PDA

View Full Version : One Year on the New Frontier

Scapes
04-07-2014, 11:52 AM
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Anniversary_blog_560x350.jpg (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/04/07/one-year-new-frontier/)

Greetings, ark hunters!

It has been an exciting year for Defiance. We've launched the first massive co-op shooter. We've launched a television series. We've provided more updates than you can shake a stick at. (Likely the incorporeal nature of updates greatly hampers your ability to shake a stick at them. Just sayin'.)

We're wrapping up our fifth DLC, Arktech Revolution, and it transforms the face of the game. We're adding fifteen perks, raising the EGO cap, adding new pursuits and gear. It has been a titanic undertaking that has altered the way every single fight in the game plays out.

Read the full article on the website. (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/04/07/one-year-new-frontier/)

CRIXDA
04-07-2014, 12:38 PM
I swear that I can go "point-counterpoint" with this State of The Game Address but I will not.
What started as a fun process of discovery and making friends has turned into frustration with the handling on Defiance on the part of "The Company" as far as DLC goes. Defiance never met It's potential in the Season 1 DLC, It didn't even stretch out for it or come close remotely.
The Game has brought me good friends and the social aspect of It is great. I always have a good time because of The People that I am with and We always find things to do. Some of the DLC was passable and added to the game of Defiance but to paiknt all of It is such a grand color and light is tremendously misleading in my opinion.
I will withhold my opinion and judgement on "the March of Progress" because I haven't played it yet, but 50% of the previously released DLC is woefully inadequate.
I LOVE Defiance and It has taken a lot of abuse to get me this upset and jaded at "The Company" and all of the associated material and practices.
I have been called "Trion's #1 Fan", a "Trion White Knight", a "Trion Fan-Boy", "Kool-Aid Drinker" and a "Trionista" (my favorite).
Sad to say, I am not any of those. I believe in the Game "Defiance" but I am trying to hold "The Company" to a higher standard as a consumer of DLC product that I purchased and THAT is what has me so upset.
Overall, I am happy with the growth of the Game.
I don't appreciate the handling or implementation.
Perhaps the next season will be better.

wartitan
04-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Finally, confirmation of land expansion....that's got to mean new content right? Or are they just going to add new land, put all the old crap in that area, rename it, maybe reskin it, and call it "new"?

Please, dear Lord...say it ain't so.

Nefarious
04-07-2014, 01:01 PM
'inevitable land expansion'

Anyone have any ideas? San Diego could be a place of interest since its know that another Terra Spire landed there. Los Angeles will be part of season 2 of the show..maybe we will to? Vegas Prison has been mentioned on multiple occasions, can anyone say Defiance New Vegas?

It would be cool to get something big at some point and time but that blocked off northern section of San Fran where the Terra Spire blew up has been waiting to be explored since forever. And its about time we finally found out what really went down during the Battle of Defiance.

Holy Bahamut3
04-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Murder town USA is an apt description. Those poor low egos...

InfamousBrad
04-07-2014, 01:08 PM
.... As the show took off, viewers and players were drawn in by the story of the post-Arkfall world. Players wanted to experience more of this for themselves, and they tore through our story content like bookworms with the munchies. ...

... Players worked with and against characters which crossed over between show and game: Nolan, Irisa, Rynn, and Doc Yewll. ...

... the Thorn Liro bared its fangs in Paradise. ...

... 7th Legion brought new outfits, new synergies, and new challenges. ...

And in each case, the characters disappeared from the story without a trace, never to be seen again. I was absolutely fascinated by Noah Grant, Cass Ducar, Jon Cooper, Varus Soleptor, Eren Nidell, and (off camera) Cofer Grey, but especially by Rosa Rodriguez, Ara Shondu, and above all Torc Mok. Every single one of them has fascinating stories that need to be continued. Except for one throw-away reference to Eren, none of them has appeared in any content in the last 12 months. The one character we get back is someone who is inexplicably still alive a year after we killed him, Dy'Dekuso.

Except for the one passing reference to Meh Yewll, none of the characters from the show have appeared, even as throw-away references from other characters, since last June.

Ferik appeared in DLC1, gave a half a dozen inspiring speeches about an upcoming revolution against the shanjifyo, and then disappeared from the storyline entirely.

Do I need to go on? No, they do. Stop dangling new plot threads and actually do something with the existing ones. Any of them. Please.

Quebra Regra
04-07-2014, 01:15 PM
I asked for a current road map/mission statement for the game, so I guess that was an answer.

Of course, not everything is good news. BTW, I was here since the Beta, and you got some revisionist history in that write up.

Thanks for the update Scapes.

N3gativeCr33p
04-07-2014, 01:17 PM
7th Legion brought new outfits

I knew it all along! The 7th Legion is the future Earth's version of Old Navy... or the Gap... take your pick.

What a fricken joke! :rolleyes:

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Im on the other side of the fence after coming back to this game after a 3 month break. All 5 of these so called dlcs put together had only enough actual "new" content to be considered 1 great dlc for any other game out there. Not to mention that there was literally NOTHING exclusive to season pass owners short of reskins and a few weapons. Even the outfits were supposed to get arent given but out of lockboxes that take hours on end to grind for with no garauntee well EVER recieve them. 5 stripped down dlcs done wrong does not equal 5 dlcs............ trions releasing updates as dlcs method has risen to the top of the compost heap and smells far too awful to ignore anymore. Well see if this one is worth the money spent on the season pass, because so far weve been jipped.as a pass owner ive only gotten mayb 10$ worth of "exclusive pass owner" content so far and plenty of reskins and re used content that i could shake 5 sticks at if i had enough arms. On a lighter note i still enjoy the game for what it is quite alot. Just urked on2 this whole S.P. debacle.

i too have been a strong supporter of this game and played in beta and pre ordered my giant collectors edition for 150$ then bought bits to show support at 50 bucks a pop numerous times. But with every dlc release seeing paid vs free and the sickly thin amount we get for our money i lose a little bit of my trion worlds light inside..... sort of like i used to have the bat signal and now it just shines a picture of a tomagotchii poop. Maybe trion will listen to the ppl who are throwing them their revenue[season pass holders,dlc buyers,bits purchasers] and next season give us what we want,deserve, and dare i say owed?imo for this whole misleading cheap trick. Im pretty sure the fact that the dlcs suffered and were cheaply thrown out here so quickly after castithan had ALOT to do with the major updates breaking the game after release. If they didnt have to take months and months to constantly take 1 step forward and 2 steps back to fix a game that was in developement for 5 years and had plenty of alpha and beta testing they could have spent more time working on content for dlcs instead of trying to rush all 5 out by thier promised deadline.

heres to season 2 not following suit

R69L
04-07-2014, 01:32 PM

Anyone have any ideas? San Diego could be a place of interest since its know that another Terra Spire landed there. Los Angeles will be part of season 2 of the show..maybe we will to? Vegas Prison has been mentioned on multiple occasions, can anyone say Defiance New Vegas?

