PDA

View Full Version : Test server is live

Arsenic_Touch
04-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Yeah, test server is live now.

Stefanwulfe
04-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Nice! Keep up updated as often as possible.

CM Kiwibird
04-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Arsenic_Touch is completely correct. :o

Xervez
04-03-2014, 05:13 PM
OK there are now Legendary Mods, on the chimera vendor.

Headlands Vendor Chimera only...

Shields have armor now

New type of Stim

Seizan
04-03-2014, 05:16 PM

Shields have armor now

New type of Stim

Thank you for the awesome screenshots! Could we get screenshots of those Legendary Chimera weapons when you get a chance?

Lillith Valerian
04-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Alright, I have to ask. It's a question burning on several minds I know of at the moment.

Are the 'new' weapons actually new? Or are they just re-purposed?

Arsenic_Touch
04-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Alright, I have to ask. It's a question burning on several minds I know of at the moment.

Are the 'new' weapons actually new? Or are they just re-purposed?

Looks like old weapons with new names to me. The new synergy is pretty decent though.

Also, you can you have Trion copy your main character over to the PTS.

Iceberg
04-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Arsenic_Touch is completely correct. :o

He's always completely correct :P

Lillith Valerian
04-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Looks like old weapons with new names to me. The new synergy is pretty decent though.

Also, you can you have Trion copy your main character over to the PTS.

*Sigh*. Yeah, that's what I expected.

I can't participate in testing as far as I know. I'm a console peasant...

CRIXDA
04-03-2014, 06:37 PM
You are no damn peasant.
You are a Goddess among insects, and NEVER let anyone ever tell You any different.

Atticus Batman
04-03-2014, 08:08 PM
You are no damn peasant.
You are a Goddess among insects, and NEVER let anyone ever tell You any different.

If I had to describe Lill, I'd just post this picture.
http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/blogs/geekmom/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/black-canary-.jpg
That's right. She'd be Black Canary!

Lillith Valerian
04-03-2014, 08:18 PM
You guys are wuh-heird, and it's embarrassing me.

Black Canary's cool, but I'm a fan of Huntress. The newer, no-belly-showing one. The last solo run she had before they ruined her with the Nu52 Earth 2 title was the Greatest Thing Ever.

Holy Bahamut3
04-03-2014, 08:36 PM
So this "DLC" is a mixed bag...

To answer questions Ive seen, Ark-forge can be obtained via Incursions and I assume Sieges and ark-falls as well, but will require further testing to be sure. I had a score of 80k at ken farm and was rewarded 3 ark-forge so yeah a grind fest to say the least.

This new scaling system is a NIGHTMARE for new players and low level ark hunters as feared. My lowly PTS ark-hunter was no mach for raiders in the incursion by myself. I needed the support of at least one other ark-hunter and still succeeded in dying. So lone wolves take note, the newest frontier is a harsh mistress.

I hope this was informative to some of you.

Bonehead
04-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Too cute by half.
Looks like I'm going to have to learn the game all over if I am going to continue to play.
It took me a long time to get somewhat good at this game and I am not looking forward to learning all the new twists to this latest patch. It does not deserve the name DLC.
So shields have armor plates now. Why? To what end?
Is it just because it's all they could do?
Change the crap you can change because it's for sure you can't deliver on anything resembling what most reasonable people would call content.
The grenade and stim/spike refill drop rates suck the root BTW but that is minor and is subject to tweeking.
I find this latest attempt classic Trick.
If you can't impress them with some content, baffle them with some bull crap.

Arsenic_Touch
04-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Don't know how long the transfer is going to take. Not going to test it until then.

Lillith Valerian
04-03-2014, 08:57 PM

To answer questions Ive seen, Ark-forge can be obtained via Incursions and I assume Sieges and ark-falls as well, but will require further testing to be sure. I had a score of 80k at ken farm and was rewarded 3 ark-forge so yeah a grind fest to say the least.

This new scaling system is a NIGHTMARE for new players and low level ark hunters as feared. My lowly PTS ark-hunter was no mach for raiders in the incursion by myself. I needed the support of at least one other ark-hunter and still succeeded in dying. So lone wolves take note, the newest frontier is a harsh mistress.

We'll need 5 forge per 10 Ego points (one XP bar) per weapon to keep them current, right? So.......wow. I'm sure they'll ram it through as is, and I'm sure they'll make money out of the store with it. Not by me, but....someone, I'm sure. As it is now, I get so sick of resetting the skill bar on my orange weapons that I use only blues and purples now. Some of my blues have full T4 mod sets.

