PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment in general

Kasscade
03-29-2014, 07:17 AM
Hi everyone;

Kasscade - PS3 - NA Server

First let me say I love Defiance, both the TV show & the game. HOWEVER...
1) I haven't been able to play a major arkfall since DLC4 was released. Every time I enter the arkfall I get kicked off the server.
2) Server stability for the PS3 sucks. I have run every test I can think of so I KNOW it;s NOT my connection or my PS3.
3) New content in Gunslinger is OK but not fantastic.
4) Excited about scaleable weapons in DLC5 but would like t see more.

I just wish that TRION would address server stability first. If this was a pay to play game I would not even bother. I got my season pass as part of my ultimate edition & Will not buy one when it runs out unless they release something worth getting one for.

I want to see more in this game, not more of the same.

Please trion... Please, please, please just fix the servers then work on the rest ok????

Binky
03-29-2014, 08:58 AM
Hi everyone;

Kasscade - PS3 - NA Server

2) Server stability for the PS3 sucks. I have run every test I can think of so I KNOW it;s NOT my connection or my PS3.
4) Excited about scaleable weapons in DLC5 but would like t see more.

I just wish that TRION would address server stability first. If this was a pay to play game I would not even bother. I got my season pass as part of my ultimate edition & Will not buy one when it runs out unless they release something worth getting one for.

I want to see more in this game, not more of the same.

Please trion... Please, please, please just fix the servers then work on the rest ok????
Lots of people have issues with DEFI and no issue with other games.
Leads us to the conclusion that it's DEFI that is the proof of just how screwed up all those other games really are.
:rolleyes:

The problem I have with the scalable weapons is the scalable enemies.
It's akin to a BigMac costing $1, and you make $20/week.
Min wage goes to $22 and a BigMac goes to $2.
Great. You got $1 left over.

But it's not just the BigMac that increased in price, it's everything else that costs more too.
So you're running in place with bigger numbers.

We're running in place with bigger numbers, when what we need is a new map to run in.

They need to spend the money on:
1.) Server stability.
2.) Bug fixes.
2.) New maps/content (as we were promised at launch), not revamped stuff that we already have, ('nades and scaling).

Stewart2410
03-29-2014, 12:12 PM
I play on the PS3 as well and took a break for about six months. I started playing again last week and realized it's the same connection issues that we had six months ago. I can't finish a major arkfall without being kicked and I know it's not my connection as I have 20 down and 5 up speed. I really love the concept of the show and game crossover and I always have, but it is very frustrating getting kicked every time more than 15 people are in the same place.

Henyachingywhy
03-29-2014, 01:48 PM
I still can't get into an instanced arkfall without getting disconnected. It's awful.

hey u
03-29-2014, 02:56 PM
Memory leek on PS3 similar to ME3 booting you off from multiplayer every 5 mins. At least I can play Defiance longer before I get the boot.

On PS3 there is a list of things to do to try to help improve you playing though.

Kasscade
03-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Memory leek on PS3 similar to ME3 booting you off from multiplayer every 5 mins. At least I can play Defiance longer before I get the boot.

On PS3 there is a list of things to do to try to help improve you playing though.

Ya I tried said list of tweeks & still get the boot way to often. Tweeks are nice, working software is nicer.

Jet1337
03-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Ya I tried said list of tweeks & still get the boot way to often. Tweeks are nice, working software is nicer.

I don't know how long you've been gaming on the ps3, but generally speaking, 3rd-party games run like **** on the ps3. If I were you I'd change systems.

Rokea
03-29-2014, 04:57 PM
I have had this issue with Defiance since April 2013... it isn't our connection despite what Trion keeps saying it their servers.

Kasscade
03-29-2014, 05:08 PM
I don't know how long you've been gaming on the ps3, but generally speaking, 3rd-party games run like **** on the ps3. If I were you I'd change systems.

Dear Bill Gates;

I thought you quit working for microsoft? Why still try to sell products for them???