It would be cool to get something big at some point and time but that blocked off northern section of San Fran where the Terra Spire blew up has been waiting to be explored since forever. And its about time we finally found out what really went down during the Battle of Defiance.

Id say New York but I don't know considering it possibly a place in the TV show and I know they don't want to have the game in the sam eplaces as the show.

skepticck
04-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Greetings, ark hunters!
Read the full article on the website. (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/04/07/one-year-new-frontier/)

wow nice work of fiction there, while i was reading (and shaking my head in disbelief every few sentences) i kept thinking that what you were describing was indeed a quite cool game, it's just not Defiance, not the Defiance i experienced anyway.

Irondiesel58
04-07-2014, 02:19 PM
100 % correct. Also their one DLC short of the contact entered in to the season pass holders. There is a class action suite starting up because of the garbage put out as DLC content and the fact that they missed the 5 DLC We paid for. Signing up and getting more info is on a face book page.

CRIXDA
04-07-2014, 02:43 PM
I am not interested in a "class-action suit" against anyone over the DLC.
"The March of Progress" will fulfill the obligation of 5 DLCs and It will be out this month, ssshesh - It is on the ATS right now and has been demo'ed already.
I wish You luck, but from a Legal stand-point, 5 DLCs were promised and 5 shall be delivered when "Arktech Revolution" drops.

Dar Katan
04-07-2014, 02:58 PM
It has been a titanic undertaking...

This was a poor choice of wording..

rebtattoo
04-07-2014, 03:26 PM
What a complete crock of sh!t!!!

Mr. *******, you sir, have outdone yourself on the yarn you can spin! I'm not going to point out all the lies and horsesh!t you tried feeding there. Those of us that play know the truth!

Excuse me while I go wash the bad taste of your article out of my mouth!

Rokea
04-07-2014, 03:40 PM
I think its ******** what passed as dlc, and the fact that the only time T.V. characters showed up was during the active season of the show. You would've thought hey we can now do more with the characters being as the shows off season but like someone else said they were no where to be seen. Last Time I checked Yewll was only mentioned briefly and never "Showed" up in game. I at least figured after the events of defiance we would see Rynn return with Sukar in tow.

N3gativeCr33p
04-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Incursions began cropping up in every region, and even Mt. Tam, our beginning region, fell under attack.

... only to never be seen again once the Gunslinger/post-Gunslinger DLP landed.

Oh, and look in that Defiance off-topic section... Rift's CM is giving away items for a community ran event. And we get a rather... interesting... community blog write-up from the resident Defiance CM.

Scandalous... simply scandalous. :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syOatIDhAHY

Lenny732
04-07-2014, 04:55 PM
You get shenanigans, you get shenanigans, everybody gets shenanigans! That's what i read.

Yrkul
04-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Well, that was a bit of an embellishment, to put it lightly.

Like Crixda, my first impulse was to dissect the article and point out fallacy upon fallacy. However, I don't care enough anymore.

It's obvious, that the game setting is moving further and further away from that of the series. We're seeing more and more weapons, armour and extreme high tech, as well as silly items, that clashes with what we see in the series. The Defiance setting is compelling, because it integrates the alien element into a recognizable and relatable environment. However, introducing samurai and cheesy cowboy references into the mix undermines this. How many times have we asked for weapons and garments shown in the series? A lot! And we get... volge helmets (weee)!

I am worried, because the creative lead thinks that...

,,, nothing borrows with the Western genre as much as the Samurai genre.
Because...

The biggest example of that were the Seven Samurai and Magnificent Seven films.
The movies shared the same plot! Nothing else! Talk about ramming a square peg into a round hole.

The game starts to look like a dumping ground for bad ideas, and depending on the state of DLC5 I might take another hiatus, despite just coming back from a 2 DLC break. 2047 might not be a cakewalk, but perhaps I and a lot of other players might just choose to walk away from this mess.

Market
04-07-2014, 05:31 PM
This was a poor choice of wording..

Okay... I wasn't going to get involved in all this...

but that... that is hilarious right there...

Overwatch
04-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Class action lawsuit.....roflmao.....on what grounds ? You would be better off filing a lawsuit against the judge that will laugh you right out of the court room. After reading the article " One Year on the New Frontier " I can see now that as an average game player I will no longer be able to play the game, leaving more room on the servers for others. Trion only wants hardcore expert gamers on there servers as well as those willing to spend money. Weeding out the weak links and chasing them out of the game. It is after all less taxing on the servers. Yes, servers do not suffer lag and disconnect's when there are smaller amounts of people playing.

Bonehead
04-07-2014, 05:59 PM
From the article;
"There’s more than just story coming ahead."

In the strange dialect of pseudo English that the creative lead speaks that I have begun to be able to interpret, this translate to;
"Don't get your hopes up for much story coming ahead."

Lillith Valerian
04-07-2014, 06:09 PM
From the article;
"There’s more than just story coming ahead."

In the strange dialect of pseudo English that the creative lead speaks that I have begun to be able to interpret, this translate to;
"Don't get your hopes up for much story coming ahead."

Yeah...I hate to say this, because believe it or not, I only voice what I believe to be legitimate criticisms. But I thought the exact same thing as well when I read that.

As far as others go, I can't roll my eyes hard enough over babbling about lawsuits against Trion.

skepticck
04-07-2014, 08:34 PM

Mr. *******, you sir, have outdone yourself on the yarn you can spin! I'm not going to point out all the lies and horsesh!t you tried feeding there. Those of us that play know the truth!

Well he is the Creative Lead and this certainly qualifies as a very "creative" piece of PR BS, so if he ever looses his job there is bright future for him in the PR department, just wish that he was half as good in his "creative lead" job as he seems to be as a fiction writer.

