship of any kind (excluding slander and libel) is unacceptable.Apparently you require the lesson on free speech under the First Amendment so often repeated on forums on the internet to correct the commonly misguided notion you have. First of all the right to freedom of expression without censorship is a right of the people against government censorship. Private institutions have always had the right to censor expression in and on their own venues. That too is a civil liberty. Second there has never been an absolute right to freedom of expression in the United States from government action. All forms of expression have always been and continue to be subject to time, place and manner exceptions as well as national security concerns.

InfamousBrad
03-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Because you want the game to keep running and developing, and that's not going to happen if everyone free-rides ?

If this content-free snooze-fest is going to be all we get from now on, I don't think I care if it keeps running. Whether I want it to keep developing or not doesn't seem to be relevant, since it seems that it stopped developing somewhere around last April. And since the sum total of what it's got to do with the TV show, since around last July, has been maybe three lines of dialog, I can't think of any reason why I'd miss it.

"Season one will include five downloadable content packs" is the second biggest unfulfilled promise they made us, only slightly behind, "Watch the show: play the game."

Scapes
03-27-2014, 10:17 AM
On the up side, nice to see this thread is currently infraction-free. Don't you DARE start infracting people for expressing their opinions. Free speech is an unalienable right here in the USA, where Trion has it's HQ so censorship of any kind (excluding slander and libel) is unacceptable.

We definitely welcome opinions here but it's important to note that the first amendment does not apply on our forums. Forum access is a privilege and not a right and violations of our guidelines are grounds for revoking that access. In fact, we'll be updating the forum rules for more clarity later today. All of that said, the overarching goal isn't to squelch feedback but to maintain a constructive, welcoming forum for all players.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you have further questions. Let's keep this thread on its original topic.

hardy83
03-27-2014, 10:24 AM
At this point I just want DLC5 to come and go whether it's amazing or a bust because I want to know what this game is doing AFTER the "season" ends.
Other than the TV tie-in content, we have nothing to go by on what the direction this game is headed.

Deunan
03-27-2014, 10:30 AM
Sort of back on topic. Trick's ambiguous answer to the question about land expansion for a DLC (it is inevitable that land expansion occurs withn an MMO or something to that effect) is extremely frustrating. Just for clarification, in addition to there being no new story line content and missions, does Arktech Revolution also not have any land expansion, or new content to the existing areas suhc as additional conflict sites?

Arsenic_Touch
03-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Sort of back on topic. Trick's ambiguous answer to the question about land expansion for a DLC (it is inevitable that land expansion occurs withn an MMO or something to that effect) is extremely frustrating. Just for clarification, in addition to there being no new story line content and missions, does Arktech Revolution also not have any land expansion, or new content to the existing areas suhc as additional conflict sites?

Safe to assume that there's no map expansion with it. What would they put there if they have no new story content? as for additional conflict sites, I hope not. They need to stop trying to push everything into such a small area just to give the illusion that it's busy. It increases the likelihood of things breaking.

RAGEFIGHTER
03-27-2014, 10:41 AM
We definitely welcome opinions here but it's important to note that the first amendment does not apply on our forums. Forum access is a privilege and not a right and violations of our guidelines are grounds for revoking that access. In fact, we'll be updating the forum rules for more clarity later today. All of that said, the overarching goal isn't to squelch feedback but to maintain a constructive, welcoming forum for all players.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you have further questions. Let's keep this thread on its original topic.

sou you answered to where ever you get somekinda off topic post but you have nothing to say to all mad ppls in this thread thets prety sad man we wait some actions from devs what they say about all thees screams i personaly reading more off this thread starting to loose my trust in devs again didnt know all dlc contents acess can get even players whoo dont even own any dlc its sad to find out theth my money wasted and dlc 5 actualy i readed one post wich makes mee think you siereously dont have even idea about workfull dlc5 just somkinda idea and already announcing it just put more fuel in fire wich already burns prety well i hope you will find courage to answer all off us !!!

Tsort
03-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Dear trion, the C in DLC stands for content, when will we get some ? As much as I ,(and other SP owners) enjoy paying for massive core gameplay changes that effect everyone SP or not, Its safe to say we expected more then Scratch Ticket Horse Armor the season pass.
At least Horse Armor had... a horse armor in it. Even though I do not own a pass (yet?), let me ask again what has been asked probably 10 times in this thread already:

What will be the exclusive paid content part of this DLC?

