PDA

View Full Version : Some pvp ideas & a message to pvp complainers.

charmXalor
03-31-2014, 04:06 PM
Okay for starter sorry if I come off as arrogant but this fires me up.

1. How about 3 to 5 keys & 600 to 1000 script per pvp
Match depending on the amount of work done. (Bet you'd see pvp's full again)

2. What annoys me is that people constantly complain about the weapons & powers players use.
I'm sorry to say this but, if you don't have the skill then learn to think strategically.
I say this because honestly I play pvp, I've went up again all of these weapons & ego powers and came on out on top. I can use any weapon and still win it's supposed to be about skill & strategy.
Honestly yes I will admit I've used cloak before with a bunch of different weapons.
Though I can still win with a flare gun, Blast rifle, decoy, and pyro grenades. Why because in pvp a good strategy, quick thinking, and a tiny bit of luck, can easily out match a crutch.
(Sorry that was so long, I get really passionate about these things)

All I'm trying to say is let's not blame the weapons but the players abilities (or your own lack of abilities).

3. I'm all for revamping pvp with a decent progression system, better rewards, maybe rewards that are pvp only weapons,outfits, vehicles. (like with there own special abilities), clan wars with a ranking system, tournaments with truly one of a kind rewards like these can only be won in tournament ( a Cerberus with a mounted laser cannon & passanger controlled Gatling gun like a mounted reaper, or a nim like outfit with working guided fireballs that you can select the nano effect & change at will).

Well back to Defiance. Later all happy hunting! @(*_*)@

Overwatch
03-31-2014, 04:34 PM
Right on, The problem is not the competition but the rewards. If you go against someone with infinite cloak then just use infinite cloak or a better weapon. Playing is all about strategy not what you are up against and them being better.
When the bullets are flying a wall is your best friend.

charmXalor
03-31-2014, 05:18 PM
Right on, The problem is not the competition but the rewards. If you go against someone with infinite cloak then just use infinite cloak or a better weapon. Playing is all about strategy not what you are up against and them being better.

The infinite cloak thing makes me laugh because the decoy ego power has a perk that reveals all cloaked enemies. That's Part of the reason I use it, decoy also makes a good teleportation device, for both escaping and warping to a vantage point.

Warhorse500
03-31-2014, 07:14 PM
The only people who want to PvP are those that have somehow sussed out the glitches and are using them to their advantage. If you're a normal player---like me---you don't know any of those glitches and are easy fodder for the hacker types who do know them.

The few times I've played PvP in this game, my only mission has been DIE-respawn-DIE-respawn-DIE-respawn-DIE-respawn. I'm not here to feed your K/D ratio. I would like to learn the game and actually enjoy it. For the grand total of 10 kills that I've amassed over about 15 PvP matches (most of them at the Observatory), I've died probably 100+times. Not fun, therefore I don't play.

If somebody tells me one more jekkin' time to "L2P", I'm gonna turn green, quintuple in size, split the seams on all my clothes, and throw my desk through the nearest wall. I KNOW HOW TO PLAY. But I don't know how to hack, so I'm perpetually at a disadvantage. It's not my ping---I routinely hit in the 60's-70's---so don't tell me that either.

We've got one player on the PC NA servers who's forever trying to get people into the PvP matches. This person has a K/D ratio of something ridiculous, like 20:1 or something like it. I've shot at this person (I can't remember their name right now, so don't ask) with every conceivable weapon I possess. Nothing ever hits, and the minute they clue in on my muzzle flash it's over.

So I'm done with PvP in this game. It's impossible, and you'll absolutely never convince me otherwise.

cary2010haha
03-31-2014, 08:31 PM
i am fine if one match can get 75 keys and 40k scrips, no matter how i get slaughter, will join and tons of player will join and everyone who wants to get lock box will join, who want T4 mods will join.

best solution.