Bonehead
04-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Well he is the Creative Lead and this certainly qualifies as a very "creative" piece of PR BS, so if he ever looses his job there is bright future for him in the PR department, just wish that he was half as good in his "creative lead" job as he seems to be as a fiction writer.
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/borat-thumbs-up_zps7c26088c.jpg

Raico Sansin
04-07-2014, 08:50 PM
I can't wait to laugh my *** off when somebody actually PAYS a lawyer to sue Trion. On another note if you think the DLC is going to get any better for this game you're nuts. You'd have a better chance of suing than waiting for good content on this game lmao.

Atticus Batman
04-07-2014, 11:00 PM

Most likely it will be some part of Fort Defiance, or Canada.

Holy Bahamut3
04-07-2014, 11:20 PM
Yeah...I hate to say this, because believe it or not, I only voice what I believe to be legitimate criticisms. But I thought the exact same thing as well when I read that.

As far as others go, I can't roll my eyes hard enough over babbling about lawsuits against Trion.

The only thing funnier than threats of lawsuits is cries of outrage over censorship. LOL

drackiller
04-08-2014, 12:10 AM
Because i don`t like to be disrespectful i just like to say that the post is pure demagogy writen by a true demagogue.
I rest my case.

Councilworker
04-08-2014, 01:24 AM
Wow such a spin-doctor! Or are you playing a diferent game than the rest of us?

Land Expansion!, bit too late for that.

Yrkul
04-08-2014, 02:08 AM
Most likely it will be some part of Fort Defiance, or Canada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_CNfe0VUsA

duction
04-08-2014, 02:36 AM
This 5th DLC will turn the game into what it should of been at the start, Trick has turned the game around and made it worth playing with regards rerolling guns masterys, mods in vendors and the grind to get them. Turned up the difficulty and made the game focus on team work, after all... the social aspect is what has led players to stick around and play. Our clan has had this discussion over and over and all agree it's the player base communication and voice chat which makes up an important part of the game.

Keep up the good work guys.

MstrJedi_Kyle
04-08-2014, 03:29 AM
"Each week brought more stability"

Uhh.......

Overtkill21
04-08-2014, 04:39 AM
This 5th DLC will turn the game into what it should of been at the start, Trick has turned the game around and made it worth playing with regards rerolling guns masterys, mods in vendors and the grind to get them. Turned up the difficulty and made the game focus on team work, after all... the social aspect is what has led players to stick around and play. Our clan has had this discussion over and over and all agree it's the player base communication and voice chat which makes up an important part of the game.

LOL

No way you believe half of what you wrote. Why? Because it just isn't true.

Good job making me laugh.

duction
04-08-2014, 04:47 AM
I'm not the kind of guy to log into a Internet forum and make up lies just to make people laugh, it's my opinion which I'm entitled too?

Overtkill21
04-08-2014, 05:12 AM
I'm not the kind of guy to log into a Internet forum and make up lies just to make people laugh...

Well good job anyways - because that bit about turning the game into what it should have been and making it worth playing is comedy gold.

You're an internet comedian and you didn't even try - way to go!

N3gativeCr33p
04-08-2014, 05:26 AM

He's a poet and he didn't know it. :)

Yrkul
04-08-2014, 05:37 AM
Well good job anyways - because that bit about turning the game into what it should have been and making it worth playing is comedy gold.

If you check his other posts, you'll notice a pattern.

rydda
04-08-2014, 06:07 AM
All I got to say is bring it trion. 1 year down more to go, open that map bigger I mean BIGGER give us the biggest map that will make history for all mmo's.

AnGeL
04-08-2014, 06:37 AM

Just...wow...

He has almost completly destroyed the game we all love, you sitting here thanking him?

Shame on you friend....shame on you.

That article is such BS, I aint even going to talk about it...that guy smokes crack I swear.

If you check his other posts, you'll notice a pattern.

A case of severe fanboyism? We need doctor stat!

duction
04-08-2014, 06:39 AM
I have been wanting these changes along with the people I play with, hardcore mode and a challenge.

Ironhide
04-08-2014, 06:56 AM

...AGREED.....

*(Goes Grabs a bottle of Scope and begins swishing vigorously)

xXDigitalXx
04-08-2014, 07:05 AM
'New AI code' how about new AI code that utilizes the massive database that google provides for speech to text and vice m versa for text... to replace some of the kids in the different phases. WTT ai's that learn. Gotta keep my aliase up 2 date since a game faded away, but I can make a million, 'u ain't famous unless ur sleeping with the models..' ya u got a android iphone.. thanks for donating ur voice n patterns or a changer(slight modifications to voice so its not obvious) have millions of different ac3 /mp3 files compression of data streaming is the problem to eliminate that use AIs since half america is on copper lines still ... lazy americans utilize speech 2 text.. ever read the small print. How u think they improve it... same thing on consoles... collect voices create a pattern store em in database then recreate them.. y reinvent the wheel its actually the next gen.

Then ppl think there playing online but really are playing with AIs n with google engine n all the consoles there should be enough responses to make ppl think there are talking to another player.. toss in a few real ppl here n there grp chat.

Tsort
04-08-2014, 07:39 AM
I have been wanting these changes along with the people I play with, hardcore mode and a challenge.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, wait! I wanted hardcore "mode" too! This isn't a mode. They changed the whole game.

About that blog. All I can say is I'm disappointed to say the least. It provides very little info and fails to address most issues raised by the forumers. I was hoping Trick would show a little bit of transparency. This is just an uninteresting publicity stunt.

Happy new year Defiance, have a week-end boost...

Raico Sansin
04-08-2014, 08:08 AM
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, wait! I wanted hardcore "mode" too! This isn't a mode. They changed the whole game.

About that blog. All I can say is I'm disappointed to say the least. It provides very little info and fails to address most issues raised by the forumers. I was hoping Trick would show a little bit of transparency. This is just an uninteresting publicity stunt.
In my experience Trick or Treat, Dumbass dog picture, and Cat on the back are NOT TO BE TRUSTED EVER!!!!

Tsort
04-08-2014, 08:37 AM
In my experience Trick or Treat, Dumbass dog picture, and Cat on the back are NOT TO BE TRUSTED EVER!!!!
The dog you mentioned is officially gone, replaced by a bird. No idea who that cat is/was.

Arsenic_Touch
04-08-2014, 09:00 AM
We’ve provided more updates than you can shake a stick at.

Haha.....

Each week we gave more story and more content.

My sides are starting to buckle...

Each week brought more stability, more updates, and more content. And it was all free with the price of admission.

Oh dear....

the inevitable land expansion. The location has already been telegraphed to those who have been paying careful attention, but I won’t spoil that for you here.

