PDA

View Full Version : The Uprising! :)

JEMINAI
04-02-2014, 05:41 PM
now and then I wonder how the Deutsch & Franšais communities are feeling about Defiance...

DSW
04-02-2014, 06:07 PM
you can google translate their forums, lol

Tekrunner
04-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Is there anything in particular you wonder about? As far as I can tell there hasn't been much of a French community to speak of for a while, but the people who are still playing feel about the same as everyone in general. Well, they're also annoyed at the fact that Gunslinger wasn't completely localized for them...

Amun Ra
04-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Shhht.
I am happy our chat is English now.
For a LONG while it was German mostly.

There should be a rule to use English in general chats...

And FYI: No, I am Belgian, my mother language is Dutch (Flemish to be accurate).

duction
04-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Large French player base on EU xbox, fair few in our clan

drackiller
04-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Shhht.

And FYI: No, I am Belgian, my mother language is Dutch (Flemish to be accurate).
You will get people confused my friend and they will think that people from Holland (Nederland) and Belgium (Pays Bas) is the same because you all (do not) speak Dutch !! ;)

Tsort
04-03-2014, 03:18 AM
French:

Well, they're also annoyed at the fact that Gunslinger wasn't completely localized for them...
Not only that, but the subtitles are running way too fast (less than 1 sec per text block), and we're waiting for a fix to that since Gunslinger came out. Right now, no voice-over, no text either.

About Arktech Revolution, while some are enthuthiastic about the changes, most didn't want level-gating and scaling.

And obviously, everybody's longing for new content.

Critical Errors
04-03-2014, 03:28 AM
now and then I wonder how the Deutsch & Franšais communities are feeling about Defiance...

The German forums seem to have the same tone as the English forums. A handful of people supportive of the game, and more that are annoyed for some reason or other at the state of play. I don't speak French, but I imagine it is the same.
I live in Germany, and the gamers I run into IRL don't even have Defiance on their radar. I find that Americans are more tolerable of a product not working perfectly at the start. The mentality in Germany is that if it doesn't work right away, then the product gets returned, or simply not used again. I didn't even find a copy of the game at any of the game stores locally. I'm not even sure the show ever aired in German.

Amun Ra
04-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Still, there should be an enforced rule that states that general chats should be English, and nothing but.
Not doing so is bloody impolite to people that do not understand German, French, Polish, whatever.
I understand German, but there it ends (safe for Flemish and English ofcourse).

Fuzzy
04-03-2014, 09:46 AM
I'm not even sure the show ever aired in German.

It did air here. I think on the German SyFy a day or two after it aired in the USA.
But I'm not sure if it ever aired on free TV.

Still, there should be an enforced rule that states that general chats should be English, and nothing but.
Not doing so is bloody impolite to people that do not understand German, French, Polish, whatever.
I understand German, but there it ends (safe for Flemish and English ofcourse).

I got to say, I am annoyed by that too, even though I am German. Nevertheless, I can understand people who look for other people who speak the same language. There are people who don't understand English/speak English.
It's annoying, yes, and some people even get really offensive when you ask them to stop (I did it once and I was offended by someone calling us Nazis and what not... So yeah...).
As long as it doesn't take over the chat, I'm okay with people talking in other languages.
And I NEVER would make it a general rule to have to talk in english. People from all over the world are playing this game and even in the NA chat I sometimes saw spanish or italian or something like this. So it's not just like this on the EU servers ;)
As I said, not everybody speaks or understands English, you can play the game in French, German and English, so people should be allowed to talk in another language.

RAGEFIGHTER
04-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Shhht.

stop acting like shtako defiance is international game it does not means theth all nation all members know english so they speak theyr own language dont understand dont read it wasnt meant for you then !!! hitler is down but some ppls still acting prety shtako like !!! shame on you just because someone dont know englis cant play game now ??

Critical Errors
04-03-2014, 10:31 AM
It did air here. I think on the German SyFy a day or two after it aired in the USA.
But I'm not sure if it ever aired on free TV.

I got to say, I am annoyed by that too, even though I am German. Nevertheless, I can understand people who look for other people who speak the same language. There are people who don't understand English/speak English.
It's annoying, yes, and some people even get really offensive when you ask them to stop (I did it once and I was offended by someone calling us Nazis and what not... So yeah...).
As long as it doesn't take over the chat, I'm okay with people talking in other languages.
And I NEVER would make it a general rule to have to talk in english. People from all over the world are playing this game and even in the NA chat I sometimes saw spanish or italian or something like this. So it's not just like this on the EU servers ;)
As I said, not everybody speaks or understands English, you can play the game in French, German and English, so people should be allowed to talk in another language.

