PDA

View Full Version : We need a hotfix for shield glithing

Cyborg Superman
03-28-2014, 12:24 PM
I was told not to long ago that people can glitch they shields in PVP to make them unable to die. I didn't think nothing of it til i notice a few people not only survive a point blank shot to the face with my zagger but not even take any damage. WTF is up with that. We need a fix for that soon cuz it's hard to have fun with your friends and clanmates when we have people forcing everyone to rage quit. I don't know why some people take PVP in the game so serious when we don't have leaderboards. I play for fun and guess what pvp is no longer fun for me:(

Nefarious
03-28-2014, 02:18 PM
Idk if it is an intentional thing that happens. Usually the shield glitch worked in that it would be in a constant state of recharge.

Ive had moments where I shot at a player and their shield was just not going down.

Ive had moments when my shield would not go down.

And Ive been apart where me and another person shooting at each other and both our shields wouldn't go down. We unloaded entire mags into each other.

Funny enough though Infectors seem to bypass this glitch and harm the player. Yeah, out of all things the Infector is still the magic weapon for everything.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
03-28-2014, 02:20 PM
i have a great idea, instead of removing the shield glitch lets BUFF the heck out of zaggers!

OttawaREDBLACKS
03-28-2014, 02:21 PM
what your thinking of is how ****ty the connection becomes sometimes that bullets don't even register on either a persons screen as damage or on the other persons character. However there still is a shield glitch that can which is completly different then what your thinking about which only be done in shadow wars where a person has constantly regenerating shields which go quicker then 3 full ticks of canker.

Nefarious
03-28-2014, 02:32 PM
i have a great idea, instead of removing the shield glitch lets BUFF the heck out of zaggers!

100% Ego Recharge on reload. And 50% extension on the duration to active Ego power on reload.

Trion make it happen.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
03-28-2014, 02:37 PM
100% Ego Recharge on reload. And 50% extension on the duration to active Ego power on reload.

Trion make it happen.

Plus 3 Keycodes on kill?

Nefarious
03-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Plus 3 Keycodes on kill?

5 keycodes on kill.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwobmpkPmB1r6aoq4o1_400.gif

OttawaREDBLACKS
03-28-2014, 02:44 PM
actually cancel that certain weapons dont do damage such as the quick repeater I have only doing 162 damage instead of 11xx to someone.

Deunan
03-28-2014, 03:08 PM
I think this is exclusive to the Xbox platform. If it does require being in a Shadow War match it still works outside the match afterwards. It is also intentional by at least some players as it is it can be triggered deliberatly by a player acccording to the Xbox player that posted the video below and is clearly engaging PvE content outside of Shadow Wars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT1GLITC9fE

I think fixing it is currently beyond the capabilities of the Development Team because they've known about this for well over half a year now and haven't fixed it to date.

OttawaREDBLACKS
03-28-2014, 03:14 PM
I think this is exclusive to the Xbox platform. If it does require being in a Shadow War match it still works outside the match afterwards. It is also intentional by at least some players as it is it can be triggered deliberatly by a player acccording to the Xbox player that posted the video below and is clearly engaging PvE content outside of Shadow Wars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT1GLITC9fE

I think fixing it is currently beyond the capabilities of the Development Team because they've known about this for well over half a year now and haven't fixed it to date.

you talking about the guardian that was fixed and tested by myself within this week to be normal.

duction
03-28-2014, 07:39 PM
the more i play shadow wars the more ive noticed its happerning since the servers got laggy and they moved shadow wars into the main server with everyone.... ugh please stop the lag issues! some shots just dont register,

Amack
03-28-2014, 07:44 PM
the more i play shadow wars the more ive noticed its happerning since the servers got laggy and they moved shadow wars into the main server with everyone.... ugh please stop the lag issues! some shots just dont register,

I knew you would catch on eventually Duction. Good job my man. There is no glitch or exploit. It is server latency and that is why Trion dubbed it "creative use of game mechanics" previously because they were at a loss how to fix it.

Arran
03-29-2014, 02:22 AM
Yes it's lag alot of the time but there is also a way to glitch your shields. Have been seeing a lot of it happening at sieges aswel, atleaste Xbox eu anyway. This has been in the game a long time now so I'm sure the devs are aware, even if their doing nothing about it.

xilfxlegion
03-29-2014, 08:27 AM
you can call it lag. but the guy i saw in shadow war had a yellow dome around him and his health would constantly regenerate. it wasnt lag, it was a glitch. he was the only one in the match that had the yellow dome, and his health would regenerate so quickly that he couldnt be killed.

ironcladtrash
03-29-2014, 08:38 AM
I knew you would catch on eventually Duction. Good job my man. There is no glitch or exploit. It is server latency and that is why Trion dubbed it "creative use of game mechanics" previously because they were at a loss how to fix it.

It's possible some of it could be lag but it wasn't random people and when the sever lags out on the PC/NA side in SWs it's noticeable by everyone. What happened before and what I saw again recently was only the same people that it kept happening to and no one else. They had that constant 90% damage reduction.

OttawaREDBLACKS
03-29-2014, 08:39 AM
I feel like if I say I will post a video explaining and showing people doing the glitch in shadow wars this thread will disappear into oblvion.

ironcladtrash
03-29-2014, 08:46 AM
I feel like if I say I will post a video explaining and showing people doing the glitch in shadow wars this thread will disappear into oblvion.

It would but you can report it and give it to Trion. Now that previous members are gone who wouldn't do anything you can try again and see if they will address it now.

Did you catch it recently and which version of the cheat did you catch? There used to be a couple different problems that I knew of. Some where only seen on the Xbox and some only on the PC.

The PC has the insane 90% damage reduction that never went away only the players using it did but now recently it seems others have caught on.