Yeah..... how many times have we heard this one?

While some people don't want to dissect what was said, I'm not that kind of person and I have to point this out. This is just hilarious though. Like it was said earlier, this doesn't match up with the game we played.

edn
04-08-2014, 09:14 AM
After reading the article I have to wonder what game this guy has been playing or better yet what king of drugs has he been taking. He sure hasn't been playing the same game I've been playing.

Quebra Regra
04-08-2014, 09:43 AM

I don't agree with much of what Duction said, but he/she/it is right that the community requested that the game be made harder/more challenging. Be careful what you wish for, as Djinn have been known to twist wishes.

garyfrclev
04-08-2014, 09:57 AM
I wish we could get some gear armor with stats on it I love this game we just need more

Holy Bahamut3
04-08-2014, 10:52 AM
*SNIP*.

There seems to be a colossal detachment here. "Each week brought more stability"?! This statement may have been semi true pre patch #1, but every "DLC" has brought more instability than the last. I guess when you have to do a job like his, you have to make it seem like progress has been made. Whether or not it actually has.

Quebra Regra
04-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Not to kick dirt, but I don't think the author was on board from BEFORE day 1 to have an actual recollection of how things really went. Feel free to correct my ignorance if I am in error and I will humbly beg apology.

Rose coloured glasses, or Maoist propaganda? You decide.

On a more productive note, perhaps this map suggests the upcoming land expansion:
http://www.defiance.com/en/series/world-of-2046/2046-map

N3gativeCr33p
04-08-2014, 12:34 PM
On a more productive note, perhaps this map suggests the upcoming land expansion:
http://www.defiance.com/en/series/world-of-2046/2046-map

New Chicago appears to be missing from that map, and I heard it referenced in one of those 5 "bridge" videos released a week or two ago... I call shenanigans! ;)

AnGeL
04-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Haha.....

My sides are starting to buckle...

Oh dear....

Yeah..... how many times have we heard this one?

While some people don't want to dissect what was said, I'm not that kind of person and I have to point this out. This is just hilarious though. Like it was said earlier, this doesn't match up with the game we played.

Damn man missed you around here...went looking for your Alpha posts and didnt see any :(

I was hoping you would see that post..I know you would comment :)

Overtkill21
04-08-2014, 01:41 PM
It has been an exciting year for Defiance. (Exciting is certainly NOT the adjective I would have chosen here, though I suppose for those that work at Trion it may be exciting to not know if you’ll be employed tomorrow.)

We’ve provided more updates than you can shake a stick at. (The number of updates can surely be counted as high – as for the quality of those updates?)

It has been a titanic undertaking... (Titanic undertaking…good word use, very apt describing Defiance in its current state.)

Now ark hunters must balance damage types with armor with spikes, stims, and grenades. (Ouch, you had to use the word “balance” – clearly those of you at Trion haven’t the foggiest what balance is – this is a disingenuous statement.)

Top-tier enemies require teamwork to take down… (Ahhh, teamwork, should I team up with the noobs? The ones who drive me crazy with their incessant what’s the difference between Outlaw and Assassin queries – I think most other companies would bother explaining their game mechanics – y’know maybe in a manual or some such thing, but I digress. Teamwork requires communication which is spotty at best on Defiance. It also requires a team – and Trion has made dang sure my team left long ago.)

Defiance has a lot of expectations to live up to. (It’s amazing that you can write this – as Trion fired the guy who set the expectations and now is free to play fast and loose with any “promises” he made or “expectations” he set.)

Much like the apocalypse that destroyed future Earth, thousands of players from diverse platforms and countries descended upon our little world like a horde of ravenous hellbugs. (You leave out the thousands that also left the game due to poor game management both Creative and Technical. Hmmm, thousands in, thousands out - hey, wait-a-minute 1st grade math kicking in...)

...Each day, new issues were fixed and new ones rose. As the game stabilized, we had even more promises to keep… (AS THE GAME DID WHAT?!?!????)

As the show took off, viewers and players were drawn in by the story of the post-Arkfall world. (The show did NOT take off – in fact I doubt it would have a second season but SyFy isn’t likely willing to write off this big of an investment after just a year – but if Season 2 flops – they will be much more willing.)

Each week we gave more story and more content. (Blatant Lie is blatant.)

Each week brought more stability, more updates, and more content. And it was all free with the price of admission. (No matter how many times you say it – still just a blatant lie.)

…nothing borrows with the Western genre as much as the Samurai genre. The biggest example of that were the Seven Samurai and Magnificent Seven films. We wanted to capture that spirit in a DLC, and thus the 7th Legion was born… (The 7th Legion is one of the dumbest things ever added to this game – so dumb in fact Trion couldn’t even write more than a paragraph to explain it; a single paragraph – on the community blog – that couldn’t be discussed. LOL)

...Rewards were not just limited to the players who had the highest DPS or kill rate, but healers and support players could prosper as well. (“Yes, but you solo players can bite our shiny metal keesters…” Want to play Defiance your way? Tough. Trion says you have to play it theirs.)

We’ve added the ability to purchase legendary weapons in game, advanced and expert instances, and we’ve nearly drastically increased the number of enemies throughout the game... On top of that, Arktech Revolution layers much more value onto damage types and a new mechanic called “Ablative Armor.” With these two mechanics combined, players can finally make real and significant tactical decisions with their gear and loadout customizations.(These mechanics will be FREE to all players of Defiance and you call this a DLC. I am still appalled at how Trion enjoys fleecing the average gamer.)

There’s more than just story coming ahead. (At this point “more story” would be welcome since it has been all patches for DLC.)

2046 was a hard year for Earth, and 2047 is going to make it look like a cakewalk. (I’d imagine if 2013 was hard for Trion, 2014 will see it close its doors.)

N3gativeCr33p
04-08-2014, 02:10 PM
2046 was a hard year for Earth, and 2047 is going to make it look like a cakewalk. (I’d imagine if 2013 was hard for Trion, 2014 will see it close its doors.)

Glad I always have this gif at the ready... :)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/SuluLaugh_zpsfae37f7f.gif

Overtkill21
04-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Glad I always have this gif at the ready... :)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/SuluLaugh_zpsfae37f7f.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHJpq5B8z3M

Atticus Batman
04-08-2014, 02:56 PM
The dog you mentioned is officially gone, replaced by a bird. No idea who that cat is/was.

That would be Scapes.

duction
04-08-2014, 02:58 PM
think the new toxicity rules need to flex their muscles, out with the old in with the new springs to mind.