I felt bad for a German player that tried to ask a bunch of things in chat on the NA server. He was assuming everything he typed would be auto-translated. The idea would be kinda cool, and probably quite feasible. I tried to help him figure some stuff out, but never saw him again after that day.

Amun Ra
04-03-2014, 10:41 AM
I can understand people who look for other people who speak the same language. No problem there.
Thing is however, they have entire convo's in general chats.
THAT is what bothers me.

Aside, I think, that not too many people exist that do not understand English.
Most know quite a bit of English, due to music, TV, computer.

If you want to have a convo in your own language, then join a "XXX" speaking Clan.
Or have this convo in PM.

I think that's fair to ask, no? :)
stop acting like shtako defiance is international game it does not means theth all nation all members know english so they speak theyr own language dont understand dont read it wasnt meant for you then !!! hitler is down but some ppls still acting prety shtako like !!! shame on you just because someone dont know englis cant play game now ??So, you -being for instance German (example)- means you have not to be respectful to non-German people?
Chatting in a language not-English in General chat (in an International game) is considered rude, you are aware of that, right?
Just like typing in Caps.
I am not English.
I speak English in general chats, as token of respect to others.
I expect this same respect back.
Am I being an arse then?

Critical Errors
04-03-2014, 10:43 AM
stop acting like shtako defiance is international game it does not means theth all nation all members know english so they speak theyr own language dont understand dont read it wasnt meant for you then !!! hitler is down but some ppls still acting prety shtako like !!! shame on you just because someone dont know englis cant play game now ??

He's not saying the game play should be only in English. He means the chat where players need to communicate with each other. Because of the many languages used on the EU servers, it is often difficult to know what's being said. As most European countries also learn English, it would make communication more productive.

Amun Ra
04-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Correct, Critical.
It would make overall communication a ton better.

Imagine anyone asking help in Swahili.
How many think can help that player?
Now, if he asks the same thing in English, don't you think a lot more players would respond?

It would help everyone, including you, if we all spoke the same language, Rage.
I did not mean any disrespect, or insult.

Midori Oku
04-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Critical, you're German? I never knew that! o.0

Amun Ra
04-03-2014, 01:11 PM
He's a person, just like you and me. :)

Midori Oku
04-03-2014, 01:25 PM
He's a person, just like you and me. :)

I thought he was a robot. D:

Amun Ra
04-03-2014, 03:08 PM
OK, now you got me wondering...
He so could be one. O_O

Bonehead
04-03-2014, 03:13 PM
I thought he was a mushroom.

Atticus Batman
04-03-2014, 03:17 PM
He's not saying the game play should be only in English. He means the chat where players need to communicate with each other. Because of the many languages used on the EU servers, it is often difficult to know what's being said. As most European countries also learn English, it would make communication more productive.

I get what he wants, but forcing people to use a language they aren't comfertable with, wont happen.

Trion needs to get a GOOD chat coder, to code in a translator that auto-translates to the language you pick in settings, with the option to turn off the translator and an option of different languages to choose from, because as Rage and a few others have said lots of diffferent language speaking peeps play. That is all that needs done.

Atticus Batman
04-03-2014, 03:18 PM
I thought he was a robot. D:

I thought he was that Mr. Error that likes to boot me from instances!

Off topic, Crit if you are the Trion Celebrity character that was trying to sell me a bundle of 3 purple and an oj tripleshots last night for 2 mill, I am sorry I laughed but that just seemed rediculious, especially when I was told I had to agree to the price before seeing them! That won't happen since I have never seen an Oj tripleshot and don't want a bunch of that gun anyway, just a replacement for my life syphon purp, with good rolls. Although I do doubt it was you, since they spelled trion wrong and were pushy and rude.

Tsort
04-04-2014, 12:43 AM
While *I* use only English, being French, I disagree that there should be a rule, or that speaking another language is impolite, rude or disrespectful or whatnot.

If you're playing on the EU servers and there is a working chat system, you have the right to use it. Whatever your native tongue is.

Critical Errors
04-04-2014, 02:03 AM

Off topic, Crit if you are the Trion Celebrity character that was trying to sell me a bundle of 3 purple and an oj tripleshots last night for 2 mill, I am sorry I laughed but that just seemed rediculious, especially when I was told I had to agree to the price before seeing them! That won't happen since I have never seen an Oj tripleshot and don't want a bunch of that gun anyway, just a replacement for my life syphon purp, with good rolls. Although I do doubt it was you, since they spelled trion wrong and were pushy and rude.

