PDA

View Full Version : Is something going on with TRION?

Chocolatelover67
03-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Just wondering because I had to use the support part of the website a few times over the last couple of days when I had problems changing email address.

Every time they replied to my email they kept mentioning problems with RIFT which I found very strange. They keep mentioning issues with Rift when I am asking about Defiance?

So is something going on with this game or do they forget that they have this game on their system?

Deunan
03-27-2014, 06:01 PM
No, that happens quite often. I've gotten a response from them more than once that is the generic intro to a response to an issue with Rift. It's just a lack of attention given to the detail of your support ticket when they issue out the same generic follow up questions because of key words in your support ticket. For the PC they are almost always asking for your hardware profile as a rote first response to any issue for which you file a support ticket They're really not paying close attention to what text support tickets are reporting which is extremely annoying because half of the time they provide a response that isn't even applicable to the issue.

You're much better off going to live chat support instead.

CM Kiwibird
03-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Ex-GM here, I can provide some insight. That just means you were put in the wrong product queue. That sometimes happens when you're making basic account changes.

For regular tickets or Live Chat, that shouldn't happen if you select the correct product. :o If it is happening, just tell them that you're writing in about Defiance.

Chocolatelover67
03-27-2014, 06:43 PM
Ex-GM here, I can provide some insight. That just means you were put in the wrong product queue. That sometimes happens when you're making basic account changes.

For regular tickets or Live Chat, that shouldn't happen if you select the correct product. :o If it is happening, just tell them that you're writing in about Defiance.

I did......... I mentioned Defiance several times in my support ticket.

But the issues seem to be resolved and my logins are working again. I sent you a PM too about another issue.

Rokea
03-27-2014, 07:00 PM
HAHAHAHA I had that problem with Rift it sent me to Defiance hahaha

CM Kiwibird
03-27-2014, 07:15 PM
I sent you a PM too about another issue.

You should have a response waiting in your inbox! I'm sorry about your ticket.

Lillith Valerian
03-27-2014, 07:25 PM
When I accidently destroyed a bunch of my weapons, I sent in a ticket hoping to get them back.

They eventually responded saying they wouldn't give them all back, and to list the details for just some of them. I made it as easy as possible, and gave them all the details (time destroyed as well as the exact weapons) for just two blue weapons. That's all I wanted back. Just two blue weapons (triple identical bonuses and nano I'd wanted for forever). It's got to be a hassle for them to scan through history lists and such. I didn't want to take too much of their time.

They eventually dumped two weapons into my overflow. Both were just useless randomized versions of what I had before, rather than the exact stats.

To top it off, they were Ego 630. My character is 3,400. Not only were they not what I had, the useless randomized replacements didn't even have white bonuses.

That was a distinct moment where I started to just not care. That may sound good. It's not.

CM Kiwibird
03-27-2014, 07:39 PM
That was a distinct moment where I started to just not care. That may sound good. It's not.

That's definitely not something that I want or like. When something isn't handled correctly, email us at gm_feedback@trionworlds.com.

hey u
03-27-2014, 08:05 PM
When I accidently destroyed a bunch of my weapons, I sent in a ticket hoping to get them back.

They eventually responded saying they wouldn't give them all back, and to list the details for just some of them. I made it as easy as possible, and gave them all the details (time destroyed as well as the exact weapons) for just two blue weapons. That's all I wanted back. Just two blue weapons (triple identical bonuses and nano I'd wanted for forever). It's got to be a hassle for them to scan through history lists and such. I didn't want to take too much of their time.

They eventually dumped two weapons into my overflow. Both were just useless randomized versions of what I had before, rather than the exact stats.

To top it off, they were Ego 630. My character is 3,400. Not only were they not what I had, the useless randomized replacements didn't even have white bonuses.

You lucky. My first time with mass breakdown I lost ALL but a few items which really sucked and did live chat and they told me too bad and this part I'm applying they meant this but they basically said to me "sucks to be you lesson learned now you know sorry we can't get you back any of your lost weapons".

Lillith Valerian
03-27-2014, 08:57 PM
The responses throughout the year have been inconsistent, which is always going to cause problems.

Sometimes people have had all of their exact weapons returned to them. Sometimes it's only been 'just a few important ones' phrased in different ways by the representative. Sometimes they've had the dreaded re-spawns (usually useless unless they were oranges, and even then...). And sometimes they've been told, 'too bad'.

I don't think it's realistic to expect them to restore everything, and I don't expect them to fix our mistake more than once. To do so is asking for 'oops, I accidentally destroyed these crappy oranges, just re-roll them for me' abuse, which I have heard happen. But meet us half-way, at least. One fix, and actually restore the few items requested.

