PDA

View Full Version : Doesanyone know when dlc 5 is being released?

Sgt Frankenstein
04-02-2014, 03:20 PM
I know they said in April but there's no exact date.

Deunan
04-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Sort of. It's not an exact date but...

Do you have a launch date in mind for the DLC and a date in mind for the PTS?

We do. We're hoping to bring an alpha build to PTS this week and launch Arktech Revolution during the month of April.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-02-2014, 05:27 PM
They practically just announced this thing and you're ALREADY looking for an EXACT date?

Patience young grasshopper. I've never seen anyone so eager to deal with new bugs.

Sgt Frankenstein
04-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Sort of. It's not an exact date but...
Thank you for responding maturely and not razzle me for asking like other people do. I appreciate it.

Sgt Frankenstein
04-02-2014, 06:17 PM
They practically just announced this thing and you're ALREADY looking for an EXACT date?

Patience young grasshopper. I've never seen anyone so eager to deal with new bugs.
I was just asking cause the last 4 dlc's we're released shortly after the announcement or it felt that way to me. And there will always be "Bugs" we'll have to deal with. Fact is this is the only DLC I've been excited about and can't wait to have weapon damage raised to my ego rating. This DLC may be the game changer i been waiting for.

Im Lost
04-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Its going on the PTS tomorrow so going by past experience this coming Tuesday or the following Tuesday. They usually drop the DLC the Tuesday after putting it on the PTS without giving the testers ample time to test the DLC or fix the issues with it.

Holy Bahamut3
04-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Its going on the PTS tomorrow so going by past experience this coming Tuesday or the following Tuesday. They usually drop the DLC the Tuesday after putting it on the PTS without giving the testers ample time to test the DLC or fix the issues with it.

Beat me to it...

Defenze
04-03-2014, 12:30 AM

As usual, I can count on Distorted to bring clarity and reason to the disscussion. I'm just not that pumped about the thing. One more problem (or problems as it were) to deal with. Calm down and get a job. LOL :p

Deirachel
04-03-2014, 02:12 AM
I was just asking cause the last 4 dlc's we're released shortly after the announcement or it felt that way to me. And there will always be "Bugs" we'll have to deal with. Fact is this is the only DLC I've been excited about and can't wait to have weapon damage raised to my ego rating. This DLC may be the game changer i been waiting for.

From the posts about the new DLC, you are definately in the minority.

Ned Kelly
04-03-2014, 02:16 AM
The extra dmg is going to play havoc onscreen with show damage numbers....

Atticus Batman
04-03-2014, 03:51 AM
As usual, I can count on Distorted to bring clarity and reason to the disscussion. I'm just not that pumped about the thing. One more problem (or problems as it were) to deal with. Calm down and get a job. LOL :p

It could take alot of Arkforge to level one's current guns to their level.

N3gativeCr33p
04-03-2014, 05:24 AM
This DLC may be the game changer i been waiting for.

"Game changer"... yeah, I remember someone at Trion saying this about a previous "DLC" release. :rolleyes:

duction
04-03-2014, 05:29 AM
Letting you re roll mastery bonus's is a pretty big thing :)

Quebra Regra
04-03-2014, 05:32 AM
Letting you re roll mastery bonus's is a pretty big thing :)

That's not included in this DLC, but an upcoming change afterward.

duction
04-03-2014, 05:51 AM

It's still part of the 5th DLC if you want to be pedantic about it.

Quebra Regra
04-03-2014, 06:00 AM
I'm going to assume you didn't read the official post:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?154443-Defiance-Arktech-Revolution-Community-Q-amp-A

No where in there does it say you're getting a re-roll mastery with DLC5. Mastery re-roll has nothing to do with DLC5, excpet that it may come after it at some time.

Am I missing something mate?

rydda
04-03-2014, 06:03 AM
Like to see what pvp will do with this dlc5 weapon dmg. An shield boost for lower ego players.

duction
04-03-2014, 06:14 AM
I'm going to assume you didn't read the official post:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?154443-Defiance-Arktech-Revolution-Community-Q-amp-A

No where in there does it say you're getting a re-roll mastery with DLC5. Mastery re-roll has nothing to do with DLC5, excpet that it may come after it at some time.

Am I missing something mate?

http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/03/28/arktech-revolution-the-march-of-progress/

"You’ll get 1,000 Arkforge as part of the Chimera Arktech Kit that comes with the purchase of Arktech Revolution, along with a special outfit, title, new Chimera contracts and vendor, pursuits, perks, and more. Arkforge will also expand to have new uses in the future, such as rerolling weapon masteries."

