PDA

View Full Version : Watch the "Defiance: The Lost Ones" Minisodes

Scapes
04-02-2014, 09:14 PM
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/DefianceWebisodes1_560x350.jpg (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/04/03/defiance-the-lost-ones/)

Get ready for the second season of Defiance with a five-part minisode series, Defiance: The Lost Ones! Picking up where the first season left off, Nolan faces unexpected danger as he searches for a missing Irisa. Hidden facets of Nolan and Irisa’s past are revealed as he races against a ticking clock to find his daughter.

Read the full article on the website. (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/04/03/defiance-the-lost-ones/)

Deunan
04-02-2014, 11:17 PM
I already saw all of them. Irisa looked cute as a kid. >^^<

internaut
04-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Sorry but the dregs of humanity are denied access.

badprocess
04-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Irisa looked cute as a kid. >^^<

As adult also :P

Sonic7870
04-03-2014, 02:08 AM
I can't watch these as I'm outside the US shame though

Ned Kelly
04-03-2014, 02:11 AM
I can't watch these as I'm outside the US shame though

I can help with that if you like.

Etaew
04-03-2014, 02:21 AM
No love for the UK :(

Ezekiel Abaddon
04-03-2014, 02:56 AM
As per usual those of us in the uk can't watch the damn webisode would love to have watched in but as we can't due to a regional issue guess we'll have to suffer as usual

dejarnat
04-03-2014, 04:46 AM
Hey, these are great. Hopefully, given the ending of the first season and the apparent direction of the second season, lots of people can watch these. It might be a little confusing for the casual viewer otherwise.

Quebra Regra
04-03-2014, 04:51 AM
I liked it quite a bit. Sorry about people outside the USA not being able to see the content. Try going through a USA based proxy:
http://filesharefreak.com/2008/11/29/the-10-best-free-web-proxies-for-anonymous-surfing

What's the deal with how the characters don't seem to know how to properly wear a beret? Anybody notice that NOLAN's knife is the exact same as was issued to US ARMY SF around 1990 (I loved that knife :)? I was shocked that they selected that knife for the episode, when they could have cheezed out and gave him some Rambo blade.

Well worth the time to watch IMHO.

N3gativeCr33p
04-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Can't wait for season two of the show... looking forward to it. :)

(I also find it funny how this is sticky worthy when I actually watched all of these a week ago. Not to mention, there are FAR TOO MANY stickies up there and it looks sloppy.)

Darkling
04-03-2014, 05:54 AM
Hopefully next time Trion attempts to something that is epic in theory they do it without treating the world outside the US like 5th grade people

Quebra Regra
04-03-2014, 06:03 AM
TRIOn can be blamed for a lot, but I think SYFY is responsible for the show (and access to the webisodes)

Scapes
04-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Not to mention, there are FAR TOO MANY stickies up there and it looks sloppy.

Agreed, which is why we'll be reconstructing the forum layout. A News & Announcements section is badly needed.

Arsenic_Touch
04-03-2014, 09:18 AM
If you can't watch it, use hola better internet google chrome extension.
Hola unblocker for firefox.

and here's the showcase link for canadians.

http://www.showcase.ca/video#defiance/video/season+2

Avril Parker
04-03-2014, 09:19 AM
"This content is currently unavailable"

Seriously, don't post links to your content on the forums when it's then just available to North-America.
Or at least have the decency to mark it as such.

//Edit: And yes, we could just run it over a proxy, which, and those providing said videos should know, defeats the point of their restrictions for the continent.

N3gativeCr33p
04-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Agreed, which is why we'll be reconstructing the forum layout. A News & Announcements section is badly needed.

Another thing that's badly needed? A much better anti-spam (bot) program.

Mess7739
04-03-2014, 01:05 PM
What's the deal with how the characters don't seem to know how to properly wear a beret? Anybody notice that NOLAN's knife is the exact same as was issued to US ARMY SF around 1990 (I loved that knife :)? I was shocked that they selected that knife for the episode, when they could have cheezed out and gave him some Rambo blade.

They probably bought those berets brand new and slapped them on the actors' heads. They obviously didn't spend any time shaving or preparing them, I hate seeing berets covered in fuzzies. :p

Quebra Regra
04-04-2014, 12:10 PM
They probably bought those berets brand new and slapped them on the actors' heads. They obviously didn't spend any time shaving or preparing them, I hate seeing berets covered in fuzzies. :p

To know that I'd have assumed that you were SF, or at least AIRBORNE... Then I remembered that the whole ARMY went with berets after I got out (dumbest idea ever). Even worse when the beret tails are left hanging out.

My recommendation, have somebody drop by RANGER JOES outside Benning and get a crate for the show... best pre-prepped/pre-shaped beanies I ever wore.

Methinks they need a better military adviser on the show. Hard to believe the show got the knife right, but didn't know how to prep/wear a beret.

Yrkul
04-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Methinks they need a better military adviser on the show. Hard to believe the show got the knife right, but didn't know how to prep/wear a beret.

Or wear a thigh rig. The one Nolan has flails around his knee. (cringe)

Perhaps they should have said advisor look at the game as well. Everytime I read a weapon description and see the word "clip".....

Mess7739
04-04-2014, 06:22 PM
To know that I'd have assumed that you were SF, or at least AIRBORNE... Then I remembered that the whole ARMY went with berets after I got out (dumbest idea ever). Even worse when the beret tails are left hanging out.

Tell me about it, imo there was nothing wrong with the garrison caps, some Four-Star probably bought a bunch of stock in black dye and wool. lol

They should get the 'quality' of uniform right too, I've never seen crisp, clean ACUs on soldiers that have been in the field for a few days never mind on soldiers that have supposedly been fighting a nonstop war against aliens. I wonder if it would kill them to just go to a surplus shop and pick up some uniforms with experience, I saw the minisode for season 2 and wondered how a soldier could keep his EMC ACUs so pristine, not only throughout the war but also for the decade after it was over. What? Does he live right next to an AAFES?

Amun Ra
04-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Seriously?
Content unavailable to my tiny country????
Rediculous!!!

Yrkul
04-06-2014, 05:16 AM
Seriously?
Content unavailable to my tiny country????
Rediculous!!!
Don't feel bad. I can't access it either.

Perhaps Trion wants us to find media via unofficial sources. Like those dubious sites the spambots blabber about. :p

Zigo Sid
04-06-2014, 05:36 AM
Unavailable for me too :(

Can't wait for season 2 and those webisodes !

Holy_Shtako
04-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Agreed can't wait for season 2. But the unavailable in my country thing is just total rubbish. I'd love to see those webisodes just like i'm sure the most of us here who cannot view them would also. It's bloody ridiculous we cannot view them.

Thor Beerson
06-11-2014, 02:01 PM
You guys should realise you are seriously pissing of the fanbase with this "Content unavailable" shtako.

Loved the game beta (tho I cant run the game on my old pc now) and love the series, dont see anything wrong about letting us european fans watch the webisodes.

But I guess It made sense to some twisted minded guy who restricted it..

Kellmourn
06-11-2014, 05:04 PM
You guys should realise you are seriously pissing of the fanbase with this "Content unavailable" shtako.

Loved the game beta (tho I cant run the game on my old pc now) and love the series, dont see anything wrong about letting us european fans watch the webisodes.

But I guess It made sense to some twisted minded guy who restricted it..

I just loaded up the videos on Firefox and they are working fine. Try clearing your cache and cookies.

Dukhat
06-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Can't wait for this & Season 2!