PDA

View Full Version : Cars being spawned at the siege part of incursions

tana1978
03-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Some folks might not like this post, but I wish Trion would do something about this problem. What is happening is that people spawn cars at sieges (mostly kenn farms), then their friends shoot the cars with bug guns, spawning bugs which kill everything. I usually still don't have any trouble getting a good score, but several times it has caused my Xbox to freeze or Crit out. It is verry frustrating playing an incursion for 20+ minutes and not getting anything for it. I would like to suggest maybe turning off the ability to spawn cars at an incursion (obviously just the final "siege" stage) or perhaps if you spawn a car inside the incursion siege it resets your score or severely penalizes you.

Thanks
Feel free to comment if you agree or not, but please be respectful about it

Truly,
DustBomb1978

boogiejive
03-27-2014, 03:32 PM
ya major lag problem, get em out of here i say

Seizan
03-27-2014, 03:32 PM
it sure can be frustrating dude, but i don't think they can implement a system that penalizes those that spawn vehicles because it is possible to accidentally press the button that summons the vehicle.

ConcreteSnake
03-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Agreed, when in the final siege circle just turn off the ability to spawn vehicles. I also see people spawn cars to stop the hulker and get all the points and make me not even have to work at it.

tana1978
03-27-2014, 03:37 PM
They can do something about it though, a lot of co-op maps and all arenas have cars turned off so that should be possible. Feel free to post other ideas you may have to fix it. I wont pretend I'm a game developer, or claim to be a computer expert, but surely Trion must have hired a few who could figure something out.
it sure can be frustrating dude, but i don't think they can implement a system that penalizes those that spawn vehicles because it is possible to accidentally press the button that summons the vehicle.

tana1978
03-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Spanner trappers work great I found, they do 20-30k on hulker every time. They also have a bio nano effect
Agreed, when in the final siege circle just turn off the ability to spawn vehicles. I also see people spawn cars to stop the hulker and get all the points and make me not even have to work at it.

N3gativeCr33p
03-27-2014, 03:45 PM
I also see people spawn cars to stop the hulker and get all the points and make me not even have to work at it.

Seconded, Mr. Snake! :thumbsup:

CM Kiwibird
03-27-2014, 03:51 PM
We'll look into that. Thanks for the report! :o

Critical Errors
03-27-2014, 04:00 PM

Where have you been all my life? Umm... My Defiance forum life I mean... CMs that actually participate!? Its like that time I discovered bacon!

Mmmmm... bacon.... What was I talking about?

Oh right! Vehicles at Incursion Sieges. Maybe a blanket restriction on them at all sieges would be best. It works for shadow wars. No one needs to drive in a siege anyways.

Mess7739
03-27-2014, 04:01 PM
I agree, I was a big 'Crystal Crasher' before I knew what it was doing to everyone's gameplay and as long as its an option to summon your vehicle during these events, then people will summon them, I know so because I would.

This post already pointed out that other players use it to achieve a higher score for themselves, good for them its part of the game, but it does cause a lot of problems to the game's operation and it definitely kills immersion for other players. I propose no vehicles at all public events, the public events have a radius that they project for the event, it would be easy to use this or perhaps a smaller radius as a 'freeze/kill zone' on vehicle use within the radius.

Trion should add physical barricades scattered around the 'freeze/kill zone' to identify it such as the fallen pieces of Ark debris during the Dark Matter Arkfalls, parked Raider trucks or EMC APCs, fallen Scrapper Nodes or biological Afflicted/Hellbug growths to prohibit vehicle 'entry' keeping with Defiance's lore. That way people showing up to the public events don't think its a glitch when their vehicle mysteriously gets destroyed and can't summon another one with another 50 meters of unobstructed terrain left to the objective event.

This will restrict vehicle use at events and help keep players immersed in the game, "The ways blocked, looks like its on foot from here.", resulting in most people being happy.

Mudturtle Jones
03-27-2014, 04:11 PM
No one needs to drive in a siege anyways.

Some people use their vehicles at the Mutant District siege to get from one cap point to another because of the distance between them.

Critical Errors
03-27-2014, 04:19 PM
Some people use their vehicles at the Mutant District siege to get from one cap point to another because of the distance between them.

