PDA

View Full Version : CRIXDA's challenge to The Arkhunters

CRIXDA
04-06-2014, 08:45 PM
So here is My Challenge to all of My Fellow Arkhunters.
It may cause You some pain,
It may cause You some discomfort.
It may be off-putting,
It may be inconvenient.
$h!t. It may or probably IS all of the above.
The Challenge is this:

Go to Gamestop, but 2 (two) used copies of Defiance.
If You don't have Gamestop in Your area, go to whatever comparable store that is around You.
Defiance is $7.99 per copy around here, and that is before my little ProRewards 10% off of the used stuff discount.

Have someone on Your Xbox 360 / PS 3 / PC Friends List that You wish that had Defiance?
Just ask for His/Her mailing address and send it to them.

Go ahead.
You Love Defiance, right?
I am sending out my third copy tomorrow.
Am I stupid?
Nah. I just Love Defiance and I want friends to play this game with me.
See, they don't need the DLCs to play and they pretty much get everything anyway.
Let's just see what happens.
Take my challenge, Arkhunters.
Don't come on the forums and whine and gripe and profess Your infinite love for Defiance without "putting up or shutting up".
Come on, Arkhunters.
Take the challenge.
$7.99 X 2, make 2 friends happy and let's get more Arkhunters out here.
TAKE MY CHALLENGE.

Deirachel
04-06-2014, 10:20 PM
I took the challenge before you wrote it Crix. I've given three copies out myself to people I know.

Ironhide
04-06-2014, 11:34 PM
So here is My Challenge to all of My Fellow Arkhunters.
It may cause You some pain,
It may cause You some discomfort.
It may be off-putting,
It may be inconvenient.
$h!t. It may or probably IS all of the above.
The Challenge is this:

If You don't have Gamestop in Your area, go to whatever comparable store that is around You.
Defiance is $7.99 per copy around here, and that is before my little ProRewards 10% off of the used stuff discount.

Have someone on Your Xbox 360 / PS 3 / PC Friends List that You wish that had Defiance?
Just ask for His/Her mailing address and send it to them.

Go ahead.
You Love Defiance, right?
I am sending out my third copy tomorrow.
Am I stupid?
Nah. I just Love Defiance and I want friends to play this game with me.
See, they don't need the DLCs to play and they pretty much get everything anyway.
Let's just see what happens.
Take my challenge, Arkhunters.
Don't come on the forums and whine and gripe and profess Your infinite love for Defiance without "putting up or shutting up".
Come on, Arkhunters.
Take the challenge.
$7.99 X 2, make 2 friends happy and let's get more Arkhunters out here.
TAKE MY CHALLENGE.
Um no, I like my friends too much to send them a copy of this game. While it is fun now to a certain extent, I would much rather send a disease ridden hooker to them.:p

*and before any mod gets their knickers in a twist this post is ment in jest.

drackiller
04-07-2014, 12:11 AM
While it is fun now to a certain extent, I would much rather send a disease ridden hooker to them.:p

.Please, be my friend ;)

Overwatch
04-07-2014, 05:35 AM
I would not recommend this game to any of my friends. I would spend 100 $ for a year of premium time in World of Warplanes and World of Tanks but I wont spent 10 $ for them on this game.
No offense to any one that likes this game and yes it maybe somewhat fun but lacks in the reward system and seems to be more of a farming game with little return on time.

N3gativeCr33p
04-07-2014, 06:03 AM

I'm out on this contest... just let my Lamestop "pro rewards" card expire at the beginning of April. Bummer!

http://lornasvoice.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/kramer_is_out_gif.gif

Knightmage
04-07-2014, 06:08 AM
LOL, already did the challenge and brought a couple of friends in on my dime. One still plays actively, and the other is buried in thier first year of College so only is on occasionally. My father-in-law is my next victim to corrupt.

jschmuck33
04-07-2014, 06:42 AM
I've tried to get my brother and brother-in-law to play, they both really like the game. I gave my brother my old PC when I got a new one unfortunately Defiance doesn't run too great on it, I can't imagine what it would be like with the lag I've been seeing lately. And my brother-in-law only has a mac, so if they put it out for mac I could possibly play with him; unless they decided to put macs on their own server too. :p

sly wolf
04-07-2014, 08:28 AM
I'd rather send my friends a can of paint they will have much more fun watching it dry

AnGeL
04-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Sorry Crix, 9/10 of people on my friends list I suggested this to stopped playing within a month and hated on me for it....

Also, Trion has gotten WAYYYY more of my money than it should have.