CRIXDA
03-27-2014, 10:45 AM
At this point I just want DLC5 to come and go whether it's amazing or a bust because I want to know what this game is doing AFTER the "season" ends.
Other than the TV tie-in content, we have nothing to go by on what the direction this game is headed.

Oh, I've got You covered, Hardy.
You want to know in which DIRECTION this is going?
The very same DIRECTION in which I threw my Season's Farce money.....

Moderator Edit: Image removed.

Go ahead and get angry about this, "Company".
You will NEVER be as angry and upset about this as I am and a lot of the others are over the underhanded fleecing that YOU did to us in this entire sham.
The "ALIENS : COLONIEL MARINES" DLC was better than what You gave us and it ranked in at "pathetic".

Just being "honest" and "constructive".
I am so sorry if You don't like it and can't handle the truth.

N3gativeCr33p
03-27-2014, 10:47 AM
What will be the exclusive paid content part of this DLC ?

As much as I'd just love to hear an answer, I'll bet dollars to donuts this question isn't directly addressed.

RAGEFIGHTER
03-27-2014, 10:47 AM
At least Horse Armor had... a horse armor in it. Even though I do not own a pass (yet?), let me ask again what has been asked probably 10 times in this thread already:

same like inn all other dlcs nothing everyone will get what wee pay for but they are smarter they doo not pay they get for free shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako shtako ...... im the stupid one why to the shtako ?? why to pay iff get for free ??

Deunan
03-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Safe to assume that there's no map expansion with it. What would they put there if they have no new story content?More conflict sites! \o/ :p

Scapes
03-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Just for clarification, in addition to there being no new story line content and missions, does Arktech Revolution also not have any land expansion, or new content to the existing areas suhc as additional conflict sites?

While Arktech Revolution does not add a new landmass, it is adding a lot of new visuals to the landscape in terms of enemies and their behavior. Beyond the standard and elite versions, the master and grandmaster versions are much, much scarier.

Rokea
03-27-2014, 10:51 AM
While Arktech Revolution does not add a new landmass, it is adding a lot of new visuals to the landscape in terms of enemies and their behavior. Beyond the standard and elite versions, the master and grandmaster versions are much, much scarier.

Whats scary is what Trion amounts to DLC

Storm58
03-27-2014, 10:55 AM

Scapes, I do not envy your job, sir...

Scapes
03-27-2014, 10:55 AM

We have the first of a series of articles deep diving into Arktech Revolutions coming up today. It will expand on what Season Pass and DLC5 owners will be receiving.

Scapes
03-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Scapes, I do not envy your job, sir...

As someone who seeks a challenge per your signature, you may not envy it but you can understand why I enjoy what I do.

RAGEFIGHTER
03-27-2014, 11:02 AM
We have the first of a series of articles deep diving into Arktech Revolutions coming up today. It will expand on what Season Pass and DLC5 owners will be receiving.
hopefully it will make some order in all dlcs ??? and tnx to starting pay your attention to mad ppls here

AnGeL
03-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Oh, I've got You covered, Hardy.
You want to know in which DIRECTION this is going?
The very same DIRECTION in which I threw my Season's Farce money.....

Moderator Edit: Image removed.

Go ahead and get angry about this, "Company".
You will NEVER be as angry and upset about this as I am and a lot of the others are over the underhanded fleecing that YOU did to us in this entire sham.
The "ALIENS : COLONIEL MARINES" DLC was better than what You gave us and it ranked in at "pathetic".

Just being "honest" and "constructive".
I am so sorry if You don't like it and can't handle the truth.

Insane to hear YOU talk like that man, just insane.

Trion, you know your doing somthing wrong when your NUMBER#1 fan is talkin like that....

AnGeL
03-27-2014, 11:05 AM

So when you say "New enemies" do you mean, like, ACTUALLY "new" (a new TYPE, not a tanker with purple pants called grandmaster tanky)

Or reskins with a new name?

Just to clarify.....

AnGeL
03-27-2014, 11:07 AM
As someone who seeks a challenge per your signature, you may not envy it but you can understand why I enjoy what I do.

Meh, it aint your fault directly, and IMO, you have been by FAR the best for communication since Defiance started.

