PDA

View Full Version : @ CM Kiwibird: Gamers Request to revamp Scrip/Salvage Cost:

Amun Ra
03-29-2014, 04:56 AM
As many a post afore, people are not happy with the latest change (some Patch wee back).
The cost for Keys for example: many players find it insane.

For me, I am stuch with the Salvage Cost in the Matrix.
Few times I had to start grinding for hours, just to Unmaster a weapon.
I did not get my season pass to start grinding for Salvage.

Last weekend with the Boosts, I made 400.000'ish Salvage, but adding a Mod slot costs like 40.000 Salvage.
I have a few weapons to do, thus, 400.000ish salvage is gone before I even started.

For the entire community, I ask that you ask the Devs to revamp the costs (Salvage for me personally and many others, Scrip for most), OR that the Scrip/Salvage income be raised.

Since, as it is, the Scrip and Salvage economy is a disaster...

We, the community, thank you.

McSteeletom
03-29-2014, 05:25 AM
Agreed revamp plz I'm broke with scrip and salvage

Ned Kelly
03-29-2014, 05:41 AM
"Working as intended"

Nah but in all seriousness, this sounds like a plot as a lead in for the currency coming in DLC 5, another foot further towards going full F2P after this season pass ends. Then our complaining will not have any weight whatsoever.

Blondin
03-29-2014, 05:44 AM
If you lack of scrip and salvage, what will it be with arkforge...

I hope that you have bits or that you enjoy farming... :)

ConcreteSnake
03-29-2014, 07:09 AM
If you lack of scrip and salvage, what will it be with arkforge...

I hope that you have bits or that you enjoy farming... :)

get $40 worth of arkforge by paying $10 for dlc 5 :)

Blondin
03-29-2014, 07:17 AM
get $40 worth of arkforge by paying $10 for dlc 5 :)
Get dlc5 and have only some arkforge and a new crappy system :)

Chevota
03-29-2014, 07:59 AM
No. You have it wrong. Id be willing to bet some of you also complain the "Death Penalty" is too severe as well? (Which it isnt, i mean really, you are that worried that you lost 1 key during an event? really?)

Yes they have ruined the conversion system of Salvage into Keys... So stop doing it. Its literally THAT simple. Since I've stopped, 1m+ Salvage... "But Chevota, how can I make Scrip if i dont buy items?" Easy again my friend.

Every Week you can buy 4 Epic Mod Hoards for 160k Scrip, 350 Rep, and 300 Keys. Even if you sell all 16 Mods you get for 15k ea, you still profit 80k Scrip. Not to mention if you get High Cap Mags, or Ext Recoil which can go to 250k ea.

So, to summerize: Stop converting Salvage into Keys, hoard Salvage, and flip Mods. Its fairly simple... Keep in mind, we still dont know how much Salvage we'll need to upgrade our weapons along with Arkforge.

Amun Ra
03-29-2014, 11:30 AM
No. You have it wrong. Id be willing to bet some of you also complain the "Death Penalty" is too severe as well? (Which it isnt, i mean really, you are that worried that you lost 1 key during an event? really?) I do not, in fact.

Yes they have ruined the conversion system of Salvage into Keys... Some seem to find that problematic, I do not.
I get my keys through playing.

"But Chevota, how can I make Scrip if i dont buy items?" I do not need Scrip, really.

"But Chevota, how can I make Scrip if i dont buy items?" How about Salvage?

CM Kiwibird
03-29-2014, 12:23 PM

If this is a concern that you guys want me to bring up, I'll be more than happy to bring it up. :o

bigguy
03-29-2014, 01:33 PM
I do feel that some people who dont play alot will have a problem with the new costs and a small adjustment in the scrip cost for salvage conversion and the salvage cost for mod slots would aleviate this....keep up the good communication Kiwibird

Chevota
03-29-2014, 01:38 PM
I do not, in fact.
Some seem to find that problematic, I do not. I get my keys through playing.
I do not need Scrip, really.
How about Salvage?

I said some complain, not all. Peopel who dont die every 10 seconds cuz they arent garbage dont have a problem with the Death Tax. But some of those same people that die often, have a problem with being "Broke" in both Scrip + Salvage economies.

Part of your OP is about the cost for Converting being too high "The cost for Keys for example: many players find it insane." Again i didnt single you or anyone out. The fact is the generic player finds this 500 Scrip per Key appauling, which i agreed with to an extent.