CantstopthesignalMal
04-07-2014, 08:37 AM
I'd like to do this, but my current friends have already rejected the game at this point. :(

Hmm, maybe I'll try another round of recruitment? That should trim my friends list a bit :P

CRIXDA
04-07-2014, 10:56 AM
I understand all of the snarky and snide comments, believe me - I do.
I am not going to blame anyone for having issue with "The Company" or their business practices.
I think the DLC scam (yup, IT IS a scam, my Season's Pass money was SCAMMED from me for what I consider a sad and inferior value) has soured all of Us on just about everything but Defiance is still a great game and It is easier than ever for a noob to jump right in and play.

Hookers and Paint? Seriously?
If You feel as though You wouldn't recommend Defiance to Your friends, then why do You waste time around this site complaining about everything that is wrong with Defiance when You can go to Dupont.com and look at their new polymers or go to ashleymadison.com and find that prosti that You want?
Three Cheers for @n@l glaucoma! Yay, Yay, Yay! You can't see because You have Your head up Your @$$! @n@l Glaucoma! Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy!

Put up or shut up.
My thanks and admiration for/to those who try/take My Challenge.

Holy Bahamut3
04-07-2014, 11:18 AM
I understand all of the snarky and snide comments, believe me - I do.
I am not going to blame anyone for having issue with "The Company" or their business practices.
I think the DLC scam (yup, IT IS a scam, my Season's Pass money was SCAMMED from me for what I consider a sad and inferior value) has soured all of Us on just about everything but Defiance is still a great game and It is easier than ever for a noob to jump right in and play.

Hookers and Paint? Seriously?
If You feel as though You wouldn't recommend Defiance to Your friends, then why do You waste time around this site complaining about everything that is wrong with Defiance when You can go to Dupont.com and look at their new polymers or go to ashleymadison.com and find that prosti that You want?
Three Cheers for @n@l glaucoma! Yay, Yay, Yay! You can't see because You have Your head up Your @$$! @n@l Glaucoma! Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy!

Put up or shut up.
My thanks and admiration for/to those who try/take My Challenge.
Sorry man, but most of my friends left in the first month, the last of which turned his in January after being inactive for months (this is after I offered him my live stream 7th legion DLC code). If I were to do what you said they would undoubtedly trade them in.

Blondin
04-07-2014, 12:50 PM
Is this your last hope to save the game ?

Rokea
04-07-2014, 03:52 PM
WAIT is that a Casti Prosti?! If so can I be your friend?

Bonehead
04-07-2014, 03:55 PM
I'm gonna wait to see how the new bullet sponge patch turns out.
If anybodys playing after that I might get a steam four pack and give them away.
Definitely admire the way you keep the faith Crix.
Definitely.

rebtattoo
04-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Sorry Crix. Can't do it. Unlike you, I have lost faith in The Company and its illustrious Creative Lead, Mr ***** *******. Both are shysters that refuse to take accountability for releasing and maintaining a broken game.

Mr. ******* has not proved that he could "develop" himself out of a wet paper bag, and would rather release recycled, rehashed sh!t. The Company will not hold him responsible, so **** it.

A year of broken promises and holding our breaths, assuring ourselves that the next DLC will be epic since this current one is so ****in' lame. A year of being told that "it's being worked on/looked at" and "soon", has jaded me too much to recommend this game in its current state. And the next DLP, Arktech Devolution; The Gamebreaker DLP hasn't even dropped yet!

I tried to help. I tried to keep faith. I'm tired of being sh!t on by The Company and Mr. ******* thinking that they are above reproach.

Im Lost
04-07-2014, 04:42 PM
All of my friends have played Defi and only one of them still plays. Even if I had any friends that haven't played Defi I wouldn't be able to bring myself to buy them a copy. Honestly the only way Trion is ever going to get another penny out of me would be for them to port the PC version over to PS4.

Even then the price would have to be the same as whats currently available. As well as offering an ultimate edition for the same price with everything that currently available ultimate editions have including season passes for both season one and two. Beyond that Trion gets no more money out of me due to grossly mismanaging Defi in pretty much every way possible.

Bentu
04-08-2014, 12:41 AM
I bought it for my sons brand new, does that count?

Ejamon
04-08-2014, 01:33 AM
I did the same back in August of 2013. Game was selling on Trion site for $7.99 back then lol. I got my boyfriend, and little brother to play. They both play far more than I do now, but I told them both NOT to grab the DLC. The normal game gets you 98% of the DLC junk anyways. Only thing you miss is an outfit or two, and re-skinned weapons. BF didn't listen and bought 3 of them anyways, he complained constantly after each one. You think people would learn after the 1st one. Ah, only took him the 3rd DLC to finally learn he was paying for different colored gear. Lol. As for Season Pass people, you have my sympathy.