I just hope you relay this info/displeasure to the higher ups :(

RAGEFIGHTER
03-27-2014, 11:11 AM
So when you say "New enemies" do you mean, like, ACTUALLY "new" (a new TYPE, not a tanker with purple pants called grandmaster tanky)

Just to clarify.....
i bet its reskin new name and stat edit copy tanker = tanker 2 edit stats change sisual shemes and done i guess i dont know i know codes are not so easy but sometimes i have something like this on my mind but hell man its their job they are pro on this they can doo crazy things why they cant find the right code to make gamplay fine :)

RAGEFIGHTER
03-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Meh, it aint your fault directly, and IMO, you have been by FAR the best for communication since Defiance started.

feel same about it all but not so sure devs realy ceare well they will ceare when mony will stop comming in theyr pockets :) but so far they just search something to blind us so wee realy dont see what wee buy they say here you go this is gold but when you have it paint scratches off and fck they gived me shtako again :)

CRIXDA
03-27-2014, 11:18 AM
I'll give You this, Scapes:
You are on top of it and I am glad that You are.
I don't blame You for removing the photo that I put up there, I meant for that commode to show my displeasure and how I felt that the contents therein had been thrown all over myself and all other DLC owners. But being that DLC "owners" isn't exactly a fair and true adjective for what we received for our money and the idea that the "free radicals" get to play everything too along with us - I guess DLC "renters" is more apropos.
I don't have any ill will toward You, Scapes.
You are like the new draft pick trying to help a team out of the basement and the owners won't spend any money to give You an offensive line, or You are a goaltender with no defense in front of you. I can go on.
There hasn't been any kind of disclosure before, Scapes.
Just a "You get what You get and Like it." Attitude.
You know, a more known and established MMO might get away with this but Defiance is having a birthday in what...a week or less?
One year?
"The Company" can't expect to pull stunts like the "DLC caper" over and over and think that We won't catch on.
We keep expecting someone to "bring it" and all we are getting is "taken".
At least You are hanging around and trying. I am not going to beat You up, man - but Your Company....It is almost Tryion Lannister time, man.

Scapes
03-27-2014, 11:22 AM
hopefully it will make some order in all dlcs ???

Not quite sure what you mean here.

Scapes
03-27-2014, 11:25 AM

Thanks and yes, it's relayed, but more than often the developers themselves will reach out to me about exchanges they're watching on the forums. We are definitely paying attention to what our community's feedback.

Are these reskins? Yes, but to call them that is a disservice to the quality of the new enemy looks being added to Defiance. Additionally, the AI behavior, difficulty, and abilities are far from a "reskin": these foes will look tough and play rough.

Storm58
03-27-2014, 11:25 AM

Come on, Scapes, it's pretty obvious to me! ;P

On the same note, RAGE, I love reading your posts. Almost as good as that one Russian guy that kept trying to translate his messages... :) Keep 'em comin'!

Quebra Regra
03-27-2014, 11:28 AM

I suspect it's a language issue... His/her English is pretty good for an "American", much less a Latvian. Maybe he's saying that the next DLC will explain or continue the storyline of the previous DLCs? Sadly this one will not be story inclined. :(

I give you credit Scapes for not just ducking out on the "unpleasant" conversations.

RAGEFIGHTER
03-27-2014, 11:31 AM

i mean access to dlc contents well not so sure how much there is but like dlc 1 content if there iss acessible only to dlc 1 and season pas 1 owner ..... dlc 5 acess only to dlc 5 and season pass 1 owners ect :) ppls complaying teth they pay moey for stuff wich can get everyone and i agree why pay then??

Holy Bahamut3
03-27-2014, 11:35 AM
The content of your patches called "DLC" I have found extremely dissapointing. What is even more infuriating is I cannot even play what I've paid for with patch 2. Every time I enter an arkbreak I get a critical error. So forgive my annoyance when I find that patch number 5.0 will be similar to patch 3.0 in terms of content.

Scapes
03-27-2014, 11:36 AM
But being that DLC "owners" isn't exactly a fair and true adjective for what we received for our money and the idea that the "free radicals" get to play everything too along with us - I guess DLC "renters" is more apropos.

I've been talking with the Defiance developers on this topic. We're eager to make certain our Season Pass and DLC5 players appreciate the value of their purchases. Today's article detailing EGO rating and weapon power changes will touch on this.