Again YOU may not need Scrip, I dont need Scrip. But it goes back to the original part of the OP, "The cost for Keys for example: many players find it insane." People are losing Scrip hand-over-fist due to the 500 Scrip Conversion. The next point i made was specifically geared to how a player can make Scrip without having to do much work at all, other then the Daily/Weeklies.

How does 1 make salvage? i REALLY dont think that 1 needs an explanation, but I'll give 1 anyways... Kenn Farm Siege OR Incursion, both work. Equip VOT Spanner, Stingray or any multi-link spanner. Go bananas on Afflicted... then: (360-version of Salvage creation) Start -> Left Bumper -> X -> Up -> A. Complete... Its not hard to Salvage items. Sitting on over 1m+ Salvage, mostly thanks to the Loot Weekend(s)-ish. Id still be at well over 500k Salvage without the boosts.

Amun Ra
03-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Thank you for the info.
Sadly I am not the luckiest one when it comes to drops, so...
I am however grinding quite a bit to up my Salvage amount again, but this goes pretty slowly.

At CM Kiwibird, I am grateful, thank you. :)

Deunan
03-29-2014, 02:44 PM
For the entire community, I ask that you ask the Devs to revamp the costs (Salvage for me personally and many others, Scrip for most), OR that the Scrip/Salvage income be raised.I'm fine with the salvage costs so you don't speak for me. :p

Also people really need to stop calling out staff in posts. Both Ocho and Scapes have specifically said in the past two weeks that this has to stop. It's an explicit violation of the CoC and both have them already explained why.

Arsenic_Touch
03-29-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm fine with the salvage costs so you don't speak for me. :p

I was pissed at them at first, but I'm fine with them now. With the upcoming change to how grenade/stim/spike drops will be (extras will be converted to salvage automatically) that salvage sink will be needed otherwise you'll be swimming in ark salvage like you're swimming in scrip. I wish they'd actually give more purpose to both scrip and ark salvage.

Amun Ra
03-29-2014, 04:01 PM
In that case I apologize.
I missed that one.
It was not my intention to cause any harm.

Lately (last 2 weeks) I am a wee off, due to increased morphine dose, and migraines caused by the increased dose.
Again, my apologies.

DIS
03-29-2014, 04:03 PM
I had a discussion with a friend earlier and suggested they up the amount of scrip and salvage dropped and do away with white and maybe even green item drops and rewards. That way we get money and salvage without having to mass breakdown or sell to vendor every few minutes. Stay in the groove and keep getting paid. They already took them out of the box, why not just lose them all together? What do you all think?

Ambelina
03-29-2014, 04:14 PM
Just go level up your ego and quit crying that the higher ego finally have some benefit back... Should probably get on that with the changes DLC5 is showing anyway...

DIS
03-29-2014, 04:23 PM
Just go level up your ego and quit crying that the higher ego finally have some benefit back... Should probably get on that with the changes DLC5 is showing anyway...

It doesn't happen often, but I do agree with Ubacha on this point. Not so much his delivery, but the point he is making. Higher EGO results in more open slots on new weapons. I for one, would still like to see white and green items go away, but I am pretty sure they are here to stay.

ConcreteSnake
03-29-2014, 05:49 PM
I dint even know what to do with arksalvage anymore, all my guns come with all slots open, I don't convert them to keys because of the scrip cost, I don't need to reset weapons, especially after dlc 5.......what do you do with arksalvage, we can't trade it or convert it to scrip, which is useable in game, but salvage, bah who needs it.

jimpugh
03-29-2014, 06:10 PM
I know there will need to tweak some of the cost down a bit but all in all I am amazed at how far we have come last week.

I still play when the game will let me and like I said it IS working pretty good compared to last week.

I look forward to the new DLC "content is content" I am sure we will have obstacles but they seem to have a plan and it seems to be well thought out .... So with that being said I think we need to encourage " OUR Defiance DEV Team and communication has improved leaps and bounds ......

you do have too learn not to die as much and I am kool with that but sometimes I forget....

Peace ON YOU Bro

PanheadJIM

CM Kiwibird
03-29-2014, 06:16 PM
I still play when the game will let me and like I said it IS working pretty good compared to last week.

