PDA

View Full Version : Trion please do something to bring back old and maybe new players

Jaydogg
03-31-2014, 02:31 AM
I understand that new aaa games have been released recently and your dlcs have had the opposite effect of attracting players to the game. However lately it seems this game is close to life support status and you need to spice the game up to breathe new life into it. perhaps have bonus loot weekend every weekend to help out this miserable economy til season two starts. lord knows when that show starts up and new players go to their first arkfall and see 4 or 5 people I doubt they'll be buying the 2nd season pass or any of the first. Or possibly change the sieges back to having a good chance for oranges, or when you screwed up and everyone got x10 the scrip for anything, we LOVED that! I love this game, the show, and the potential they both have but as of late its been feeling like a ghost town on the forums and in the game.

sly wolf
03-31-2014, 11:56 AM
I think you hit on a really good point when you say that new players will not stick around when they only see 4 or 5 players around,I play wow alot and if i walked around and only saw a handful of people i would be moving on to a new game.Thing is i dont see many people joining defiance when the new series comes out because unless it's much better then the 1st people wont be watching it

Golgo28
04-03-2014, 11:57 PM
I came back just a month a go and I haven't seen one other person at anything.I can't do any events besides minor ones cause there are no other players.Spent 6 hours in que for shadow wars then gave up.And coop maps que is just as desolate.And public events are ghost towns.It doesn't matter how much the price has dropped since release the game is just not able to draw in any new people.Worse yet it seems like the dlc is chasing away old players.And I find it really annoying that considering I spent 150 bucks on the ultimate edition for the xbox 360 and another 10 for standerd edition on the ps3,plus 10 for the arkbreaker dlc on ps3.And have felt let down by the game.

I had hoped once the dlcs started coming out the game would have picked up,But instead it looks like the opposite has happened.The mmo market is over saturated and this game is not doing what is necessary to compete.How does trion plan to keep this game relevant when Bungie releases destiny.They may still have the pc gamers but it's gonna be near impossible to keep the players that are on consoles.If season 2 episodic content and dlcs are not epic the game will die.

Deirachel
04-04-2014, 12:37 AM
If you're playing the Xbox version, you're glitched. On most of the shards, major events will have people (Arkfalls, Incursions/Sieges, WM). You might want to hit the Live Chat and have them have a look. Sounds like you got hit with the ghost shard glitch.

Last night, at 4AM Atticus and I were running together and apart. Kenn Farm Siege had enough people on the shard it was difficult to get a kill in due to all the shooters.

Atticus Batman
04-04-2014, 01:04 AM
If you're playing the Xbox version, you're glitched. On most of the shards, major events will have people (Arkfalls, Incursions/Sieges, WM). You might want to hit the Live Chat and have them have a look. Sounds like you got hit with the ghost shard glitch.

Last night, at 4AM Atticus and I were running together and apart. Kenn Farm Siege had enough people on the shard it was difficult to get a kill in due to all the shooters.

The co-ops were filling really quick as well. There were also constant Shadow Wars, last night.

Atticus Batman
04-04-2014, 01:10 AM
I came back just a month a go and I haven't seen one other person at anything.I can't do any events besides minor ones cause there are no other players.Spent 6 hours in que for shadow wars then gave up.And coop maps que is just as desolate.And public events are ghost towns.It doesn't matter how much the price has dropped since release the game is just not able to draw in any new people.Worse yet it seems like the dlc is chasing away old players.And I find it really annoying that considering I spent 150 bucks on the ultimate edition for the xbox 360 and another 10 for standerd edition on the ps3,plus 10 for the arkbreaker dlc on ps3.And have felt let down by the game.

I had hoped once the dlcs started coming out the game would have picked up,But instead it looks like the opposite has happened.The mmo market is over saturated and this game is not doing what is necessary to compete.How does trion plan to keep this game relevant when Bungie releases destiny.They may still have the pc gamers but it's gonna be near impossible to keep the players that are on consoles.If season 2 episodic content and dlcs are not epic the game will die.

Destiny is not a true mmo and has on the fly matchmaking, not open world co-op with hundreds of others. It also does not interest everyone. Not all Xbox players hop from game to game like a mindless sheep following it's leader. I know several will still be here. And the ones I know that are considering leaving, aren't planning on getting Destiny. Btw people also said Titanfall would end the game, but plenty of Titanfall players are already back in Defiance. The same was also said about GtaV, and those players are, where? Oh yeah! Back in Defiance!

Pheonix580
04-04-2014, 01:32 AM
Tbh I was so hyped for Defiance when it came out. It was one of the best and most fun mmo's i have played. The PVP was cool. Shadow war was a great idea. But you're right, this game is close to dieing if not dead yet. In my opinion, the only way for this game to come back to life is by making it go free to play. By doing this they'll get more people to play because some people don't even wanna spend 5$ on a game. And if they do make it go free to play they have to bring it to next gen in my opinion. SO many people are on next gen now and if they see a game like this thats free to play they might give it a chance and maybe make it one of their favorite games. Also if this does go free to play, you gotta keep pumping in content. People are gonna get bored of doing the same stuff so you gotta pump content into the game every month or so. I loved this game when it came out but the weapons system and and stats was kinda crap. Then my friends stopped playing it, and it eventually led to me not playing because none of my friends wanted to play. Defiance is nearly gone forever. Somebody has to sweep in and save it. Maybe I would do it if I was part of the staff but I am not. But as you can see this mmo came to a halt real quick. It's time to act Trion, be honest your losing a ton of money from this game, But you can still save it. Never give up.

duction
04-04-2014, 01:42 AM
The EU servers on xbox are alive and kicking, and by the looks of DLC 5 it's about to get real fun and exciting! Can't wait..

drackiller
04-04-2014, 01:53 AM
The EU servers on xbox are alive and kicking, and by the looks of DLC 5 it's about to get real fun and exciting! Can't wait..

