PDA

View Full Version : Working for Trion?

OldestGamer
03-29-2014, 05:59 PM
I believe that we are all working for Trion and therefore should receive a pay check for the hours of work we all do,trying to fix this screwed up Game!I'm truely frustrated trying to play this game,wouldn't it be nice to play for a week without any issues!

DIS
03-29-2014, 07:50 PM
I too sometimes feel as though we paid (and in many cases continue to pay) for the privilege of being life long beta testers. The fact that the dev team needs detailed information from as many people as possible about ongoing, very commonly seen problems tells me that they do NOT in fact play on the live servers, or if they do, they do it for leisure and leisurely overlook the problems they experience.

On the other hand, I love this game and don't mind taking notes to pass to the devs, so long as they use the info and fix the problems. I hope that one day they will learn to search their forums the way the NSA searches e-mails and pick out all of the pertinent info they need. Hopefully they will do with the dev team what they did with the PR team and replace some people.

Atticus Batman
03-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Hate to break it to you, but the whole current generation of video games are live betas. Back before Xbox 360 and Ps3, and great Pcs, games were released as a finished product. Now they are all released with the intent to patch and update at a later time. So we play them and complain or submit helpful feed back to the company, who in turn patches and updates the product, Which btw is not ever considered finished until the company ends support on it, nowadays. Welcome to the 21 century.

Bonehead
03-29-2014, 08:08 PM
Hate to break it to you, but the whole current generation of video games are live betas. Back before Xbox 360 and Ps3, and great Pcs, games were released as a finished product. Now they are all released with the intent to patch and update at a later time. So we play them and complain or submit helpful feed back to the company, who in turn patches and updates the product, Which btw is not ever considered finished until the company ends support on it, nowadays. Welcome to the 21 century.

Good point B Man but with this game I think it's a bit more than average.
Okay maybe a bit more than a bit more than average.
For the record, still love the game.
Just a bit sad about the wasted potential.

Atticus Batman
03-29-2014, 08:13 PM

No different than any MMO, sadly.

hey u
03-29-2014, 08:18 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?73-Bug-Reports-and-Issues

My home where I dwell and read posts and report my issues.

Jet1337
03-29-2014, 09:04 PM
until the company ends support on it

There are a lot of games that still have bugs and glitches the devs don't support it anymore. Bethesda is one of those devs. It's a good reason to be a pc gamer because the community fixes these and the console gamers are SoL.

hey u
03-29-2014, 09:13 PM
There are a lot of games that still have bugs and glitches the devs don't support it anymore. Bethesda is one of those devs. It's a good reason to be a pc gamer because the community fixes these and the console gamers are SoL.

Tear down my eye kingdoms of amalur reckoning: 38 Studios sad story.

Riz
03-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Lots of MMO's only get good after the first year of launch. I've seen MMO's that even took 2 years! Although i do feel that Defiance is on a certain point in time, certainly on the consoles. PC-gamers are usually way more committed to a game since MMO's are traditionally a typical PC-thing. Console-players have the habit of switching a game out way quicker. I play Defiance on the PS3, and the servers are really terrible, even after a full year! The game itself is great, i love it. But my PS3 loves the hard freezes a lot less haha. Guess the waiting is for Defiance to get their servers in order and go F2P (like DCUO on the PS3, free download).

Besides that, with more and more games being based on the online-functions and encouradging multiplayer we all became béta-testers after launch for many developpers and companies. Battlefield, CoD, Defiance... They all learn and fix along the way. Hell, BF4 was even almost unplayable at launch. Turned out to be an ok game after all.

jackdaws_1999
03-30-2014, 01:18 AM
I dont mind beta testing as long as they DONT make this game F2P... I HATE F2P, its ruining all good games that go that way.... go look at the latest dungeon keeper on mobiles if you dont believe me.

