PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea.

Shock Zone
04-04-2014, 12:47 AM
Fix your Server issues.
Fix your sound bugs.
Fix PvP. (Protection Spikes, Camo, Surge bolters, Etc...)
Fix vehicles disappearing while driving them.
Release Quality long content.
Advertise more. (it will help bring in new players.)

Retention of old players, bringing back old players who quit, and bringing in new players should be your concern.

Rokea
04-04-2014, 04:52 AM
Fix your Server issues.
Fix your sound bugs.

Retention of old players, bringing back old players who quit, and bringing in new players should be your concern.
don't forget
Fix your DLC issues (like how most of them aren't fully functional)
fix Chronkite Bunker
fix dekuso arena
fix sawning in the ground bug
fix your system for reporting bugs

N3gativeCr33p
04-04-2014, 05:53 AM
I would also add...

Fix your forums

Holy Bahamut3
04-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Fix the first three arenas of the gunslinger trials.

K Ron Spliffs
04-04-2014, 06:52 AM
Fix your Server issues.
Fix your sound bugs.

don't forget
Fix your DLC issues (like how most of them aren't fully functional)
fix Chronkite Bunker
fix dekuso arena
fix sawning in the ground bug
fix your system for reporting bugs

I would also add...

Fix your forums

Fix the first three arenas of the gunslinger trials.

Agreed with all of you guys. Instead of thinking of ways to drive us to the bit store, give us a stable game.

Holy Bahamut3
04-04-2014, 06:54 AM
Agreed with all of you guys. Instead of thinking of ways to drive us to the bit store, give us a stable game.

Really sick of having paid for content that is broken, or I can't enjoy. Examples: arkbreaker, gunslinger trials.

Rokea
04-04-2014, 09:20 AM
Really sick of having paid for content that is broken, or I can't enjoy. Examples: arkbreaker, gunslinger trials.

right!? Maybe if we printed out all the threads just from this site alone and mailed them to Trion they would get a hint.

Holy Bahamut3
04-04-2014, 09:31 AM
right!? Maybe if we printed out all the threads just from this site alone and mailed them to Trion they would get a hint.

I just sent a PM to Kiwibird to pass along to the dev team. I suggested a fix for the first arenas in Gunslinger, It made no sense to me why the first set of arenas were impossible to get gold on, but the next two sets were easy/average to get gold on. As for arkbreaker, I left that out; because, I cant add anymore to what everyone has suggested for fixes since it went live. I am sure they have read it all by now.

Rokea
04-04-2014, 09:48 AM
yeah the one at overpass where you bust the crates, I've done it a bazillion times and still it wont complete it. Nor will the pursuits "complete an incursion" and I cannot remember the other one.

K Ron Spliffs
04-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone,

Trion is probably going to close this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. They do not welcome any feedback, even when it is positive or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!

Mess7739
04-04-2014, 12:01 PM
I'd take a stable game over new content, that doesn't work properly, and new core mechanics any day. I also feel that a majority of the players feel the same way and wouldn't mind that the time spent from now to Season 2 of Defiance, or possibly even into Season 2, be focused on fixing the ongoing issues.

Overwatch
04-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Of course they will lock the thread of truth, they can not handle the truth.
A person goes to the store and purchase's a game for 50$. Begins playing.
Can not get through the last mission, as if Bullet for a badman wasn't bad enough.
Decided to skip the last mission and go for the Castithan DLC, Frustration sets in.
The realization that the rewards are below minimum for the time and effort put forth.
The crashes and other bug issues.
Realizing that as an average player they will never be able to get gold in many of the pursuits, decides to move on to a better game.
Now Trion has made 60 $...do you really think they care beyond the 60 $
As for the bits in the store.....what....seriously... nothing in there is worth the money.
THis game reminds me of going to the Dollar Tree Store and purchasing the 1$ knock offs of junk.
Trion- pronounced TRY ON- main concern is money and nothing else.
THey have a following of run and gunners and people that will keep putting money into this game...you know the ones, with no life and are professional gamers...While the average or below average gamer just sets it in the shelf.

DRHONEY
04-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone,

Trion is probably going to close this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. They do not welcome any feedback, even when it is positive or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!

How did u get that he was trying to impersonat a trion official. He said "If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team". NOT PM ME!

Rokea
04-04-2014, 01:31 PM
its true, if it is something they don't want to hear or deal with they close it off and call it non-productive feedback

Z0mb1E
04-04-2014, 01:42 PM

I would also add, fix your entire team's complete apathy for this product and the community who supports you.

