PDA

View Full Version : im new to the game

captgine
04-06-2014, 05:26 PM
after noon people im new to defiance started a few days ago and had a few questions regarding the free trial like. How much of the map are you limited to and are there ways to unlock parts of the map without paying real money for them?

jschmuck33
04-06-2014, 06:36 PM
In answer to the first part of your question. I believe you are limited to about 2/5 of the total map (assuming that each area is the same size, which they aren't). If memory serves, in beta you could only get through to Medra before you were stopped and I believe someone has said that the trial version has the same restrictions.

In regards to your second question. There isn't really any way to unlock parts of the map without paying for the game, however at only $9.99 (on steam) it's really not that expensive. With purchase of the game you can go to any part of the map that you want without any restrictions (now that the bridge monolith is apparently gone) and as I already mentioned it's pretty cheap. In all reality it's well worth the ten dollars in my opinion for a game that is really quite fun, if a little buggy yet (I use little very loosely).

Sliverbaer
04-06-2014, 06:40 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/search.php?searchid=2899211

Bonehead
04-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Don't get too used to things as they are now. DLC 5 drops soon and it changes things up quite a bit as far as weapons, scoring, difficulty, currency, economy, game mechanics and pretty much everything.