Back on subject, I definately think a system where by if someone finds a glitch (and is recognised as first to do so) should get some kind of thankyou from trion... like a legendary box. Just as a "you dun found a bug". Even if they put the gamer tags of all those who found a bug first on the patchnotes that would be nice... or not.

Other companies have bounties on bugs and glitches... that said, trion would never make any money if they paid for every new bug found... however we would be rich beyond all bill gates wildest dreams...

Rokea
03-30-2014, 01:26 AM
tear down my eye kingdoms of amalur reckoning: 38 studios sad story.

awesome game btw!

Quebra Regra
03-30-2014, 05:54 AM

BMAN called it right, and you added the sauce of correctness to the top of that cake.

I'm right there on feeling that there is much more potential there (technically possible) that will likely never be reached.

DIS
03-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Trion business plan:
Fire a huge portion of your employees then take on 2 new projects on top of the one decent one and one fledgling one you already can't keep up with and just respond to every concern with "We're looking into it" and "Soon"

Edit: oh yeah, also cycle your community team on a regular schedule so they always have reason to not know what the players are talking about.

VIC757
03-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Trion business plan:
Fire a huge portion of your employees then take on 2 new projects on top of the one decent one and one fledgling one you already can't keep up with and just respond to every concern with "We're looking into it" and "Soon"

Edit: oh yeah, also cycle your community team on a regular schedule so they always have reason to not know what the players are talking about.

But they are "a leading developer and publisher of premium games for the connected era." At least that's what their website claims. Surely a leading company wouldn't behave like that, right? Smh...

Atticus Batman
03-30-2014, 07:41 PM
BMAN called it right, and you added the sauce of correctness to the top of that cake.

I'm right there on feeling that there is much more potential there (technically possible) that will likely never be reached.

Of course I'm RIGHT.........
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t667/atticusbatman/untitled_zps1e7cb7b4.png (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/atticusbatman/media/untitled_zps1e7cb7b4.png.html)

3rdpig
03-30-2014, 07:52 PM
Some of you must be awful young if you don't remember how buggy PC games were. Here's a couple of fine examples, both Bethesda games, Daggerfall and Battlespire. Daggerfall would erase your C drive if you attempted to install it to any other location than the default, and Battlespire didn't even work AT ALL when it was released. I had the game for over a month before it became patched, VESA drivers created, and tweaked before it ran halfway decently. And don't even start me on Ultima X.

And what's more, back in the old dial up days (yea, I'm ancient) patches could sometimes take days and many attempts to get.

I used to love LucasArts games because they almost always ran out of the box. Everything else was a gamble.

And yea, Defiance is still buggier than most.

jackdaws_1999
03-30-2014, 08:06 PM
Some of you must be awful young if you don't remember how buggy PC games were. Here's a couple of fine examples, both Bethesda games, Daggerfall and Battlespire. Daggerfall would erase your C drive if you attempted to install it to any other location than the default, and Battlespire didn't even work AT ALL when it was released. I had the game for over a month before it became patched, VESA drivers created, and tweaked before it ran halfway decently. And don't even start me on Ultima X.

And what's more, back in the old dial up days (yea, I'm ancient) patches could sometimes take days and many attempts to get.

I used to love LucasArts games because they almost always ran out of the box. Everything else was a gamble.

I remember all of those... I also remember the days where you didnt get patches, you had to instal EVERY time you wanted to play, and it used tapes.. that said, those games also had people that cared about the games making them, most developers these days are run by Business Men not gamers. Business Men dont make games for fun, they make them for Profit. Welcome to the new age.

Yeah Im also ancient

Atticus Batman
03-30-2014, 08:07 PM

Back when we first got a Pc, I loved Zork and Hitchhiker's guide! :p Yes I am older too.

Ned Kelly
03-30-2014, 11:33 PM
Back when we first got a Pc, I loved Zork and Hitchhiker's guide! :p Yes I am older too.

Put a babel fish in your ear and translate from Grue and maybe those powers that be might listen and understand :p