The Xbox used to have either invincible shields or constantly regenerating shields. I am not sure for the Xbox what the current plague is.

Amun Ra
03-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Why not add Insta-Gib weapons?
Oh, and an Insta-Gib Arena.
Hell, forget the arena, the weapon would do just fine. :P

Xervez
03-29-2014, 02:49 PM
I tested some things out since a few people have been getting some crazy DR right now.

I've noticed the issue when I checked another players shield that had the crazy DR, what I found out is that 7th Legion Shields resistances completely protect you from that nano.

For ex.
The person I was shooting had an OJ 7th Legion Shield with bio resist, when I used my bio cannoner tachmag it was literally doing very little damage to them even though I shot them with a few clips of it, and no nano was applied to them.

I tried it on other players and they were dieing really fast.

When I changed weapons, I tried a radiation tachmag / and a syphon tachmag on them and they went down normally / fast. Also used my Radiation sniper and it worked just fine on them.

Just to be sure I asked the person what resist they had on their 7th Legion Shield and it was confirmed that it was a bio resist.

I tested my Purple 7th Legion Shield out with syphon resist againest their syphon weapons and it was the confirmed result.

Trion did something to the 7th Legion Shields and now they give complete protection from the nano resist and high DR of the weapon.

Solution is to switch your weapon to a different nano to take them down.

This is from the strange issues happening on PC / NA.

In the above posters video, the person being showed had an in Ironclad III shield, not sure what resists were on it but if it was syphon resist on it then it goes along the rules that affect the 7th Legion Shields then that would explain the crazy DR they have.

If that is case, then all shield resists will protect you from that nano and apply crazy DR if shoot with that corresponding weapon but so far I've only seen the 7th Legion Shields having that issue.

CM Kiwibird
03-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that we're investigating.

When you see someone cheating, please do remember to report them.

MadMoxxiFavGun
03-29-2014, 03:35 PM
I tested some things out since a few people have been getting some crazy DR right now.

I've noticed the issue when I checked another players shield that had the crazy DR, what I found out is that 7th Legion Shields resistances completely protect you from that nano.

For ex.
The person I was shooting had an OJ 7th Legion Shield with bio resist, when I used my bio cannoner tachmag it was literally doing very little damage to them even though I shot them with a few clips of it, and no nano was applied to them.

I tried it on other players and they were dieing really fast.

When I changed weapons, I tried a radiation tachmag / and a syphon tachmag on them and they went down normally / fast. Also used my Radiation sniper and it worked just fine on them.

Just to be sure I asked the person what resist they had on their 7th Legion Shield and it was confirmed that it was a bio resist.

I tested my Purple 7th Legion Shield out with syphon resist againest their syphon weapons and it was the confirmed result.

Trion did something to the 7th Legion Shields and now they give complete protection from the nano resist and high DR of the weapon.

Solution is to switch your weapon to a different nano to take them down.

This is from the strange issues happening on PC / NA.

In the above posters video, the person being showed had an in Ironclad III shield, not sure what resists were on it but if it was syphon resist on it then it goes along the rules that affect the 7th Legion Shields then that would explain the crazy DR they have.

If that is case, then all shield resists will protect you from that nano and apply crazy DR if shoot with that corresponding weapon but so far I've only seen the 7th Legion Shields having that issue.

just tested this. confirmed. broken

DIS
03-29-2014, 04:18 PM
One more reason to just do away with PvP in my opinion. Full of glitches and lag, just keeping the devs from working on the PVE stuff which is the bread and butter of the game. Again, just my opinion.

duction
03-29-2014, 05:45 PM
well ive tested handguns, smgs and snipers, fire and rockets, seems to be resistance to sawn off's so far,

jackdaws_1999
03-29-2014, 08:30 PM
I bet the shields with nano resistance is another example of something creeping in from the next dlc into the live server, like threat level and Crazy ego ratings... I wonder what else has crept in Ninja style.

duction
03-30-2014, 08:46 AM
we did some testing of our own, different guns, all sawn offs, heavy sawn offs and some zaggers did little damage. nano fraggers also, yet some zaggers did do normal dmg along with short barrels.

this is a clan mate and did nothing special in game, showed his load out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX41iOlehos

this was for testing purposes, he had different perks to the other vids i posted, maybe its a set of perks im using combined with ones they are, why did 1 zagger not 1 shot kill but my other did?

Cyborg Superman
03-30-2014, 09:08 AM
i've done a few tests too, and it seems to be just the zaggers that do no damage. When i switch to a canker, sword or sniper, it's all good. Also i notice once you kill the guy his shield will work fine for the rest of the match...Sometimes

duction
03-30-2014, 09:36 AM
haha we have figured it out and it applys to any gun with a nano, nanoless guns will kill thru any shield with resistance or not!

also shield perks stack with this, if you have resistance shield to syphon and the gun is syphon and you have rear gaurd and get shot in the back you are bullet proof.

the only weird thing is when i start with syphon resistance shield and get shot then change to a radiation resistance one, the syphon gun still does no damage to me.

how ever any element resistance shield has resistance to syphon, electric resistance shield doesn't resist against electric nano gun

DIS
03-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Super, now PM your findings to the appropriate CM and see if they pretend to care.

duction
03-30-2014, 02:49 PM
i think there is more to it then meets the eye, was just in a water front and someone wouldn't take damage from my syphon and electric shotguns i was dual welding in my load out.

please sort this out trion,

Bonehead
03-30-2014, 03:00 PM
Super, now PM your findings to the appropriate CM and see if they pretend to care.

chuckleworthy.

CM Kiwibird
04-01-2014, 07:06 PM
please sort this out trion

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we're working on getting this fixed. :o I appreciate the reports and PMs! Y'all rock.

duction
04-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Awesome! :)