It's been awhile since I've seen a MD siege, but aren't the cap points all fairly centralized? Or are you thinking of spawn points? Because I have no pity for people that need to rush spawn points. In fact, the whole spawn system in sieges would benefit from a good tweaking.

Atticus Batman
03-27-2014, 04:33 PM
They can do something about it though, a lot of co-op maps and all arenas have cars turned off so that should be possible. Feel free to post other ideas you may have to fix it. I wont pretend I'm a game developer, or claim to be a computer expert, but surely Trion must have hired a few who could figure something out.

Those are instanced events, Sieges and arkfalls arent. So disabling for seiges and arkfalls would affect the rest of the main world.

tana1978
03-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Agreed..........
It's been awhile since I've seen a MD siege, but aren't the cap points all fairly centralized? Or are you thinking of spawn points? Because I have no pity for people that need to rush spawn points. In fact, the whole spawn system in sieges would benefit from a good tweaking.

alienstookmybeer
03-27-2014, 04:37 PM

I'm with Mudturtle on this.

Mutant District is spread out quite a bit more than the others AND it has a big hill between some of the cap points. Having to circumvent that hill on foot would be a huge PITA.

tana1978
03-27-2014, 04:39 PM
Thanks a lot kiwi. I think I speak for most of the community when I say we really appreciate the way Trion has been active in resolving issues lately. Before it seemed a bit like no one really cared about the success of this game. I personally applaud Trion for trying to break some new ground with console gaming, even though there have been many issues since launch day.

tana1978
03-27-2014, 04:42 PM
I haven't encountered one of those in a while, but I don't disagree with cars at incursions for travel, not the same thing. They could leave cars on that one. It never appears anyways.

Mutant District is spread out quite a bit more than the others AND it has a big hill between some of the cap points. Having to circumvent that hill on foot would be a huge PITA.

Critical Errors
03-27-2014, 04:44 PM

Oops! I was thinking about the Mutant Siege, not Mutant District. That hill is a struggle without a vehicle, but it would be a worthwhile trade to get rid of the vehicles. Also, you can run up that hill at an angle and it's much easier.

tana1978
03-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Physics what a concept
Oops! I was thinking about the Mutant Siege, not Mutant District. That hill is a struggle without a vehicle, but it would be a worthwhile trade to get rid of the vehicles. Also, you can run up that hill at an angle and it's much easier.

tana1978
03-27-2014, 04:48 PM

I too was thinking mutant seige

Mess7739
03-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Those are instanced events, Sieges and arkfalls arent. So disabling for seiges and arkfalls would affect the rest of the main world.

When we enter a public event area that's when all the damage and kills we do starts getting recorded for and displayed as our personal score so there must be a boundary our characters pass through. Trion should just lock out the summon vehicle action after we pass through the boundary into the siege area, that shouldn't affect the rest of the world.

Atticus Batman
03-27-2014, 05:20 PM
When we enter a public event area that's when all the damage and kills we do starts getting recorded for and displayed as our personal score so there must be a boundary our characters pass through. Trion should just lock out the summon vehicle action after we pass through the boundary into the siege area, that shouldn't affect the rest of the world.

Ok but I will never do the mutant district ones again then, becuase that one is big, and not confined in a small area, so everyone would get fewer points since we could'n just drive to the unprotected point. The same can be said (to a lesser degree) of Diablo Station.

How about, instead of wanting to remove game elements (even for a little bit) they just make it so the Titan (mission vehicle) Can only be used on the main roads, and bugs can't be spawned on a Raptor. The vehicles don't bug me. The only ones you can't shoot through or around are the Raptor, and the Titan anyway.

I for one am tired of the "remove this item" "nerf that item" posts anyway. They always just end up ruining more of the game.

Mess7739
03-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Ok but I will never do the mutant district ones again then, becuase that one is big, and not confined in a small area, so everyone would get fewer points since we could'n just drive to the unprotected point. The same can be said (to a lesser degree) of Diablo Station...

...I for one am tired of the "remove this item" "nerf that item" posts anyway. They always just end up ruining more of the game.