Overtkill21
04-08-2014, 04:26 PM
think the new toxicity rules need to flex their muscles, out with the old in with the new springs to mind.

Found a T-Shirt for ya'

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2sMbxQ6orUGWboeXxvhN0gQRHIISZb 2fDPzBXDPIgkJJxv83R7Q

duction
04-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Loverly :)

Still unsure what you are trying to achieve though.

Ironhide
04-08-2014, 10:53 PM
There seems to be a colossal detachment here. "Each week brought more stability"?! This statement may have been semi true pre patch #1, but every "DLC" has brought more instability than the last. I guess when you have to do a job like his, you have to make it seem like progress has been made. Whether or not it actually has.

They need to look at the PS3 still, laggtastic pos this game is on it. I have no other games that lag like Defiance does. Still get critical disconnects for looking in a vendor, warping to the crater, going into warmaster, or even just standing around, not to metion disappearing cars still.

Ironhide
04-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Loverly :)

Still unsure what you are trying to achieve though.

Ah you Brits with your snarky sense of humor....so when you run around on Defiance do you ge that annoying Benny Hill chase music coming from your character?

Bonehead
04-08-2014, 11:04 PM
They need to look at the PS3 still, laggtastic pos this game is on it. I have no other games that lag like Defiance does. Still get critical disconnects for looking in a vendor, warping to the crater, going into warmaster, or even just standing around, not to metion disappearing cars still.

I gotta say anybody on ps3 at this point has to know where fixing lag is on the priority list.

Ironhide
04-08-2014, 11:12 PM
I gotta say anybody on ps3 at this point has to know where fixing lag is on the priority list.

Yeah right up there with making a decent game and T.D. ever finding a date on a Saturday night...lmao

duction
04-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Ah you Brits with your snarky sense of humor....so when you run around on Defiance do you ge that annoying Benny Hill chase music coming from your character?

And a friendly bit if racism to top it all off, real mature.

Ironhide
04-08-2014, 11:53 PM

Now how in the hell is anything there racist? Brit is short for British, which the English people from England are. Benny Hill is not racist, he's one of your countrys most famous Comedians.

Besides I like Brits, my wife is first generation Canadian, and her Mother and Father are British. If my wife got on here she would probably just say Sod off, or something of the sort...lol

*Fyi Its ment in Jest Mods, so again don't get your Knickers in a twist.

alienoid
04-09-2014, 12:28 AM
WTT 10 Trick Dempsey for one Nathan Richardson. At least the guy was fun.

Atticus Batman
04-09-2014, 12:37 AM
WTT 10 Trick Dempsey for one Nathan Richardson. At least the guy was fun.

The Guy was useless. Trick atleast does things for the game, even if people don't like it.

Tsort
04-09-2014, 12:39 AM
A year in Defiance : one guy approves. Not too shabby.

Yes Duction, I'm aware your friends / clanmates share your opinion, maybe you could ask them to come here and post their opinion too. Although we do all know that Trion doesn't really seem to give much credit to the feedback given by players who actually bother to come here. So that could be a double-edged sword.

I'm just curious to see if players can spin it better than Trick himself.

alienoid
04-09-2014, 12:42 AM
The Guy was useless. Trick atleast does things for the game, even if people don't like it.

Well if destroying the game core concept, turning it into yet another CoD with hellbugs and still not bringing in real content with rich story can count as doing things for the game, well, I'll stick to the useless guy ;)

duction
04-09-2014, 12:51 AM
A year in Defiance : one guy approves. Not too shabby.

Yes Duction, I'm aware your friends / clanmates share your opinion, maybe you could ask them to come here and post their opinion too. Although we do all know that Trion doesn't really seem to give much credit to the feedback given by players who actually bother to come here. So that could be a double-edged sword.

I'm just curious to see if players can spin it better than Trick himself.

The fact our clan is the largest and most active on the xbox EU servers and we all play Dailey and enjoy the game speaks for its self, or are you thinking they are sticking around playing a game they hate and don't enjoy like yourselfs? Seems kind of Wierd to me if that's so,

Either way this game is fun and rocks! and is here to stay :)

Atticus Batman
04-09-2014, 01:22 AM

Don't want to take a side here, but since when do Brits have a problem with racism? I mean Monty Python is a British series and it is full of racism, sexism, blasphomiuos insults, and every other insulting thing the could think of, and it is considered classic comedy gold!

Here's an excerpt!

{ The Announcer: [voiceover of stock footage of a Roman chariot race] From the pulsating pages of history, from the dark and furious days of Imperial Rome, we bring you a story that shattered the world! A tale so gripping that they said it could not he filmed! A unique event in cinema history: 'Julius Caesar' On an Aldis Lamp!

[cuts to closeup of Caesar walking in a Roman street. A soothsayer runs up to him, wild-eyed, and flashes an Aldis lamp]

Soothsayer: [flashing Aldis lamp] Beware the Ides of March.

[Caesar is stabbed by the assassins, and as he collapses to the ground, he pulls out a very big Aldis lamp, and flashes it]

Caesar: [flashing his Aldis lamp] Et tu, Brute?

[cuts to a Western street, with two cowboys facing each other and holding Morse buzzers]

The Announcer: From the makers of 'Gunfight at the O.K. Corral in Morse Code.'

[the two buzz a bit. One of them collapses to the ground]

Gunman: [buzzing on his Morse buzzer] AAAAHHH!

[Cuts to a Red Indian making smoke signals]

The Announcer: And the smoke-signal version of 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes'!
}

I am sure that like those comedians, Ironside was just trying to lighten the mood with off-colred levity. Perhaps he failed in your opinion, but his remarks are nowhere as offensive as anything found in Monty Python skits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oHw6niE9e8). And yes I know American comedians can be as bad, like Dennis Leary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs), Sam Kenison (A former Penecostal Preacher. lol) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuA0Xm2cy1s), or Richard Prior (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EZrOJLMyNk).

And yes I know I am sick and twisted, since I like all the links I posted.

Atticus Batman
04-09-2014, 01:42 AM
Well if destroying the game core concept, turning it into yet another CoD with hellbugs and still not bringing in real content with rich story can count as doing things for the game, well, I'll stick to the useless guy ;)

Like it or not,

People asked for dynamic scaling to return since being removed the first week of the Pc alpha, and after the first day of the Xbox beta. We are getting it.

people asked for consumables, like health packs. We got those, even if we expected Mass Effect 3 med packs, and got stims/spikes instead.

