PDA

View Full Version : Worst MMO launch since Anarchy Online

MADTHINKER
04-02-2013, 07:05 PM
If you tried Anarchy Online when it first came out years back, you were the subject of a diabolical experiment in just how bad can a MMO launch get. A week after that game launched I was finally able to actually log in only to be treated to super lag and constant kicks to the desktop. Now I don't know how this game will be when I am finally able to log in 6 to 9 hours from now, but the fact I have to wait that long for the game to update on release day isn't filling me with much hope.

This is the first MMO in recent memory that didn't allow EVERYONE who pre-ordered to patch the game before launch so when the game did launch you could enjoy the game without delay. Very poorly done. I wonder how much the fact it also released on PS3 and 360 had to do with that.

Wait...patch time just dropped to a mere 3 hours. No. Wait. It's back to 6 hours and climbing.

I really hope this game is actually fun once I do get a chance to play, right now buying it is looking like a bad idea and a total waste of money.

square
04-02-2013, 07:08 PM
I really hope this game is actually fun once I do get a chance to play, right now buying it is looking like a bad idea and a total waste of money.

Don't get your hopes up

Igax
04-02-2013, 07:08 PM
I had my game patched and ready to play early Monday, so not sure why you think you could not do this??

BeardedGent
04-02-2013, 07:12 PM
If you tried Anarchy Online when it first came out years back, you were the subject of a diabolical experiment in just how bad can a MMO launch get. A week after that game launched I was finally able to actually log in only to be treated to super lag and constant kicks to the desktop. Now I don't know how this game will be when I am finally able to log in 6 to 9 hours from now, but the fact I have to wait that long for the game to update on release day isn't filling me with much hope.

This is the first MMO in recent memory that didn't allow EVERYONE who pre-ordered to patch the game before launch so when the game did launch you could enjoy the game without delay. Very poorly done. I wonder how much the fact it also released on PS3 and 360 had to do with that.

Wait...patch time just dropped to a mere 3 hours. No. Wait. It's back to 6 hours and climbing.

No, it isn't. It isn't at all and shame on you for comparing the two. AO should never be mentioned. Ever. Lol

Seriously though, I know some people still can't patch. I was having that error, try again later message for 3 days until I found the fix that worked for me. That said, I'm sure Trion is aware of it and it's probably the number one thing they're trying to fix.

Tyrannos
04-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!