PDA

View Full Version : How do I score decent on big huge incursions?

Slivovidze
04-05-2014, 01:08 PM
My usual incursion is when the final siege gets to like wave 15-ish, I run with my favourite build with a pulser and an autopistol, have some fun, score 60k-ish, am first in ratings, get some purples.

But sometimes there is huge amount of players, each wave lasts 10 seconds tops and I just can't score enough to unstick from the bottom of scoreboard. I figured that people just camp at the spawn areas and unload when mobs spawn, but even doing that, I still score my 60k-ish while other guys go 200+k. Not to mention that it is way less fun than the 'usual' case.
What's the trick here? Infector spam? Or the healing? Or detonators?

spddy
04-05-2014, 01:13 PM
use a vot blaster and pulser. Do the ken farm incursion and use the vot blaster on the hulker and watch your score go way up

Slivovidze
04-05-2014, 01:26 PM
And are these 'mass' incursions the usual? I mean, I came back to game a couple days ago, and most what I had were the fun 'small' ones. I'm kinda hoping that these incursions with huge attendance only happen, like, during weekends? Or something?

Sonic7870
04-06-2014, 08:46 AM
It depends on the time really, you usually see more players during the weekend/school holidays at incursions while not many doing all the emergencies the number does go up the closer to the siege.

YahootsMagoondi
04-06-2014, 11:08 AM
tbh, as long as you hit the max tier level, who cares what you score? i like to play and have fun, try out different weapons and tactics, and just pray the server doesn't crap out after i've invested the time in an event. i guess if you want to go really high and get a bunch of keys, i can understand...sorta. personally, i'm so tired of earning keys and opening boxes just to be disappointed that i really don't care. i play for the fun and the chance to hang out with some fun people. it is especially frustrating when you lap the field and still get crap. unless rewards become somehow tied to finish in an event, then i choose to ignore the results as long as i'm hitting the score required to get my best, albeit still crappy, chance at a legendary, most likely still crappy, weapon.

sorry for the cynical nature of my response...i only spent 6 hours last night to get silver in three races, two hotshots, and a rampage...because i bought an mmo shooter to be required to complete stupid challenges on my own to level up. and to think, i bought an xbox just to play this game...sigh...

Atticus Batman
04-06-2014, 02:58 PM
tbh, as long as you hit the max tier level, who cares what you score? i like to play and have fun, try out different weapons and tactics, and just pray the server doesn't crap out after i've invested the time in an event. i guess if you want to go really high and get a bunch of keys, i can understand...sorta. personally, i'm so tired of earning keys and opening boxes just to be disappointed that i really don't care. i play for the fun and the chance to hang out with some fun people. it is especially frustrating when you lap the field and still get crap. unless rewards become somehow tied to finish in an event, then i choose to ignore the results as long as i'm hitting the score required to get my best, albeit still crappy, chance at a legendary, most likely still crappy, weapon.

sorry for the cynical nature of my response...i only spent 6 hours last night to get silver in three races, two hotshots, and a rampage...because i bought an mmo shooter to be required to complete stupid challenges on my own to level up. and to think, i bought an xbox just to play this game...sigh...

I agre with just getting the required score for the highest tier box. As for the leveling, you can do that without doing many pursuits. You only need to do most of them, if you want to be ego 5000, but therre has never been a good rewason to ego cap in this game. You get to ego 2800 just from experiance, then it caps. Drive all the vehicle types (excluding Cerberus) until they max, do the episodic pursuits, and level your 2 or 3 favorite weapon types and you should be in the mid 3000 range which has always beeen a decent spot to be, other than the fact that once you get to ego 3400 you start getting mostly no-nano weapons and weapons with most mod slots locked again until you get to around 4200-4400.

N3gativeCr33p
04-06-2014, 03:43 PM
tbh, as long as you hit the max tier level, who cares what you score? i like to play and have fun, try out different weapons and tactics, and just pray the server doesn't crap out after i've invested the time in an event. i guess if you want to go really high and get a bunch of keys, i can understand...sorta. personally, i'm so tired of earning keys and opening boxes just to be disappointed that i really don't care. i play for the fun and the chance to hang out with some fun people.

Couldn't have said it much better myself!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/ILikeThat_zps807ea1a3.gif

Seizan
04-06-2014, 03:56 PM
If your goal is to score high and get as many keycodes as possible then...

Use any High Rate of Fire weapon (Castithan Springers are my favorite) or full auto weapon with high magazine capacity (Thunder, SAW, VBI with mag rolls). Use Over Charge as your EGO ability.

You can do without the little enemies that spawn each round. Just focus on the infected Hulkers once they appear. Wait til the Hulker's health go down to about half then unload your clip on it (use Over Charge near the end so that there's a good chance you'll get a Power Kill bonus). Also, try to use weapons with Nano effects so that you may get Nano-effect kill bonus.

Combo Breaker
04-07-2014, 03:28 AM
If your goal is to score high and get as many keycodes as possible then...

Use any High Rate of Fire weapon (Castithan Springers are my favorite) or full auto weapon with high magazine capacity (Thunder, SAW, VBI with mag rolls). Use Over Charge as your EGO ability.

You can do without the little enemies that spawn each round. Just focus on the infected Hulkers once they appear. Wait til the Hulker's health go down to about half then unload your clip on it (use Over Charge near the end so that there's a good chance you'll get a Power Kill bonus). Also, try to use weapons with Nano effects so that you may get Nano-effect kill bonus.

What he said is perfect. I do go after the little guys though. It's as much about the key codes as the chance for a legendary drop.

wartitan
04-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I used bio grenades constantly to build up assist points in between the hulkers. Then unload on the hulkers with my nasty bio pulser and get at the very least 10k in assist points, sometimes 20k on the power kill. You need to kill the mobs as fast as possible so you spawn as many hulkers as you can, that's where the points are...

BIEBERyoloSWAG
04-07-2014, 10:25 AM
if you want points you need a high rate of fire not a high damage per second gun. You get more points by doing the teamwork stuff. I recomend something with a lasting nano also like elctric or fire. I use a syphon blast rifle and a syphon mazu and do work. I score in the 200k's if i get there on round 1.

Using just an AR or carbine/saw ill get like 100k minimum but not too much higher

Deunan
04-07-2014, 10:56 AM
You can either run and gun or camp spawning points as your initial strategy.

There are spawning points where the Afflicted spawn close together making them ideal for camping with a detonator that has remote detonation or a bio grenade (or a sludge RL once the new update comes). If you're using bio you are trying to get multiple nano kill scores for when the Afflicted spawn so you want to lay down the sludge field a little before you anticipate them spawning and then when the detonator campers kill them you get your nano kill score.

There are also spawning points where they spawn loosely enough that those that camp spawning points don't bother with them leaving them free for the run and gunners. You can also use a BMG with high links to max team score points.

The key part of your strategy however should be determining which Hulker is consistently going down when the Hulkers spawn. The new scoring system grants kill bonus points to multiple players for each type of kill bonus (nano kill, power kill, critical kill etc.) that can be close to or over 10,000 points. The Hulker that goes down tends to be consistent once all cap points are active but even if it's not the Hulkers are also just plain good scoring targets because they are massive bullet sponges.

If the changes we've been seeing on the Test Server remain then the Hulkers will remain even after one is killed and they will be even more massive bullet sponges and twice as many of them (2 per cap point) yielding even more points. That being said, the key code rewards for Sieges also appears to have changed on the test server. We haven't figured it out yet but it is no longer 1 key code for every 5,000 points and appears to be less.