Midori Oku
03-31-2014, 08:44 PM
I don't really have too many problems with PvP other than the rewards. It could use a few adjustments, but that's not the point here. Even if we got five keycodes per match I would still rather go do a major arkfall, siege or incursion. I can pull at least 24-64 keycodes per event. Obviously depending on what it is. I don't see PvP ever being good with rewards. In the future maybe decent at best, but it still would not be enough for me to want to actually play it. Plus I enjoy PvE more. I get my PvP enjoyment from other games such as Titanfall, Halo, Gears of War, etc.......

Edit: I could see getting a tier 3 lockbox per capture and hold match, and more keycodes making it worth it.

charmXalor
03-31-2014, 11:15 PM
The only people who want to PvP are those that have somehow sussed out the glitches and are using them to their advantage. If you're a normal player---like me---you don't know any of those glitches and are easy fodder for the hacker types who do know them.

The few times I've played PvP in this game, my only mission has been DIE-respawn-DIE-respawn-DIE-respawn-DIE-respawn. I'm not here to feed your K/D ratio. I would like to learn the game and actually enjoy it. For the grand total of 10 kills that I've amassed over about 15 PvP matches (most of them at the Observatory), I've died probably 100+times. Not fun, therefore I don't play.

If somebody tells me one more jekkin' time to "L2P", I'm gonna turn green, quintuple in size, split the seams on all my clothes, and throw my desk through the nearest wall. I KNOW HOW TO PLAY. But I don't know how to hack, so I'm perpetually at a disadvantage. It's not my ping---I routinely hit in the 60's-70's---so don't tell me that either.

We've got one player on the PC NA servers who's forever trying to get people into the PvP matches. This person has a K/D ratio of something ridiculous, like 20:1 or something like it. I've shot at this person (I can't remember their name right now, so don't ask) with every conceivable weapon I possess. Nothing ever hits, and the minute they clue in on my muzzle flash it's over.

So I'm done with PvP in this game. It's impossible, and you'll absolutely never convince me otherwise.

First off i am A NORMAL PLAYER, I die too but definitely not constantly. Second I play on ps3 so I rarely see said hackers, on there if you can't keep up then you're target practice. Third I said I can use any ego power in pvp so I'm not constantly using cloak I use DECOY & BLUR and I still can carry my team with 18/1 it's not about hacking it's abou individual skill, a good loadout (really any weapon with do), and how you strategically use what you have available to you. Lastly all platforms play preform differently, though pc seems to have a lot of hackers.

charmXalor
03-31-2014, 11:26 PM
I don't really have too many problems with PvP other than the rewards. It could use a few adjustments, but that's not the point here. Even if we got five keycodes per match I would still rather go do a major arkfall, siege or incursion. I can pull at least 24-64 keycodes per even. Obviously depending on what it is. I don't see PvP ever being good with rewards. In the future maybe decent at best, but it still would not be enough for me to want to actually play it. Plus I enjoy PvE more. I get my PvP enjoyment from other games such as Titanfall, Halo, Gears of War, etc.......

Edit: I could see getting a tier 3 lockbox per capture and hold match, and more keycodes making it worth it.

Okay there's no way you can get that many keys per even no matter how much you spam or how good you play. Those games were open world mmotps though. And idk how you freaking players get these ungodly amount of keys from a even because I swear everyone bust their arses at these events and barely scratch 5 keys so I call foul play on your part.

Atticus Batman
03-31-2014, 11:32 PM
Okay there's no way you can get that many keys per even no matter how much you spam or how good you play. Those games were open world mmotps though. And idk how you freaking players get these ungodly amount of keys from a even because I swear everyone bust their arses at these events and barely scratch 5 keys so I call foul play on your part.

You get a key for roughly every 5k in points. So 24 keys is only around 120k in points. 64 keys would be 320k. I always get atleast 30k at sieges to insure I get my top tier items then I dance the night away, so that is 6 keys, by choice.

Midori Oku
04-01-2014, 05:30 AM

I have no problem making a video of a Dark Matter Major, or an Incursion. It's common for me to hit around 100-120k score on a monolith, and sometimes 200-300k or so at an incursion. Foul play? I think not!

duction
04-01-2014, 05:31 AM
I have no problem making a video of a Dark Matter Major, or an Incursion. It's common for me to hit around 100-120k score on a monolith, and sometimes 200-300k or so at an incursion. Foul play? I think not!