Well, because my name is already in the title of this thread, I would like to take this chance to thank everyone who PMed me/posted with information when we were having the major server instability issues across all the platforms. I really and truly appreciate it, everyone. Y'all rock. :o

http://i.imgur.com/huI6zO5.gif

Midori Oku
03-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Well, because my name is already in the title of this thread, I would like to take this chance to thank everyone who PMed me/posted with information when we were having the major server instability issues across all the platforms. I really and truly appreciate it, everyone. Y'all rock. :o

http://i.imgur.com/huI6zO5.gif

You sure do have an obsession with birds!

MadMoxxiFavGun
03-29-2014, 06:46 PM

"insert innuendo joke here"

CM Kiwibird
03-29-2014, 07:00 PM

I like to think of it as more of a theme than an obsession, but you're probably completely right.

Atticus Batman
03-29-2014, 08:24 PM
I like to think of it as more of a theme than an obsession, but you're probably completely right.

Don't let them get to you! Plenty of us have a theme!

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/8b/5e/32/8b5e3275aa57285cca28a31df983e742.jpg

Some of us even have a theme song! For instance, here's mine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncrhSikSFLU

hey u
03-29-2014, 08:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfh3NkEjsqs

Binky
03-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Two things that ya'll who are complaining of swimming in ArkSalvage are missing or avoiding:

1.) You're not always obligated to spend it all, so if you have some left over, hows about you just ignore it and rest easy in the fact that not using it now means you'll have some when TRION decides to spring something on you and you need it.
It really DOES cost you nothing not to spend it, and I don't see why you want/need the prices of stuff to be higher unless you enjoy living on the edge.

2.) Some people who are starting out, or in between sweet spots DON'T have the luxury some of you cited about how all your slots are open on weapons and you don't need the A/S to open slots.
I've started plenty of newer characters, and I try to keep some of them completely independent of each other. I think that in just a small way it keeps me closer to being a new player than if I just played one 4000 level character through the changes that TRION shovels us.
I can tell you from recent experience that some of you gloss over that being a newer player with lower resources and small opportunity of pay-offs leaves you living hand to mouth in this game sometimes and just like I tried to avoid eating ramen or PB&J for weeks at a time while in school, I find it more fun if I don't have to play the game using just a few white weapons. I kind of like to be able to reset that OJ that I got at a low level. I like the idea of being able to put slots on that OJ, too.
And some mods.
And some newbs make mistakes that cost them a lot, those mistakes can wipe out days or a week or two of progress. Thats a tough nut for a newb to want to bother playing through when the game was almost free and they can just move on.
Resetting costs 25K, and putting 3 slots on costs 112K. I put up with enough crap in this game like repossessed vehicles, and no rewards, crap blues from lockboxes that cost me more to redeem than I can get in salvage for them, stuff like that.
I don't WANT to have to scrap good weapons and play lesser ones to get by. I don't WANT to have to scrape for A/S in game. I DID my time scraping along to pay a mortgage and put braces on the kids teeth.

Jeez, let me have SOME niceties without hearing people say that the game pays too well, and we ought be kept hungry because YOU have oodles of boodle. I spend enough time looking for reasons to want to log in anymore. logging in and knowing that I'm scraping by is just too effin annoying to want to do it too many more times, eh?

Now the new currency is going to come along, and you guys have no clue how hard IT's going to be to procure, but you guys are already set so who cares about the starting players, right?

I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but I'm getting tired of getting kicked in the azz ALL the time.

drackiller
03-29-2014, 11:54 PM
In that case I apologize.
I missed that one.
It was not my intention to cause any harm.

Lately (last 2 weeks) I am a wee off, due to increased morphine dose, and migraines caused by the increased dose.
Again, my apologies.

Sorry to ear that m8, there are only two reasons to take that narcotic and none of them good.

If for therapy it`s pretty extreme and you must be in great pain. I wish you well.

jimpugh
03-30-2014, 12:02 AM
I agree with most all you said.... very well spoken....

to be high tech VETs and have to grind like sweathogs does get repetitive and boring

now if we where seeing all the orange weapons that 7 and GUN brought instead of HAVING THE Blue.. BLUES !

But like you I do have an off switch and after a while I like to get back on and talk to my Defiance friends......