Scapes
03-27-2014, 11:38 AM
i mean access to dlc contents well not so sure how much there is but like dlc 1 content if there iss acessible only to dlc 1 and season pas 1 owner ..... dlc 5 acess only to dlc 5 and season pass 1 owners ect :) ppls complaying teth they pay moey for stuff wich can get everyone and i agree why pay then??

While globally game-changing content is difficult (unfair, imbalanced, generally not cool) to put behind a paywall, our Season Pass and DLC5 players are definitely getting additional value when Arktech Revolution hits live. Keep an eye out for today's article detailing EGO rating and weapon power changes for more information.

Scapes
03-27-2014, 11:40 AM
I give you credit Scapes for not just ducking out on the "unpleasant" conversations.

You say unpleasant, I say important. We have answers to give, it's just a matter of me balancing wading hip-deep in the forums and working on broad-reaching content (like our upcoming anniversary).

Im Lost
03-27-2014, 11:43 AM
Are these reskins? Yes, but to call them that is a disservice to the quality of the new enemy looks being added to Defiance. Additionally, the AI behavior, difficulty, and abilities are far from a "reskin": these foes will look tough and play rough.

If the Dark Matter pics floating around are actually what they look like then we are spot on. They look like the team played Rift for 30min and looted some common plate armor and decided to throw them on Defiance mobs.

AnGeL
03-27-2014, 11:44 AM
You say unpleasant, I say important. We have answers to give, it's just a matter of me balancing wading hip-deep in the forums and working on broad-reaching content (like our upcoming anniversary).

Like I said, problems aside, it is REALLY nice to have someone that is around so much :) hlps the frutration dwindle slightly.

very much look foward to the news

Scapes
03-27-2014, 11:46 AM
If the Dark Matter pics floating around are actually what they look like then we are spot on. They look like the team played Rift for 30min and looted some common plate armor and decided to throw them on Defiance mobs.

I think you know it's just a little more involved than that.

Deunan
03-27-2014, 11:55 AM
If the Dark Matter pics floating around are actually what they look like then we are spot on. They look like the team played Rift for 30min and looted some common plate armor and decided to throw them on Defiance mobs.And what would you expect from additional Dark Matter tiers for enemies? Dragon wings and tentacles? They're Dark Matter not demons from some fantasy MMORPG. It's consistent with the lore that they only have minor differences in appearance just like the Enforcers, Monitors and Snipers do.

Im Lost
03-27-2014, 11:56 AM

So they played Rift for an hour? Seriously though the character design is really bad. They look more at home in Rift than anywhere in Defiance.

Im Lost
03-27-2014, 12:02 PM
And what would you expect from additional Dark Matter tiers for enemies? Dragon wings and tentacles? They're Dark Matter not demons from some fantasy MMORPG. It's consistent with the lore that they only have minor differences in appearance just like the Enforcers, Monitors and Snipers do.

Question did I say anything remotely leading in that direction? I do agree that the changes in appearance should be minor. This is a sci-fi shooter and Dark Matter are made up of alien races. As such they should follow Dark Matter design tenants and not steal armor design from the dark ages of earth.

Holy Bahamut3
03-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Question did I say anything remotely leading in that direction? I do agree that the changes in appearance should be minor. This is a sci-fi shooter and Dark Matter are made up of alien races. As such they should follow Dark Matter design tenants and not steal armor design from the dark ages of earth.

Well they already did samrai , and cowboys. Since the premise is already alien based all that have left is DARK ages...

Arsenic_Touch
03-27-2014, 12:06 PM

Broad reaching content eh? Upcoming anniversary? so there's something planned for the 2nd?

Well they already did samrai , and cowboys. Since the premise is already alien based all that have left is DARK ages...

PIRATES!

Cass can hang out at the crater in a wench's outfit, serving Rum!

Im Lost
03-27-2014, 12:10 PM

Sadly this is true about all we have left to look forward to is knights, pirates and a toga party.

tabularasa
03-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Sadly this is true about all we have left to look forward to is knights, pirates and a toga party.