Yup will be added but not strait away, as you need the DLC to do this it's part of the DLC.

firemist
04-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Not according to Scapes who has confirmed elsewhere on the forum that this feature will be part of this DLC

Quebra Regra
04-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Smells like vaporware to me. So does that mean we'll get more after the fact content for the previous DLCs? Guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

I guess we'll see what's left of the game after the advent of DLC 5.

Atticus Batman
04-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Smells like vaporware to me. So does that mean we'll get more after the fact content for the previous DLCs? Guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

Like always we will get more after the fact as they patch and fix. Just like the co-op arenas from Dlc 1. They ended up solo, and made co-op lots o' patches and 3 dlc later.

Bonehead
04-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Like always we will get more after the fact as they patch and fix. Just like the co-op arenas from Dlc 1. They ended up solo, and made co-op lots o' patches and 3 dlc later.

I think you're on to something here B Man. The next season pass will be to fix the first season pass.

Atticus Batman
04-03-2014, 03:34 PM
I think you're on to something here B Man. The next season pass will be to fix the first season pass.

OF course. Sp one was "The Dawn of Critical Errors!" Sp 2, I am expecting to be "The Combo Breaker!". Sp 3, if it makes it that far may be. "Boneheads Prevail!". :cool:

Seizan
04-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Not according to Scapes who has confirmed elsewhere on the forum that this feature will be part of this DLC

I tried to find this post earlier today after you mentioned it this morning but couldn't find it. What I did find was a post by Scapes mentioning the technical aspects of mastery re-roll (you're guaranteed a different roll the first time you re-roll your weapon but could get the initial mastery if you reroll the weapon a second time and so on). In that post, Scapes mentioned that ANOTHER mastery related change is going to be introduced along with DLC 5 and this said change is "you will continue to gain weapon experience with weapons that have already been mastered".

Atticus Batman
04-03-2014, 03:38 PM
I tried to find this post earlier today after you mentioned it this morning but couldn't find it. What I did find was a post by Scapes mentioning the technical aspects of mastery re-roll (you're guaranteed a different roll the first time you re-roll your weapon but could get the initial mastery if you reroll the weapon a second time and so on). In that post, Scapes mentioned that ANOTHER mastery related change is going to be introduced along with DLC 5 and this said change is "you will continue to gain weapon experience with weapons that have already been mastered".

Continuing to gain weapon skill levels without having to remaster a mastered weapon?! That is witchcraft, and I don't beleive you! Although I do hope you read that right, because that would be a great change.

Bonehead
04-03-2014, 03:53 PM

I loves me a big ole
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/heardmentality/vaporware07.jpg

Bonehead
04-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Continuing to gain weapon skill levels without having to remaster a mastered weapon?! That is witchcraft, and I don't beleive you! Although I do hope you read that right, because that would be a great change.

I would truly love for that to be the case.

Rokea
04-03-2014, 04:23 PM
They have to break it first before they release it

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-03-2014, 04:35 PM

I agree with the excitement. I saw Combo's vid on the announcement and was all like "Holy ****. I'm actually excited about something Defiance related.", which hasn't happened in a long time.

I do apologize for the razzling btw. It just seems common sense to me to either wait until the launch date is announced or use Google on your own to search. I'm used to dealing with idiots on this site.

Oh I understand that there will always be bugs, but Defiance patches and DLC has a habit of breaking more than it fixes. I should know. I've been around since launch day. I've yet to see a relatively bug-free DLC release/patch. =\

Haha! Thanks Defenze. I was a little brash with his treatment though. He's new so he hasn't had the time to develop into an idiot yet. :P

Seizan
04-03-2014, 04:48 PM

:) found the post for you, Mr. Wayne.

It's the second post on this page:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?154102-Re-Rell-your-mastery-bonus-has-come!&p=1447530#post1447530

"It's also worth noting another mastery-related change coming in Arktech Revolution: you'll still gain weapon experience from mastered weapons."

Defenze
04-03-2014, 06:16 PM
I agree with the excitement. I saw Combo's vid on the announcement and was all like "Holy ****. I'm actually excited about something Defiance related.", which hasn't happened in a long time.

I do apologize for the razzling btw. It just seems common sense to me to either wait until the launch date is announced or use Google on your own to search. I'm used to dealing with idiots on this site.

Oh I understand that there will always be bugs, but Defiance patches and DLC has a habit of breaking more than it fixes. I should know. I've been around since launch day. I've yet to see a relatively bug-free DLC release/patch. =\

Haha! Thanks Defenze. I was a little brash with his treatment though. He's new so he hasn't had the time to develop into an idiot yet. :P

LOL That's is too funny. But so true. Rock on Bro.