PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.500 Element Damages

ElectricJake
04-04-2014, 06:42 PM
Note: I'm new to the forums and didn't find anything talking about this (sorry if it's a repeat topic)

Access to 15 new perks for ark hunters who choose to join Chimera in the Arktech Revolution:

Conflagration: Increases damage to health from your incendiary attacks.
Flash Point: Increases damage to shields from your incendiary attacks.
Heat Shield: Reduces incoming damage from incendiary attacks.
Corrosion: Increases damage to armor from your bio attacks.
Virulent: Increases armor penetration from your bio attacks.
Immunized: Reduces incoming damage from bio attacks.
Bloodsucker: Increases health and shield damage stolen from your syphon attacks.
Deadly Apparition: Increases damage from your syphon attacks.
Strong Soul: Reduces incoming damage from syphon attacks.
Live Wire: Increases damage to shields from your electric attacks.
Electrical Fire: Increases damage to health from your electric attacks.
Grounded: Reduces incoming damage from electric attacks.
Gamma Rays: Increases armor penetration from your radiation attacks.
Radiation Burns: Increases damage from your radiation attacks.
Lead Lined: Reduces incoming damage from radiation attacks.

Although these are a part of the paid DLC, will the owners of these shiny new perks be able to play with them in PvP against the unwashed few who do not own the DLC? It seems these should be part of the free DLC.

i.e. Could I come face to face with enhanced elemental damage and extra elemental damage resistance?

ConcreteSnake
04-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Note: I'm new to the forums and didn't find anything talking about this (sorry if it's a repeat topic)

Although these are a part of the paid DLC, will the owners of these shiny new perks be able to play with them in PvP against the unwashed few who do not own the DLC? It seems these should be part of the free DLC.

i.e. Could I come face to face with enhanced elemental damage and extra elemental damage resistance?

perks are for the dlc owners only, can't confirm if they are allowed in pvp but id imagine they're allowed

Atticus Batman
04-04-2014, 07:39 PM

Most likely they can use them anywhere. and NO it should NOT be FREE! All the good stuff in all the ither Dlcs are free! We do deserve to have something unique for buying the paid Dlc!

Dlc 1:
The Raptor does not count because it can be bought in the Defiance store.
The chargeblade doesn't count becuase it can be found in lockboxes.
The arenas can't completely count because non-dlcers can join them.

Dlc2 :
The Arkbreaks (warmaster) doesn't count because non-dlcers can do those.
Non-Dlcers also get stims and spikes, so what is unique to Dlc 2? Weapons we can only get by doing the Arkbreaks if we are lucky enough to get a reward, but most often they bug and don't give you any weapon.

Dlc 3:
Incursions that are an open-world event for EVERYONE.
Sure it adds a 7th legion vendor, but that is the only way to get our weapons nad it take a week to get 100 rep wich barely buys a random weapon box.
Dlc 4:
Oh look! More arenas that can't completely count because non-dlcers can join them.
Sure it adds a Gunslingerbox but it is added to the Vbi vendor and we get no rep from the arenas, so it take a week to get 100 rep wich barely buys a random weapon box, and since it is at the Vbi vendor we have to decide if that 100 a week is for a vbi weapon box, a vbi mod box, an epic mod hoard, or a Gunslinger box.

I am actually ok with arenas allowing me to bring in non-dlc friends and Warmaster allowing non-dlcers, but there is absolutely NO REASON TO BUY THESE DLCS EVER!

Atleast Dlc 5 will give us exclusive perks. BUt guess what, they aren't anything special. Yes they lower damage from certain nanos but I already have shields that do that. By the way a non-nano weapon will not be affected by their nano protection, it will always do middleline damage and not have a weakness, like nanos do. So use a non-nano gun, an infector, a bmg, a detonator, or a Rocket Launcher and their nano protection doesn't stand a chance!

ElectricJake
04-04-2014, 07:52 PM
I agree with you, the DLCs have been light on meaningful content. I don't own any of them and I don't feel like I'm missing a whole lot - maybe that's why I'd like these perks for free. :) I was just curious if they'd be allowed in PvP - where DLC and non-DLC owners are mingling competitively.

Edit: *I hadn't thought of a non-nano weapon, I just enjoy using fire!

Littleweasel
04-05-2014, 05:46 AM
i find it funny how people are too cheap to buy the actual dlc but they still want everything from them?
i personally think nothing from the dlc's should have been usable or doable by people that do not buy them.
they should get what they pay for and if they don't pay for them get nothing.

ElectricJake
04-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Thanks for your replies! :)