Horses! At least w/e the horses mutated into.....Maybe Rifts is peeking in and we can get ridable hellbugs

bigguy
03-27-2014, 12:32 PM
I predicted at least a month ago that the good content that we all wanted was goin to come after dlc 5 was over and all the season pass holders had been satisfied contracturally. Its disgusting and outrageous that because TRION already had our money TRION felt they didnt have to give us anything substantial in the dlc we had already paid for. I HATE the fact that i have already paid for a dlc and TRION will decide how much i can access in the form of vendor rep that will take me months to earn. My opinion is TRION is sneaky and underhanded with thier dlc....I WILL NEVER BUY A SEASON PASS AGAIN

wartitan
03-27-2014, 12:39 PM
So they played Rift for an hour? Seriously though the character design is really bad. They look more at home in Rift than anywhere in Defiance.

I have to disagree with you here, I think the new DM characters have enough subtle changes to make them intriguing but not out of place. On the other hand, I would harldy call them scary as Scapes put it, unless he was referring to scary in the abilities that they will be gaining...

I'm actually a bit jealous of their outfits, I'd love to have a shot at earning one of those from a pursuit to wear around myself, especially the sniper outfit...

CpyMac
03-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Broad reaching content eh? Upcoming anniversary? so there's something planned for the 2nd?

PIRATES!

Cass can hang out at the crater in a wench's outfit, serving Rum!

Uh... I, for one, would not be opposed to this... heh.. might make for one hell-of-a April Fools day...

Just sayin'...

Plus, I'm a fan of good rum!

CRIXDA
03-27-2014, 12:43 PM
My opinion is TRION is sneaky and underhanded with thier dlc....I WILL NEVER BUY A SEASON PASS AGAIN

Oh my.
"sneaky AANNNNNDDD underhanded?????"

I will give You those; bigguy, and I will raise You one "disgusting business practice" to go along with them.
So tell Us this:
Since each and every DLC (uh...yeah) was light on story content, INCLUDING THE VAUNTED GUNSLINGER TRIALS - there isn't going to be ANYTHING for this one either....??????

Tsort
03-27-2014, 01:13 PM
Well they already did samrai , and cowboys.
You forgot the zombies.

InfamousBrad
03-27-2014, 01:30 PM

Adding boss mobs to existing content adds nothing to the story, nor does it really give us anything new to do. It just makes the old, repetitive content slightly harder.

Deunan
03-27-2014, 01:36 PM
Question did I say anything remotely leading in that direction? I do agree that the changes in appearance should be minor. This is a sci-fi shooter and Dark Matter are made up of alien races. As such they should follow Dark Matter design tenants and not steal armor design from the dark ages of earth.I'm not sure why you think they aren't Dark Matter design tenants. They are very consistent with them. In the current game all Dark Matter have shoulder pauldrons, covered helmets and armored boots. In the current game the Monitors (http://videogame-art.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/darkmattermonitor.jpg) have heavy bracers and tunics and the Enforcers (http://videogame-art.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sarakawa-darkmatter-enforcer-soldiers-from-defiance.jpg) have chest armor that resembles banded mail (as does Nim Shondu (http://s.cghub.com/files/Image/502001-503000/502159/048_max.jpg)). With the exception of the Snipers (http://s.cghub.com/files/Image/504001-505000/504423/036_max.jpg) they are essentially armored infantry units so it's not inconsistent that their heavier hitting counterparts would be more heavily armored infantry.

DIS
03-27-2014, 01:45 PM

Only a little more involved? I hope that was sarcasm.

Holy Bahamut3
03-27-2014, 01:47 PM
You forgot the zombies.

*snaps fingers* I knew I forgot something...

CRIXDA
03-27-2014, 01:50 PM
I am happy to have some more challenging Dark Matter units.
Dark Matter should be some total Bad@$$es anyway: ruthless, cunning and straight hardcore. If You look at what they should be in measure of soldiers, they are the fanatical "true believers" (in my opinion) that will fight to the last breath. Very "Waffen SS".
This AT THE VERY LEAST is a small spot of light in a very dark tunnel so far.

Deunan
03-27-2014, 02:06 PM
I've been talking with the Defiance developers on this topic. We're eager to make certain our Season Pass and DLC5 players appreciate the value of their purchases. Today's article detailing EGO rating and weapon power changes will touch on this.I'm inferring from this that they will be exclusive to players that own Arktech Revolution.

