PDA

View Full Version : Server Stability or Nerf Incursion, sieges

Camelot
04-02-2014, 02:48 AM
Is it me or they nerf everything fun in the game? I kind of notice there were 5 sieges occurrences at the same time before then 4 sieges then 3 then 2 and now 1. What the heck? Lets talk about Incursion. There were continues incursions sometime 2 at the same time. Then 1hour break then it start again. Now, there's 1 then nothing. Boring, I'm bored to death. Not to mention, the arkfalls. Especially the Dark Matter arkfall, it's very rare.
I already done my weekly and daily. Give us something while we wait for the 5th DLC. Your gunslinger Arena (Dy Dekuso chamber) is broken and doesn't give a reputation points. What kind of DLC is that? ThornLiro give us reputation points and 7th Legion also give us reputation points. And your excuses is because its in the same vendor as VBI. Then make a separate vendor just for Gunslinger

N3gativeCr33p
04-02-2014, 06:05 AM
I still haven't seen a Mt. Tam incursion spawn in... I can't even remember how long...

It is what it is, I guess.

DSW
04-02-2014, 06:14 AM
i think they either broked it to hell or simply disabled mt.tam incursion because of REASONS.

Ned Kelly
04-02-2014, 07:30 AM
the drop rates are so nerfed currently as to question whether its worth playing at all. Since the last nerf I've found myself here in the forum far more then in game, there is just no reward for anything at the moment, just a never ending grind. 3 more dailys for incursions and need to buy two more things from the vendor, which means another two weeks of shooting crap for nothing, the loot that you pick up is better than the completion reward (well not really sometimes you do get a decent epic) but at 5K ego, a half decent epic might as well be a half decent white.

Was going to leave it at that but found some strength to complain about the mod cache, 3 greens and a blue.... for 50 rep. Should just be able to buy greens outright!

TremerChrist
04-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Not to mention that MM is broke again. Tried for 30 minutes with a full group and keep getting connection error. 1st birthday for the game and vets didn't get anything for being here for a year.

Deunan
04-02-2014, 09:59 AM
the drop rates are so nerfed currently as to question whether its worth playing at all.There doesn't appear to be any nerf to drop rates, your personal experience notwithstanding. On PC NA players continue to get Legendary drops at Sieges, Major Arkbreak Warmaster kills and Dark Matter Major Arkfalls and from lock boxes. This past weekend I received a Legendary "Headshot" Bolter. Two days ago I received a full set of Legendary Gear (weapon, shield, and grenade), one from a lock box, one from a Siege and one from a Dark Matter Major Arkfall. Yesterday I received a Legendary FRC Big Boomer with great rolls from a lock box. I'm not the only one. I've spoken to other players and they have been receiving Legendary drops as well. I'm sorry that you're stuck in a bad run but the drop rates overall appear to be unchanged.

I did ask CM Kiwibird if she could ask the development team to check on this a few weeks ago when players started complaining but based on what I've been witnessing and what's been conveyed to me by other players I don't think you can expect any affirmation that the drop rates were changed.

On the other hand, mass events do seem a bit leaner the past day or so, but there still seems to be plenty to do. Maybe they are making current events more lean in preparation for the next DLC.

mr8liner
04-02-2014, 10:22 AM
There doesn't appear to be any nerf to drop rates, your personal experience notwithstanding. On PC NA players continue to get Legendary drops at Sieges, Major Arkbreak Warmaster kills and Dark Matter Major Arkfalls and from lock boxes. This past weekend I received a Legendary "Headshot" Bolter. Two days ago I received a full set of Legendary Gear (weapon, shield, and grenade), one from a lock box, one from a Siege and one from a Dark Matter Major Arkfall. Yesterday I received a Legendary FRC Big Boomer with great rolls from a lock box. I'm not the only one. I've spoken to other players and they have been receiving Legendary drops as well. I'm sorry that you're stuck in a bad run but the drop rates overall appear to be unchanged.

I did ask CM Kiwibird if she could ask the development team to check on this a few weeks ago when players started complaining but based on what I've been witnessing and what's been conveyed to me by other players I don't think you can expect any affirmation that the drop rates were changed.

On the other hand, mass events do seem a bit leaner the past day or so, but there still seems to be plenty to do. Maybe they are making current events more lean in preparation for the next DLC.

You must not be on the PS3. things over here are much different. I did 30-40 seiges and got 1 orange weapon. Before DLP 4 I was getting oranges 1 out of every 5 I did. Most people were getting close to that as well. How the weapons that get dropped are the same thing..... every seige/arkfall/lockboxd/vendor/wm, before I get my rewards I already know what it is...... Sheild......Shotgun......Sniper Rifle. never fails.

Maybe you just don't see it, or you think that ***** can do no wrong, but every event in the game has been nerfed.

I like most people playing are getting very bored of grinding for a week to get rep only to recieve 3 blue guns. If i want 3 blue guns i'll get a t4 lockbox. Lets not even talk about the Warmaster, beating him gets you 2 green guns and either a blue or purple. If you kissed enough ***** that week you might get an orange.