I'm just a girl who wanted a couple of her favorite new toys back. Maybe an email will work, like Kiwi suggested. I'm skeptical of the corporate machine.

hey u
03-27-2014, 09:08 PM
The responses throughout the year have been inconsistent, which is always going to cause problems.

Sometimes people have had all of their exact weapons returned to them. Sometimes it's only been 'just a few important ones' phrased in different ways by the representative. Sometimes they've had the dreaded re-spawns (usually useless unless they were oranges, and even then...). And sometimes they've been told, 'too bad'.

I don't think it's realistic to expect them to restore everything, and I don't expect them to fix our mistake more than once. To do so is asking for 'oops, I accidentally destroyed these crappy oranges, just re-roll them for me' abuse, which I have heard happen. But meet us half-way, at least. One fix, and actually restore the few items requested.

I'm just a girl who wanted a couple of her favorite new toys back. Maybe an email will work, like Kiwi suggested. I'm skeptical of the corporate machine.

In the past when dealing with the live chat or tickets I may have had one too many beers and special brownies/Washington state medicinal medication and came across like *** to the agent in the past and just so happened with my luck on that day of reckoning I had that same agent who I wasn't that nicest and respectful to so he was unwilling to help me out so in the end when I look back on it I have nobody to blame but myself with a upside down smile on my face.

N3gativeCr33p
03-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Thanks to GM Naalsuul, I have absolutely zero complaints with their live support.

Now other divisions within their company, on the other hand... not so much.

hey u
03-27-2014, 09:18 PM
Hello Ark Hunter,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your accidentally salvaged item in Defiance.

I apologize for any frustration this issue has caused. Unfortunately, we do not assist with restoring salvaged items. If you would like to learn more about our policies regarding this matter, please visit the following support site link:

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/80.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is *****************

Sincerely,

GM Aithusa
Trion Worlds Inc.

hey u
03-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Well crap was my first time and I messed up really bad. If you can help me out with my 2 legendary sniper rifles that I just got it would mean a lot to me. They were so sick and today I just try to do mass breakdown and really messed up. I lost my good weapons but those I just got.

I will make you a deal I will blow 100 in bits on tier 4 lock boxes if I can get them back. I can do on the 3rd as that is the day I get paid and will do?

rebtattoo
03-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks to GM Naalsuul, I have absolutely zero complaints with their live support.

Now other divisions within their company, on the other hand... not so much.Interesting....He was the one that locked me out of my acct. for the entire weekend, last boost weekend.

Glad you had good dealings with him.

Chocolatelover67
03-27-2014, 09:24 PM
HAHAHAHA I had that problem with Rift it sent me to Defiance hahaha

That's priceless

Valethar
03-28-2014, 03:09 AM
No, that happens quite often. It's just a lack of attention given to the detail of your support ticket when they issue out the same generic follow up questions because of key words in your support ticket.

Sadly, it's a fairly regular occurrence. On one issue, I went around in circles with them for the better part of a week before I finally got someone who actually paid attention to what I was trying to tell them had happened, instead of just clicking on keywords or whatever the heck they do before they send you a boilerplate generic answer and close the ticket.

Oddly enough, I get better responses from the team monitoring the forums most of the time, as opposed to whomever is reading the tickets.

Fortunately, I haven't had any major issues since the new year. :p

CM Kiwibird
03-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Your reference number for this ticket is *****************
I looked into that, and you should have some follow up on that soon. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Glad you had good dealings with him.
You have a PM waiting in your inbox. :o

Slayer Slayn
03-28-2014, 08:30 PM
after the mass breakdown hit the game I took to the forums to see how well it was working. after seeing others expeiriences I have been very careful to avoid the mass breakdown/sell buttons at all cost. I still do everything in singles because I don't want to deal with any GMs. now I have had issues in the past and they were resolved with some slight effort (nothing annoying or angering). but I don't want to risk having a GM in a bad mood get beef with me cause I had an accident / pressed the wrong button because of lag. I was a huge fanboy of this game then the "DLCs" started rolling out, nest the unlimited frre to play with increased ego cap and I got really salty about it. and have remained skeptical of any and all thigs defiance says are gonna be awesome or make it better. but with the new scoring system from DLC:GST I am getting hopeful again. cant say I'm liking all the ideals for arktech revolution though..... the new scaling system for enemies, guns, ect ect just seems like a coverup of some kind maybe a placebo??? new harder enemies are nice but scaling guns,ect,ect to enemies and ego and so on and so forth sounds like the difficulty will remain about the same just getting some new skins to "spice it up" that's the feel I got for it so far.

