PDA

View Full Version : Weapons with "O" ego now having a random ego level assigned to them.

Shadakine
04-03-2014, 04:31 PM
So I noticed this morning that my Legendary Charge Blade from the Thorn Liro vendor, Plague Bringer rifle, and Hydra rocket launcher all now have a (possibly randomized?) EGO level being assigned to them. They used to just be blank, or a "0" ego weapon I guess is the best way to maybe say it, now they all have random ego levels in the low 3000's. Is this normal? It's been a long, long time since I used any of them but I've had them equipped in loadouts to prevent them from being broken down by mistake once they implemented the mass-salvage options.

Also, I swear to god the stats got messed with on the Plague Bringer. It now has a reload time of 5.0 (aka forever) and the damage dropped from 1800+ to 1100 something now with tier 2 mods attached. I did notice that the random weapon mastery bonus has quit changing each login, of course it's on a god awful roll choice now but at least it's static instead of dynamic. Think one of the weapons got a 5% from the hip crit bonus, the other has a 2% self-revive refresh per kill.

Thanks for reading!

Rokea
04-03-2014, 04:32 PM
its not normal, I don't have that issue when using the blade or katana for that matter. I would submit a report (not like it will do anything)

Shadakine
04-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Alright, I will try that the next time I log on. Thanks. I'm on the Xbox360 platform if that makes a difference, forgot that part in the original post.

It did make me chuckle that my weapons that are leveling up by themselves without spending Arkforge from the next DLC (or having the DLC5 in general) are getting worse stats instead of better ones :P Maybe it'll lead to being able to force critical disconnects when the rifle drops into the negative damage and in Shadow War/PVP (just kidding).

Seizan
04-03-2014, 05:00 PM
what is this "Plague Bringer Rifle" you speak of? I want to know.

Shadakine
04-03-2014, 05:06 PM
It was a pre-order weapon from Amazon.com I believe. I got a digital code for it when I ordered the collector's edition of the game pre-launch. Has whatever nano on it that was removed from the game still. It's a uncommon (blue) bolt-action sniper rifle. Look's like a frontier? bolt action I think.

Seizan
04-03-2014, 05:13 PM
It was a pre-order weapon from Amazon.com I believe. I got a digital code for it when I ordered the collector's edition of the game pre-launch. Has whatever nano on it that was removed from the game still. It's a uncommon (blue) bolt-action sniper rifle. Look's like a frontier? bolt action I think.

Very neat! Certainly a cool item to keep in your collection :)

As for the issues you are experiencing, it sounds to me like you may be (for whatever reason) getting an early taste of upcoming DLC 5 changes. Why else would the DMG of your sniper rifle drop so significantly?

Either way, it wouldn't hurt to send in a ticket or contact Live Chat.

Shadakine
04-03-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm used to the damage moving around on it. For a long time it would randomly apply what I'm guessing is any bonus to anything in the game (mods, weapon mastery, other weapon rolls) whenever I'd log into the game as the "Mastery Roll". It doesn't have any other rolls on it, they didn't include anything on the gun but the base stats when I redeemed it last year. Was always a good day though when my Mastery Roll was DMG x1.10 or something, between that and the Ultra Bore III I used to have on it, and Bolt Rifle Lv. 20 skill it'd bump the damage up to just a shade over 1800 per shot (like 1807 or something I think). I'm not going to complain too much though, it was kind of overpowered at that point since I think the nano increased the damage taken on targets or something and it could spread to surrounding targets. Went with the "Plague" name/theme on the rifle. The only other sniper I've gotten that had damage similar to it was the Extra Life bolt action, and even it had the post-patch damage increase and came with actual rolls. The crit bonus was upwards of a base wolfhound also when it would get a crit bonus mastery roll. I used to change the mods in the gun depending on what the mastery was on any given login/day. :) I did go ahead and submit a ticket through the support.trionwords website.