Signed with love

Jet1337
03-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Dear Bill Gates;

I thought you quit working for microsoft? Why still try to sell products for them???

Signed with love

Ok smartass, I thought I'd give you an option since trion isn't putting it on the ps4. There's nothing they can do with the ps3 version. Either switch systems or shut the hell up about problems on the ps3.

hey u
03-29-2014, 07:52 PM
PS3 is getting better. When playing Defiance I know this is sort of messed up way to think of it but I think of it like a girl and is that time of the month just with Defiance you never know if it is that time of the month where it starts acting up.

Jet1337
03-29-2014, 07:56 PM
PS3 is getting better. When playing Defiance I know this is sort of messed up way to think of it but I think of it like a girl and is that time of the month just with Defiance you never know if it is that time of the month where it starts acting up.

PS3 is not getting better. The architecture is different from pc and 360 architecture. It's harder to develop for. The only devs that really know how to take advantage of the system are first-party devs. Third-party games suck on it. Go look at Oblivion and Skyrim. Skyrim didn't get half the DLC the other systems got because Bethesda had problems with it.

hey u
03-29-2014, 08:01 PM
PS3 is not getting better. The architecture is different from pc and 360 architecture. It's harder to develop for. The only devs that really know how to take advantage of the system are first-party devs. Third-party games suck on it. Go look at Oblivion and Skyrim. Skyrim didn't get half the DLC the other systems got because Bethesda had problems with it.

I don't want to defend Trion too much but in my time from when I made the switch from 360 to PS3 and with all my issues I've had I can say it is getting better as time goes by. I said it on another post I think Trion will make the jump to PS4 since there are crap games really out ATM for it and own the new market for some time they could if IF the game ran smooth.

Trion working on the memory leek issue at hand I think/say.

Rokea
03-30-2014, 01:33 AM

Right...... because I haven't had an issue with 3rd party games since ps3 launch (except skyrim) but its nice to see someone knows what their talking about *rolls eyes*

drackiller
03-30-2014, 02:01 AM
Right...... because I haven't had an issue with 3rd party games since ps3 launch (except skyrim) but its nice to see someone knows what their talking about *rolls eyes*
Yeah and talking about OBLIVION, it really went smoother on PS3 at the beggining that on XBOX, but Skyrim is a proof of incompetence on the devs part.
PS3 is a good machine, just need to know how to program for it. Lazyness isn`t an excuse.
If i`m lazy at work, i`m fired...

Westhyde45
03-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Its hilarious how their response to every ticket I submit on this warmaster disconnection problem is "check and reset your connection". They'rer either clueless or lazy

OttawaREDBLACKS
03-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Theres a reason why any computer from the last 5 years is handsdown better then the ps3. Its because the parts ps3 uses are technology wise 10 years behind.

3rdpig
03-30-2014, 08:04 PM
For whatever it's worth, and I've never owned either an Xbox or a PS3, almost every game I've played in the last few years that was on multiple platforms had far more problems with the PS3 version than with Xbox or PC. I'd go to the forums and read them. It was like a train wreck, I didn't want to read them, but I couldn't help it. Specially in ME3 and Defiance, I've felt sorry for you PS3 folks.

drackiller
03-31-2014, 12:13 AM
For whatever it's worth, and I've never owned either an Xbox or a PS3, almost every game I've played in the last few years that was on multiple platforms had far more problems with the PS3 version than with Xbox or PC. I'd go to the forums and read them. It was like a train wreck, I didn't want to read them, but I couldn't help it. Specially in ME3 and Defiance, I've felt sorry for you PS3 folks.
But that`s because of the way the console is built, because it has a diferent arquitechture games must be developed in a diferent way.
The problem is that most of the games for the PS3 are ports from the PC versions or the Xbox versions.
If you check the games that are exclusive for the PS3 you will notice that they are flawless.

A lesson that SONY as learned from the past mistakes on the PS3, that was not making the PS4 with an exotic arquitechture like the PS3. Now the PS4 is dev friendly.