People wanted all the different nanos and even non-nanos to have their own bonuses and weaknesses. We are getting that.

People wanted guns to be more powerful at each higher level. We are getting that, even if you hate the idea of paying to level your fave guns.

I have been around since the Xbox beta, and have met plenty that wanted grenades to be a consumable so they actually matter. We got that, even if implemented badly.

Btw it is not destroying Trion's core game, because it is Trion's to screw with as they want. Not only that but when it was first released into alpha/beta, it did have dynamic scaling, but it was inexplicably removed. It also had a rad nano (we still have) and a toxic nano (it was removed, except one pistol at the Top-notch rep vendor still has the toxic icon). You may hate it, but so far it all sounds ok or atleast tolerable to me, and like the progress MOST have asked for. Go to their suggestions thread if you can find it, and check there and on their google voter. Most of the implemented ideas actually are on there, in some form, with high votes. Trion just took our ideas and altered them to fit their image, like any company would. Heck play Skyrim's Hearthfire dlc. That is just a user created mod for Pc, that the company's devs "borrowed", altered, and turned into a dlc that people had to pay for.

Now, name one mmo that you have played from it's launch that has NOT messed with any game mechanics or lore, just to keep it alive and making them money. I am afraid you can't because all the successful ones did just that. Those that didn't, disappeared.

Now that said, if people hate it, then just walk away. Everyone has gotten their money's worth out of it, so there is nothing keeping you in a game, that you do not like. But everyone is going crazy without even playing the new stuff on the live servers yet. YEs some are on the test server, but the final release of that stuff is subject to change, and they NEVER fully implement everything on the test server. I say atleast give it a week of play after it is released live to see if you can handle it. If not, then I am sorry to see you go.

Tsort
04-09-2014, 02:23 AM
The fact our clan is the largest and most active on the xbox EU servers and we all play Dailey and enjoy the game speaks for its self, or are you thinking they are sticking around playing a game they hate and don't enjoy like yourselfs? Seems kind of Wierd to me if that's so,
Did I ever imply you guys pretended to like the game and didn't? You should re-read my post, you got me wrong.

Tsort
04-09-2014, 02:58 AM
Now, name one mmo that you have played from it's launch that has NOT messed with any game mechanics (...)
To the extent we're about to witness here? No, quite frankly, I can't think of one that has. I'm not an encyclopedia of gaming, though. But to me the DLC5 preview was a shocker, and a disappointment. But then again, I'm not saying the game will turn "bad". Time will tell (but I'm afraid there wasn't, once again and by far, enough time dedicated to testing the new system... this game really feels like a perpetual beta, and that's not something I had experienced in other MMOs).

My position is simple: in a few weeks, Defiance won't be the same game that I've been enjoying so far, and that may lead to my departure. It has already made me decide against buying the Season Pass (I was about to, after all DLCs were out, until I saw DLC5). But all that is a personal opinion, granted. I just wish Trion would have devoted their time to changes supported by a majority of players instead : stuff like (real) new weapons, (real) new events, (real) new enemies, map expansions, auction houses and whatnot... Basically stuff like more (real) new content. The non-controversial. They chose to antagonize a good portion of players instead and think it will work out better for them in the long run, well, good for them. I'm doubtful.

Atticus Batman
04-09-2014, 03:01 AM
<SNIP> I'm just curious to see if players can spin it better than Trick himself.

Of course we can. Most of us post and talk alot more than Trick, and don't require somebody else to do our talking for us. That said, I am not really going to weigh in too much on my take of the new stuff, until it is finalized and released for everyone to play and try.

Atticus Batman
04-09-2014, 03:12 AM
To the extent we're about to witness here? No, quite frankly, I can't think of one that has. I'm not an encyclopedia of gaming, though. But to me the DLC5 preview was a shocker, and a disappointment. But then again, I'm not saying the game will turn "bad". Time will tell (but I'm afraid there wasn't, once again and by far, enough time dedicated to testing the new system... this game really feels like a perpetual beta, and that's not something I had experienced in other MMOs).

My position is simple: in a few weeks, Defiance won't be the same game that I've been enjoying so far, and that may lead to my departure. It has already made me decide against buying the Season Pass (I was about to, after all DLCs were out, until I saw DLC5). But all that is a personal opinion, granted. I just wish Trion would have devoted their time to changes supported by a majority of players instead : stuff like (real) new weapons, (real) new events, (real) new enemies, map expansions, auction houses and whatnot... Basically stuff like more (real) new content. The non-controversial. They chose to antagonize a good portion of players instead and think it will work out better for them in the long run, well, good for them. I'm doubtful.

As a season pass holder, who paid out of pocket after getting the game, I suggest that anyone who even considers getting it, sign up for a reward program like bing's and use their rewards to pay for the season pass, that way you aren't out any money. Besides with all my love of links, I do my daily amount of bing searches, and have stayed on their gold tier for like 5 months because of it. They offer Xbox cards, which is what I save my rewards for. They do have Rixty cards, which you Pc players can use on defi stuff. Sorry PS3 players, no PS3 cards, but they do have Gamestop gift cards. So you could get those then use them to get you some PSn cashcards.

As for the expansions, unfortunately the will come in season 2 at the earliest. Hopefully with new enemies. As for new weapons, that makes me laugh. Everyone claims they want new weapons and new weapon types, but then when somebody suggests them the majority shoot us DOWN!

alienoid
04-09-2014, 04:30 AM

This.
Only game I can think of doing it to this extent is SWG with the NGE.
You can't lure gamers in buying Pacman then decide to turn it into Tetris and still call it Pacman. That's just plain wrong.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no naysayer, heck, I even qualified as fanboy and was defending Defiance since the beginning wholeheartidly because of their refreshing concept.
Now I just feel like I should have bought some lubricant.

masterfarr
04-09-2014, 08:34 AM
What is Fort Defiance?

https://twitter.com/TrickDempsey/status/453916561590333440

Ironhide
04-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Don't want to take a side here, but since when do Brits have a problem with racism? I mean Monty Python is a British series and it is full of racism, sexism, blasphomiuos insults, and every other insulting thing the could think of, and it is considered classic comedy gold!

Here's an excerpt!

~Snip~

I am sure that like those comedians, Ironhide was just trying to lighten the mood with off-colred levity. Perhaps he failed in your opinion,

~snip~

And yes I know I am sick and twisted, since I like all the links I posted.