Quebra Regra
04-04-2014, 02:15 PM
I believe that this is the proper link for submitting suggestions:
http://www.charlesapple.com/uploads/2012/07/120723WorkStairwellSuggestionBox.jpg

Maywald
04-04-2014, 02:42 PM
I've been playing the game for 10 months or so and still enjoy it. Many of us play other games as well, both free-to-play and paid games. When one compares different games, their development, such as patches, DLCs and updates, most of us arrive at the same logical conlusion, Defiance sucks. This is in no way ment to be insulting or uncontructive. I like the game and it's potential, but when compared to many other games, in terms of bug-fixing and DLCs, it does end up at the bottom.

I look forward to season 2 and hopefully some new and interesting episode missions. I am also cautiously positive towards "DLC" number five (Well, the legendary mods at least) and I hope during the summer this game will get a population boost and some new, solid story content.

But for every week and month that passes without anything genuinely new is added or something old is fixed, I like the game a little less. Eventually I will stop liking it, begin to hate it and move on.

CM Kiwibird
04-04-2014, 03:32 PM
I'd take a stable game over new content, that doesn't work properly, and new core mechanics any day. I also feel that a majority of the players feel the same way and wouldn't mind that the time spent from now to Season 2 of Defiance, or possibly even into Season 2, be focused on fixing the ongoing issues.

I'd like to go ahead and note that there's actually nothing wrong with saying things like this. That's a calm, even assessment of what you're not happy with right now.

Now, in the future, being specific about what you want to see changed is a good plan. There are no plans of closing this thread unless it dissolves into something nonconstructive. Saying that we're going to close this thread because you're having a discussion over what you'd like changed isn't constructive and does not add to the current discussion, and as you've seen, the thread has not been closed.

To improve discussion, I'm going to provide an example of what is constructive.

To begin, saying "fix xyz" or "fix abc" is a good start, but we can improve upon that. Flesh that out more, be specific. Instead of saying that it needs to be fixed, discuss what about it you want to see changed. Things like that actually help me when I'm going through the forums. PMs are also welcome. :o

Quebra Regra
04-04-2014, 03:48 PM
since someone in the know is listening, to create some fresh content with less labour (we know resources are strained), has anyone considered procedural generation:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/experienced-points/6418-The-Future-is-Procedural

Never the same game twice! Could be used to develop random ark wrecks for exploration, new dungeons and even expansive surface map additions.

For server stability, are you running NAGIOS, or VMWARE? VMOTION would allow you to migrate players from troubled servers (like when you need to do maintenance) without disconnecting them, NAGIOS would tell you the server is in trouble.

For my final suggestion, tshirts! Why is there no TRION defiance tshirt store online? why U no want my money?

Go ahead and close it if you want, it's woot loot time online! :P

CM Kiwibird
04-04-2014, 03:59 PM
it's woot loot time online! :P

That it is. :o

Holy Bahamut3
04-04-2014, 04:12 PM

Did you pass the suggestions along?

CM Kiwibird
04-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Did you pass the suggestions along?

That's part of what I do.

dogtired
04-04-2014, 04:34 PM
I believe that this is the proper link for submitting suggestions:
http://www.charlesapple.com/uploads/2012/07/120723WorkStairwellSuggestionBox.jpg

I think you might be on to something there.

CM Kiwibird
04-04-2014, 04:44 PM
I think you might be on to something there.

I don't see the resemblance, I don't think I look anything like that box.

jaoker48
04-04-2014, 06:21 PM
I'd like to go ahead and note that there's actually nothing wrong with saying things like this. That's a calm, even assessment of what you're not happy with right now.

Now, in the future, being specific about what you want to see changed is a good plan. There are no plans of closing this thread unless it dissolves into something nonconstructive. Saying that we're going to close this thread because you're having a discussion over what you'd like changed isn't constructive and does not add to the current discussion, and as you've seen, the thread has not been closed.

To begin, saying "fix xyz" or "fix abc" is a good start, but we can improve upon that. Flesh that out more, be specific. Instead of saying that it needs to be fixed, discuss what about it you want to see changed. Things like that actually help me when I'm going through the forums. PMs are also welcome. :o

You have a way to go directly to the devs and pass on information but yet we still have the same problems. We still drive cars that disappear, sound still goes mute, still get crit errors from trying to enter a warmaster Ark site, plus the arenas that were mentioned in this thread. I don't believe that fix ABC gets passed on.
I honestly think that Trion don't want to do anymore with this game and do the things that they do in hopes of us all quitting so they don't have to keep up with this game.

