PDA

View Full Version : Arkfall leaderboard questions...possible slight rant ;)

YahootsMagoondi
04-05-2014, 07:15 PM
I apologize if this has been explained elsewhere or flogged like the proverbial dead horse in the time I was gone between DLC2 and DLC4, but can someone explain the Arkfall leaderboard as it relates to total players actually participating in the event? I assume it has something to do with server phase and such, but I don't know that for sure. I know there are more than 21 dots on my mini map at most majors, but at the end my leaderboard shows 21 spots. I also know I have looked for scores of friends and clanmates that I know were at the same event, but didn't see them.

Also, I know we love to know the score in a game, but since rewards are not tied to the place you're in at the end of an event, is there really any reason for them anyway? Except of course to frustrate the hell out of people! I know the last 3 DM Arkfalls I've done I have been in 1st place, one of them I almost doubled the 2nd place score, and received salvage rewards. Nothing like seeing all the OJs people are getting in Zone Chat while you watch your three craptastic blue guns roll across the screen. Full disclosure: the first OJ I got from a DM Arkfall, I drove to check it out because I though it was new content due to the title. But when I got there and saw it was Monolith, I jumped out of my car and fast travelled away...5 minutes later the leaderboard popped and I got an OJ with a zero score...

That is definitely what I call a satisfying and more fulfilling chase!

TremerChrist
04-06-2014, 04:00 PM
It shows the top 20, if you are not in the top 20, you will show as 21st no matter what spot you finish in. As far as rewards go, I have never gotten an oj when finishing top 5. Best to finish 15th to 8th place to get to get better loot. I also got my 1st oj from Dark Fall by just driving through:cool:

Deunan
04-06-2014, 04:53 PM
It shows the top 20, if you are not in the top 20, you will show as 21st no matter what spot you finish in. As far as rewards go, I have never gotten an oj when finishing top 5. Best to finish 15th to 8th place to get to get better loot. I also got my 1st oj from Dark Fall by just driving through:cool:The roll with legendary items in the loot table is the same whether you come in 1st place 10th place or 100th place. He or she is better off scoring as high as possible for more key codes (and xp if not capped out).

TremerChrist
04-06-2014, 07:10 PM
The roll with legendary items in the loot table is the same whether you come in 1st place 10th place or 100th place. He or she is better off scoring as high as possible for more key codes (and xp if not capped out).

Only basing it on my own experience. Been playing everyday since the beta, and with dark falls, sieges and incursions, I get better loot finishing outside of the top 10. Which at most events its a matter of only a few keys for me. But with RNG, it could be different for other people.

drackiller
04-07-2014, 12:41 AM
I cannot complain, i`ve been receiving my share of OJs. I don`t get 1 for each box or every time i go to an major event like some people like to brag.
But i do get my occasional OJ.
I know that it must be just a coincidence and also bad luck , and by bad luck i say this in relative terms, because with my main char i never got an OJ shield and after more than 20 lockboxes at the 7th Legion vendor i`m still yet to receive any kind of OJ item. This last weekend i played more with a low level char and i got my first OJ shield from a lockbox (T3) and my first OJ weapon from the 7th Legion vendor.

The bad part is that when i go to the vendors i always go with all my slots full so if in case i get any OJ it will go for the claim section...i forgot and the shield went into my inventory :( i really needed that shield for my main char.

It`s what ever you may call it, good or bad luck, but i think that it is just it.