PDA

View Full Version : MAF Warmaster the only strat that works

Phantom Raven
04-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Well I've seen a lot of dumb people playing these no offense I normally just do a full clan run of these to guarantee a clear so here's some info for those of you that are struggling to clear the Warmaster 1 (EVERYONE) must focus fire his right arm the entire fight, 2 Do not use a BMG or Infector during the Fight as it is a Base Highest damage as possible (NON CRIT) to break his armor race after his right arm armor breaks just continue to blast away with your highest damage gun and congrats you won

Deunan
04-05-2014, 06:41 PM
You must be new. We've been killing him for months now and you don't need to target the right arm. The only thing the group needs to do is target the same piece of armor. It can be the right arm, the back, or even the left arm, but if the group splits damage between targets that's a recipe for failure. He's been killed consistently on PC NA targeting the right arm or the back. Each has its pros and its cons but both work as long as enough of the players know how to optimize their loadout for high normal DPS to break the armor and high critical DPS for after the armor breaks. Basically you're a day late and a dollar short. >^^<

B_Draco
04-05-2014, 08:41 PM
You must be new. We've been killing him for months now and you don't need to target the right arm. The only thing the group needs to do is target the same piece of armor. It can be the right arm, the back, or even the left arm, but if the group splits damage between targets that's a recipe for failure. He's been killed consistently on PC NA targeting the right arm or the back. Each has its pros and its cons but both work as long as enough of the players know how to optimize their loadout for high normal DPS to break the armor and high critical DPS for after the armor breaks. Basically you're a day late and a dollar short. >^^<

We could use a few PC/NA players on PS3... Most WMs I get into the people destroy the arm in no time, but then switch to nano SMGs or ARs for high point count, but barely get him below half health before he goes *POOF*... 1/5 WMs get killed, otherwise just farmed for keys, which I kinda like that, but I'd actually like to see the big bullymong get killed rather than get away with a bruise on his arm...

OttawaREDBLACKS
04-05-2014, 08:50 PM
If I am not using my low ego character or crashing, I typically score within the top 5. I use a Heavy AR for the ground and wolfhound for the broken arm when hanging. I played a couple WM's on the PC and its all having the same strategy. Pretty sure xbox 360 eu sometimes gets the back but to ensure that you usually bio nade or glitch it so that the back is in the wall. Problem is that when there are low egos or people that don't understand proper strategies.

mr8liner
04-05-2014, 09:37 PM
We could use a few PC/NA players on PS3... Most WMs I get into the people destroy the arm in no time, but then switch to nano SMGs or ARs for high point count, but barely get him below half health before he goes *POOF*... 1/5 WMs get killed, otherwise just farmed for keys, which I kinda like that, but I'd actually like to see the big bullymong get killed rather than get away with a bruise on his arm...

I have to say that you are just going in there with the wrong people. When I go in there and nobody breaks the locks before there are 24 people, we beat him everytime.

If you want send me a friend request and when I;m in the Wm I'll send you a group invite. Just ask for the same thing in return.....mr8liner, BannaPeelMan and Phat Basturd are my guys

Phantom Raven
04-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Nope I'm not new in fact I'm one of the original players of this game lol been here since beta I just don't use the forums to often is all as there's really not much of a point other then to check the dev posts

Chump Norris
04-05-2014, 10:03 PM
You assume the people fighting with you care about killing him? I have someone in my clan who used canker for most of the fight and he would end up #1 or #2 and get his keys and buy a lockbox. If they hadnt trashed the drop rate people would care more but WM became a fight for keys not oranges imo.

Phantom Raven
04-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Really? That's strange I quite literally and this is no exaggeration always have walked away with atleast 1 orange weapon every time we have cleared the WM granted most of these times have been the room being all clan members but even still also not sure if it makes a difference that I'm on the ps3 it shouldn't tho but if it does or not idk

Bonehead
04-05-2014, 10:53 PM
I have to say that you are just going in there with the wrong people. When I go in there and nobody breaks the locks before there are 24 people, we beat him everytime.