RAGEFIGHTER
03-27-2014, 02:37 PM
I'm inferring from this that they will be exclusive to players that own Arktech Revolution.

thets what hee said but nothing about rest dlcs well at last dlc 5 will make some changes

Slayer Slayn
03-27-2014, 03:45 PM
Since we are supposed to be getting new perks how about making some perks passive(work without being equipped) and some active(have to equip them to a perk slot). just saying considering the amount ov available perks vs the amount of perk slots it would be nice /make some sense.

Ned Kelly
03-27-2014, 04:18 PM
What I find annoying is that all this effort in bringing stims, spikes grenade changes, core mechanic changes, seems like wasted money, when the precious small dev team should be working on map expansion, or new content within the map, their is plenty of lore for this from season 1. We don't want trick and his 3 blind mice changing things that then require patch after patch after patch to repair the damage, we want more side missions, main missions, NEW CONTENT!

Scapes you say you are listening, I say you listen then ignore, oh they say they want map expansions, but what they are really saying is they want minor arkfalls to become useless, they say they enjoy solo play, let's remove that from them and make it hard to form groups.....

Rokea
03-27-2014, 04:29 PM
I gave up on the game presenting more lore and background WAY before the first DLC, THANK THE GODS we have the T.V. show for that... unless Syfy does to it like all its other good shows and cancels it *cough* warehouse 13, stargate, Being Human *cough*

Holy Bahamut3
03-27-2014, 04:32 PM
I gave up on the game presenting more lore and background WAY before the first DLC, THANK THE GODS we have the T.V. show for that... unless Syfy does to it like all its other good shows and cancels it *cough* warehouse 13, stargate, Being Human *cough*

Shh! Me and my fiancé like the show, don't give them ideas..

Arsenic_Touch
03-27-2014, 06:36 PM
It's getting kind of late, where's that blog post?

Lillith Valerian
03-27-2014, 07:18 PM

My thought exactly.

I was actually hoping this time would be different, and we'd get it on time.

Henyachingywhy
03-27-2014, 07:20 PM
Hmm, interesting. I'm looking forward to see how this "DLC" turns out.

Im Lost
03-27-2014, 07:24 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Oh well guess i'll go back to watching anime.

Scapes
03-27-2014, 08:19 PM

Some late-hitting copy edits to approve. We'll push it live once greenlit.

CRIXDA
03-27-2014, 08:42 PM
So, I went to a "used game store" that a lot of Us know of (cough...cough.....Lamestop) and I picked up two used copies of Our great game for Xbox 360 to give away to some friends.
At the whopping price of $7.99 per, I managed to "cobble together" the money to buy them.
Why?
Because I still LOVE this game.
I honestly do.
It makes me really sad that Defiance is not even a year old and it is an 8 dollar game.
Damn, dude.
I handed the games out.
One of my friends asked me "hey, which DLCs should I buy?"
$40.00 worth of money that he is working his tail off moving furniture, to get around $17.00 value in actual content........
(I know I said $26. And change before but market depreciation since earlier......)
I told him to hold onto his cash.
What would YOU tell him, Scapes?
Not as a representative of "The Company" but as an MMO player who wants fair value for his wages?

N3gativeCr33p
03-27-2014, 08:47 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Oh well guess i'll go back to watching anime.

You do that... I'll be keeping my PS4 warm. ;)

Oh well... same shtako, different smell.

Im Lost
03-27-2014, 09:02 PM
You do that... I'll be keeping my PS4 warm. ;)

I finished my second play through of Second Son last night. And started a third earlier for the hard difficulty completion and 100% trophies.

N3gativeCr33p
03-27-2014, 09:12 PM
I finished my second play through of Second Son last night. And started a third earlier for the hard difficulty completion and 100% trophies.

Damn... you fiend. ;)

But seriously, congrats. I'm playing Second Son, but I've got it on the slow burner. Love me some inFAMOUS, I played the hell out of the other three back in my PS3 playing days.

(Just got around to installing Thief on my PS4 finally... gonna play it for a bit before I go to sleep.)

Lucent
03-27-2014, 09:25 PM
Loved tonight's blog post!

Scapes
03-27-2014, 09:39 PM
Loved tonight's blog post!

Oh you.

The article is now live, thanks for your patience: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?154069-Arktech-Revolution-The-March-of-Progress

Lucent
03-27-2014, 09:55 PM
I feel like I made that happen with my mind.