Amun Ra
04-08-2014, 03:52 AM
WAIT is that a Casti Prosti?!If they are like Stahma... hmmmmmno thanx.
Such woman kill ye. XD

Hell, look where Datak ended up!

N3gativeCr33p
04-08-2014, 05:42 AM
Hell, look where Datak ended up!

In prison with the soap on a rope?

Battle5Star
04-08-2014, 05:55 AM
Around 30-40 friends on my friends list are still playing Defiance. :o
I left only for a months last year playing AC4, but 2 guys I have been playing together already bought Defiance, so I'm working on it Crix...:)
I won't buy XB1 this year, so I'm planning to play Defiance for a long time :o + duction promised me he will stay in Defiance even if my friends will move to Elder Scrolls, so at least 1 friend will be with me on EU server ;)
I still have faith. :o

CRIXDA
04-08-2014, 05:55 AM
CR33P3R,
Datak Tarr sent me a photo of his Soap on a Rope to pass on to You:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=74047108

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to reply to the thread.
I understand the angst, I follow the ill-will.
At the core of all of this stuff is a kick-*** game : Defiance.

As pissed as I get with the DLCs and all of that crap, I still want the game to survive.

Rumeyes
04-08-2014, 06:31 AM

I left Defiance after the first DLC wasn't to my liking and up untill now I still didn't see a reason to restart playing, since the seasonpass content released has been disappointing. People on forum always whine and gripe, but in this case people have reason to and you being a white knight does not give you the right to say to people S.T.F.U.

This game had promise, it didn't deliver, players left and it's in decline. People will pay that $7.99 themselves if it is a good game and it usually sells itself. Hell, people even would pay $100,- for it. However, this game let the community down. The way Trion does business SHOULD NOT be supported. I hoped for 4 DLC's now. I gave up.

This is how people see Defiance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZz_KKGpgfk

CHALLENGE DECLINED.

You can't see because You have Your head up Your @$$! @n@l Glaucoma! Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy! Put up or shut up.

You know what, when season pass II will release, you should bend over a little deeper. Looks like you are one of those knights that actually enjoys it. You wont see me buying ANY products for Defiance. It's probably also the reason you challenge people to buy copies for friends instead of vouching for the game so they buy it themselves.

Defiance is getting what's coming to it. How much I would like to say otherwise.

drackiller
04-08-2014, 06:38 AM
Sorry Crix. Can't do it. Unlike you, I have lost faith in The Company and its illustrious Creative Lead, Mr ***** *******. Both are shysters that refuse to take accountability for releasing and maintaining a broken game.

Mr. ******* has not proved that he could "develop" himself out of a wet paper bag, and would rather release recycled, rehashed sh!t. The Company will not hold him responsible, so **** it.

A year of broken promises and holding our breaths, assuring ourselves that the next DLC will be epic since this current one is so ****in' lame. A year of being told that "it's being worked on/looked at" and "soon", has jaded me too much to recommend this game in its current state. And the next DLP, Arktech Devolution; The Gamebreaker DLP hasn't even dropped yet!

I tried to help. I tried to keep faith. I'm tired of being sh!t on by The Company and Mr. ******* thinking that they are above reproach.
I always try to abstain my self to comment both on positive or negative threads and i always go for my own gut feelings about anything, but in this one i`m like Reb and i have to agree with him.

CRIXDA
04-08-2014, 07:08 AM
Two little things, Rumeyes:

It was a cute and shiny bait, swimming across my field of vision. I am not biting.
I am no "White Knight", Homie. Check the facts and "research your research".
Don't try to troll me.

Also, if You don't accept...great. don't accept. Go back to sleep.

Rumeyes
04-08-2014, 07:20 AM
I am no "White Knight", Homie. Check the facts and "research your research". Don't try to troll me. Also, if You don't accept...great. don't accept. Go back to sleep.

It wasn't a troll remark, I came back to see whats the current status with Defiance and saw you posting again and just had to reply when I saw your S.T.F.U. BS. You can't reply because you know i'm right.

Bentu
04-08-2014, 07:23 AM
Go back to sleep.

Good advice from the chain saw king :)

CRIXDA
04-08-2014, 07:45 AM
Oh stop it Bentu!
Just because I subject You to my snoring over the mic.
And it is more like a jet engine with a bad bearing than a chainsaw.

