PDA

View Full Version : What is an extra life shield?

C2THEMAX
04-03-2014, 08:52 AM
Just wondering what an extra life shield is and how to obtain one, was there an event that I missed or can I still get one. I have been playing since april of last year and I seen in the trade forums someone is selling one. I have never heard of it until today. There was awhile back I went back to playing halo 4 for like a month until I capped. Can anyone please fill me in.

duction
04-03-2014, 08:55 AM
It's a shield that gives you extra life :D

All jokes aside it has a lot more capacity and comes in epic rarity, it was an event they did for 24 hours

C2THEMAX
04-03-2014, 09:01 AM
thanks for the info seeing it confused me since I have never seen one in game

Fuzzy
04-03-2014, 09:03 AM
It was around Halloween when there was an Extra Life event.
Apparently, they do this every year to raise money.
They did a 24h long livestream where they played Rift and Defiance. They gave out a few codes for some things in-game etc.
There were vendors which came up every hour for 15minutes or something. You could buy various shields and weapons.
The Extra Life Ironclad has a damn high capacity at EGO 5.00 (4.500). It has a capacity of 2347 , so really really high and really good for PvP.
All weapons are non-tradeable, so you won't be able to obtain one of these. The shields are tradeable, so if someone is willing to sell their shield, you really should buy it. Especially the EL shield is really good for PvP (if you are into it).

Maybe they'll do the EL event this year again (certainly for Rift, hopefully for Defiance as well.) It was a nice event and really fun watching the Live Stream.
You even could get a title if you played at least 24h on the whole weekend. When you donated a certain amount of money, you got a pink scalpel (blade)

Tekrunner
04-03-2014, 09:10 AM
I'm hoping for DLC 5 to make a couple limited-time items (you forgot the EL Tachyon Fuzzy, best PvP shield to use with cloak) not be best-in-class for PvP anymore. Because that's just not good PvP design.

C2THEMAX
04-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Yup thats about when I was playing halo. As far as pvp I got all my pursuits done so Im done with the whole pvp scene. And as far as shields go I love my legendary respark way to much (used a blue one when i did pvp when I was a way lower ego) to use anything else.

Fuzzy
04-03-2014, 09:22 AM
I'm hoping for DLC 5 to make a couple limited-time items (you forgot the EL Tachyon Fuzzy, best PvP shield to use with cloak) not be best-in-class for PvP anymore. Because that's just not good PvP design.

You're right, I forgot that!

OT: BTW Tek, we finally made it. You're inbox is full :P

Critical Errors
04-03-2014, 11:18 AM

EL Tachyon Fuzzy
10% Chance of beard growth on shield break
Cap = varies
Recharge 90%
Delay = 3 days

N3gativeCr33p
04-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Maybe they'll do the EL event this year again (certainly for Rift, hopefully for Defiance as well.) It was a nice event and really fun watching the Live Stream.
You even could get a title if you played at least 24h on the whole weekend. When you donated a certain amount of money, you got a pink scalpel (blade)

I'm unsure of Trion's plans for EL participation this year, but I am 100% sure that the Extra Life event will be held on October 25th. Even have my fundraising page renewed already, since I am a member of the EL Chicago Guild at the present time.

indica_theworm420
04-04-2014, 12:22 AM
6815Extralife shields[ATTACH]6814[/ATTACH