Again good point and well said.... Hopefully they will strike a balance and err on the giving side a bit ...but not

so much that the game becomes to easy for all.......Now me being a senior and having to struggle since launch.... to just last night.... breach ego 4900.... A site I did not think I would ever see .....but if things are to be harder I decided to step up my game ....these young-in's today have great hand eye coordination all my egos where old school had to make 4000 to get all the ego slots open the next week they changed it. After I reached it .......busted my tail in pvp echelon to get ego master .....next week they changed it ....but hey its all good.... I do it for me and may be slow but I still get there .....And man I enjoy the game as much as any 18 year old Young man or woman..
Change is good and something your better off welcoming; I could see some of the issue's that they are having to address to get every one to a better game. I know most of these changes have been good and yes we still have the famous grenades ......but I think we are about to round the bend or see the forest thru the trees sort of speak......
Any way no more Dear Abby.... getting to long... and I got ego to work on ....
Again Nice post wish you... A pleasant evening and the orange AR or V Ark shield of your Dreams!

Happy Trails
PanHeadJim

Tsort
03-30-2014, 07:15 AM
Why not just merge scrip and salvage?

What's the point of having two different currencies?

Lastly, if salvage was meant for modding, and scrip for buying things, (a sensible choice), then why do keycodes cost salvage instead of just scrip?

I'd be better if I got to choose between selling/buying or salvaging/modding. That would make sense. But right now I do not have a choice, I have to do both to buy lockboxes. Salvage half, sell half. It's tedious and useless.

Some themes can get dangerous though...

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/87900614520497622782971715781221663886n.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=879006145204976227829717157812216638 86n.jpg)

charmXalor
03-30-2014, 12:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ba1fV66CMAAvYb_.jpg

That's what hearing kiwibird makes me think of.

Deirachel
03-30-2014, 12:28 PM
If this is a concern that you guys want me to bring up, I'll be more than happy to bring it up. :o

My only problem with the change is the drop was BECAUSE of player feedback in the first place. I don't really have a problem with it, but when you make a change because enough people are asking for it, then why would you later change it back?

Amun Ra
03-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Sorry to ear that m8, there are only two reasons to take that narcotic and none of them good.

If for therapy it`s pretty extreme and you must be in great pain. I wish you well.Most kind, thank you.

DIS
03-30-2014, 12:53 PM
My only problem with the change is the drop was BECAUSE of player feedback in the first place. I don't really have a problem with it, but when you make a change because enough people are asking for it, then why would you later change it back?

If you are referring to buying keycodes from lockboxes, that change was not due to player feedback. They started out charging 1000 scrip for one keycode AND 1000 scrip for 10 keycodes. This was not intended, the price per keycodes should not change based on how many you buy. They took the scrip charge off for a time to fix this issue and re applied the scrip charge when they had fixed the pricing. Why it took them sooooo long to fix a numerical error is beyond me, but this is the explanation they have already given as to the cost of keycodes from lockboxes.

maverick07
03-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Doubt anything will change. Trick already explained that this is what he wanted with the new system. He wants a risk/reward system, where people can buy a few keys to possibly get to 64 for a T4, or lose potential keys by maxing them out in an event. He said they originally lowered costs for mod slots too much and that they couldn't apply scrip to converting salvage correctly before.

Mod slot costs doesn't bother me much, another reason to level up, because once you get around 4000 to 4500 you'll have all slots open on weapons anyway. And you will want to level up with the coming changes in DLC 5. I am not sure I agree on salvage to keys costing scrip again though. Being able to dump salvage into lockboxes was a nice benefit to being high EGO, back when slots used to cost a bunch, and salvage to keys didn't cost scrip. But we don't know all the details on DLC 5 yet. We might need some salvage for doing some of the new stuff as well as Arkforge.

Overtkill21
03-30-2014, 04:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ba1fV66CMAAvYb_.jpg

That's what hearing kiwibird makes me think of.

Whoa, Kiwis eating Kiwis, and I suppose they are likely owned by a couple of Kiwis. Meta.

Deirachel
03-30-2014, 04:55 PM
If you are referring to buying keycodes from lockboxes,

No, I am talking about the changes to costs in the Salvage Matrix.

At launch, they were based on EGO level of the weapon and High cost. Due to player feedback, they changed the cost to Weapon Rarity and LOWERED the Cost dramatically. DLC4 returned the High Cost.