I can too, don't show them how to do it! It's a trap :D

MadMoxxiFavGun
04-01-2014, 06:57 AM

dont do it. let the noobs be noobs

dejarnat
04-01-2014, 07:03 AM

LOL!. Except the hit detection in this game is sh!t and you regularly get hit while behind cover.

mr8liner
04-01-2014, 08:31 AM
First off i am A NORMAL PLAYER, I die too but definitely not constantly. Second I play on ps3 so I rarely see said hackers, on there if you can't keep up then you're target practice. Third I said I can use any ego power in pvp so I'm not constantly using cloak I use DECOY & BLUR and I still can carry my team with 18/1 it's not about hacking it's abou individual skill, a good loadout (really any weapon with do), and how you strategically use what you have available to you. Lastly all platforms play preform differently, though pc seems to have a lot of hackers.

I play on the PS3 as well, and I know for a fact that there are people in there that cheat/hack. I was playing awhile back, had a pulser with roughly 100 round in the clip unloaded into someone point blank and his shield didn't even go down a smig. when I reloaded he shot me once and I was dead.

The hackers/cheaters are out there. If you pay attention enough you will see them. I even seen people on there quad or in the cerberus and go cloak. We ll know you can't be in/ on a vechicle and go cloak. hence hacker/cheater.

I got my pvp pursuits done on 1 toon ( have 4 total) and will not step foot in there. It's not worth my time.

I have also seen people go 65/1. That right there just takes the fun out of it.

mr8liner
04-01-2014, 08:35 AM

It's easy to get that many keys. Ken farms is the best place for it. I get over 200k everytime to do it. If I get there late I can still get 100k. The Hulker is the one that gets you the most points. The afflicted are just in the way of getting the Hulker to come out. Get rid of the afflicted as fast as you can so the Hulker comes out sooner and faster.

elquietone
04-01-2014, 09:06 AM

Just recorded this about an hr ago, 360.. It's one of the things I keep posting about in PVP and I don't care if it's against forum rules to post videos with players names in it. Hacking > Forum rules, and should be considered so, therefore.. GM's deal with the hackers before dealing with me "Breaking the rules"

For reference right at the start of the video I attempt to kill one guy twice who takes 0 damage from double barrel shotguns.. There is also another player at 5mins with the same "Hack" I assume they are together. Both can be killed, just not with DB, and don't tell me its a perk because I will call the BS police.
http://youtu.be/7BgGUbJBZX0

duction
04-01-2014, 09:06 AM
I don't cheat in pvp and can hit 50 kills and very few deaths. Not all of us pvpers are cheats

With regards the post above check out my vids

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?154134-We-need-a-hotfix-for-shield-glithing

This is the damage resistance shields and perks stacking, to kill these cheats use a weapon/shotgun is my choice with no nano, they die like normal then :)

Mr666
04-01-2014, 09:20 AM
I have problems here "The infinite cloak thing makes me laugh because the decoy ego power has a perk that reveals all cloaked enemies. That's Part of the reason I use it, decoy also makes a good teleportation device, for both escaping and warping to a vantage point." and "If you go against someone with infinite cloak then just use infinite cloak or a better weapon. Playing is all about strategy not what you are up against and them being better."

The problem with this so called strategy is that its broke in two ways I might add. One being infinite cloak people mostly run speed boost aka blur also they the perk that gives them 30% more damage aka overcharge which leave decoy out unless you choose a 7th legion shield then you have all powers rolled into one. Now as fun as this not it become a game of chance with no skill or strategy. This is like a group of blind people fire off guns and seeing who the last one standing is going to be in the end. Second point of how this broke to hell is that no other power is anywhere the overpowerness of cloak and the one power that is its counter. Decoy is a weak power and the weakest of them all plus the perk you said to counter cloak 1. only works half the time also 2. they have to be cloaked already before it works. I have played this game from the start and was not "strategy" in the first two month then there has been in these ten.