Iceberg
04-03-2014, 05:40 PM
My detu aru (sp) and nolan's rifle are doing the same thing. They had no levels to speak of several months ago, but when I started again a few weeks ago they had levels in the high 3k range. I also noticed that when I gain levels, they do also, but they are behind my current level by 500 or so ego points. Very strange.

Atticus Batman
04-03-2014, 07:33 PM
So I noticed this morning that my Legendary Charge Blade from the Thorn Liro vendor, Plague Bringer rifle, and Hydra rocket launcher all now have a (possibly randomized?) EGO level being assigned to them. They used to just be blank, or a "0" ego weapon I guess is the best way to maybe say it, now they all have random ego levels in the low 3000's. Is this normal? It's been a long, long time since I used any of them but I've had them equipped in loadouts to prevent them from being broken down by mistake once they implemented the mass-salvage options.

Also, I swear to god the stats got messed with on the Plague Bringer. It now has a reload time of 5.0 (aka forever) and the damage dropped from 1800+ to 1100 something now with tier 2 mods attached. I did notice that the random weapon mastery bonus has quit changing each login, of course it's on a god awful roll choice now but at least it's static instead of dynamic. Think one of the weapons got a 5% from the hip crit bonus, the other has a 2% self-revive refresh per kill.

Thanks for reading!

The levels are being funky, but that's not new, it happens with every Dlc. As for your Plague Bringer, my guess is you haven't used or looked at it since like August, when they nerfed ALL starter guns, special mission guns, Ark code guns, special addition and Pre-order guns.

I pre-ordered from Gamestop, so I have a sporeshot. I wish they would fix the rolls on ALL starter guns, special mission guns, Ark code guns, special addition and Pre-order guns and give them a syn, but that will NEVER happen, since they have worked so hard at making them obsolete.

Critical Errors
04-04-2014, 02:18 AM
When grenades got changed to --- ego, a few of us had some that we couldn't equip after trading. Support told us that they still had an ego level that wasn't showing that was too high for the character we were trying to transfer it to. It's possible that the Ego level showing on your weapons is just that native ego. Also could have something to do with the next DLC mechanics bleeding through.

duction
04-04-2014, 02:34 AM
I have the amazon pre order and it's a caustic nano, no bonus's and is a pump shotgun..

They messed up the sounds for it... It has a reload sound but but no fire sound, it's silent to fire lol

Guns called the 'intoxicator'

Amun Ra
04-04-2014, 04:26 AM
Very neat! Certainly a cool item to keep in your collection
Which is why I suggested a few times for a storage (store item?) which is upgradable.
All these 'to keep items' just clutter the frikken inventory. :(
when the rifle drops into the negative damageI once had this in Diablo (the first one).
A weapon that did -30'ish damage...
But I tell you, despite it was a funny bug, that was an absolute god weapon.
I made a ticket about that, and placed the weapon in my inventory (well, I did use it a few times when alone in a dungeon, just for the fun, mayem if there was any), and by the end of the week, like 200 people started to see these negative damage items.
The week after they found a bug in the randomizer, a math error...
Oddly, those damage errors only were in simple, very low level items...

Clarity Page
04-04-2014, 05:48 AM
Sounds like a server side issue, shame if it was client side defiance data might of been able to learn a bit about DLC 5s mechanics from it.
shame about your caustic sniper that sounds epic, i wonder if the caustic revolver will be removed from the top notch vendor when they spruce up the nano system or if caustic will forever be in the game as a reminant of its past.

Ngamok
04-04-2014, 10:59 AM
my Phoenix Sniper Rifle I got with Steam Pre-order now has an EGO value as well.

Shadakine
04-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with you EGO 0 items adjusting EGO rating when y. Our development team is aware of and working to address this issue, and we hope to have a fix in place soon!

As always, we appreciate that you discovered the issue and brought it to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

---

I got an email response back from a GM, I'm wondering if they will get a fix out (maybe they have already, haven't been on in awhile) for this before the DLC5 drops and my guns are leveling for free instead of spending Arkforge! :D