If this is really happening, the only decent thing to do would be to 'reset' everyone's weapons to the max level possible, matching their Ego. Then players can go forward from that point onward, making hard decisions as to what equipment they want to 'maintain'. Tossing a 1000 forge their way isn't enough to fairly buffer the massive change this will bring.

Of course, then there would be no panic-driven incentive to run to the bit store, would there?

I'm irritated because this entire thing is starting to feel gross. Not only are we now simply paying for lottery chances with the DLP, we are also paying for the free-to-play experience (performance improvement linked with store purchase). This is not at all what I was lead to believe this game would be when I dumped money into it months ago.

Casual attitude fading. Frustration growing again.

Deunan
04-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Also, you can you have Trion copy your main character over to the PTS.What's the procedure to get that done?

Bonehead
04-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Don't see how cash for ark-forge is anything other than pay to win but maybe I'm just confused.

Arsenic_Touch
04-03-2014, 09:06 PM
What's the procedure to get that done?

It's explained here - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?154646-4-3-14-Alpha-Updated-with-DLC-5-Come-test!-Now-with-character-copy!&p=1451996#post1451996

Im Lost
04-03-2014, 09:06 PM
What's the procedure to get that done?

4/3/14 - Alpha Updated with DLC #5 -- Come test! Now with character copy!
Hi all,

The Defiance Alpha server has been updated with DLC #5, Arktech Revolution! Draft patch notes are not quite ready yet, but we do want you to know that many values-- including damage values and drop rates-- are not yet finalized, and will likely change before the launch.

Additionally, we're happy to announce that we can now copy characters from live servers onto the Alpha server!

Since it is the Alpha server, we cannot offer any guarantees or support with characters after the transfer itself. The process is a manual one, so players are currently restricted to one character copy per person, and while we will complete as many requests as we can, we may need to limit the number if the demand proves to be too high.

The character copy does allow for transfers from the Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 servers, however, with that said, your Trion account must be linked to your console, and you must own Defiance on PC to access the Alpha server. so please do keep those two facts in mind!

If you'd like to have a character copied, please email community@defiance.com with the following information:

Live Email Address: your Trion email address.
Live Character Name: If your name is already taken on Alpha, we will select something similar to your existing name.
Platform and Region: US PC, Xbox EU, etc.

Alpha email address: If it is different from your normal, live email address. This account must own Defiance on PC.

ironcladtrash
04-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Don't know how long the transfer is going to take. Not going to test it until then.

Yeah I logged in earlier and there really wasn't much to do with my low toon. It's nice to see a lot of stuff for high EGO for a change. Hopefully they will copy our characters soon.

Midori Oku
04-03-2014, 09:12 PM

So it is as I feared about arkforge rates. Can someone see how much you get from lockboxes? However, I do like the sound of the enemy buffs!

duction
04-03-2014, 11:31 PM
3 ark forge per siege -_-*

Better then a poke in the eye I suppose lol, anyone else earnt it any other way yet?

Atticus Batman
04-03-2014, 11:35 PM
You guys are wuh-heird, and it's embarrassing me.

Black Canary's cool, but I'm a fan of Huntress. The newer, no-belly-showing one. The last solo run she had before they ruined her with the Nu52 Earth 2 title was the Greatest Thing Ever.

Nope, your sexy voice and high pitched scream say you are BLACK CANARY!

dejarnat
04-04-2014, 04:13 AM
Questions:

1. Are the legendary mods only of the Chimera synergy type?
2. Do the mods and gear from the vendor cost Arkforge, the core thingies, and scrip?
3. Is the clutter noticeably reduced with the consumables pickup change.

Thanks

duction
04-04-2014, 04:15 AM
Take a look at the alpha server section :) all is answerd with pics.

dejarnat
04-04-2014, 04:18 AM
Take a look at the alpha server section :) all is answerd with pics.

Just strolled through there, thanks for the direction. The new Paradise gear looks good.

Ned Kelly
04-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Pity the chimera outfit is a repaint of Nolans :(

Dar Katan
04-05-2014, 10:11 PM

I haven't seen a picture of this yet. Link? :)

Bonehead
04-05-2014, 10:59 PM

New Content!