Xervez
04-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Just recorded this about an hr ago, 360.. It's one of the things I keep posting about in PVP and I don't care if it's against forum rules to post videos with players names in it. Hacking > Forum rules, and should be considered so, therefore.. GM's deal with the hackers before dealing with me "Breaking the rules"

For reference right at the start of the video I attempt to kill one guy twice who takes 0 damage from double barrel shotguns.. There is also another player at 5mins with the same "Hack" I assume they are together. Both can be killed, just not with DB, and don't tell me its a perk because I will call the BS police.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BgGUbJBZX0&feature=youtu.be

You have the time to post on the forums yet you don't have the time to check / read about the findings we found out about what's happening with shields on another post.

In the video you use a Syphon sawed-off weapon, but if you actually read on the forums about the findings on shield resistances that are currently happening you would know that if that person is using a certain shield with a Syphon Nano resistance you get very high DR against those nano type weapons.

Hence in the video your non-nano vbi SMG, and your grenade killed that same person without a problem.

Here is the link to it
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?154288-Defiance-Science-Shields...the-second-coming

dejarnat
04-01-2014, 09:35 AM
http://youtu.be/7BgGUbJBZX0

Anti-Zagger hack? I'd like to order two, please!

elquietone
04-01-2014, 09:35 AM
You have the time to post on the forums yet you don't have the time to check / read about the findings we found out about what's happening with shields on another post.

In the video you use a Syphon sawed-off weapon, but if you actually read on the forums about the findings on shield resistances that are currently happening you would know that if that person is using a certain shield with a Syphon Nano resistance you get very high DR against those nano type weapons.

Hence in the video your non-nano vbi SMG, and your grenade killed that same person without a problem.

This isn't the only gun that can be stopped though, there is a lot of questionable playing going on in the game, from 1 hit KO rocket launchers that don't even touch you... to across the map kills with LMG in only 4 hits.. I just don't record all the time but anyone that uses an LMG knows the further you are the less damage it does, so 4 hits should be impossible. Same with rocket launchers as the last time I took one into DM it hit an amazing 600 damage even though it said it was over 2k in the loadouts... So why people are able to one hit now is beyond me..

Thankfully I'm only playing 1-2more matches to get the freight yard achievement, then people can hack all they want.. Good thing was we won that round, most times it doesn't go down like that. Especially against the real game breakers.

I also read through that post and in the one video I was referred to, the players can still be damaged just not 1 shotted.. These people took 0 damage.

Xervez
04-01-2014, 09:49 AM
This isn't the only gun that can be stopped though, there is a lot of questionable playing going on in the game, from 1 hit KO rocket launchers that don't even touch you... to across the map kills with LMG in only 4 hits.. I just don't record all the time but anyone that uses an LMG knows the further you are the less damage it does, so 4 hits should be impossible. Same with rocket launchers as the last time I took one into DM it hit an amazing 600 damage even though it said it was over 2k in the loadouts... So why people are able to one hit now is beyond me..

Thankfully I'm only playing 1-2more matches to get the freight yard achievement, then people can hack all they want.. Good thing was we won that round, most times it doesn't go down like that. Especially against the real game breakers.

I also read through that post and in the one video I was referred to, the players can still be damaged just not 1 shotted.. These people took 0 damage.

The fact you didn't know about the shield issues, makes me wonder if your even a credible source.

A Precise Chaos from cloak with the backstab perk / a damage spike / and with a damage mod on it will 1 shot you if you have a low capacity shield and don't have blast shield on especially if they got a damage mastery on it.

Also I forgot to mention the explosive damage perks, those make them even stronger.

Any combination of that will do it, also how you do know the guy with the saw hit you 4 times exactly?

Back in the days a SAW with crit rolls / 3 round burst mag / and the person using overcharge, it could literally kill you from pretty faraway if the person knew how to aim and adjust from recoil properly.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
04-01-2014, 09:53 AM

Kenn farm i get a minimum of 200k everytime. You have to remember on xbox we have about 100 people at a kenn farm. We have a hulker die in 15 seconds and we have hulkers every minute since rounds end every 3 seconds. Im sure on slower platforms you get less people which means longer pauses in between hulkers and longer amounts of times to kill them. We litterally just see him, he puts his shoulder down, and then hes dead. Too many people on xbox. If you have a score of 100k you are most likely going to be in last place or bottom two or three.