I understand but imo its the easiest fix I can think of without breaking immersion for me, maybe even add another cap point to the Mutant Siege so the points aren't so wide spread from one another, closer cap points means closer players.

Critical Errors
03-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Ok but I will never do the mutant district ones again then, becuase that one is big, and not confined in a small area, so everyone would get fewer points since we could'n just drive to the unprotected point. The same can be said (to a lesser degree) of Diablo Station.

How about, instead of wanting to remove game elements (even for a little bit) they just make it so the Titan (mission vehicle) Can only be used on the main roads, and bugs can't be spawned on a Raptor. The vehicles don't bug me. The only ones you can't shoot through or around are the Raptor, and the Titan anyway.

I for one am tired of the "remove this item" "nerf that item" posts anyway. They always just end up ruining more of the game.

I've been ranking up some bug-spitters lately at Kenn Farms, and you can indeed use the other types of vehicles. The catch is that it can't be your vehicle. Pretty sure that's why we see multiple cars spawning at once. Friends are spawning them for each other.
As for MD siege, it's really not a big deal to run to the points. The volge are smart enough to run to you if you shoot at them.

Deunan
03-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Infectors being able to hit vehicles and spawn bugs is an exploit. They should fix that and the problem will go away. In the mean time feel free to report players using an exploit. The Defiance Team may choose to not do anything as they have in the past for the shield exploits but they would be well within their rights to perma-ban any player account caught using the exploit.

El Horse
03-27-2014, 06:35 PM
Agreed that taking away the ability to spawn bugs off vehicles will fix this. Reporting players for using the exploit may not be that easy as it's pretty hard to tell who the culprits are sometimes. Just the other week, some tool accused me in zone chat of using this exact exploit, probably because I had an Innoculator equipped in my secondary.

Binky
03-28-2014, 06:26 AM
Considering the fact that TRION can despawn vehicles anywhere they want to, and seem to have no problem despawning vehicles at any time, then despawning vehicles within 100 feet of a spawn, cap or crystal, hive should be no trouble for them, and would allow them to turn their evil powers to the good.

They can also keep vehicles from spawning inside areas of their choosing. All they have to do is choose to deny vehicle spawning within that same 100 feet.

I'm just weary of all of the impediments to actually shooting in a shooter. There are so many things that block my sight or my ability to see a crit zone on the target to begin with, and that just adds to the crappy weapons spraying projectiles all around target instead of where I'm aiming:
I can't see the target to shoot at it with all the shield/protector BMGs.
I can't see the target to shoot at it with all the rebounder rockets.
I can't see the target to shoot at it with all the coldfired weapons making the target area a huge glowing blur.
Now vehicles are being used more and more as the new way to score points while causing mayhem to as many players as possible just wanting to shoot in a shooter.
I can't see the target to shoot at it with all the vehicles crashed into it or parked all over it. Spawning a parkinglot all over the target or all over the loot right afterwards while the loot is on a disappear-o timer and despawning while I run to it is just one more kick in the 'nads.

Dog forbid I try to tell anyone else how to play the game they paid for (or are playing the demo for free).
But the turnabout seems to be 'Dog forbid me thinking I might have any fun shooting in a shooter game without all the griefers spawning crap' to teach me some kind of lesson about how they're justified using any method they want that interferes with as many people as they can.

Griefing seems to be part of that challenge to make the greens I get as rewards, and more crap blues I can crush from T-4s, all the more satisfying.

xilfxlegion
03-28-2014, 07:01 AM

no, but they already have a system in place that can male it so you cannot spawn your vehicle there --- just like the one they use in the co op maps --- simply transfer it to sieges and incursions.

also make it so your vehicle disappears once you get within the radius of the siege or incursion.

jschmuck33
03-28-2014, 07:04 AM
I see two possibilities being suggested.

One, once they figure out what is causing the mysterious repo of our vehicles (hasn't happened as much but still there every now and again), they can use that code to instantly despawn vehicles as they enter an event area. The problem with this solution is, what happens if you accidentally hit the edge of an event you are simply driving past... I could see it becoming a huge headache very quickly. Making it so vehicles couldn't spawn at all inside events would also be increasingly frustrating when you are in one event but want to go to another event close by and have to run to the edge of the circle before being able to spawn you vehicle.

