PDA

View Full Version : Infected Chickens! Shoot to Kill! Shoot to Kill!

IIFatalshockII
04-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Okay now that Sledgehammer has assured me I'm good to receive my Dodge, I can relax a little and get something off my chest.

Am I incredibly dumb, or is there a trick to this? I get that the score multipliers are how you reach the cap without actually killing 360 chickens, but when those guys run past and steal the Chickens, eventually you can't kill them quick enough, and your Multiplier ends. I tried several times but couldn't pistol more than 220 Chickens. This seems like one of those times I do something, think it's tough, then get told it's actually very easy I'm just doing it wrong. Any advice?

IIFatalshockII
04-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Nothing at all?

Blackwolfe
04-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Keep a cool head, steady aim and never hit the farmers. Also dont panic and fire away at the chickens on the ground when masses of them spawn, thats just a waste of ammo. Once I started doing it like this, I was actually able to get all the way up to silver :) Before that.. not even bronze.

IIFatalshockII
04-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Thank you, I shall try it that way :)

KermitDFrag
04-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Sorry bud, I haven't done this. I'm assuming this is some sort of challenge.

SYN BLACK XS
04-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Where would one find this challenge? Sounds fun!

russell733
04-03-2013, 08:28 AM
It is the Reservoir chickens hotshot in Madera

I have been saying they need to remove one of the three ranchers since I first tried this. Basically the way most people get silver and gold is to keep trying it until the mission bugs, and what happens is when you run out of ammo for the given weapon it switches to your regular equipped weapon and doesnt end the mission, at that point you can keep going until your regular weapon runs out of ammo. You can also then use grenades when the chicken swarms spawn and take out 20 at a time

Exes
04-03-2013, 08:29 AM
It's not that hard after a while. Often it would happen that a chicken spawns right in front of one of the farmers, then when he passes it another one spawns two poles away from him and it chains for like 6-8 chicken like that. If you get used to it you can shoot them before the farmer reachs them and pile up a 8 combo kill in few seconds.

Completely without abusing any bugs or anything I made it to gold after 3 tries.

IIFatalshockII
04-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Where's the fun in bugging it anyway? Some people like to do that, fair enough, but getting Gold on it the intended way would make me happy :)

Tr3nch
04-04-2013, 07:54 PM
I hate this challenge.. I can not get past bronze..

Magician
04-04-2013, 07:58 PM
If you are trying to do this on a console do not bother. It's almost impossible due to having to use a controller. Just exploit the bug that lets you use any weapon to do it instead.

I just took a shotgun to the swarm of chickens, was an easy gold for me then just throw a grenade at your feet to end it.

IIFatalshockII
04-04-2013, 07:59 PM
It's reeeeeaaaaallllly difficult. I'd argue it's one of the game's tougher things. Never would have guessed from the description right?