Atticus Batman
03-28-2014, 12:57 AM
I feel like I made that happen with my mind.

Something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeuRXO18G4Y

drackiller
03-28-2014, 02:03 AM
I prefer not to make comments before i play the DLC...more changes.

Like always i`ll adapt and overcome...

McClane
03-28-2014, 05:24 AM
Scapes, I have been playing since the beta of Defiance. I loved the beta and decided to pre-order Defiance. The day I installed Defiance I bought the season pass hoping that all the feedback i gave during the beta would be implemented into the game and that I would be recieving REAL DLC for the next year. Your company has not delivered on their seaon pass promise. What I have recieved has been a year of patches that should of been implemented before the game was released. As a season pass holder and a clan founder I can say I am not happy. The amount of money that your company has recieved from me alone makes me sick when I think about what I got in return. Yet I still play because Defiance is a one of a kind game and I love my clanmates. To think that the one year anniversary of Defiance is coming up and I have yet to recieve any sort of land expansion or raids add-on for my season pass just kills me. I want to use the disc as a coffee coaster some times. I just feel burned by your company. It would be nice if all seaon pass holders got a free pass on the next seaon pass. It's the only fair thing you guys can do. We are the core of your game, we been here since day one, we recomended Defiance to many friends, only to get burned in the end. Something needs to be done....and I feel you are the only one who can get the wheels rolling on this. Take care of the veterans of Defiance.

starshipindy
03-28-2014, 06:53 AM

I agree! I didn't spend the money on a season pass to get some new guns and armor (which currently has no benefit). I've never had a DLC pack (let alone this many) consist of such game mechanic updates. I like some of the co-op stuff, but a lot of times I just want to be able to play through a solo story.

Ned Kelly
03-28-2014, 06:57 AM
Scapes, I have been playing since the beta of Defiance. I loved the beta and decided to pre-order Defiance. The day I installed Defiance I bought the season pass hoping that all the feedback i gave during the beta would be implemented into the game and that I would be recieving REAL DLC for the next year. Your company has not delivered on their seaon pass promise. What I have recieved has been a year of patches that should of been implemented before the game was released. As a season pass holder and a clan founder I can say I am not happy. The amount of money that your company has recieved from me alone makes me sick when I think about what I got in return. Yet I still play because Defiance is a one of a kind game and I love my clanmates. To think that the one year anniversary of Defiance is coming up and I have yet to recieve any sort of land expansion or raids add-on for my season pass just kills me. I want to use the disc as a coffee coaster some times. I just feel burned by your company. It would be nice if all seaon pass holders got a free pass on the next seaon pass. It's the only fair thing you guys can do. We are the core of your game, we been here since day one, we recomended Defiance to many friends, only to get burned in the end. Something needs to be done....and I feel you are the only one who can get the wheels rolling on this. Take care of the veterans of Defiance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DLTZctTG6cE#t=0

JediArkHunter
03-28-2014, 04:40 PM

https://31.media.tumblr.com/1d485dc90933d0d22eccc3b87b4ddec5/tumblr_inline_n0oqvghKwv1rbglnc.gif

Yeah, they don't owe you, or other players long term or otherwise, anything they haven't already given.

Trion and the Defiance team could have abandoned the game with all the issues they faced. They didn't. It's taken some time, and a lot of sweat and tears on both sides, but the game has delivered on virtually everything that was promised. Still some ways to go, true. And Ark Revolution seems to be that next giant step. If that isn't enough for you then feel free to find your MMO entertainment elsewhere. But demanding anything more, or telling Trion and the Defiance Team that they owe the players more? No.

Also, Defiance is a free to play game. If you really loved it, it's potential, and wanted to see more added to the game, then paying for things like the Season Pass and store items helps that far more than asking for more free things. I'm sure these observations won't be popular with the vocal minority that fills almost every other forum thread with complaints, snark, and vitriol, but they are nonetheless my viewpoint and, frankly, given Defiance state and chances at longevity they are likewise pretty obvious.

JediArkHunter
03-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Excited for this next DLC! But why do I get the feeling I'm going to have to create a brand new Ark Hunter (not an "alt" fan) to really get the most out of it? Ah Well, makes me glad I opted for the Season Pass.