Also this PvP thread has the exact same ideas as mine that i started yesterday...like the exact same ideas.

Blondin
04-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Also this PvP thread has the exact same ideas as mine that i started yesterday...like the exact same ideas.
And it has the same ideas as thread one year ago, except one year ago there wasn't stim ans spike, but OP don't even speak of that...

And yeah, 200k is a minimum on Kenn farm pc too.

Deunan
04-01-2014, 02:22 PM
And yeah, 200k is a minimum on Kenn farm pc too.Not on PC NA. I see plenty of scores much lower than that. Last night I drove to the end of a Kenn Farm Incursion after completing a Major Arkbreak. It was still early in the Siege as the third cap point hadn't opened up, even so I still got the top score with only 165k. Despite being IMO the best place to get keys it is generally not as crowded as what's being described by the Xbox players as the Hulker's don't spawn that quickly and it takes much longer than 15 seconds most times before one is killed (sometimes as long as a minute).

Back on topic, I was a bit surprised wen I discovered how awful the rewards were for PvP in this game. Relatively speaking they're even worse now. They should add some additional rewards per event and some additional items at the Echelon Vendor.

Punisher Illinois Blue
04-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Okay for starter sorry if I come off as arrogant but this fires me up.

1. How about 3 to 5 keys & 600 to 1000 script per pvp
Match depending on the amount of work done. (Bet you'd see pvp's full again)

2. What annoys me is that people constantly complain about the weapons & powers players use.
I'm sorry to say this but, if you don't have the skill then learn to think strategically.
I say this because honestly I play pvp, I've went up again all of these weapons & ego powers and came on out on top. I can use any weapon and still win it's supposed to be about skill & strategy.
Honestly yes I will admit I've used cloak before with a bunch of different weapons.
Though I can still win with a flare gun, Blast rifle, decoy, and pyro grenades. Why because in pvp a good strategy, quick thinking, and a tiny bit of luck, can easily out match a crutch.
(Sorry that was so long, I get really passionate about these things)

All I'm trying to say is let's not blame the weapons but the players abilities (or your own lack of abilities).

3. I'm all for revamping pvp with a decent progression system, better rewards, maybe rewards that are pvp only weapons,outfits, vehicles. (like with there own special abilities), clan wars with a ranking system, tournaments with truly one of a kind rewards like these can only be won in tournament ( a Cerberus with a mounted laser cannon & passanger controlled Gatling gun like a mounted reaper, or a nim like outfit with working guided fireballs that you can select the nano effect & change at will).

Well back to Defiance. Later all happy hunting! @(*_*)@

I mostly agree with you. Nothing should be changed at least in game combat mechanics, rewards are a diffrent story.

If we got rid of unique weapons in games as well as abilities the games will no longer be diverse. Could you imagine Halo with no Spartan Laser or any power weapons, vehicles, Forrunner, nor Cov weapons, and no pistols?

Could you imagine ACM with only Pulse rifles and a vanilla Warrior with no bio-imperative and Ranger aliens, Lurkers, Crushers, and Boiler?

Can you imagine Golden Eye 64 with no moonraker Laser guns, golden guns, or heck no guns just slappys and no oddjob?

Those games would suck like that even though the would be ballancedish. The only way to make these games truly ballanced is to make it so it sets up to fight you that are also equal in skill and thought process otherwise even in GE 64 with slappys only you will lose to the more skilled player.

I dont think spikes are as bad ether because I killed a group of players using non-rare protection spikes at my base. I did head shots with a fully charged Blue VBI PSR 7 Cyclone. Now granted I was shocked that my gun did nothing to people using rare protection spikes even when I went invisible with stealth strike and used a rare damage spike and did head shots.

Since they were cocky they let me jump down to them, thats when I pulled my charge blade out. I am happy to say even wit their rare protection spike I killed them with the charge blade... Strange thing is I hit their spike with my sword and it showed I did damage to it...?

