PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait..

orbital chaos
07-25-2012, 10:55 AM
I love trion games.. You guys had the best polish and launch of any mmo I've ever seen with rift and the videos for defiance look just amazing. I can't wait to see what this mmo game brings to us. I hope you guys end up making some hybrid sandbox game with the theme park ride.

I would seriously consider hiring Raph Koster. That guy knows how to make a game fun and social by using real world economies and resource systems etc.. Even in the after math of an alien invasion and complete collapse of society, there is still an economy of sorts even if its in a mad max type of world.

I hope you guys can add in a ton of replay value and make the game somewhat social where players have to depend on others to an extent to achieve certain things in game.

Can't wait for the game..

Kalbuir
07-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Love Koster, I still believe he was the leading force that drove SWG forward and made it the unique online world that it was. Generally though I don't think that game companies should take hiring advice from fans :P.

Jenbuu
07-25-2012, 07:38 PM
were all waiting to see what they can put out :) welcome to the fold

Aaronjin
07-31-2012, 12:59 PM
for defiance, like eve online does, make the items and everything player made....well, except for the blueprints, the npcs can sell those; but making a player driven economy would make the game...funner? maybe :P

Kalbuir
08-01-2012, 04:57 AM
for defiance, like eve online does, make the items and everything player made....well, except for the blueprints, the npcs can sell those; but making a player driven economy would make the game...funner? maybe :P

It would for me atleast, but I am willing to stick my hand in the fire and say now that its not going to happen. I don't think it sells very well these days anymore nor does it have much marketing value to it for the masses. Only veteran gamers are really interested in those type of sandbox features. (which I personally love, but I don't see them selling anymore for AAA titles).

Arkamenitas
08-11-2012, 10:07 PM
yeah, i really have no idea how i will be able to play end of nations, rift:storm legion, and defiance when they all come out.

i shall have to budget my time very effectively, i suspect..