PDA

View Full Version : Fix Quick Match?

Altras
03-31-2014, 03:29 PM
I've noticed that when I join Quick Match, I get my own game, and not join any currently going. Like when a friend of mine is in Observatory I have to join friend, not Quick Match. I believe this is due to the PvP "Tier" thing but with the lack of players, wouldn't it be smart to remove this feature?

Atticus Batman
04-01-2014, 12:06 AM
I've noticed that when I join Quick Match, I get my own game, and not join any currently going. Like when a friend of mine is in Observatory I have to join friend, not Quick Match. I believe this is due to the PvP "Tier" thing but with the lack of players, wouldn't it be smart to remove this feature?

They said they removed the ego level tier thing a week after implementing it. Their current matchmaking system, always tries to throw you into the match with the fewest players, and it only scans the zone/shard you are on.

duction
04-01-2014, 01:14 AM
No the tier system is very much alive and kicking, it's been months since I could join a match through the menu!

Atticus Batman
04-01-2014, 01:35 AM
No the tier system is very much alive and kicking, it's been months since I could join a match through the menu!

You know the fact that you're on the EU server could be to blame for your lack of matches! Though it doesn't matter. PvP sucks, and if certain ones had their way cloak would be useless.

duction
04-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Nah if I join on a friend who doesn't play much pvp I get right in and play with others, maybe I should post a video.

Maybe the guys who were in a higher tier before it got reverted are stuck in it?

Atticus Batman
04-01-2014, 01:56 AM
Nah if I join on a friend who doesn't play much pvp I get right in and play with others, maybe I should post a video.

Maybe the guys who were in a higher tier before it got reverted are stuck in it?

who knows but matchmaking is broke in general, not just for PvP. Hopefully a fix for it is being ninja'd in when Ark Revolting adds the higher difficulty co-ops.

Tekrunner
04-01-2014, 04:26 AM
I believe that about a month ago Trick confirmed that the tier system was still in place, and that they were looking into removing it. Maybe with DLC5, since the new scaling forces a rethink of PvP.

I don't care about this issue as much as I used to, since shadow wars are sort of playable again. Still, it would be nice to get to play Observatory without having to ask clan mates for assistance in joining a match.