Everything that people liked in this game (they) got rid of. I believe they are doing this on purpose so they can have a reason to shut down the servers......... cause personally they havn't done much to convince me otherwise

N3gativeCr33p
04-02-2014, 10:24 AM
1st birthday for the game and vets didn't get anything for being here for a year.

They're probably holding it off until Scapes makes the announcement... the one he briefly mentioned yesterday... :rolleyes:

Deunan
04-02-2014, 10:56 AM
You must not be on the PS3. things over here are much different.It's called confirmation bias. Your personal experience coupled with whatever limited data points you've selectively taken from other players doesn't constitute proof that anything has changed. It also runs contrary to what several other PS3 players posted repeatedly during the height of the disconnection issues that followed the update patch, where they all asserted they received orange loot only to lose it due to a disconnect. You'll continue to believe what you want to believe though.

Quebra Regra
04-02-2014, 11:03 AM
yup incursions and siege occurrences have definitely dropped substantially. My guess is they are tweaking server stability.

Lucent
04-02-2014, 12:27 PM
I have not encountered anyone who has received an orange from an incursion or siege after the patch on 360 NA. I know I personally haven't. It ABSOLUTELY is different.

DSW
04-02-2014, 02:08 PM
yup incursions and siege occurrences have definitely dropped substantially. My guess is they are tweaking server stability.

it was mentioned somewhere that they changed it so only 2 sieges could be at a time, and 2-3 incursions.

DIS
04-02-2014, 02:16 PM
I have not encountered anyone who has received an orange from an incursion or siege after the patch on 360 NA. I know I personally haven't. It ABSOLUTELY is different.

I personally have been receiving a good deal of legendary items from boxes, caches, Incursions, Dark Matter Arkfalls and even from Arkbreaker Arkfalls (Warmonkey). Xbox 360 NA.

Note: Dice do not roll consistently, EVER. Not rolling snake eyes three out of ten times does not mean that the dice have changed, only your luck.

Camelot
04-02-2014, 10:52 PM
been playing 3hrs after the loot boost started. And I got kick out or disconnected a lot since then. Thus anybody else experiencing this?

duction
04-03-2014, 01:01 AM
If it was when you were trying to pick up loot In an area loaded with drops and you got d/c then yes lol

mr8liner
04-03-2014, 09:43 AM
It's called confirmation bias. Your personal experience coupled with whatever limited data points you've selectively taken from other players doesn't constitute proof that anything has changed. It also runs contrary to what several other PS3 players posted repeatedly during the height of the disconnection issues that followed the update patch, where they all asserted they received orange loot only to lose it due to a disconnect. You'll continue to believe what you want to believe though.

Many people that I talk to are not getting oranges like they did before the launch of DLP#4.

The only thing that is dropping oranges the most id the DarK Matter major.

Befor DLP#4 I would get 1 orange out of every 5 incursions sometimes it was 1/3. After DLP#4 I went between 30-40 before I even got one. And i know for a fact that most people saw the same drop as I did.

I never said they weren't giving them out when the servers were junk kicking you out and not getting any rewards for it. I know that was happening. Happened to me many times. I am talking about after they ( some what) got the servers fixed that oranges are not dropping as much as they did before. You probably think that oranges are dropping at the same rate for the Warmaster as they did when it first came out. What is that at now 6%. That is most likely what sieges/incursions are at now as well.

They did said in one of these treads that if they did drop the rate at which oranges drop, it was something that they didn't mean to do.

All they want is for you to buy bits and get t4 boxes or the big ***** rip off %75 lengendatry box. They won't telll you this is the case, but we can all see that they are hungry for more money

Deunan
04-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Befor DLP#4 I would get 1 orange out of every 5 incursions sometimes it was 1/3. After DLP#4 I went between 30-40 before I even got one. And i know for a fact that most people saw the same drop as I did.If that's what you're complaining about I have no sympathy for your situation. That's a ridiculous drop rate and any expectation of a drop rate like that is equally ridiculous. The Legendary roll has nothing to do with incursions. It's a roll that comes because of the Siege event and Sieges never had a drop rate like that before 7th Legion. There was a time when Afflicted Sieges didn't even have Legendary weapons in the loot table for Tier 10 scores. You've been the beneficiary of what was obviously an unintended effect which has since been removed. It has nothing to do with some tin foil hat conspiracy theory related to bit store purchases.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-03-2014, 04:41 PM
The sad truth is that Defiance has been broken since the first major patch went out a month or two after the game's release. Everything went downhill from there.

Roll everything back and give me launch game mechanics.

Atticus Batman
04-03-2014, 08:00 PM
The sad truth is that Defiance has been broken since the first major patch went out a month or two after the game's release. Everything went downhill from there.

Roll everything back and give me launch game mechanics.

NO! It was unplayable for the first 2 weeks after launch. I do NOT want that again!