Slayer Slayn
04-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Oh yea, Iceberg. I have been meaning to tell you. I have a replica of your mask. its got a black and charcoal grey paint scheme though. Via "Hidden Assasins" on Ebay. I have been wearing it when I go to jog at the local park... the looks I get from people are priceless.

Iceberg
04-06-2014, 05:13 AM
Oh yea, Iceberg. I have been meaning to tell you. I have a replica of your mask. its got a black and charcoal grey paint scheme though. Via "Hidden Assasins" on Ebay. I have been wearing it when I go to jog at the local park... the looks I get from people are priceless.

Sounds like you have good taste in running apparel!

Riz
04-06-2014, 11:39 AM

Shields have armor now

New type of Stim

Ok, i seen the pictures.. And they worry me... The vendor shows weapons of 5.000 EGO, in red numbers so that player there is not at 5.000 EGO. I'm close to 5.000 EGO, no problem there. But there are a lot of players that bought the Season Pass and arent even near 5.000 EGO. In last friday's livestream they told us that were going to be 3 difficulty tiers in the co-ops. The hardest one requires 4 players above 5.000 EGO to stand a chance, i assume this tier is the only one that gives players that new currency that we can use at the Chimera-vendor.

Looks to me Trion is creating a gap between small-EGO players and big EGO-players. With the big guys getting stronger and the small ones being unable to use their purchased DLC 5? This can't be true right?

rebtattoo
04-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Ok, i seen the pictures.. And they worry me... The vendor shows weapons of 5.000 EGO, in red numbers so that player there is not at 5.000 EGO. I'm close to 5.000 EGO, no problem there. But there are a lot of players that bought the Season Pass and arent even near 5.000 EGO. In last friday's livestream they told us that were going to be 3 difficulty tiers in the co-ops. The hardest one requires 4 players above 5.000 EGO to stand a chance, i assume this tier is the only one that gives players that new currency that we can use at the Chimera-vendor.

Looks to me Trion is creating a gap between small-EGO players and big EGO-players. With the big guys getting stronger and the small ones being unable to use their purchased DLC 5? This can't be true right?Interesting point!

Introducing a broken DLC that only serves the higher echelon EGOs. Honestly, I would not put it past The Company, at this point...

"Longer, more fulfilling chase?"

Holy Bahamut3
04-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Interesting point!

Introducing a broken DLC that only serves the higher echelon EGOs. Honestly, I would not put it past The Company, at this point...

"Longer, more fulfilling chase?"

Yep its their goal to force people to play their awful PVP...

Riz
04-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Actually, the more i think about it the more worried i get.

Also a new matrix will be introduced that upgrades your current gear, found at a lowel EGO level, to your current EGO. With upgrading your favorite weapons they will become significantly stronger. The way it is now a white VBI SMG of EGO 150 is pretty much equally strong as a white VBI SMG at EGO 4.000, so this will change and the 4.000 EGO SMG will definitely be deadlier then the 150 EGO one.

In PvE enemies will scale up to amount of players present and the EGO they represent. To avoid small EGO's to feel like they are shooting with waterpistols they get a temporary boost. That's cool of course.

But what about PvP? As it is now a big EGO has more perks to equip then a lower EGO player. Still with a good set of brains, some patience and a strategy the lower EGO can put down the big guy. But after DLC 5 the weapons of a big EGO will be stronger then the lower EGO, the big EGO prolly also has a better shield that can hold more newly introduced Armor Plates. And he already had the advantage of more perks. Are they trying to make PvP an 'Elite only'? Cause the way i see this now my 1.500 EGO friend i like to play with will serve as cannon fodder. And prolly quit playing PvP after a few matches... Maybe even quitting the whole game if he sees getting lapped a 100x by the advantage big guys have and knowing he has months to go before even beginning to catch up.

I'd really like to see Trion explain a little more about this kinda things, besides just making us happy with a vendor filled with orange stuff that only 10% of the players can use.

rebtattoo
04-06-2014, 12:17 PM
They made our old arsenals obsolete in the name of weapon balancing. Now they are introducing an idiotic mechanic that will render a white VBI AR on my 4300 EGO character more powerful than my 2800 EGO AR.

This is what is considered balanced??? My faith in Mr. ******* actually creating anything productive for this game has finally been completely shattered and can only hope that I can still enjoy the aspects of the game that he hasn't ****ed with yet and destroyed.

N3gativeCr33p
04-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Yep its their goal to force people to play their awful PVP...

Not going to happen here... it's more like they'll be forcing me to play the better of two MMOs that I currently own.