If you want send me a friend request and when I;m in the Wm I'll send you a group invite. Just ask for the same thing in return.....mr8liner, BannaPeelMan and Phat Basturd are my guys

Definitely my experience on PC/NA.

abdul612
04-06-2014, 12:08 AM
The first WM I did, I remember like it was yesterday. I was wondering why everyone was just standing around when the damsel in distress was trapped in that containment field, waiting for us dashing ark hunters to save her. Then I popped the locks, wondering why 20 people were focusing fire on ME, (had my controller on vibrate and it sounded like the hammers of hell) not the crystal. So I pop the last lock with a charged sniper shot and out pops some 20 foot tall alien silverback gorilla with diamond armor, coincidentally standing on me, when my self-revive was depleted.I learned not to pop locks after that first WM....

Tekrunner
04-06-2014, 03:01 AM

DLC 5 may change that. On alpha there is a cap on Teamwork and Opportunist points, as well as a large kill bonus for the WM. So the best way to maximize points is to actually kill it.

Atticus Batman
04-06-2014, 03:09 PM
DLC 5 may change that. On alpha there is a cap on Teamwork and Opportunist points, as well as a large kill bonus for the WM. So the best way to maximize points is to actually kill it.

About time. Hopefully that means people will also learn to put away those dumb, bmgs/infectors/detonators/Rls/coldfire guns.

mr8liner
04-06-2014, 03:24 PM
About time. Hopefully that means people will also learn to put away those dumb, bmgs/infectors/detonators/Rls/coldfire guns.

One can only wish. That would be a very nice thing to happen. I hate when people use the det. it's so hard to see the WM, those cold fire suck as well.

I wisdh there was a way to turn off other people special effects in this game. those things give me headaches

Atticus Batman
04-06-2014, 03:27 PM
One can only wish. That would be a very nice thing to happen. I hate when people use the det. it's so hard to see the WM, those cold fire suck as well.

I wisdh there was a way to turn off other people special effects in this game. those things give me headaches

Same here. Plenty of us have photosensitivity issues and have requested the special effects of the bmgs/dets/coldfires be turned down but were told, "That is not a priority for us to even think about anytime soon."

TremerChrist
04-06-2014, 04:25 PM
It seems the people that use cold fire weapons when the WM is hanging score really high. I use my VBI or Saw and focus only on the armour until it breaks. I'm never at the top of the leaderboards, usually scoring between 600k and 1mil before downdate. Haven't done any Arkbreaker events since DLC3 was released.

Bonehead
04-06-2014, 07:13 PM
It seems the people that use cold fire weapons when the WM is hanging score really high. I use my VBI or Saw and focus only on the armour until it breaks. I'm never at the top of the leaderboards, usually scoring between 600k and 1mil before downdate. Haven't done any Arkbreaker events since DLC3 was released.

That has always struck me as poor game mechanics that reward players with a high score for engaging in activity that hinders the goal of the warmaster being defeated.

The most successful WM wins I have been a part of have been when the fewest players use cold fire weapons, infectors, or BMGs.

Market
04-06-2014, 07:53 PM
The most successful WM wins I have been a part of have been when the fewest players use cold fire weapons, infectors, or BMGs.

Agreed, but don't forget the caterpillars! lol Too many people crawling around for a revive is a dead ringer for failure.

Deunan
04-06-2014, 08:18 PM
About time. Hopefully that means people will also learn to put away those dumb, bmgs/infectors/detonators/Rls/coldfire guns.Unfortunately there's no cure for stupidity. The Warmaster already has a kill bonus on the live servers similar to the Major Arkfall Mob death bonus. If players did what they should be doing they would still be getting more keys than they're getting now. I'm generally always in the top 10 no matter how my performance is in terms of damage and I'm often in the top 5. I generally don't see any of those players scoring higher than me and I'm not a good shooter. If I can do it they should be able to as well instead of being the leeching deadweight that they currently are at Major Arkbreaks.

Deunan
04-06-2014, 08:22 PM
That has always struck me as poor game mechanics that reward players with a high score for engaging in activity that hinders the goal of the warmaster being defeated.There was no high score before the current system. You didn't get any better rewards if you did more damage. The scoring system is inappropriate for the Warmaster which is why they should just remove it and simply make the only rewards the loot drops. That way only the players serious about getting a chance at Legendary Arkbreaker weapons will show up. The key whor*s will have to go elsewhere to leech their keys.