Lol! 2mil? I don't even think a perfect version of a tripleshot would get more than 100k. Definitely not me!
I withhold comment on the disconnects.....

Critical Errors
04-04-2014, 02:08 AM
While *I* use only English, being French, I disagree that there should be a rule, or that speaking another language is impolite, rude or disrespectful or whatnot.

If you're playing on the EU servers and there is a working chat system, you have the right to use it. Whatever your native tongue is.

You choose to use English though. So one would say that you're doing so out of ease of communication. So that kinda proves the point :p

Ambelina
04-04-2014, 02:16 AM
I thought he was a mushroom.

I thought he was a blister of flavors... whatever that is...

Wait, flavorblisters, that's not like the herp is it? Or is it the good kind.. nvm there is no good kind lol

Tekrunner
04-04-2014, 02:23 AM

Not only that, but the game was fully (well, almost) translated into other languages. I've been in a clan with people who barely understand a word of English. They can play the game perfectly well, no knowledge of English is required at all. But how would they even find friends and a clan if languages other than English were banned in general chats?

Maybe if /zone were busier it'd be worth having language-specific channels. But right now I don't really see the need for it.

Critical Errors
04-04-2014, 02:24 AM
Critical, you're German? I never knew that! o.0

I'm not German, just a displaced vet living in Germany. But I do speak zee language..

Amun Ra
04-04-2014, 04:14 AM
Nevertheless, I can understand people who look for other people who speak the same language. There are people who don't understand English/speak English.
No problem there.
THAT is what bothers me.
But how would they even find friends and a clan if languages other than English were banned in general chats?I think I covered that, and I also told you what somewhat bothers me. ;)

Blondin
04-04-2014, 06:04 AM
It's an international game, so ppl can speak the language they want or they can.
I totaly agree with french mate Tsort and Tek, there is no rule, if you want to speak french, german, polish or portuguese on chat, just do it, this game is international. So if you want to find friends who speak same language, you have too.
Now if you want to speak to everyone and be understood by everyone, it's easier to speak english.

About the game, well, there is no more french community, as every ppl who played the game a year ago has just gone, and also, Trion fired french CM who was very good at his job, he was playing on game with us, organizing trials, giving special gift... Now, they said we have a new CM, but he just posted once (don't even know if he's still here). Fortunately there is "Badprocess" a player, that give all the news and translate patch notes. But I guess the game didn't work too good, so Trion was loosing money.
Fact, they didn't even made the location for gunslinger dlc, and I guess they never will, no problem but we don't even have an english voice and subtitles don't work properly. I guess they don't really care, they won't get more money from french ppl, who find this game like it has no content, which is true...

drackiller
04-04-2014, 06:14 AM
It's an international game, so ppl can speak the language they want or they can.
I totaly agree with french mate Tsort and Tek, there is no rule, if you want to speak french, german, polish or portuguese on chat, just do it, this game is international. So if you want to find friends who speak same language, you have too.
Now if you want to speak to everyone and be understood by everyone, it's easier to speak english.

About the game, well, there is no more french community, as every ppl who played the game a year ago has just gone, and also, Trion fired french CM who was very good at his job, he was playing on game with us, organizing trials, giving special gift... Now, they said we have a new CM, but he just posted once (don't even know if he's still here). Fortunately there is "Badprocess" a player, that give all the news and translate patch notes. But I guess the game didn't work too good, so Trion was loosing money.
Fact, they didn't even made the location for gunslinger dlc, and I guess they never will, no problem but we don't even have an english voice and subtitles don't work properly. I guess they don't really care, they won't get more money from french ppl, who find this game like it has no content, which is true...

TY Blondin for even considering my language in your post :) even if we are less than 10 players of my native tongue ;)

ironcladtrash
04-04-2014, 09:09 PM

Holy ****! That guy is crazy. I have a couple of legendary triple shots I would just give away. Wish we could play cross platform, trading is crazy on the XBox. I try to be helpful where I can on the PC/NA, I am glad the scamming *******s aren't on the PC yet.

Amun Ra
04-05-2014, 04:10 AM
SHHHHT!!!!
Knock on wood, damn!
Yer hexing us.

But here I made a point (in another topic), seems those people are on game stations.
The PC people are so not like that.
Though we do get the same drops.

Last saturday, I gave away a 2.2 Crit, 2x 1.XX additional crit, assassin autopistol away, for free.
And many seem to offer orange geart for free on the PC servers.

