PDA

View Full Version : Critical Installation Failure Possible Fix

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Many of you, such as myself, were recently hit with the critical installation failure after patching for the last update. A few minutes into the forced reinstallation of the game you will receive a message stating that a critical game file failed to install. Here is a fix that worked for me and hopefully most of the rest of you still suffering from this bug.

It's simple really. Simply delete the installed game and reinstall via the Xbox dashboard. You'll still be forced to reinstall when entering the game but you should now be able to finish installing the game.

If this still doesn't work for you then simply delete everything associated with the game. Installed game, patch data, and anything else that might be in that folder, then reinstall via dashboard, reinstall via the in-game menu, then redownload the patches. You should be allowed in after this fresh start.

Hope this helps! ^__^

Atticus Batman
04-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Many of you, such as myself, were recently hit with the critical installation failure after patching for the last update. A few minutes into the forced reinstallation of the game you will receive a message stating that a critical game file failed to install. Here is a fix that worked for me and hopefully most of the rest of you still suffering from this bug.

It's simple really. Simply delete the installed game and reinstall via the Xbox dashboard. You'll still be forced to reinstall when entering the game but you should now be able to finish installing the game.

If this still doesn't work for you then simply delete everything associated with the game. Installed game, patch data, and anything else that might be in that folder, then reinstall via dashboard, reinstall via the in-game menu, then redownload the patches. You should be allowed in after this fresh start.

Hope this helps! ^__^

You aren't telling us anything new. That has been the fix since the beta. Problem is, we should not have to delete and reinstall with every big patch. So the real fix should be done by Trion, so we don't have to keep doing this workaraound that takes a long time.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-03-2014, 09:09 PM
You aren't telling us anything new. That has been the fix since the beta. Problem is, we should not have to delete and reinstall with every big patch. So the real fix should be done by Trion, so we don't have to keep doing this workaraound that takes a long time.

Atticus, you and I both know that this method of fixing the game has been around since beta, but you've been around long enough that you should realize that a good portion of the members of this message board don't know how to use the search function. On top of that, believe it or not, there are still people buying this game, which means that they wouldn't be aware of this method of fixing. This is moreso for them rather than us. We've been around long enough that this stuff is common sense for us.

I do agree that this issue should have been fixed ages ago though. It's been around for way too long. It seems like it's just been tossed by the wayside because it's not a "pressing matter". There are ways around it so there's no immediate reason to fix it, which is not the attitude that should be taken toward this. =/