CRIXDA
04-06-2014, 09:03 PM
The very best and workable strategy is to take the moronic people out and throttle the pathetic life out of them.
Even when You tell them in the chat window to stop shooting the locks, they continue firing away.
I want to blow a gasket.
I go to the XBOX menu and go to game chat and start telling them to stop and It is like noone even cares, or listens.
These idiots are firing away at the Warmaster's face, healing people and running around like motard mongoloids and It hurts my heart that they are using up our air.
I come back into the XBOX party, pissed off after wasting 7 minutes of my life that I am not getting back because of those @$$-clowns and their tomfoolery and everyone knows that I have been in a Warmaster fight with a bunch of randoms.
The Human DNA Gene-Pool is getting more and more shallow and these people are proving it every time I enter a major Ark Break.

Wow.
Sorry about the rant.
Uh....No, no.
Everything's fine here....nothing to see.
These aren't the droids that You're looking for.

Atticus Batman
04-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Agreed, but don't forget the caterpillars! lol Too many people crawling around for a revive is a dead ringer for failure.

Didn't you get the memo? That is the second dance option.....The WORM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u01REwpdJ7Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7vkKi6Obk

Atticus Batman
04-06-2014, 09:06 PM
The very best and workable strategy is to take the moronic people out and throttle the pathetic life out of them.
Even when You tell them in the chat window to stop shooting the locks, they continue firing away.
I want to blow a gasket.
I go to the XBOX menu and go to game chat and start telling them to stop and It is like noone even cares, or listens.
These idiots are firing away at the Warmaster's face, healing people and running around like motard mongoloids and It hurts my heart that they are using up our air.
I come back into the XBOX party, pissed off after wasting 7 minutes of my life that I am not getting back because of those @$$-clowns and their tomfoolery and everyone knows that I have been in a Warmaster fight with a bunch of randoms.
The Human DNA Gene-Pool is getting more and more shallow and these people are proving it every time I enter a major Ark Break.

Wow.
Sorry about the rant.
Uh....No, no.
Everything's fine here....nothing to see.
These aren't the droids that You're looking for.

Here ya go Crix! :p:p:p

http://www.memegene.net/media/created/s8jekg.jpg

Market
04-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Didn't you get the memo? That is the second dance option.....The WORM!

Excellent! Please excuse me a moment while I squeegee my monitor... ;)

Atticus Batman
04-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Excellent! Please excuse me a moment while I squeegee my monitor... ;)

Glad I could be of service.

Btw Kiwibird, if you are lurking in here, here's a couple videos for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzAuDFJVTt4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bt9xBuGWgw

Clarity Page
04-07-2014, 07:41 AM
The first WM I did, I remember like it was yesterday. I was wondering why everyone was just standing around when the damsel in distress was trapped in that containment field, waiting for us dashing ark hunters to save her. Then I popped the locks, wondering why 20 people were focusing fire on ME, (had my controller on vibrate and it sounded like the hammers of hell) not the crystal. So I pop the last lock with a charged sniper shot and out pops some 20 foot tall alien silverback gorilla with diamond armor, coincidentally standing on me, when my self-revive was depleted.I learned not to pop locks after that first WM....

I think most of us have done it once or at least attempted before wondering why everyone was melleeing them,
but it seems there or people that or either Trolls or Noobs that ignore the chat feed that let him out early on a regular basis.

I've stopped doing warmaster now because of people using the wrong weapons/tactics and/or letting him out early, it was fun whilst he dropped oranges every 3 or 4 defeats but now it seems a waste of time, might do some with the clan though.

TremerChrist
04-07-2014, 11:22 AM
No ones to blame for this but Trinot. If it takes a large group of coordinated players to defeat the WM then there should be a way to group more than four people. And everyone in the group should get placed in them same phase. Not speared out across different WMs. I've joined with a group and got put in a phase with less than a minute to go, without any of my group. And this is after spending 3 spikes to call down the ark.

Deunan
04-07-2014, 11:46 AM
No ones to blame for this but Trinot. If it takes a large group of coordinated players to defeat the WM then there should be a way to group more than four people. And everyone in the group should get placed in them same phase. Not speared out across different WMs. I've joined with a group and got put in a phase with less than a minute to go, without any of my group. And this is after spending 3 spikes to call down the ark.Stop making sense. That's not allowed when talking about game design and content implementation in Defiance.

Bonehead
04-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Stop making sense. That's not allowed when talking about game design and content implementation in Defiance.

QFT......so sad.