barely Hopeful, Somewhat doubtful, and still Highly concerned.... I guess that sums up my current feelings for the game. (hoping for a new outfit system someday. hopefully breaking the outfit into:[lower/legs, upper, head, backpack])

hey u
03-28-2014, 10:46 PM
LOL I had as well took to the forums. At the time I made the switch from 360 to PS3 and had no friends that I had bothered to make yet. LOL I had even read people on the forums mass breaking their inventory and read quite the few of them and I thought I had it mastered so I decide to do mass breakdown and back then it did all your weapons including orange weapons but on my other classes I had crap weapons equipped on and that day I pulled some really nice snipers with an amazing scope aim on it that put tears in my eye.

So that day I decided and after reading the forums of people messing up I had thought I had it figured and at the time thought if the star wasn't lit up next to the weapon that when I did the mass breakdown it would save them and junk the rest boy was I wrong and luckily I had 2 crap oranges equipped to 2 other loadouts our I probably would have cried more than I did at the time.

EternalRain
03-29-2014, 06:59 AM
The 4 dealings with live chat and mistakenly salvage items went without any problems. In 3 cases, I was refunded back legendary weapons at the same ego, but different stats; some better, some worse. The 4th dealing I was able to be sent to tier 2 support, where they perfectly cloned a legendary that I was holding for a friend. Being polite, respectful and understanding always helps those situations.
However, there is a nifty setting in the gameplay options menu called the "mass breakdown filter". Set this to RARE or below, and you'll never mass break a purp or orange anything....ever.

hey u
03-29-2014, 04:39 PM
The 4 dealings with live chat and mistakenly salvage items went without any problems. In 3 cases, I was refunded back legendary weapons at the same ego, but different stats; some better, some worse. The 4th dealing I was able to be sent to tier 2 support, where they perfectly cloned a legendary that I was holding for a friend. Being polite, respectful and understanding always helps those situations.
However, there is a nifty setting in the gameplay options menu called the "mass breakdown filter". Set this to RARE or below, and you'll never mass break a purp or orange anything....ever.

Back when I did it there was no filter that I saw. Now that you mention this it's odd that now when I mass breakdown it wont do my purple or oranges and I must go and individually breakdown each weapon. The one thing that I look back on that really ticks me off that I did it was I had this AR that I had fallen in love with. Back in the day someone I had met was messing with me and told me when I take off mods it wont delete the gun so I de mod my gun only for it to disappear on me. I had done live chat and sent in soooooooooo many tickets and back then had read somewhere that there is a 1 week period in which a item could be recovered.

I sent so many tickets and live chat I tried but back then there was a problem connecting to live but I finally get ahold of someone on the last day before it went void and the GM told me for my loyal support he or she could this 1 time and due to the person lying to me about keeping my weapon but the GM said he or she could help me this 1 time and boy could I feel the love and I shed tears of joy. Along with my 2 AMAZING sniper rifles I had pulled that day and that AR I did shed tears that day. Defiance is the only game I had cried over. I had spent lots of money on boxes and had just pulled the best sniper rifles ever and lost my AR I fought for and sent in so many tickets begging for it back BURN.

Rokea
03-29-2014, 04:54 PM

Mass breakdown filter came out with dlc 3 (if I remember correctly) before that you were s.o.l

Ambelina
04-02-2014, 02:09 AM
I also never touched the mass breakdown button when it was implemented and had a very large incident of weapons breaking themselves down during an ARKfall which some extreme server lag happened during. About 600 items; shields, weapons and T4 mods; broke themselves down and I opened a live chat immediately only to catch the one GM I or any of my friends have ever had good dealings with. Even though I was furious, I remained polite and respectful and he gave me the typical cookie cutter responses I expected and kept implying that I activated it, which was not the case at all. I ended up escalating it to tier2 support and initially recieved another cookie cutter response and decided I was quitting. About 30 minutes later I received another email from the same T2 GM, Nycoloth, apologizing repeatedly for not taking the time to investigate it and just sending me out the response he did. He then escalated it further amenities received Senior GM Destromathe, who worked with me over the span of about 3 weeks to a month restoring my inventory. I gave him a list of my "Unicorns" and other items which were important to me, mainly the shields and T4 mods, and told him as far as the rest of the weapons went, I didn't care if they were randomized. I ended up receiving about 80-90% of what I had lost and about 25 of the weapons were returned just as they were when I lost them. So, as far as having the items returned, it is possible, it just takes having a cool head, being courteous, and a LOT of luck.