BIEBERyoloSWAG
04-01-2014, 02:52 PM
it is generally not as crowded as what's being described by the Xbox players as the Hulker's don't spawn that quickly and it takes much longer than 15 seconds most times before one is killed (sometimes as long as a minute).

Ill admit sometimes he lasts like 16 seconds but not longer than that! We have so many people that all you see is yourself and about 100 little infector bugs on the ground, everyone else is not showing because of lag. Ocassionally youll see bmg electricity out of nowhere and youll see power and ammo spikes so you know you arent alone. Oh and also there are so many people that you cant even switch your weapon most the time!! If you do you lag for 30 seconds and you still have your original weapon in hand after those 30 seconds

duction
04-01-2014, 02:56 PM
The fact you didn't know about the shield issues, makes me wonder if your even a credible source.

A Precise Chaos from cloak with the backstab perk / a damage spike / and with a damage mod on it will 1 shot you if you have a low capacity shield and don't have blast shield on especially if they got a damage mastery on it.

Also I forgot to mention the explosive damage perks, those make them even stronger.

Any combination of that will do it, also how you do know the guy with the saw hit you 4 times exactly?

Back in the days a SAW with crit rolls / 3 round burst mag / and the person using overcharge, it could literally kill you from pretty faraway if the person knew how to aim and adjust from recoil properly.

there is more to it then that, you can use a glitch so you use the resistance from all the shields you have cycled through and have resistance from all elements at one time, only way to kill these sods is a gun with no nano,

JEMINAI
04-02-2014, 05:44 AM
theres rewards???
would be good to see some PvP oriented gear for sure.
and whats with the spikes, stims and grenades at the echelon vendor??? rep+scrip? for the same things that drop off mobs?
someone isnt paying attention...

Cyborg Superman
04-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Since they were cocky they let me jump down to them, thats when I pulled my charge blade out. I am happy to say even wit their rare protection spike I killed them with the charge blade... Strange thing is I hit their spike with my sword and it showed I did damage to it...?

Spikes can not only take damage but can be broken, if i drop a protection spike and someone drops one after me. I just start to melee they spike and it will break before mine. Having a sword ready is always good. Also pyro and hatchlings can still kill you while protected. i hate the hatchlings. right when someone drops one if i don't drop a frag to kill them. i'm almost always dead in seconds. If you don't have an oj hatchling or can't afford one. a good frag and timing will help against them

SkinSkull
04-02-2014, 10:48 AM

L2P...JK.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

If PVP was balanced more people would be playing it.

Trion here is a suggestion for pvp: try set archetype style load outs. Everyone chooses either assault or medic or whatever preset class.

Of course the exp. earned would go back to your character.

Trion is also in a unique position for correcting its pvp: RANDOMIZED WEAPONS.

Think about choosing your class or preset for example assault rifle guy. Then you are randomly assigned a style of assault rifle.

Its even. Its surprising and it would be fun as hell.

Currently, the game is broken.

5000- 1 is a vast gulf of experience level.

PVP Players that try to convince you that being level 5000 with max perks has nothing to do with game performance are trying to take credit for gamified super stats.

The weapon skills level up! Regeneration! Armor!

You cant even find an inoculator style weapon until level 200 or so.

Calm down pvpers, You probably are good at this style of gameplay but if the experience is so awful that no new players ever join, you will forever be bending other players ears with tales of the days when you had full pvp lobbies.

Cyborg Superman
04-02-2014, 12:36 PM
I think the game should allow private matches so friends and clanmates, maybe even rival clans, can have a place to have fun and not have to worrie about that one player who joins gets 50 kills, no deaths and forces everyone to rage quit. If not private matches, why not give us leaderboards and match people by they kill, death ratio.

dejarnat
04-02-2014, 01:28 PM
I think the game should allow private matches so friends and clanmates, maybe even rival clans, can have a place to have fun and not have to worrie about that one player who joins gets 50 kills, no deaths and forces everyone to rage quit. If not private matches, why not give us leaderboards and match people by they kill, death ratio.

I could not agree with this more. Private/invite/clan matches would be fantastic. This could help ensure that friends/clan members get into the same PVP matches.