Yes, we're a lucky, good bunch of folks alright. :)

RAGEFIGHTER
04-05-2014, 04:49 AM
No problem there.
THAT is what bothers me.

Aside, I think, that not too many people exist that do not understand English.
Most know quite a bit of English, due to music, TV, computer.

If you want to have a convo in your own language, then join a "XXX" speaking Clan.
Or have this convo in PM.

I think that's fair to ask, no? :)So, you -being for instance German (example)- means you have not to be respectful to non-German people?
Chatting in a language not-English in General chat (in an International game) is considered rude, you are aware of that, right?
Just like typing in Caps.
I am not English.
I speak English in general chats, as token of respect to others.
I expect this same respect back.
Am I being an arse then?

you are totaly wrong i respect every player does not mather they speak english german or chinese not everyone can speak english it does not mean they cant play game write only in english in chat where to h you get this in your mind??? there is no rule to speak only english so iff im hell japan player ill speak japan iff i cant speak english and will hope someone else speaks japan also so i will stick together with him thets the way it its someone had idea about auto translate idea is good but realy dont think trion bothers about chat now besides you are trying to get off germans and who ever else cant speak english but they are trions customers also i bet theth culd bother trion you say some customers cant play this game just cuz they dont speak english i say theyr best option is kick one shtako screamer than 10 15 non english speaking players ! :) besides i doo much more horrible things for ya i speak in chat in russian but also not in kirilic so even not all russian ppl can uderstand mee but i doo not wory about it and i will not wory :) i can write in hall coded language point is only in my side did mesage reached targed thats all iff you dont understand do not read it wasnt for ya then only thing trion shuld doo increase anti flood time and fix chat freeze also for mee clan chat does not work

ps freinds and or just on same way ppls invite mee in steam overwolf and raptr :) lets stick together team and yea for sure dosnt means what language you speak as far as we understand each other in fact even dont need to understand also i had great day in group with doggy style wee almost didnt speak but wee was exelent team :) fast and furious :)
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197999971175.png (http://steamsignature.com)
http://api.overwolf.com/users/Signature/jadernij_gameplay.png (http://www.overwolf.com/?utm_source=forums&utm_medium=signatures&utm_campaign=signature%2Bin%2Bforums)
http://raptr.com/badge/jadernij/fs_overall.png (http://raptr.com/jadernij?src=em_all)

Tsort
04-07-2014, 03:32 AM
Hey RAGEFIGHTER, here's a couple of them:

. .. . . ... ... ;; . . ,, . , ..; ... ,, . . , . , ..

Use them wisely.

(just kidding :))

drackiller
04-07-2014, 05:31 AM
SHHHHT!!!!
Knock on wood, damn!
Yer hexing us.

But here I made a point (in another topic), seems those people are on game stations.
The PC people are so not like that.
Though we do get the same drops.

Last saturday, I gave away a 2.2 Crit, 2x 1.XX additional crit, assassin autopistol away, for free.
And many seem to offer orange geart for free on the PC servers.

Yes, we're a lucky, good bunch of folks alright. :)

M8 please don`t say that console players are all like that, we are not.
I sell OJ`s pretty cheap and i have given away more weapons than those that i have selled.
And like me there are more that do the same on consoles.
Like there are people on the PC (i`m sure of that) that do the same things that you say we console players do.

N3gativeCr33p
04-07-2014, 05:57 AM
M8 please don`t say that console players are all like that, we are not.

Yeah, that "master race"... they sure are a strange lot. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/L8BIBep.gif

drackiller
04-07-2014, 06:19 AM
yeah, that "master race"... They sure are a strange lot. ;)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/n3gativecr33p/vinnymac_zps1173f8c8.gif

lol.................

Atticus Batman
04-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Holy ****! That guy is crazy. I have a couple of legendary triple shots I would just give away. Wish we could play cross platform, trading is crazy on the XBox. I try to be helpful where I can on the PC/NA, I am glad the scamming *******s aren't on the PC yet.

That would be great. Because I am not going to waste my time, searching for the good sellers and nice guys, who are buried in the shtakko of the crooks. I may have to try remembering Crit's username and hunting him down, I guess.

Amun Ra
04-08-2014, 03:16 AM
M8 please don`t say that console players are all like that, we are not.I do not believe I said ALL game station players are like that, my friend.
What I say is that those that charge rediculous prices, do not seem to be on the PC servers.
I for one haven't seen one so far.

Top price i payed for a weapon was 8oK, but that weapon was entirely blue modded in the right syn.
Not quite the same as the millions of Scrip asked on some the other systems...