Jayx
04-04-2014, 06:33 PM
I honestly think that Trion don't want to do anymore with this game and do the things that they do in hopes of us all quitting so they don't have to keep up with this game.

The moment they said that they would be implementing a level scale system into defiance with a ark forge currency I instantly uninstalled because any hope of any further progress into some real game development/refinement like game stability/content/NEW mechanics was lost for me. I use to believe that maybe this game could go somewhere but that false dream has sailed away.

TRION thinks Defiance is a old wet sponge that needs to be squeezed of all its money before they can throw it in the trash for good.

PS and yes I have tried the "alpha test" so yes I can criticize.

jaoker48
04-04-2014, 06:39 PM
The moment they said that they would be implementing a level scale system into defiance with a ark forge currency I instantly uninstalled because any hope of any further progress into some real game development/refinement like game stability/content/NEW mechanics was lost for me. I use to believe that maybe this game could go somewhere but that false dream has sailed away.

TRION thinks Defiance is a old wet sponge that needs to be squeezed of all its money before they can throw it in the trash for good.

PS and yes I have tried the "alpha test" so yes I can criticize.

There's just so much potential with this game if they would just listen and act like they cared.

dogtired
04-04-2014, 06:46 PM

You are such a good pick for the job you have. Really, no sarcasm intended. You are one of the reasons I still have hope for this game for what it's worth.

Ironhide
04-04-2014, 07:48 PM

I never asked or anything nor does it matter but.....

Bro Fist Bump...if your a guy, Sympathetic Hug if your a female, Both if you don't care. But You have a tough job and I feel for Ya Kiwibird. Ya kinda got dragged into pool maintenance, after its had almost a year to sit and stagnate and the neighbor hood animals have used it as a makshift litterbox.

Too bad you were not here when it was still pristine. You and Scapse are the Two reasons I've not given up on Defiance yet. Although Dlc 5 might just be the last nail in the coffin for me.

Quebra Regra
04-04-2014, 08:13 PM

No, you look quite different indeed...

From what I have learned, I'm certain your good intentions are genuine. I do however worry about the organization's receptiveness, and ability to address issues/suggestions at this point.

I'll wager that part of your role is more like the person who feeds the suggestion into the TRION corporate maw, where it's promptly shredded, and then you get to face the brunt of the community backlash. Good thing you're young, you have a few weeks left before you become completely cynical and jaded like everyone else involved. ;)

Wow, that's a real downer now that I'm done typing. Hard to get happy after that one.

Quebra Regra
04-04-2014, 08:14 PM
I never asked or anything nor does it matter but.....

Bro Fist Bump...if your a guy, Sympathetic Hug if your a female, Both if you don't care. But You have a tough job and I feel for Ya Kiwibird. Ya kinda got dragged into pool maintenance, after its had almost a year to sit and stagnate and the neighbor hood animals have used it as a makshift litterbox.

Too bad you were not here when it was still pristine. You and Scapse are the Two reasons I've not given up on Defiance yet. Although Dlc 5 might just be the last nail in the coffin for me.

nice analogy, and also the reason I hold out a shred of hope. :)

Holy Bahamut3
04-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Sooo many scaling issues..... Goodnight alpha.....

Ironhide
04-05-2014, 02:17 AM
Sooo many scaling issues..... Goodnight alpha.....

Not a good time to be a fresh player on this game then, especially with high ego players around.... and not a good time to be a player at all. SMH....if it ain't broke , don't fix it Trion.

Ejamon
04-05-2014, 09:09 AM
For some reason I always imagine that when the Trion's Defiance staff made some mass exodus and left maybe 5 guys behind to take care of the mess. All the players yelling at these 5 guys to fix the game, and none of them even knows what this "Defiance" thingy is that people are screaming about......

I've been up too long...

rebtattoo
04-05-2014, 09:36 AM

To begin, saying "fix xyz" or "fix abc" is a good start, but we can improve upon that. Flesh that out more, be specific. Instead of saying that it needs to be fixed, discuss what about it you want to see changed. Things like that actually help me when I'm going through the forums. PMs are also welcome. :oI'll start with thanking you again for helping me with the issues I was having....That being said;

I have to call bullsh!t on the above quote.

It doesn't matter how many times we "constructively" ask that things be/not be implemented into the game, it doesn't matter. Mr. ***** ****** is bound and determined to make the game that he wants and **** the opinion of those that actually do play on a daily basis and know the game better than he does. He, who is supposed to be the Lead Developer, hasn't shown any solid proof that he even can develop new material, as far as Defiance is concerned.