I was just making reference to his character running around or away from enemies with Yakety Sax music playing, nothing racist ment, or is racist about music from Benny Hill skits.

It seems the video imbed feature for here is busted so for your Yakety Sax veiwing pleasure:

Movies that should have Yakety Sax:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSK2V-a7pg8

New Kittens with Yakety Sax:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUzN1lLLNzI

Quebra Regra
04-09-2014, 09:16 AM

da fuq? How is that racist mate?

You can't be Welsh, you just can't be.

Atticus Batman
04-09-2014, 02:33 PM
What is Fort Defiance?

https://twitter.com/TrickDempsey/status/453916561590333440

You know, we would ALL love to beleive that. But we can not. The staff has always said they are reaching for the stars, only to show that they can't reach past their copy of sci-fi weekly or game informer for their newest ideas, and they never even get past the letters to the editor or table of contents depending on the day.

Bonehead
04-09-2014, 05:34 PM
da fuq? How is that racist mate?

You can't be Welsh, you just can't be.

Okay that was funny!

Bonehead
04-09-2014, 05:36 PM
I was just making reference to his character running around or away from enemies with Yakety Sax music playing, nothing racist ment, or is racist about music from Benny Hill skits.

It seems the video imbed feature for here is busted so for your Yakety Sax veiwing pleasure:

Movies that should have Yakety Sax:

New Kittens with Yakety Sax:

Fixed it for ya

Ironhide
04-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Fixed it for ya

Thanks man, I tried and tried and tried, the video would not display at all. The Html coding listed for video linking worked, but never showed up on the forum page.

Warhorse500
04-09-2014, 09:28 PM
+100 to everybody who posted here...except duction, because he appears to have his gob firmly dunked in a vat of Kool-Aid.

I will echo all those who've gone before me in this thread to say---Just what game are Scapes and Trick playing? 'Cause it doesn't sound anything like the game I've played.

I had started to come back over the last few days...lo and behold, PvP was almost playable. <Grabs chest, falls over...>

And then the hackers got back in. I got repeatedly ***** by <player name omitted> at the Freight Yard...and then he added insult to injury by trying to tell me to use the very perks I WAS using. Oh, I SO give up on PvP...my kingdom...MY WHOLE FRAKKIN' KINGDOM for just one PvP match where the hackers are all off-line.

(I think my KDR's actually into negative numbers now...I didn't realize that was even possible. :mad:)

I'm not a hard guy to please...Really I'm not. I just want to kill somebody. Is that really too much to ask?

On to the scaling issue. So what Tryin's really saying is: "Screw all you casual players who have jobs and lives in the real world. If you can't park on our game for 24/7/365, then you're just going to feel 24/7/365 frustration, forever and ever, until you either quit, or...well, just quit." Capital idea Tryin'...think I'll do just that.

Lame DLCs. To paraphrase the famous line from Top Gun..."Well, I think that just about covers the subject of lame DLCs..." This one's been done to death. Dear God in Heaven, the delusions coming out of Trion...you guys sure you weren't the same ones who programmed the Obamacare website? Just sayin'...

I am so completely over this. Done. Boom. Bam. Outta here. I'm waiting for Season 2 of the show, but beyond this...Done. Just done.

duction
04-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Farewell threads are not permitted,

Teddymouse
04-10-2014, 12:03 AM

LoL........

skepticck
04-10-2014, 01:46 AM

That's not a thread, that's a post ... just saying ... :p

Iceberg
04-10-2014, 01:25 PM

Trick, is that you?

Tsort
04-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Trick, is that you?
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

CRIXDA
04-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Duction is not Trick, that I know for certain - I certainly do.
I won't fall on the fence of opinion about either or anything with a comment here but I do know that duction is not Trick.

After One Year in The Paradise Territories, things are looking bleak to me and that is why I want to dirtect everyone over to the "Season 2" thread and get everyone to read that bad boy. It is up to DLC 3 as of tonight and I will have DLC 4 up tomorrow.

REAVER781
04-11-2014, 09:43 AM
yay my turn to comment!!

I'm big on 3rd person shooters, Dead Space and Resident Evil for example, I had high hopes for this game....
I would like to believe Trion had originally planned decent DLCs, but the bugs kept getting in the way of delivering the Downloaded-able Content we "PAID" for.
I don't believe there are any other 3rd person shooter MMOs, and if there are, I'm sure they're aren't many.
Trion had to build the 3rd person shooter from the ground up.
I can see that being a daunting task to say the least.
The trials and tribulations we have had to endear are, might I say growing pains?
Remember people, all the big MMOs weren't stable their 1st year either.
The fact that the DLCs resolved much of the bugs during the games's first year, is by NO means excusable.
The DLCs should have been released after the year, in theory; the game could have been stabilized so when the DLCs were released, they had less of an impact on the game (meaning bugs) and more impact on the experience.

Trion we paid for new content, not bug fixes, for those players that purchased the Season Pass at full price in the beginning should receive some major consolation, in the form of allowing us to build our "perfect" OJ (legendary) weapon.... Please?
On that note, the "Pay to Win" in the form of bits, to purchase lock boxes that rarely produced usable items needs to be removed permanently!
You (Trion) have built some of the lock boxes into the vendors, and that was what I wanted from the get go, but ALL of the lock boxes need to be available at the vendors.

And PVP.... Guys, really, remove the PVP completely.
The PVP is an element to the game that takes up resources and really isn't ALL that much fun.
IMO; PVP is "Halo 4" multiplayer in 3rd person, I never liked Halo multiplayer.
Please, Trion, spend those resources where they are needed most.

My creds for allowing my post:
At release I played on 360 until purchasing on PC July of 2013.
Per Raptr, time I have spent playing defiance since 11/03/2013 (raptr sign up date): 15 Days, 12 Hours, and 42 Minutes.
You do the math on how much time I have spent playing this game.
I have gone and pulled the transactions from both the Defiance, Steam, and XBOX Live transaction pages.
I personally, including the Season Pass and Bits purchased, have invested over a combined 1k in this game.
Do I feel stupid? LOL, a little bit I suppose.

The Newbs are enthusiastically enjoying the game, they have not had the growing pains we Defiance Veterans have had to endure.
Good for them (genuinely speaking, not sarcasm)
We vets are very bored of the grinding to get to lvl 5000 (current EGO Rating 4722), with receiving little but bragging rights.

The 5th DLC sounds like it resolves a lot of the game mechanics I have problems with.