It sounds disingenuous for Trick to say the reduction of cost in the Salvage Matrix was "too much, by mistake" this late in the game. This is a very minor fix and could have been coded quickly for any of the 23 patches between DLC1: CCP and DLC4: GS. (Just grab the section of patch code which reduced the price of the Salvage Matrix and change the numerical values to fit what you meant for it to be.)

To me, it's starting to feel like all of these changes we've gotten since Trick took over are concepts he proposed before he was made Lead and got declined/shot down/overridden on. Now, he's lead on the project so he's putting in what he thought it should be, regardless of what the general community does or says.

The point is this:

Trion made a change based on feedback without the Test Server (as in what the players were requesting, through the forums and livestream questions, not as a bug report), then they reversed the change, against player feedback.

Repeatedly, we hear, from the Community Managers (Sledgehammer, Dahlanese, Kiwi, Scapes, all of them) and even each of the Executive Producers, Trion wants the feedback. Yet, one of the VERY FEW non-PTS feedback changes was reverted. There are constant complaints stating the company is not listening to feedback. Due to this example, why should we feel like this is not true?

DIS
03-31-2014, 04:55 AM
Deirachel, thanks for clarifying for me. We are on the same page now. I agree with you and hope the Community Team is reading this stuff. I hope they make it right, but I won't hold my breathe.

Z0mb1E
03-31-2014, 09:04 AM
As many a post afore, people are not happy with the latest change (some Patch wee back).
The cost for Keys for example: many players find it insane.

For me, I am stuch with the Salvage Cost in the Matrix.
Few times I had to start grinding for hours, just to Unmaster a weapon.
I did not get my season pass to start grinding for Salvage.

Last weekend with the Boosts, I made 400.000'ish Salvage, but adding a Mod slot costs like 40.000 Salvage.
I have a few weapons to do, thus, 400.000ish salvage is gone before I even started.

For the entire community, I ask that you ask the Devs to revamp the costs (Salvage for me personally and many others, Scrip for most), OR that the Scrip/Salvage income be raised.

Every single epic and legendary drop I've had within the past few weeks has had EVERY single MOD slot open, am I somehow just very lucky? I understand the complaints as outlined, but am not experiencing any issues with Salvage/script because I'm just not having to pay 40k to open a slot (occasional 25k for re-mastery only).

Albion
03-31-2014, 10:51 AM
To me, it's starting to feel like all of these changes we've gotten since Trick took over are concepts he proposed before he was made Lead and got declined/shot down/overridden on. Now, he's lead on the project so he's putting in what he thought it should be, regardless of what the general community does or says.

I wonder how true this really is? We'll never know, but it sure seems like someone is pulling the strings behind the scenes on this game and doing exactly the opposite of what the players want. Just about every recent change is designed to make the game less friendly to players, is it not? Why would we all of a sudden have to pay scrip to convert salvage? Why is it that every time an event starts to become fun because it has a decent shot at legendary gear, it gets nerfed? This new scoring system really benefits no one, and if you play solo it really hurts. Half the content in the game goes unplayed now, thanks to this.

We asked for so many things since last year, like an auction house, a bank so we can share gear between toons, a map expansion, new story content, and so much more. What we got instead was very different.

Chevota
03-31-2014, 11:09 AM
Every single epic and legendary drop I've had within the past few weeks has had EVERY single MOD slot open, am I somehow just very lucky? I understand the complaints as outlined, but am not experiencing any issues with Salvage/script because I'm just not having to pay 40k to open a slot (occasional 25k for re-mastery only).

Its not Luck, its EGO level. Take how up until 1600 EGO you wont have the white stat on the gun, until you hit a certain EGO you wont have every Slot open.

The slots, nanos, synergy all reset somewhere in the 2500-300 EGO range i believe. Then it wont all unlock again until roughly 5,000.

Atticus Batman
03-31-2014, 03:03 PM

That has to di with your ego level. Once you get to a certain level, most weapons you get have all slots open and a nano, the around Ego 3200, it resets and you go back to getting no nano guns with one slot open, and they slowly open more as you level again. Sometime after ego 3800, you once again start getting guns with 3 or 4 open slots and, a decent ammount of nano-guns.

EDIT: I see Chev beat me, but seeing as I am ego 3700 I am going through what he mentioned, right now. At 3700 I just started getting nano guns, and guns with 3 open slots again, as well as the mod synergies.