So, unless it's helping with minor issues or granting "white trash weekends", which The Company is famed to do to silent the masses. It doesn't work. Most of us that come to these forums with legitimate concerns of the game could give a rats azz about boosts. We want the game fixed. Don't ask specifics. They are well known and most have been persistent since the game launched. The Company is notorious for "fixing" what isn't broken, and breaking a 1/2 dozen things in the process. Instead, it needs to pool it's meager resources into fixing the issues that are already there and not be concerned with adding more problems!

Until Mr. ******* realizes that this isn't "his" game, there will be dissension.

CM Kiwibird
04-05-2014, 11:24 AM
You are such a good pick for the job you have. Really, no sarcasm intended. You are one of the reasons I still have hope for this game for what it's worth.

Aww, you. :o That made me smile, thank you.

You have a way to go directly to the devs and pass on information but yet we still have the same problems.

I'd like to take a moment to explain that just because we have more information on an issue does not mean we will have an immediate fix in place. If I could make an immediate fix happen, I would, but that's not possible for most things. However, having more information helps make the process of fixing it easier, which speeds up said process.

An example: Remember that issue with the shield capacity? (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?152475-Shield-nerfed&p=1433586&viewfull=1#post1433586) Because we had awesome, informative posts, we were able to quickly identify and squish that bug. Not all bugs are created equal, though, and some take more time to resolve. Here's another example (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?146180-Sheilds-glitching-on-warmasters&p=1446902&viewfull=1#post1446902) of players being awesome and informative. I'm not saying you have to be one of the people who helps out, but if you're not going to help, then don't turn an otherwise informative thread into a sharknado.

We want the game fixed. Don't ask specifics.

First of all, no. I'm going to ask for specifics because I need that information and that's part of my job. If you don't want to provide, that's cool, and you don't have to.

You have a tough job and I feel for Ya Kiwibird.

http://i.imgur.com/DINtM0X.gif
I think fist bumps are cooler, so we can roll with those.

El Horse
04-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I may be alone in feeling this, but I can't really think of another game where so many bugs have waited, and continued to wait, so long for a fix. It seems to be an ever increasing excuse that things are not getting fixed as there is trouble reproducing the problem, or we, as a community are not doing enough to report everything. The majority of us will not be game developers or QA testers so will not really know what you want us to report. Besides we're playing trying to have fun and probably not paying enough attention to every detail to troubleshoot the game.

I will readily admit that the communication has improved greatly since the new faces have arrived, and think they are doing a great job (in fact the best it has been since launch). I just wish that the same improvements could start to be seen across the game also.

Holy Bahamut3
04-05-2014, 12:58 PM
I to be helpful, but it seems that my posts either aren't helpful or ignored. So, do you have a set of guidelines or suggestions, or do we need to know programming 101 to be able to be helpful?

Mess7739
04-05-2014, 01:14 PM

Thank you for the compliment and advice but I don't need to be specific about what issues need fixing in this case since there is a forum labeled 'Bug Reports and Issues' that players have posted and are continuing to post on.

I was trying to save some time and being very broad about the subject, :), but 'Here's an idea'.... I for one wouldn't mind if the servers were down for lets say an entire day or two to fix the disconnects, especially if it was done properly with the players given notice a few weeks in advance.

I'm a patient player, who can tolerate a lot of BS and I have enjoyed playing this game since launch, and I feel players like myself can be more supportive if we see actual progress i.e. a posted list of problems the game is having and a visual crossing off of the list along with the problem actually being fixed.

If your coders feel that they need to shut the thing down for a solid few and, again, you've given the community a set date with enough notice, I feel that a majority of the players will be more tolerable. I must be very clear that this is my own personal opinion and that with a temporary shut down it must yield results, even if its small ones, results are the key. :)

Baby steps in the right direction, that's fine, but continuing to talk in circles and providing empty reassurances really pisses me off. :mad:

CM Kiwibird
04-05-2014, 01:58 PM
So, do you have a set of guidelines or suggestions

When I need some super specific information, I'll post things like this. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?146180-Sheilds-glitching-on-warmasters&p=1445815&viewfull=1#post1445815) Otherwise, I'm just going to be lurking and trying to gather information that way. PMs, as you've been doing, are helpful.

Example: Enter player 1!

"When I do x, z occurs."

Time for some expansion. Cue appropriate sound effects.

"When I do x while in area y, z occurs. I have attached my character information to this post." If applicable, add screenshots or maybe a video if you're feeling extra awesome.

