PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of replaying the side missions?

dejarnat
03-25-2014, 05:56 AM
I very much enjoy the fact that the main story line and the episodic missions are re-playable, but cruising around the map last night, I couldn't help but remember some of the side missions I had done in certain areas.

If I remember right, the side missions had to be completed before the end of the main story line or you had to wait to do them after re-starting the main story but, once they were completed, you were done with them forever.

I just think it would be fun to be able to redo the side missions in a similar fashion as the episodic missions. If you restart the main story, all of the side missions become available again and can be re-done each time you replay the main story.

wartitan
03-25-2014, 06:29 AM
I very much enjoy the fact that the main story line and the episodic missions are re-playable, but cruising around the map last night, I couldn't help but remember some of the side missions I had done in certain areas.

If I remember right, the side missions had to be completed before the end of the main story line or you had to wait to do them after re-starting the main story but, once they were completed, you were done with them forever.

I just think it would be fun to be able to redo the side missions in a similar fashion as the episodic missions. If you restart the main story, all of the side missions become available again and can be re-done each time you replay the main story.

I definitely agree on this one. I am purposely skipping a bunch of the side missions on my new toon to 'save them for a rainy day'.

Arsenic_Touch
03-25-2014, 06:30 AM
One would think that they would've made the side missions playable again along with the main missions given how short the main quest line actually is. But they probably can't because they keep shoving too much stuff in an over populated area. I think they said that side missions can't be brought back for repeat because other things use those assets or something. Can't remember that far back.

Amun Ra
03-25-2014, 07:35 AM
I suggested a few times to, once you reset the game story, to make it (optionally?) a FULL reset.
Not just Main, but also Epi and Side Quests.

Would be wonderful, especially since I missed out on the first half due to my son destroying my headset!

wartitan
03-25-2014, 07:46 AM
I wonder if part of the issue might be due EGO leveling and pursuit attainment? If you do a full reset on the episode missions, I wonder if you would then be able to obtain EGO from those pursuits again, or if the pursuit system isn't directly tied to the EGO levels obtained from episode and side missions.

Maybe a ploy to drive people to HAVE to play PvP in order to get to level 5k?

Amun Ra
03-25-2014, 07:49 AM
Well, you do gain from the kills, and a set reward bonus.
Most seem to reward 2000Exp, if you finish it.
Not much, I agree, but good fun nonetheless.
ESPECIALLY after a grinding a whole weekend of AFs and Incs.

dejarnat
03-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Well, you do gain from the kills, and a set reward bonus.
Most seem to reward 2000Exp, if you finish it.
Not much, I agree, but good fun nonetheless.
ESPECIALLY after a grinding a whole weekend of AFs and Incs.

This is all that I am after. I am getting bored doing the same stuff over and over. This would add (back) some variety.