Battlestar, I appreciate You very much - and Dawn Patrol is still waiting for You to come over to the NA server to hang out with us some time!

sly wolf
04-08-2014, 10:30 AM
@crixda: do trion kick you a few bucks every couple of months? I've never seen 1 person flog a dead horse as much as you but each to their own, To answer your jab at me earlier i once defended defiance i even made a post defending it but the games broke BUT i still play for 5mins here and there if i need to waste time before friends come online and we go off and play a proper game so i have every right to come on the forums and voice my points just like you have the right to

CRIXDA
04-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Sly Wolf,
If I have insulted or slighted You in some way - I apologise completely. I get overzealous sometimes on the forums and my furvor gets the better of me. I hope that You will accept my apology, please think better of me.
I do get carried away and in some cases that is a good thing but in many others, It is not.
I beg Your pardon.

To address Your question, "does 'The Company' kick me a few bucks every month?"
Quite honestly, No.
"The Company" KICKS ME IN THE B@LL$ every other month when I get a "DLC" that is meant to fulfill the terms and conditions of the "Season's Farce". I hope that answers the questions, Sly Wolf. No - I am no "White Knight" for "The Company" at all. I believe that the dude with the green ball with arms and legs has that title, perhaps. I want value for my money and I am PISSED OFF.
BUT!!!..... I also love this game called Defiance and I don't want it to die.

bigguy
04-08-2014, 11:10 AM
If the dlc does not break the game and thats a BIG IF and i can still stomach what i will have to go through to adjust to the changes that are coming and they give us enough ways to earn enough arkforge to do what i have to do to have fun , i will take your challenge. As of now there is no way i will do this today and have them hate me if this all goes south very soon.

Copperpot
04-08-2014, 11:15 AM
I suggested this game to my nephew. I don't think he's played it much, if at all. But, I feel kind of guilty and might give him $10 next time I see him. Sidenote - we are PS3 users so the dc's, timeouts, and hard freezes are what I would feel most guilty about after suggesting this game.

sly wolf
04-08-2014, 12:21 PM
@crixda: no need for an apology dude it was uncool of me to make the paint joke on your post and you was defending your post. I honestly respect you for standing by this game so much and your not the only one who does it although the list is getting smaller. But that is really my biggest problem with this game trion do not desirve the loyalty you and a fews other show them and if it was not for guys like you this game would of died months back

CRIXDA
04-08-2014, 12:40 PM
If I didn't feel as though You were right though, I probably wouldn't have been so sincere in apologising, Sly Wolf.
I do appreciate Your kind words.
Everyone DOES have a right to an opinion and the right to voice (post) it here.
I am hoping (or have been/was) that Defiance would or could have been something that lasts.
Take a look, there are tons of posts - killer ideas that would really help Defiance skyrocket and be an Awesome game.
Noone asked for anything outlandish: no spaceships or laser-shooting guitars, no "Batarangs" or shark repellant.
Razor Rain, a Dirtbike and some cool clothes and more map area. Some more story and more bad guys.

Look at what we got in the past year, okay?
Versus what we asked for?

All I would like to see is more people playing the game, Old vets coming back, new shooters coming in.
We'll deal with the DLC and all of that in other threads.

Kasscade
04-08-2014, 02:23 PM
I have given out 2 copies since I've started playing. My original copy once I got the ultimate edition & another that someone gave me because they hated the game. The first player still plays & is a member of my clan, the other player hated t so much they don't even talk to me anymore. Guess it has its good & bad points.

Bonehead
04-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Okay everyone now.
One and a two...
Kumbayaaa my lord...
Kumbayaaaaaaaa...

Ironhide
04-08-2014, 11:47 PM
I'd still rather give my friends Crixda's Mot...er.... a diseased prostitute than this game..... :p

Jk Crix.

Atticus Batman
04-08-2014, 11:50 PM
Take a look, there are tons of posts - killer ideas that would really help Defiance skyrocket and be an Awesome game.
Noone asked for anything outlandish: no spaceships or laser-shooting guitars, no "Batarangs" or shark repellant.
Razor Rain, a Dirtbike and some cool clothes and more map area. Some more story and more bad guys.

Really? I thought I did put those on the google list, along with my knife and bow ideas! Of course that is because, I figured if nobody was voting for my real weapon ideas, Why not ask for batarangs?!

CRIXDA
04-09-2014, 04:36 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh! Dirty!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-fdH1tCQLYln680MkF9_LC9G7qXwQN5U9gBo9kZpMKS7MYb7SbE uFlSrd

Get You some of that, Ironhide!
And I hope that You rust, too!
Mmooo Hooo HOOO HHAAAA HAAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

And I'm sorry Batman.
I forgot that You wanted the Batarangs.
My fault, brother.

Whatever happened to that kid from the middle east who used to post here that asked for the "Mobile Scud Launcher"?