I hope this does post doesn't get read by "blind eyes" so to speak, (get unnoticed by Trion).

duction
04-11-2014, 07:48 PM
I'm just a gamer, who loves the game. Why are you bad mouthing me and being so negative?

Atticus Batman
04-12-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm just a gamer, who loves the game. Why are you bad mouthing me and being so negative?

They don't like rainbows and bright sunshiny days, maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhu6o-_4Hts

Quebra Regra
04-12-2014, 08:48 AM

Frustration with the state of the game perhaps, and I'm afraid you may have stood out as a target?

You're right about any personal badmouthing, we have strongly differing opinions on the state of the game, but you do have the right to your opinion, as well as the right to express if for whatever reason. I submit however, that applies to both "pro" or "con" opinions.

I would however ask you to consider that if 79.8% of all opinions posted appear to be negative, that says something about the game, yes?

Negativity about the game? Get used to it until TRION gets that wakeup call (if ever).

Respectfully.

Holy Bahamut3
04-12-2014, 10:36 AM

Its simple, if you act as a shield, you're going to take a few hits.

drackiller
04-12-2014, 10:46 AM
They don't like rainbows and bright sunshiny days, maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhu6o-_4Hts

Damn, you`re good, i "think" i was going to say the same thing ;)

Ps: i`ll try not to write anymore today, i intended to quote Holy Bahamut post...so fracking doomed today :(

Atticus Batman
04-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Damn, you`re good, i "think" i was going to say the same thing ;)

Ps: i`ll try not to write anymore today, i intended to quote Holy Bahamut post...so fracking doomed today :(

But my post has a song and dance number! Isn't that better?!

http://images.lazygamer.net/2013/07/ani-fm_batman_dance_party.gif

Seizan
04-13-2014, 06:12 AM
Im on the other side of the fence after coming back to this game after a 3 month break. All 5 of these so called dlcs put together had only enough actual "new" content to be considered 1 great dlc for any other game out there. Not to mention that there was literally NOTHING exclusive to season pass owners short of reskins and a few weapons. Even the outfits were supposed to get arent given but out of lockboxes that take hours on end to grind for with no garauntee well EVER recieve them. 5 stripped down dlcs done wrong does not equal 5 dlcs............ trions releasing updates as dlcs method has risen to the top of the compost heap and smells far too awful to ignore anymore. Well see if this one is worth the money spent on the season pass, because so far weve been jipped.as a pass owner ive only gotten mayb 10$ worth of "exclusive pass owner" content so far and plenty of reskins and re used content that i could shake 5 sticks at if i had enough arms. On a lighter note i still enjoy the game for what it is quite alot. Just urked on2 this whole S.P. debacle.

i too have been a strong supporter of this game and played in beta and pre ordered my giant collectors edition for 150$ then bought bits to show support at 50 bucks a pop numerous times. But with every dlc release seeing paid vs free and the sickly thin amount we get for our money i lose a little bit of my trion worlds light inside..... sort of like i used to have the bat signal and now it just shines a picture of a tomagotchii poop. Maybe trion will listen to the ppl who are throwing them their revenue[season pass holders,dlc buyers,bits purchasers] and next season give us what we want,deserve, and dare i say owed?imo for this whole misleading cheap trick. Im pretty sure the fact that the dlcs suffered and were cheaply thrown out here so quickly after castithan had ALOT to do with the major updates breaking the game after release. If they didnt have to take months and months to constantly take 1 step forward and 2 steps back to fix a game that was in developement for 5 years and had plenty of alpha and beta testing they could have spent more time working on content for dlcs instead of trying to rush all 5 out by thier promised deadline.

heres to season 2 not following suit

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Bonehead
04-13-2014, 06:36 AM
Its simple, if you act as a shield, you're going to take a few hits.

Damn, that's deep.

drackiller
04-13-2014, 06:43 AM
But my post has a song and dance number! Isn't that better?!

http://images.lazygamer.net/2013/07/ani-fm_batman_dance_party.gif

Yup, much better :) After all you`re BATMAN ;)

Shogo_Yahagi
04-17-2014, 09:24 AM
Read the blog. Initial thought: "Well, that was fairly delusional."

dysonsFear
04-28-2014, 03:02 PM
I am worried, because the creative lead thinks that...

,,, nothing borrows with the Western genre as much as the Samurai genre.

Because...

The movies shared the same plot! Nothing else! Talk about ramming a square peg into a round hole.

Uh, no, Trick's absolutely right. It's kind of common knowledge that chanbara and westerns share common DNA, and that the Magnificent Seven was an official remake of Seven Samurai. Kurosawa was influenced by John Ford, and Sergio Leone was influenced by Kurosawa. It's not even opinion; it's well documented fact.

Iceberg
04-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Uh, no, Trick's absolutely right. It's kind of common knowledge that chanbara and westerns share common DNA, and that the Magnificent Seven was an official remake of Seven Samurai. Kurosawa was influenced by John Ford, and Sergio Leone was influenced by Kurosawa. It's not even opinion; it's well documented fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVVLsUUWrQY

Deunan
04-28-2014, 03:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVVLsUUWrQY

http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA0LzE4L2M4L2dvb2dsZS5kZWVlMy5naWYKcAl0aH VtYgkxMjAweDk2MDA-/a2bcbaea/ba6/google.gif

Yrkul
04-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Aha. So when Trick compares the two, he means in a movie context. Sorry, I was thinking more in socio-cultural and historical terms. My bad.

It's still bloody stupid, cramming your favorite movie elements into a different setting! The reasoning and implementation was weak and contrived! My only comfort is that the samurai element is dwindling in presence, and that people now are able to get a few suits and hats more appropriate to the series and setting.

I have, and still do, compare these "DLC" to some modder putting crude Boba Fett armours into their Elder Scrolls games.

Ashlocke
04-28-2014, 04:27 PM
We've provided more updates than you can shake a stick at.
It has been a titanic undertaking that has altered the way every single fight in the game plays out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_S5cXbXe-4

polarity
04-29-2014, 06:29 AM
In 24 years of gaming I have never seen such a fine example of auto-proctology, from the person responsible for what amounts to a big '**** you' to so many players of their game.

Pandur
04-29-2014, 06:57 AM
Read the blog. Initial thought: "Well, that was fairly delusional."

Lol i just bothered to read the whole blog too.
I understand that in a business you need to put things in a good light, but yeah uh whatever you guys are smoking i want some.
Delusions of grandeur and being completely oblivious to reality, that's soime real good stuff.

It's like Peter Molyneux on speed.