PS3 EU are quite live too.

sly wolf
04-04-2014, 03:43 AM
@Atticus: so destiny with its massive open world seemless single to massive player modes and loot drops with items that effect you play and being able to custom your char from his boots to his head gear is not a true mmo but definance with its laughably small ugly looking world and limit custom to a head piece and a costume neither of which can effect your char's proformance is a true mmo?? Yeah right,and also i dont know of anyone who has left defiance to play gta that has come back and im a member of two online player clans with worldwide membership so i would love to see the stats for returning players vs players who have left never to return

duction
04-04-2014, 03:48 AM
I've heard it's not a large free roaming with others game like defiance more coop Instances

sly wolf
04-04-2014, 04:20 AM
From what i have seen 1st hand being played its massive and in no shape or form like defiance :-)

Rokea
04-04-2014, 04:46 AM
I understand that new aaa games have been released recently and your dlcs have had the opposite effect of attracting players to the game. However lately it seems this game is close to life support status and you need to spice the game up to breathe new life into it. perhaps have bonus loot weekend every weekend to help out this miserable economy til season two starts. lord knows when that show starts up and new players go to their first arkfall and see 4 or 5 people I doubt they'll be buying the 2nd season pass or any of the first. Or possibly change the sieges back to having a good chance for oranges, or when you screwed up and everyone got x10 the scrip for anything, we LOVED that! I love this game, the show, and the potential they both have but as of late its been feeling like a ghost town on the forums and in the game.
Seeing 4-5 people isn't what will turn people away from another season pass... the fact Trion gave us patch updates as DLC is what is turning people away from buying another season pass. I think the forums are more active than the game itself, I still see a good number of folks in game however most the time you can barely stay connected.

Rokea
04-04-2014, 04:48 AM
Tbh I was so hyped for Defiance when it came out. It was one of the best and most fun mmo's i have played. The PVP was cool. Shadow war was a great idea. But you're right, this game is close to dieing if not dead yet. In my opinion, the only way for this game to come back to life is by making it go free to play. By doing this they'll get more people to play because some people don't even wanna spend 5$ on a game. And if they do make it go free to play they have to bring it to next gen in my opinion. SO many people are on next gen now and if they see a game like this thats free to play they might give it a chance and maybe make it one of their favorite games. Also if this does go free to play, you gotta keep pumping in content. People are gonna get bored of doing the same stuff so you gotta pump content into the game every month or so. I loved this game when it came out but the weapons system and and stats was kinda crap. Then my friends stopped playing it, and it eventually led to me not playing because none of my friends wanted to play. Defiance is nearly gone forever. Somebody has to sweep in and save it. Maybe I would do it if I was part of the staff but I am not. But as you can see this mmo came to a halt real quick. It's time to act Trion, be honest your losing a ton of money from this game, But you can still save it. Never give up.

the problem is they don't want to pump in more content, so that being said it will most likely never go next gen. They already said they have no plans for HD graphics for the pc version

rydda
04-04-2014, 05:21 AM
Not just trion some people on here the threads causing the problem to. Im not saying name or pointing out any body on this thread im just saying about the hole froums.

N3gativeCr33p
04-04-2014, 05:37 AM
Btw people also said Titanfall would end the game, but plenty of Titanfall players are already back in Defiance. The same was also said about GtaV, and those players are, where? Oh yeah! Back in Defiance!

Let's not overdo it there, good buddy... I'm sure both games aren't hurting for a massive spike in player base. :rolleyes:

This sort of shtako happens all the time... "blank game is gonna kill blank game"... blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda.

duction
04-04-2014, 05:37 AM
The negative people should use their energy and put it into something positive, a guy In our clan called ash says you need PMA .... positive mental attitude :D lol

rydda
04-04-2014, 06:00 AM
The negative people should use their energy and put it into something positive, a guy I'm our clan called ash says you need PMA .... positive mental attitude :D lol

Agree 100% on what you said alot of us are not kids.

Rokea
04-04-2014, 07:38 AM
its not being negative its called being a realist, I refuse to think that Defiance is a magic flying unicorn that shoots rainbows out its ***, we can all see that Trion has turned it into a dying 3 legged Donkey that's tied to a stage in mexico while a herpes infected stripper named Juanita has her way with it.
This game had Potential when the old team was working on it... not so much now. Thank god we still have the show until syfy pulls the plug on that too to make room for more stupid reality shows.

Jaydogg
04-04-2014, 08:02 AM
to elaborate on my op. this game sold a couple hundred thousand copies at release and currently I think the xbox na servers are down to one maybe two shards at any given time. im afraid they've condensed us to give the illusion the game is still thriving.