Deirachel
03-31-2014, 04:11 PM
It's around EGO4500 that all weapons gets slots open again, on the second time around.

viperstryke78
03-31-2014, 05:12 PM
Don't let them get to you! Plenty of us have a theme!

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/8b/5e/32/8b5e3275aa57285cca28a31df983e742.jpg

Off topic, Batman got Guyver'ived

On topic, can't drops be increased or events hand out more. I need more salvage compared to scrip.

Slayer Slayn
03-31-2014, 05:51 PM

On topic, can't drops be increased or events hand out more. I need more salvage compared to scrip.

Zomygawd Guyver?! I loves guyer both the anime and the 2nd guyver movie (haven't read the manga and the 1st us movie didn't do the series justice) the USA made... a guyver reboot is sooooo overdue!

Atticus Batman
03-31-2014, 11:27 PM

Zomygawd Guyver?! I loves guyer both the anime and the 2nd guyver movie (haven't read the manga and the 1st us movie didn't do the series justice) the USA made... a guyver reboot is sooooo overdue!

Ok you fools made me look it up! Actually it sounds interesting.

Amun Ra
04-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Why is it that every time an event starts to become fun because it has a decent shot at legendary gear, it gets nerfed? This new scoring system really benefits no oneIt's pure logic.
Take orange drop from game, force people to pay Euros/Dollars for this gear in the shop.
Whether it works, that's a different story.

drackiller
04-01-2014, 12:48 AM
It's pure logic.
Take orange drop from game, force people to pay Euros/Dollars for this gear in the shop.
Whether it works, that's a different story.

No more euros from me, i only buy slots but that`s enough. I`m starting to get real bored with this game.
Once the XP bars stops i start losing interest in a game.
Mine as stoped a week ago and i`m getting BORED.

Ned Kelly
04-01-2014, 03:08 AM
No more euros from me, i only buy slots but that`s enough. I`m starting to get real bored with this game.
Once the XP bars stops i start losing interest in a game.
Mine as stoped a week ago and i`m getting BORED.

In all honesty you only started getting bored when your XP stopped progressing? I need time to process that.

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2009/05/14/1225712/021376-most-shocking-sex-scandals.jpg

oasis387
04-01-2014, 03:14 AM
That has to di with your ego level. Once you get to a certain level, most weapons you get have all slots open and a nano, the around Ego 3200, it resets and you go back to getting no nano guns with one slot open, and they slowly open more as you level again. Sometime after ego 3800, you once again start getting guns with 3 or 4 open slots and, a decent ammount of nano-guns.

EDIT: I see Chev beat me, but seeing as I am ego 3700 I am going through what he mentioned, right now. At 3700 I just started getting nano guns, and guns with 3 open slots again, as well as the mod synergies. i just reached 3000 and all ojs ive been getting (recieved 5 yesterday) have been only 2 slots opened and 3/5 hadno nano...

Atticus Batman
04-01-2014, 03:17 AM
i just reached 3000 and all ojs ive been getting (recieved 5 yesterday) have been only 2 slots opened and 3/5 hadno nano...

Welcome to hell. Nobody currently wants to buy no nano Ojs. But given the change coming in Ark Revolting, no-nanos should finally be useful, so hopefully I can sell my extra cyclone. I don't need 2 afterall.

Atticus Batman
04-01-2014, 03:18 AM
It's around EGO4500 that all weapons gets slots open again, on the second time around.

Goes I may have some boring major pursuit grinding to do! :(

oasis387
04-01-2014, 03:27 AM
Welcome to hell. Nobody currently wants to buy no nano Ojs. But given the change coming in Ark Revolting, no-nanos should finally be useful, so hopefully I can sell my extra cyclone. I don't need 2 afterall.

just glad im finally getting ojs really, played the crap outta this when it came out took me til ego 1888 to get an oj and it was ****e... Stopped playing for about 5-6 months and came back, its been a lot nicer to me with ojs now (relatively speaking)

drackiller
04-01-2014, 05:15 AM
In all honesty you only started getting bored when your XP stopped progressing? I need time to process that.

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2009/05/14/1225712/021376-most-shocking-sex-scandals.jpg

Yup, because now i don`t see progression.
I play for fun sure, but i play alone, and one the things that i like to see is progression.
If my char does not level up anymore, does it mean that i get to grind just for the grind!? I paid for a season pass and don`t see the fruit of the same season pass, does it mean that i get to look like a mad man at my tv waiting for an incursion or what ever that gives keys in hope that i may get another disappointment after another !? After more than 20 crates open at 7th legion and blue after blue and an ocasional purple and no gold blinging ?