Enter player 2.

"When I also do x while in area y, z occurs. However, my character information differs because <insert differences here.>" Add screenshots if you're feeling like a boss.

Player 3 has joined the thread.

"This is the same for me. Please help, this is terrible and I'm very upset."

Kiwibird has joined the thread.

"Y'all rock, we've gathered enough information that we can get a good handle on this bug. We will begin work on wrangling said bug. Thanks for being awesome."

That's an example for a bug. For feedback, if you need a format just go with "Because of x, I feel y, and I'd rather have z." Hope that helps.

rebtattoo
04-05-2014, 02:23 PM
First of all, no. I'm going to ask for specifics because I need that information and that's part of my job. If you don't want to provide, that's cool, and you don't have to.You know well enough that I will go out of my way to help, when I can. A couple of the other devs know this too.

But, when some of the issues have been occuring since launch, oodles of info has already been provided, and The Company decides that it isn't as important as introducing more broken stuff or stuff that isn't wanted or needed....It makes one wonder about the whether The Company believes they are making something for a consumer base or if they're making whatever the **** they want to and the consumer base be damned. It would seem like the latter.

Tallon
04-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Honestly, I would be embarrassed to work for a company that sells a product with this many bugs, server stability issues, etc... But I can also see it from the production standpoint. ie - Why spend time and money hiring more techs to fix old problems when money is still flowing in from dlc and store sales? And why spend said time and money when the game is tied to a t.v. show which has a shelf life? This tends to lean everything towards, "grab all the $$ you can while you can".
All I can say is I'm glad I chose not to get gunslinger, Or the season pass, and probably won't bother with the next dlc if it is going to follow the same pattern. People want new content, and new weapons, and more map space... not the same 'ol stuff repeated and/or re-skinned.
Just my opinion.

Bonehead
04-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Honestly, I would be embarrassed to work for a company that sells a product with this many bugs, server stability issues, etc... But I can also see it from the production standpoint. ie - Why spend time and money hiring more techs to fix old problems when money is still flowing in from dlc and store sales? And why spend said time and money when the game is tied to a t.v. show which has a shelf life? This tends to lean everything towards, "grab all the $$ you can while you can".
All I can say is I'm glad I chose not to get gunslinger, Or the season pass, and probably won't bother with the next dlc if it is going to follow the same pattern. People want new content, and new weapons, and more map space... not the same 'ol stuff repeated and/or re-skinned.
Just my opinion.

You don't get much of a choice on the next DLC.
It's a game changer and you're stuck with it.

Holy Bahamut3
04-05-2014, 06:10 PM
You don't get much of a choice on the next DLC.
It's a game changer and you're stuck with it.

Yep. As it always has been, So shall it ever be...

abdul612
04-06-2014, 12:22 AM
Legendary mods? Does that mean people can finally get that OJ Surge Bolter with 4x crit for PVP?

Atticus Batman
04-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Legendary mods? Does that mean people can finally get that OJ Surge Bolter with 4x crit for PVP?

Possibly but it sounds like the Legendary mods will only be sold in the Chimera vendor, so non-dlc players will have to buy them from Sellers for HIGH prices. Good luck with that. Glad I have the dlc, if that is true.

Bonehead
04-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Possibly but it sounds like the Legendary mods will only be sold in the Chimera vendor, so non-dlc players will have to buy them from Sellers for HIGH prices. Good luck with that. Glad I have the dlc, if that is true.

Prolly be content locked for DLC owners only too.

Atticus Batman
04-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Prolly be content locked for DLC owners only too.

All other vendor boxes have been made so their content can be traded, so it is possible the legendary mod box would too, unless they add the mods to the vendor individually and do not add a legendary mod box.

Bonehead
04-07-2014, 12:36 AM
All other vendor boxes have been made so their content can be traded, so it is possible the legendary mod box would too, unless they add the mods to the vendor individually and do not add a legendary mod box.

Yep I get it now . It might work at that until they think we like it that way.

Teddymouse
04-07-2014, 02:37 AM
How about you pass this on to the developers...Leave out the Threat and mob scaling from DLC 5 and in its place fix the other issues that have plagued the game. Ive sent numerous bug reports, tickets, and feedback but it feels as though Trion does not really care what the player thinks or feels. Yes this DLC is a step in the right direction...but they are biting off more then they can chew. If they continue with the Threat and mob scaling I would be willing to bet you a month from now I can come back and say I told you so cause it does not work properly just like the past DLC stuff.