PDA

View Full Version : Stop focusing on the negatives and enjoy the game!

Merkery N16
04-02-2013, 06:51 PM
just been scrolling the forums and im seeing alot of people expressing alot of negativity in regards to the game which i can understand the frustration a little, however i feel there is so much more right with the game than there is wrong and you should let the bugs well bug ya lol

this is always what happens when a new game of this format arrive it takes 2-3 weeks to get everything straightened out and you just need to keep using the in game report fault option to let them know these issues so they can be resolved

a good example of what i am saying is this. I never got my pre order dodge and yea i was like aw man what the hell but i noticed i can unlock a black version in the vehicle persuits so rather than wasting my time harrasing trion i went to unlock a better one i did not succeed as the last section of my challanges is in a locked section of the map but ill just need to work towards that

so yea as Bob Marley said "Dont worry, Be Happy"

thejx4
04-02-2013, 06:51 PM
All of my issues lie within the actual gameplay experience.

Merkery N16
04-02-2013, 06:54 PM
if that is the case my friend then this may not be the game for you as i personally love it

CReaper210
04-02-2013, 06:57 PM
I have no other problems but the lag. I REALLY want to play the game right now, but the lag is just too bad. I know it will eventually be fixed, so I'm not making a big deal out of it, though.
And all my collectors edition content appeared a few hours ago, I think it is just delayed for everyone. We will probably have all our content by tomorrow.

g0dm0d
04-02-2013, 06:59 PM
This game is awesome. I agree with the OP. Everything is going to be okay and we just have to have patience. A good thought is that we will be complainer free when the game is all worked out since they will have all jumped ship.

Avelya
04-02-2013, 07:00 PM
a good example of what i am saying is this. I never got my pre order dodge and yea i was like aw man what the hell but i noticed i can unlock a black version in the vehicle persuits so rather than wasting my time harrasing trion i went to unlock a better one i did not succeed as the last section of my challanges is in a locked section of the map but ill just need to work towards that

I bet you're the kind of guy that doesn't return dishes when it's not what you asked at the restaurant right lol ?

And I can't write it specifically, but I have seen your forum picture before *wink* *wink* don't tell me you're not a little disappointed with the state of the game at launch ?

RancidPigeon
Well said Merkery. People have unrealistically high expectations for games now a days and if they aren't exact they whine ***** and complain YET they buy the game on day 1 instead of waiting for a few days. I did my research on this game, I've watched the livestreams and videos and as an avid MMO player i knew what i was getting into so i didn't set my hope up to high and you know what...I enjoy the hell out of this game. People need to quit nit picking games and just enjoy them for what the hell they are.. a game with a story. Maybe those people that whine about everything should stop playing video games for a while and take a step back and look at the history of games, go back to playing older games then maybe they might enjoy games more.

Merkery N16
I have no other problems but the lag. I REALLY want to play the game right now, but the lag is just too bad. I know it will eventually be fixed, so I'm not making a big deal out of it, though.
And all my collectors edition content appeared a few hours ago, I think it is just delayed for everyone. We will probably have all our content by tomorrow.
yea would be nice i do really want that black dodge though worked so hard to get denied at the last 3 tasks lol

anyone know what you need to do to pass to the next island?

Merkery N16
04-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Well said Merkery. People have unrealistically high expectations for games now a days and if they aren't exact they whine ***** and complain YET they buy the game on day 1 instead of waiting for a few days. I did my research on this game, I've watched the livestreams and videos and as an avid MMO player i knew what i was getting into so i didn't set my hope up to high and you know what...I enjoy the hell out of this game. People need to quit nit picking games and just enjoy them for what the hell they are.. a game with a story. Maybe those people that whine about everything should stop playing video games for a while and take a step back and look at the history of games, go back to playing older games then maybe they might enjoy games more.

true that, i personally dont watch alot of trailers or previews so i dont get butt hurt when it comes out and it wasnt as i expected however i loved the beta and that was glitchy but i looked passed the faults but hey you cant win em all over i guess

Erithos
04-02-2013, 07:08 PM
My only problem is when playing the players aren't helpful when i ask a question.

Unless you already did so an it wasn't there, for the pre-order dodge challenger, you have to go to the store in-game and go to the claim items section.

Merkery N16
04-02-2013, 07:10 PM
My only problem is when playing the players aren't helpful when i ask a question.

Unless you already did so an it wasn't there, for the pre-order dodge challenger, you have to go to the store in-game and go to the claim items section.

yea tried that bro but it was a no show :( im just going to give it a week and then try customer service maybe as they had a cue of 400 this evening lol

Avelya
04-02-2013, 07:12 PM

That is because of Defiance poorly made chat, voice chat and ''chat zone'' size. People either cannot see you questions, don't see it popping because the chat lights up for about half a second, or disabled voice chat, which causes normal chat to be disabled too.

It's not players that aren't helpful, it's Defiance's poor console port making it nearly impossible for anyone to communicate with others.

Merkery N16
04-02-2013, 08:16 PM
That is because of Defiance poorly made chat, voice chat and ''chat zone'' size. People either cannot see you questions, don't see it popping because the chat lights up for about half a second, or disabled voice chat, which causes normal chat to be disabled too.

It's not players that aren't helpful, it's Defiance's poor console port making it nearly impossible for anyone to communicate with others.

i beg to differ there was alot of selfish players who would not help you do the mission would just sit and let you finish it so they can pic up the completion mark

i literally done the whole pow pow farm infestation on my own whilst 2 players watched me however they did not get off lightly a traditional tea bad salute was passed on to there downed body's prone in the recovery position

ironhands
04-02-2013, 08:25 PM
I haven't seen anything that really stands out as a negative. I had no preorder items, it was fixed pretty quickly. I predownloaded, so no client issues for the past day. Definitely some lag/culling issues on the arkfalls, but there were easily 100 people at the event, so i'm not surprised, but it does make it tough to play when the monarchs literally vanish. I'd like to see a UI overhaul, and a chat overhaul, but I really don't see that as a reason to complain today, when people still haven't been able to connect. the 120hz issue and server load are clearly top priority

ironhands
04-02-2013, 08:27 PM
i beg to differ there was alot of selfish players who would not help you do the mission would just sit and let you finish it so they can pic up the completion mark

totally right. even if you don't see a chat message....seeing someone crawling on the ground in front of you, or killing enemies right in front of you generally indicates a need for assistance