I play because it`s fun, but even that starts to go away after so much nothingness...

Ps: forgive me if i`m not making any kind of sense, today is not one of those days...

N3gativeCr33p
04-01-2014, 05:40 AM
If my char does not level up anymore, does it mean that i get to grind just for the grind!?

Only in this game, apparently... my signature is proof that it doesn't happen in every MMO that's out there.

drackiller
04-01-2014, 06:13 AM
Only in this game, apparently... my signature is proof that it doesn't happen in every MMO that's out there.

I know, that`s why i made the question.
The longer and more fullfiling chase doesn`t work for me ...not anymore :(

N3gativeCr33p
04-01-2014, 06:15 AM
The longer and more fullfiling chase doesn`t work for me ...not anymore :(

Join the club... I'm right there with you, sir. ;)

Ned Kelly
04-01-2014, 06:56 AM
I wouldn't mind the LONGER if it was more FULLFILING

Tsort
04-01-2014, 08:06 AM
I wouldn't mind the LONGER if it was more FULLFILING

And I wouldn't mind the CHASE if it didn't feel like it's actually the game that's chasing me...

Overwatch
04-01-2014, 08:16 AM
By all means possible. please redo the cost of things. Weapon remaster is outrageously over priced. I collect 60 weapons then sell them for chump change. Repeat the farming to convert to salvage. Dito Dito Dito........OK now i can reset weapon mastery. Farm again so I can add a mad slot......... Better idea, since it is not really any fun farming...time to switch games, do the yard, go to a movie, mall, bar ,night club, bowling, pool, gym, kayaking, .........you get the picture.

Binky
04-01-2014, 09:13 AM
By all means possible. please redo the cost of things. Weapon remaster is outrageously over priced. I collect 60 weapons then sell them for chump change. Repeat the farming to convert to salvage. Dito Dito Dito........OK now i can reset weapon mastery. Farm again so I can add a mad slot......... Better idea, since it is not really any fun farming...time to switch games, do the yard, go to a movie, mall, bar ,night club, bowling, pool, gym, kayaking, .........you get the picture.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I've been told that a lot of people who play video games are people who used to do many of those things you suggest, but through life's circumstance are no longer able or capable of some of them. Some people play video games because it's one of the few times they can 'run through the fields' (or do certain other exciting and physically active and strenuous things even vicariously) like they used to be able to do. Some people have limitations not specifically related to those brought about by family or jobs that are often the factors in having to settle for the computerized video version of active lives.

SOME of the people I know would willingly give up a few weeks or months of their lives in exchange for the ability to do some of the things you list as:

"do the yard, go to a movie, mall, bar ,night club, bowling, pool, gym, kayaking, .........you get the picture."

But, you get the picture.

:)

Yrkul
04-01-2014, 02:58 PM
That does sound plausible. At some point we started getting bombarded with cheesy tropes like zombie apocalypse, samurai, and now cowboys. And as you pointed out, fundamental changes in game mechanics are shovelled in as well. It starts to feel like one of those Elder Scrolls mod compilations, where the author has just crammed everything in, that he thinks is cool.

And it's not just the immersion that gets kicked in the ribs with every patch.

I wonder how true this really is? We'll never know, but it sure seems like someone is pulling the strings behind the scenes on this game and doing exactly the opposite of what the players want. Just about every recent change is designed to make the game less friendly to players, is it not? Why would we all of a sudden have to pay scrip to convert salvage? Why is it that every time an event starts to become fun because it has a decent shot at legendary gear, it gets nerfed? This new scoring system really benefits no one, and if you play solo it really hurts. Half the content in the game goes unplayed now, thanks to this.

We asked for so many things since last year, like an auction house, a bank so we can share gear between toons, a map expansion, new story content, and so much more. What we got instead was very different.
The answer probably lies in the monetization issue. If we don't have as many resources to burn on keys, hopes are that we get impatient enough to buy our lockboxes with bits instead. To be fair, the old prices were inconsistent, and are still so on a number of ingame items.

I also have to agree with you on the new scoring system. Nothing hurts the immersion than a large score counter reminding you, that you're just playing a game and need to play in a certain way.

Bottom line is, the game is getting less fun.