Two, make it so bugs don't spawn when shot at vehicles. I personally have yet to experience the issue with this at sieges but I also have not been able to get on much in the last few days and have only done about two sieges (end of incursions) in that time. However, making it so bugs don't spawn seems to me like the better option. You then don't have people shooting their vehicles to gain points, which (as Deunan already said) is an exploit, it's a problem in the code that makes it so the bugs spawn when not hitting an enemy. But at the same time people are still allowed to spawn vehicles if they want, thereby not restricting how they want to play the game. I like that when you get out of your vehicle you can't shoot through it but they need to make it so that the bugs don't spawn.

Combo Breaker
03-28-2014, 07:19 AM
I was wondering what the whole car spawning crap was about. I had also wondered about the huge tidal wave of bugs that passed me a couple times. I thought it was griefing.

Chevota
03-28-2014, 08:39 AM
AH-mazing... it took 24 posts before someone got to the root of the problem...

People wonder why TRION doesnt listen to you all whenever you all group together and start raging about something. And its because most all of you get the fundamental issue wrong.

TRION doesnt need to de-activate cars @ Sieges. YOU ARE ALL WRONG THERE... the issue, that some have finally gotten to in the thread, is the fact Infectors damage others cars. Stop that, you stop the bugs.

But again, its tough to do. You need Damage vs Cars because of Shadow Wars. Even if they go "Ok, only the quads for SW take damage" Guess what we get @ Incursions... yup 15 quads. Better, but not quite the fix we want.

jschmuck33
03-28-2014, 08:52 AM
I say just make it so the bugs don't spawn when you hit a car. Or make it so an enemy has to be in the car for it to take damage. This would allow for people to still use any weapon they choose to in SW and yet prevent shooting a friends vehicle to spawn bugs everywhere. They obviously can make the distinction between friends and enemies and that players can fill both roles (open world and PVP). I feel like this would be the best option.

N3gativeCr33p
03-28-2014, 09:13 AM
I was wondering what the whole car spawning crap was about. I had also wondered about the huge tidal wave of bugs that passed me a couple times. I thought it was griefing.

Yeah, you and me both...

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1376799/nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Kibblehouse
03-28-2014, 10:59 AM
So this is either new, or I was lucky enough not to run into it. Do only the Infectors hit the vehicles? Is it possible to have a cpl guys with Detonators kill the vehicles? As I said I havent run into this or I wouldnt be asking. If it works I am thinking I could level some weapons and do a public service at the same time.

Sgt Frankenstein
03-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Some folks might not like this post, but I wish Trion would do something about this problem. What is happening is that people spawn cars at sieges (mostly kenn farms), then their friends shoot the cars with bug guns, spawning bugs which kill everything. I usually still don't have any trouble getting a good score, but several times it has caused my Xbox to freeze or Crit out. It is verry frustrating playing an incursion for 20+ minutes and not getting anything for it. I would like to suggest maybe turning off the ability to spawn cars at an incursion (obviously just the final "siege" stage) or perhaps if you spawn a car inside the incursion siege it resets your score or severely penalizes you.

Thanks
Feel free to comment if you agree or not, but please be respectful about it

Truly,
DustBomb1978
Yeah I've seen this before. It is very frustrating. Also they don't just use the bug guns, They're trying to trap the afflicted so they can get the kills while other people trying to get kills in are on the wrong side of the vehicles. It is creative yet lame they would have to resort to that in order to get a high score. I agree that vehicles shouldn't be able to be spawned at sieges or incursions.

Z0mb1E
03-28-2014, 12:27 PM
So this is either new, or I was lucky enough not to run into it. Do only the Infectors hit the vehicles? Is it possible to have a cpl guys with Detonators kill the vehicles? As I said I havent run into this or I wouldnt be asking. If it works I am thinking I could level some weapons and do a public service at the same time.

I have not seen a case of detonators working in this case, however one can notice their BMG will link to an adjacent vehicle.

Kibblehouse
03-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Thats a shame, that was my solution back when guys were doing donuts around the crystals to kill all the skitterlings.... Make The Vehicles Killable. That way even if they wouldn't quit, we could at least use them to skill up.